Kmartgamer

Status
Not open for further replies.

SHC-Gamer

Official Representative
www.KmartGamer.com (Blog is effective in all locations)

Sometimes, Kmartgamer offers are only featured on CAG. Usually just due to personal bandwidth on my end. Blog offers for this week will be posted tonight to alleveate any confusion.

Important: The offers this week are instant bogo's, not coupons due to previously discussed issues we are currnetly facing with our coupon program which will be fixed soon.

:ps3:1-18 Mass Effect - Buy Mass Effect 2 PS3 and get another $59.99 game 50% off (offer valid through 2/12)
  • Will be on sale for $44.99 the week of 1/30
:ps3:1-18 Little Big Planet 2 - Buy Little Big Planet 2 PS3 and get another $59.99 game 50% off (offer valid through 2/12)

Kmart Weekly Ad: (Circulars not effective in all stores, NYC and Offshore in particular)

The only noteworthy offer this week is:

• :wii:Buy Donkey Kong Country Returns and get Epic Mickey for $19.99
Only other offer not MSRP:
  • :360::ps3:Save $10 WWE Raw 2011, more of a corproate pull together offer
Like I said previously, January sucks.

Note: Savings Coupon offers are valid in all stores

Coming Soon:

Update: Submitting Feb./Mar. offers as SYWR promotions. Will post as soon as they are approved. Coupons may have temporary fix before then, if so, we'll go back to them instead of SYWR's. At the end of Mar. the coupon issue will be fixed and we'll go back to normal.
  • :360::ps3:1-25 Dead Space 2 Free 1600 XBLA Points or $20 PSN for Free
    • We show positive instock on the cards but if you run into an issue just let me know and I'll work with you.
    • Offer valid from 1/25 through 1-29
    • In many cases the points/PSN cards are located in the Gift Card rack near the front of the store by mistake.
  • :360::ps3:1-25 Two Worlds II (PS3 Version Delayed by a few days, will not ship until Friday)
    • 1-30 through 2-5, Two Worlds II will be on sale for $39.99
    • CAG only special, will not be featured on the blog
  • :wii:2-6 Mario Sports Mix TBD
  • :360::ps3: 2-8 Test Drive Unlimited 2 TBD
  • :360::ps3: 2-15 Marvel vs. Capcom 3 TBD
  • :360::ps3: 2-15 Nascar 2011 TBD
  • :360::ps3::wii: 2-15 Lego Star Wars III: The Clone Wars TBD
  • :360::ps3: 2-22 Bulletstorm TBD
  • :360::ps3: 2-22 Driver: San Francisco TBD
  • :360::ps3::wii: 2-22 De Blob: The Underground TBD
*This list is not comprehensive of every promotion that may be coming and release dates are subject to change.

Customer Questions/Comments:

General Feedback, Promotional Ideas or Anything Else :cool:

SHC-Gamer - Josh Deane [email protected]

Important: If a coupon did not print or you did not receive the value of the promotion due to a store issue I will compensate the difference. I only need the following (Please copy and paste the format below for quicker service):

• Name ____________________
  • Phone Number ____________________
  • Mailing Address ____________________
  • Receipt Number ____________________
  • Short description of incident (a novel, though enjoyed, is not required :) )
Gift cards issued usually take 7-10 days to arrive once confirmed.

CE or Specal Inventory Requests:
Email Stockboy at [email protected]

• Game ____________________
  • Platform __________________
  • Store Address _____________

Last edited by a moderator:
What is the likelihood that Kmart would carry the LE edition of Dead Space 2? Any chance? I never shop there so I don't know if they normally get stuff like the LEs.

[quote name='robbrism']What is the likelihood that Kmart would carry the LE edition of Dead Space 2? Any chance? I never shop there so I don't know if they normally get stuff like the LEs.[/QUOTE]
Unfortuantely we will not be carrying Dead Space 2 CE. I'll be updating the OP with CE information going forward as well as this seems to be a consistent question.

[quote name='SHC-Gamer']Unfortuantely we will not be carrying Dead Space 2 CE. I'll be updating the OP with CE information going forward as well as this seems to be a consistent question.[/QUOTE]

I'd also recommend updating Dead Space 2's promo end date as well. That seems to be a big one right now. My guess is since the B1G1 50% off is happening for four weeks, some people think that the DS2 one is also four weeks.

[quote name='Interfeci']I'd also recommend updating Dead Space 2's promo end date as well. That seems to be a big one right now. My guess is since the B1G1 50% off is happening for four weeks, some people think that the DS2 one is also four weeks.[/QUOTE]
Good call, just did.

FYI - I have responded to every email I have received. Please ensure that if you not received a response from me that you resend your email as I have not received it unfortunately.

Think i will grab LBP2 + DS2, just hoping there will be an LBP2 in stock on the 25th. Haven't seen any good promo's for DS2 around, so kmart get's my business.

I don't know if i care for the direction they are going with console hacking in DS2, although I haven't seen too much information on it. I hated the console hacking in BioShock. Much preferred the simplified style in BioShock 2. As long as DS2 hacking is close in nature to BioShock 2 I'll deal.

Josh, on the "TBD" deals, have those been worked out and you are waiting to post them (which is fine of course) or are the still being worked out and up in the air. Specifically MvC3, but I am curious as to the rest of them as well.

[quote name='tripleoptic']I don't know if i care for the direction they are going with console hacking in DS2, although I haven't seen too much information on it. I hated the console hacking in BioShock. Much preferred the simplified style in BioShock 2. As long as DS2 hacking is close in nature to BioShock 2 I'll deal.[/QUOTE]

You should play the demo. Theres a hacking sequence in it, very simplified.

[quote name='EYEL1NER']Josh, on the "TBD" deals, have those been worked out and you are waiting to post them (which is fine of course) or are the still being worked out and up in the air. Specifically MvC3, but I am curious as to the rest of them as well.[/QUOTE]
I've submitted all of them to the SYWR team and am awaiting confirmation on what is picked or not. Hope to hear back next week.

[quote name='jaredstorm']You should play the demo. Theres a hacking sequence in it, very simplified.[/QUOTE]

Hmm... I did play the demo, lol. Apparently it was so simple I don't remember it. Guess I'll survive. ;)

Josh,

Quick question for you. While I love the discounts and freebies like the 1600 pt cards. I'm a sucker for bonuses such as the Dead Rising 2 t-shirt or exclusive in game content. I realize that Kmart doesnt have the same clout with publishers like BB or GS but can we anticipate any of these in the future? Maybe Stockboy as a playable character in Mortal Kombat with a blue lightbulb fatality? Ok so maybe not that, but you know what I mean.

[quote name='HakurenKyo06']Ubisoft is publishing and developing the new driver title, Driver San Fransisco.[/QUOTE]

Developing!?! Oh dear god... RIP, Driver series.

[quote name='SHC-Gamer']I've submitted all of them to the SYWR team and am awaiting confirmation on what is picked or not. Hope to hear back next week.[/QUOTE]
Okay, thanks.

Hey Josh, I wanted to ask if the problem with purchasing Mass Effect 2 PS3 and Little Big Planet 2 in the same transaction has been fixed? I remember clearly that you'll give us either a status update on Thursday or that it'll be fixed by Thursday. I know it's one of the two.

[quote name='Shimmerz']Josh,

Quick question for you. While I love the discounts and freebies like the 1600 pt cards. I'm a sucker for bonuses such as the Dead Rising 2 t-shirt or exclusive in game content. I realize that Kmart doesnt have the same clout with publishers like BB or GS but can we anticipate any of these in the future? Maybe Stockboy as a playable character in Mortal Kombat with a blue lightbulb fatality? Ok so maybe not that, but you know what I mean.[/QUOTE]
LOL; I'm sure we'll have our oppty's for GWP's. We do suck at them at store level though. I'd say half of my emails were from GWP issues LY.

[quote name='worrybomb']Hey Josh, I wanted to ask if the problem with purchasing Mass Effect 2 PS3 and Little Big Planet 2 in the same transaction has been fixed? I remember clearly that you'll give us either a status update on Thursday or that it'll be fixed by Thursday. I know it's one of the two.[/QUOTE]
It is fixed this morning; however similar to the past it requires a register reboot so I am more comfortable saying it will be goood tomorrow.

[quote name='Brandon Heat']I read earlier that Dead Space 1 will be on sale next week for $10. I was just wondering if anyone knows if this is still true?[/QUOTE]
It's good next week; yep.

interested in Two Worlds 2 deal after release. Very nice. Been getting good early buzz.

[quote name='Brandon Heat']I read earlier that Dead Space 1 will be on sale next week for $10. I was just wondering if anyone knows if this is still true?[/QUOTE]
Hmmm, I must have missed where that was originally said, but will pick this up for sure. I never had much desire to play DS1 and don't care about DS2 (since I didn't play the first), but I will pick it up at that price.
Now if only Assassin's Creed could drop to $10, so I could finally play that and then AC2 and Brotherhood.

[quote name='tripleoptic']Hmm... I did play the demo, lol. Apparently it was so simple I don't remember it. Guess I'll survive. ;)[/QUOTE]

Haha. Definitely simple. I only remember it because I've played the demo soooo many times.

[quote name='EYEL1NER']Hmmm, I must have missed where that was originally said, but will pick this up for sure. I never had much desire to play DS1 and don't care about DS2 (since I didn't play the first), but I will pick it up at that price.
Now if only Assassin's Creed could drop to $10, so I could finally play that and then AC2 and Brotherhood.[/QUOTE]
I actually wouldnt worry about playing AC1 and go straight into AC2. AC2 is much better and it doesnt really require you to know much about AC1 story. Just look at the wikipedia or something if you want the story from the first game.

[quote name='EYEL1NER']Now if only Assassin's Creed could drop to $10, so I could finally play that and then AC2 and Brotherhood.[/QUOTE]

If you really want to play AC1, rent it. Honestly I couldn't stand the game as you're basically replaying the same sequence 7-9 times over. AC2 is MUCH better and if you started it first you wouldn't miss too much as the intro does a pretty good job in catching you up to date with what happened in AC1. AC2 and Brotherhood are two of my favorite games this generation without a doubt.

[quote name='wrencrest']I actually wouldnt worry about playing AC1 and go straight into AC2. AC2 is much better and it doesnt really require you to know much about AC1 story. Just look at the wikipedia or something if you want the story from the first game.[/QUOTE]
I've heard how horrible it is, I've seen someone play it before, I've read reviews... I don't know, but I just feel like before playing the other ones, I need to play this one. Plus, when I saw the guy playing it in person, I didn't think it looked that bad.

Also, there is now a SYWR Bonus program, separate from the V.I.P. program. I haven't gotten to V.I.P. yet, but I just got an email saying I'm in the bonus program, which gives you more point multiplier events, special offers, and emails with promotions for points. Huh.

Any chance we could see a deal on Beatles Rock Band? I'm sad that I missed it for $9.99 at Gamestop. I'd love to see K-Mart run that same deal.

Picked up LBP2 w/ Mass Effect 2 (Yeah, yeah, I know, it'll be $45 next week, but there were like two copies of LBP2 left at my K-Mart.. if I waited for ME2 to be $45 next week, LBP2 would be gone!)... this ended my coupon train. Sad.

[quote name='Scorch']Any chance we could see a deal on Beatles Rock Band? I'm sad that I missed it for $9.99 at Gamestop. I'd love to see K-Mart run that same deal.

Picked up LBP2 w/ Mass Effect 2 (Yeah, yeah, I know, it'll be $45 next week, but there were like two copies of LBP2 left at my K-Mart.. if I waited for ME2 to be $45 next week, LBP2 would be gone!)... this ended my coupon train. Sad.[/QUOTE]

Saw it at Sam's for 9.04 yesterday. PM me if you want me to pick one up for you.

Assassin's Creed 1 is worth playing, but if you play AC2 first you won't be able to go back.

At the same time playing AC1 before AC2 will make you appreciate the improvements that much more.

[quote name='EYEL1NER']I've heard how horrible it is, I've seen someone play it before, I've read reviews... I don't know, but I just feel like before playing the other ones, I need to play this one. Plus, when I saw the guy playing it in person, I didn't think it looked that bad.[/QUOTE]

Just got thru AC1 a couple of weeks ago. I was thinking like you. Wanted to play thru it before getting into the other ones.

Like others have said, it's a flawed open world game that has its moments (kinda like Saboteur). The two things that kept me playing were the assassination move and the base jumping.

If you mainline the game you should be able to get thru it in 6-8 hours.

sorry if it was already asked, but does the dead space 2 from kmart get you extraction? i know my gamestop copy gets it, but for a $20 psn card, i cant pass that up.

[quote name='8bitArtist']sorry if it was already asked, but does the dead space 2 from kmart get you extraction? i know my gamestop copy gets it, but for a $20 psn card, i cant pass that up.[/QUOTE]

Only the PS3 copies will have Extraction for the first few releases labled as Limited Edition, so yes you can get Extraction from Kmart as well.

AC1 is near unplayable in my opinion. Clearly rushed, clearly unfinished, especially in regard to any sort of 'side missions' that are supposed to fill out the open world. Maybe worth a playthrough if you speed run it through only core missions, but even that was too painful for me.

AC2 was far superior. AC:B is even better, though in a way more of the same of AC2.

[quote name='Sharkey1337']Only the PS3 copies will have Extraction for the first few releases labled as Limited Edition, so yes you can get Extraction from Kmart as well.[/QUOTE]

well reason i asked was i heard walmart wasnt selling the limited edition. so i was just making sure. ill try to go to my kmart at 10am to try to snag it.

[quote name='EYEL1NER']I've heard how horrible it is, I've seen someone play it before, I've read reviews... I don't know, but I just feel like before playing the other ones, I need to play this one. Plus, when I saw the guy playing it in person, I didn't think it looked that bad.

Also, there is now a SYWR Bonus program, separate from the V.I.P. program. I haven't gotten to V.I.P. yet, but I just got an email saying I'm in the bonus program, which gives you more point multiplier events, special offers, and emails with promotions for points. Huh.[/QUOTE]

I think if you like sandbox games you should probably play the first as others said you likely won't play the first if you start the second or get frustrated with it.

Having said that I do not like sandbox games like GTA and AC. I do like infamous and prototype though. To each his own I suppose.

[quote name='salty tbone']The four closest GS to me have it new. The guy was trying to help and didn't realize you only cared about online.[/QUOTE]

I didn't realize it was B&M as well. I checked the thread and no one talked about picking it up in-store.. thanks for the heads up.

So is the Dead Space 2 w/ point card deal B&M? Or will it be online too? Sorry if it's already been asked/answered. I searched around a bit in this thread and didn't see anything.

Popped into Kmart last night after quickly checking on my phone for their weekly ad. My friend and I wanted to get Mass Effect 2 and LBP2 for the PS3 for $80...Sounded great.

I'm going to paraphrase...Got the games, they didn't ring up correctly. Went through hoops to show them that the advertised price actually was from Kmartgamer.com, and that I wasn't attempting to "scam" them (sick of these prices not being in the ads(especially with Kmart's stupid employees/policies)). Walked up to the service desk because I didn't want my friend/former co-worker to override the system and input the games at their correct prices (he would have been fired today had he done so).

The employee and I get up there and show them the same ad. She immediately notices that there is a current pricing error (which I didn't before walking in), and that the problem should be fixed by today. At this point I'm thinking to myself, "Awesome, now override the price and let me leave"...To which she mentally replied, "Hell no".

Regardless; upon reading this, she told me I'd either have to return today (BS). or purchase them at full retail and hope the problem is fixed today when I could return/rebuy them.

Now, I'm not a stupid person, nor am I a person that doesn't understand how Kmart works...They could have overridden the prices, and should have last night (especially when I jumped through hoops to prove that their pricing was incorrect, and actually "was" their own. Upon returning to my place, my friend and I noticed a B2G1 on Amazon. Did that without a hassle, and for less money. I'm sorry again, SHC...But your stores are filled with incompetent employees. Spending 45 minutes clarifying a price, just to be told to go home or return for a potential price change, is stupid...I really think I'll be spending my money elsewhere from now on. Regardless of how hard you try, your retarded underlings will always toss a monkey-wrench into the workings...

[quote name='thehoweller']Popped into Kmart last night after quickly checking on my phone for their weekly ad. My friend and I wanted to get Mass Effect 2 and LBP2 for the PS3 for $80...Sounded great.

I'm going to paraphrase...Got the games, they didn't ring up correctly. Went through hoops to show them that the advertised price actually was from Kmartgamer.com, and that I wasn't attempting to "scam" them (sick of these prices not being in the ads(especially with Kmart's stupid employees/policies)). Walked up to the service desk because I didn't want my friend/former co-worker to override the system and input the games at their correct prices (he would have been fired today had he done so).

The employee and I get up there and show them the same ad. She immediately notices that there is a current pricing error (which I didn't before walking in), and that the problem should be fixed by today. At this point I'm thinking to myself, "Awesome, now override the price and let me leave"...To which she mentally replied, "Hell no".

Regardless; upon reading this, she told me I'd either have to return today (BS). or purchase them at full retail and hope the problem is fixed today when I could return/rebuy them.

Now, I'm not a stupid person, nor am I a person that doesn't understand how Kmart works...They could have overridden the prices, and should have last night (especially when I jumped through hoops to prove that their pricing was incorrect, and actually "was" their own. Upon returning to my place, my friend and I noticed a B2G1 on Amazon. Did that without a hassle, and for less money. I'm sorry again, SHC...But your stores are filled with incompetent employees. Spending 45 minutes clarifying a price, just to be told to go home or return for a potential price change, is stupid...I really think I'll be spending my money elsewhere from now on. Regardless of how hard you try, your retarded underlings will always toss a monkey-wrench into the workings...[/QUOTE]
Yep, completely and totally ridiculous. But one thing I never understand from the issues posted here is why fight it? Why not just buy one of the games knowing that you can just contact me and I'll mail out the value of the promotion?

If a store is giving you grief, don't spend 45 minutes trying to work it out. Spend 1 minute emailing me and I will always do what is right.

[quote name='SHC-Gamer']Yep, completely and totally ridiculous. But one thing I never understand from the issues posted here is why fight it? Why not just buy one of the games knowing that you can just contact me and I'll mail out the value of the promotion?

If a store is giving you grief, don't spend 45 minutes trying to work it out. Spend 1 minute emailing me and I will always do what is right.[/QUOTE]

1) Because it shouldn't be like that.

2) Things get lost in the mail. Shit happens. You might get hit by a bus.

3) maybe he only had limited cash on him.

But mostly 1. It's just frustrating. We support your great effort but why support someone (local workers) who doesn't want to help themselves.

[quote name='confoosious']1) Because it shouldn't be like that.

2) Things get lost in the mail. Shit happens. You might get hit by a bus.

3) maybe he only had limited cash on him.

But mostly 1. It's just frustrating. We support your great effort but why support someone (local workers) who doesn't want to help themselves.[/QUOTE]
Totally agree that it shouldn't be like that. But barring be hit by a bus and things being lost in the mail (which I can still help with), I'd rather a customer (especially someone as cool as Howeller :) ) not waste their valueable time and let me step in.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back