Kmartgamer

Status
Not open for further replies.

SHC-Gamer

Official Representative
www.KmartGamer.com (Blog is effective in all locations)

Sometimes, Kmartgamer offers are only featured on CAG. Usually just due to personal bandwidth on my end. Blog offers for this week will be posted tonight to alleveate any confusion.

Important: The offers this week are instant bogo's, not coupons due to previously discussed issues we are currnetly facing with our coupon program which will be fixed soon.

:ps3:1-18 Mass Effect - Buy Mass Effect 2 PS3 and get another $59.99 game 50% off (offer valid through 2/12)
  • Will be on sale for $44.99 the week of 1/30
:ps3:1-18 Little Big Planet 2 - Buy Little Big Planet 2 PS3 and get another $59.99 game 50% off (offer valid through 2/12)

Kmart Weekly Ad: (Circulars not effective in all stores, NYC and Offshore in particular)

The only noteworthy offer this week is:

• :wii:Buy Donkey Kong Country Returns and get Epic Mickey for $19.99
Only other offer not MSRP:
  • :360::ps3:Save $10 WWE Raw 2011, more of a corproate pull together offer
Like I said previously, January sucks.

Note: Savings Coupon offers are valid in all stores

Coming Soon:

Update: Submitting Feb./Mar. offers as SYWR promotions. Will post as soon as they are approved. Coupons may have temporary fix before then, if so, we'll go back to them instead of SYWR's. At the end of Mar. the coupon issue will be fixed and we'll go back to normal.
  • :360::ps3:1-25 Dead Space 2 Free 1600 XBLA Points or $20 PSN for Free
    • We show positive instock on the cards but if you run into an issue just let me know and I'll work with you.
    • Offer valid from 1/25 through 1-29
    • In many cases the points/PSN cards are located in the Gift Card rack near the front of the store by mistake.
  • :360::ps3:1-25 Two Worlds II (PS3 Version Delayed by a few days, will not ship until Friday)
    • 1-30 through 2-5, Two Worlds II will be on sale for $39.99
    • CAG only special, will not be featured on the blog
  • :wii:2-6 Mario Sports Mix TBD
  • :360::ps3: 2-8 Test Drive Unlimited 2 TBD
  • :360::ps3: 2-15 Marvel vs. Capcom 3 TBD
  • :360::ps3: 2-15 Nascar 2011 TBD
  • :360::ps3::wii: 2-15 Lego Star Wars III: The Clone Wars TBD
  • :360::ps3: 2-22 Bulletstorm TBD
  • :360::ps3: 2-22 Driver: San Francisco TBD
  • :360::ps3::wii: 2-22 De Blob: The Underground TBD
*This list is not comprehensive of every promotion that may be coming and release dates are subject to change.

Customer Questions/Comments:

General Feedback, Promotional Ideas or Anything Else :cool:

SHC-Gamer - Josh Deane [email protected]

Important: If a coupon did not print or you did not receive the value of the promotion due to a store issue I will compensate the difference. I only need the following (Please copy and paste the format below for quicker service):

• Name ____________________
  • Phone Number ____________________
  • Mailing Address ____________________
  • Receipt Number ____________________
  • Short description of incident (a novel, though enjoyed, is not required :) )
Gift cards issued usually take 7-10 days to arrive once confirmed.

CE or Specal Inventory Requests:
Email Stockboy at [email protected]

• Game ____________________
  • Platform __________________
  • Store Address _____________

Last edited by a moderator:
Coupons aren't going away. Josh said why the coupons are so short: to get them to work on just a $40 purchase, he had to edit the dates it was usable.

Would you rather him require you to specifically buy a $40+ game, or his deal to require simply $40 of games?

Here's what I'm planning to do tomorrow and need some input.

Planning to pick up Golden Sun for DS as well as Dragon Quest IX after 50%. Golden Sun is 35$ and Dragon Quest will be 17.50 afterwards. That's a total of 52.50$ I am planning to use my 15$ Epic Mickey Coupon on it as well. The Golden Sun comes with a 10$ coupon and am wondering if I will also get the 15$ coupon for purchasing 39.99$+ in gaming software? Thanks!

[quote name='thingsfallnapart']Kind of a bummer that the new coupons this week are only valid till christmas eve....is the gaming coupon thing coming to an end? Seeing as how 12/07 is the last date I am begining to fear the worst here...[/QUOTE]

The coupon end date on the 24th makes sense for many reasons. First being that it encourages people to use their coupon & shop by the 24th (Christmas Eve).

Secondly coupons usually end on a Saturday but the 25th is Christmas Day & is on a Saturday... ;)

Yeah I'm going to try tomorrow after class regardless. I'll post my results then. OP only says Epic Mickey is excluded so I'm guessing it should work.

I used a $30 coupon from Apache Air Assault and a $25 coupon from Gran Turismo 5 and picked up F1 2010 for $5. Still printed the $15 coupon, I guess the deal is for the price before discounts, as F1 is still $60 full price.

Yes, the deal is for price before coupons, just like Josh has said and others have restated multiple times.

It's not like this is some new revelation.

[quote name='Altanis']Yes, the deal is for price before coupons, just like Josh has said and others have restated multiple times.

It's not like this is some new revelation.[/QUOTE]
Some earlier were saying they didn't get coupon printed off for games $39.99+ when using coupon to buy. although I suspect they may have had coupon scanned before total was hit in the transaction.

Last edited by a moderator:
Good to know that it's the combined total if buying multiple games as it give me some backup plan options if Epic Mickey is sold out Tuesday evening.

[quote name='sageridder']Some earlier were saying they didn't get coupon printed off for games $39.98+ when using coupon to buy. although I suspect they may have had coupon scanned before total was hit in the transaction.[/QUOTE]

Has to be $39.99 or higher...2 $19.99 games won't work unless adding an additional gaming purchase. It's on the OP.

[quote name='Maniac Mansion']Has to be $39.99 or higher...2 $19.99 games won't work unless adding an additional gaming purchase. It's on the OP.[/QUOTE]
was a simple miss type .98+ instead of .99+ not the issue people had.

[quote name='sageridder']Some earlier were saying they didn't get coupon printed off for games $39.99+ when using coupon to buy. although I suspect they may have had coupon scanned before total was hit in the transaction.[/QUOTE]

You cant actually scan a coupon until you hit total anyways as the system will kick it back.

I never shop at Kmart. Like, ever. My local store is dirty & disorganized and and most of the employees aren't very helpful.

This weekend I decided I wanted to get Splatterhouse after hearing some good things about it. I almost always buy my games from Amazon, and if not Amazon then Target. But I had read on this very website that Kmart was offering a $30 credit (last week) for buying Splatterhouse so I went to Kmart and bought it.

Tonight I went back to use the $30 credit and when I was there I looked around the store and found some shirts at a very decent price, so I got them. I also picked up a few groceries since I was already at the store. There wasn't a huge selection of games that I personally wanted, but I saw that Lucha Libre game and even though I no longer watch wrestling I still buy and enjoy wrestling games so I got that. The shelf tag said it was $59.99 but it rang up for $39.99 so I only paid $9.99 after the coupon credit, plus it printed out another $15 credit because the game was $39.99.

I was very happy with the deals and I will go back again to use the $15 credit. So Josh or whomever is here from Kmart let your bosses know that your efforts are helping the company make money. The game deals got me into the store that I never go to, and I bought other stuff when I was there.

Wait, 39.99 worth of video games qualify for a 15 dollar coupon? Interesting, thought it was just for one game 39.99 and up. I wonder if you buy Golden Son+ Dragon Quest if you'd get an additional 15 dollar coupon.

[quote name='Maniac Mansion']The coupon end date on the 24th makes sense for many reasons. First being that it encourages people to use their coupon & shop by the 24th (Christmas Eve).

Secondly coupons usually end on a Saturday but the 25th is Christmas Day & is on a Saturday... ;)[/QUOTE]

There's nothing new coming out before Christmas besides epic mickey and no way to keep the discounts rolling. I am going to be forced to spend my coupons on "eh" games. December is a really weak month. real wek. Since I got everything i want, the real next release I want is mass effect 2/little big planet 2/Dead space 2 but no coupon this year touches those dates.

[quote name='Friend of Sonic']Wait, 39.99 worth of video games qualify for a 15 dollar coupon? Interesting, thought it was just for one game 39.99 and up. I wonder if you buy Golden Son+ Dragon Quest if you'd get an additional 15 dollar coupon.[/QUOTE]

I personally don't see why it wouldn't work...thanks for the reminder! :bouncy:

[quote name='JaylisJayP']Is there anything actually on sale this week that'd be worth using my GT5 coupon toward?[/QUOTE]

Only games I know of on sale is the Golden Sun/DQ9 deal.

Epic Mickey isn't on sale but a $20 coupon does print out for the normal edition & a $30 one for the collector's edition.

josh --- any chance of any Move game sales in december, or Assasin's Creed: Brotherhood or Transformers WFC? in the next few weeks? I'm trying hard to figure out what to spend my current coupons on.

[quote name='shadylane']Can I order Epic Mickey online or do I have to go in store?[/QUOTE]

I second this. I know we should read, but there's over 100 pages. Is epic mickey out? Some ppl in the thread said they got theirs?

So, this leads me to ask if it is out can I get it in store and get my coupon too?

[quote name='Friend of Sonic']Wait, 39.99 worth of video games qualify for a 15 dollar coupon? Interesting, thought it was just for one game 39.99 and up. I wonder if you buy Golden Son+ Dragon Quest if you'd get an additional 15 dollar coupon.[/QUOTE]

Don't know about that, but it may not work as the discounted DQ IX is another deal and it may not count towards the total in that case.

However, I can confirm from first hand experience that you can buy 3 $14.99 games, use a $15 coupon, and get a $15 coupon in return. I did that tonight on 3 cheap DS games.

I also bought a PSN card for $5 with another coupon (separate transaction of course). It would be interesting to know if you could buy 2 PSN cards and get the $15 back, though. It shouldn't work as those are not games, but we all know these things never work quite as planned ;).

i bought 2 games (Sonic Colors and Golden Eye both for the wii), used a few coupons (spent $20) and got TWO $15 coupons back. Great deal, although I was looking for Just Dance 2 for the Wii for my fiance.. no dice.

[quote name='Tsukinikawatte']I second this. I know we should read, but there's over 100 pages. Is epic mickey out? Some ppl in the thread said they got theirs?

So, this leads me to ask if it is out can I get it in store and get my coupon too?[/QUOTE]

I believe this is released on 11/29 (Tuesday). My Kmart had none.

a little late here with my issue but i read some had a similar issue while others did not, didn't see a solution posted so im gonna throw this out there:
i bought DKCR with my SYWR card and only got one $10 coupon. store associate said he didnt know why it wasnt coming out.
on the plus side i did a kmart coupon good for a free 20oz coke, but i would much rather have an extra $10 coupon to spend. any help is appreciated, thanks!

also, so is it confirmed that you only need a total of $39.99 worth of games or a game actually $39.99 and up? wanna know what the situation is so i can decide what to get along with Golden Sun

[quote name='itzd4n']a little late here with my issue but i read some had a similar issue while others did not, didn't see a solution posted so im gonna throw this out there:
i bought DKCR with my SYWR card and only got one $10 coupon. store associate said he didnt know why it wasnt coming out.
on the plus side i did a kmart coupon good for a free 20oz coke, but i would much rather have an extra $10 coupon to spend. any help is appreciated, thanks!

also, so is it confirmed that you only need a total of $39.99 worth of games or a game actually $39.99 and up? wanna know what the situation is so i can decide what to get along with Golden Sun[/QUOTE]

I don't remember DKC having a coupon @ KMart. I may have missed it, but that was part of the reason I didn't get it from KMart.

[quote name='MrNEWZ']I don't remember DKC having a coupon @ KMart. I may have missed it, but that was part of the reason I didn't get it from KMart.[/QUOTE]

It came with 2 $10 dollar coupons. One with purchase and another if you had your SYWR card.

DKC: Returns had 2 $10 coupons if you bought it and used your Shop Your Way Rewards card.

And yes, it is confirmed that all you need is a total of $39.99 or more. Josh confirmed this himself only a few hours ago.

Thanks Kmart and Sears, I picked up for Black Friday:
A 4GB Pro Duo Memory Stick for $15. Next, I found two games in the budget titles bin. For $10, PSP Pixel Junk Monsters and a game not a deal, but the only place I could find a sealed copy. Also, found a game I have been really searching for, Castle Shikigami III for the Wii for $10! Thanks.

I saw a display at one of my Kmarts with Sonic the Hedgehog games and it says on the display that you can get a free Sonic figurine with purchase of a Sonic game. The figurines cost $6 by themselves.

[quote name='io']
However, I can confirm from first hand experience that you can buy 3 $14.99 games, use a $15 coupon, and get a $15 coupon in return. I did that tonight on 3 cheap DS games.[/QUOTE]

My question is can I use a coupon on let's say Sonic's Classic Collection for $15 off from the Epic Mickey preorders, making the Sonic game cost $5 plus tax and still get the figurine for free?

Also is there a limit per transaction of free figurines, I'd like to do what IO did in order to get another coupon?

I plan on using my $15 off coupon while buying 3 Sonic games, getting 3 figurines for free, and getting another coupon in the end all in the same transaction. Thanks.

[quote name='io']Don't know about that, but it may not work as the discounted DQ IX is another deal and it may not count towards the total in that case.

However, I can confirm from first hand experience that you can buy 3 $14.99 games, use a $15 coupon, and get a $15 coupon in return. I did that tonight on 3 cheap DS games.

I also bought a PSN card for $5 with another coupon (separate transaction of course). It would be interesting to know if you could buy 2 PSN cards and get the $15 back, though. It shouldn't work as those are not games, but we all know these things never work quite as planned ;).[/QUOTE]

I too doubt it would work. I purchased a couple tonight in single transactions of course using 2 coupons but it would be interesting to see if it would work.

I'm interested in picking up on the Epic Micky deal and using the $15 off coupon to grab Civ 5, but I'm a little confused on how this all works? How do I get the coupons? I scanned the circular and didn't see anything of the type, although I didn't look too thoroughly. Do I have to sign up for some KmartGamer program /card?

I may have missed something, (there are an incredible number of pages in this thread) but if someone wants to fill in my poorly informed and extremely tired self, it would be much appreciated.

EDIT: Reread front page (not OP but front page). I now understand that you GET the coupon from the purchase, not use it on the purchase.

[quote name='io']
However, I can confirm from first hand experience that you can buy 3 $14.99 games, use a $15 coupon, and get a $15 coupon in return. I did that tonight on 3 cheap DS games..[/QUOTE]

and a few posts later...

[quote name='itzd4n']
also, so is it confirmed that you only need a total of $39.99 worth of games or a game actually $39.99 and up? wanna know what the situation is so i can decide what to get along with Golden Sun[/QUOTE]

What, you don't believe me? ;)

[quote name='anotherpoorgamer']My question is can I use a coupon on let's say Sonic's Classic Collection for $15 off from the Epic Mickey preorders, making the Sonic game cost $5 plus tax and still get the figurine for free?

Also is there a limit per transaction of free figurines, I'd like to do what IO did in order to get another coupon?

I plan on using my $15 off coupon while buying 3 Sonic games, getting 3 figurines for free, and getting another coupon in the end all in the same transaction. Thanks.[/QUOTE]

I didn't even know about this Sonic figurine deal. I did see a display with all the games and figures on the Electronics counter but there was no sign about getting the figures free. I probably would have passed anyway.

So, yeah, I have no idea if that will work. It seems likely that given the way these deals have worked before you will only get 1 figurine when purchasing multiple games though. You should be able to get the $15 coupons if you buy other stuff along with the Sonic + figurine bundle.

Just to reiterate, I bought 3 DS games (and they weren't Sonic ones). But I was able to use a $15 coupon on them, and I got another in return. I know this has been stated before, but the new ones say "$15 off software gaming purchase" instead of just "$15 off gaming purchase" like before. Accessories, hardware, social bundles and "non-merchandise" are excluded. I guess social bundles are Kinect and Move?? And I have no idea what non-merchandise is - unless that means Points cards and the like.

[quote name='Prophit']EDIT: Reread front page (not OP but front page). I now understand that you GET the coupon from the purchase, not use it on the purchase.[/QUOTE]

Yes, buy Epic Mickey and you will get a $20 coupon to use the following week.

[quote name='io']
I didn't even know about this Sonic figurine deal. I did see a display with all the games and figures on the Electronics counter but there was no sign about getting the figures free. I probably would have passed anyway.

So, yeah, I have no idea if that will work. It seems likely that given the way these deals have worked before you will only get 1 figurine when purchasing multiple games though. You should be able to get the $15 coupons if you buy other stuff along with the Sonic + figurine bundle.

Just to reiterate, I bought 3 DS games (and they weren't Sonic ones). But I was able to use a $15 coupon on them, and I got another in return. I know this has been stated before, but the new ones say "$15 off software gaming purchase" instead of just "$15 off gaming purchase" like before. Accessories, hardware, social bundles and "non-merchandise" are excluded. I guess social bundles are Kinect and Move?? And I have no idea what non-merchandise is - unless that means Points cards and the like. [/QUOTE]

Yeah, deal with the figurine was printed on the cardboard display itself that was filled with Sonic game across all platforms along with figurines in the middle, easy to miss. I've been a Sonic fan so I might get at least one there was Sonic, Knuckles, Tails, and Shadow.

I looked at the back and I think there was Amy or Eggman as well. I wanted Metal Sonic, but it wasn't there. Might use my coupon at a different Kmart, hopefully there will be the same display with Metal Sonic.

im looking to buy epic mickey collectors but i hate kmart is there any ad i can email to amazon??? i called them and if i can show a link to their website or something showing the 30$ coupon they will price match it ontop of the 10% discount they are already giving for the game that would be a huge steal.

[quote name='litobirdy']So regular epic mickey would print a $20 coupon and $15 software gaming coupon?[/QUOTE]

Nope, just the $20 coupon. Epic Mickey is an exception to the $15 all gaming coupon.

ok so back to my "no coupons on Points cards drama" I hope Josh can call kmart 3990 today to straighten that out wit the stupid manager.

Josh, I'm curious are there gonna be any more console deals before Christmas? I'd like to get another PS3 and use up my gaming coupons if at all possible.

[quote name='irishsoccermbw']Josh, I'm curious are there gonna be any more console deals before Christmas? I'd like to get another PS3 and use up my gaming coupons if at all possible.[/QUOTE]

I would be interested in this as well.

Actually, I'm mainly curious whether there will be any more deals before Christmas. Having a nice long list of upcoming deals has been exceptionally helpful in planning where to apply coupons, but the list comes to an end December 7th. Is this a consequence of the release schedule, or do all coupon trains end by New Year's?

Seems new language on the coupons prevent then from being used on points cards and some stores are applying this to older coupons that don't say "software gaming purchase". I sure hope this gets straightened out because I have a couple older coupons I was planning to use on points. The apparent exclusion of points cards going forward is a big disappointment.

[quote name='probin74243']Seems new language on the coupons prevent then from being used on points cards and some stores are applying this to older coupons that don't say "software gaming purchase". I sure hope this gets straightened out because I have a couple older coupons I was planning to use on points. The apparent exclusion of points cards going forward is a big disappointment.[/QUOTE]

Is this official? the new language on the new coupons? the coupons i have say nothing about excluding the cards. They just have that new BOLD font about CAN COMBINE COUPONS... didnt think Josh would edit it AGAIN.

[quote name='litobirdy']Is this official? the new language on the new coupons? the coupons i have say nothing about excluding the cards. They just have that new BOLD font about CAN COMBINE COUPONS... didnt think Josh would edit it AGAIN.[/QUOTE]

I think these are a special case, since $39.99 or more equals to a bunch of us grabbing some older games to bring the total above $40. It's almost like clearance. (Look at it this way. Three $15 games, most people have an Epic Mickey coupon, turns into three $10 games. When you have games that vary from launch to now, it's a little ridiculous. Josh gets rid of some old stuff taking up shelf space, and he gives us a coupon for doing so while staying within his boundaries.)

Right now i'm at a loss, though. The OP doesn't really have any future deals, and i'm sitting on coupons. I assume this program may continue on through to the next year, but you can never be too certain. What say you, Josh? Are we still going to bug you after the quarter ends?

[quote name='litobirdy']Is this official? the new language on the new coupons? the coupons i have say nothing about excluding the cards. They just have that new BOLD font about CAN COMBINE COUPONS... didnt think Josh would edit it AGAIN.[/QUOTE]

I don't want to cause a panic. Maybe I assumed too much based on the wording provided by io. This could be just for this week's deal due to the "internal dancing" Josh had to do to make it work for all software. I just find it odd that at least two people have been denied using coupons with points cards this week. Thought it might be a policy change.

[quote name='Interfeci']I think these are a special case, since $39.99 or more equals to a bunch of us grabbing some older games to bring the total above $40. It's almost like clearance. (Look at it this way. Three $15 games, most people have an Epic Mickey coupon, turns into three $10 games. When you have games that vary from launch to now, it's a little ridiculous. Josh gets rid of some old stuff taking up shelf space, and he gives us a coupon for doing so while staying within his boundaries.)

Right now i'm at a loss, though. The OP doesn't really have any future deals, and i'm sitting on coupons. I assume this program may continue on through to the next year, but you can never be too certain. What say you, Josh? Are we still going to bug you after the quarter ends?[/QUOTE]

well for this special case i know that the $15 coupon this week supposedly says Gaming SOFTWARE coupon. so thats fine i understand then that they cant be used on psn cards. But a manager to make up his own rules for the older coupons is annoying. I"ll have to try another kmart today

can SOMEONE answer my question please is their any link showing this coupon or is it just auto applied on checkout or something?? when i check out my cart for the collectors of epic mickey it just says ill get a 15$ coupon not 30$. i want to try and price match this with amazon but need to see the 30$ atm they will price match the 15$.

[quote name='gauu']can SOMEONE answer my question please is their any link showing this coupon or is it just auto applied on checkout or something?? when i check out my cart for the collectors of epic mickey it just says ill get a 15$ coupon not 30$. i want to try and price match this with amazon but need to see the 30$ atm they will price match the 15$.[/QUOTE]

In the OP it says that the $30 Gaming Coupon isn't in the ad. Just the $20 on the standard and the $15 on gaming $39.99+ (excluding Epic Mickey).

Good luck having Amazon PM though.

[quote name='Haggar']I never shop at Kmart. Like, ever. My local store is dirty & disorganized and and most of the employees aren't very helpful.[/QUOTE]

Well you are the Mayor and live in Metro City which is overrun by the Mad Gear gang. j/k

Anyways, I'm awaiting word what happened with my issue I had yesterday. Weird how my coupon didn't print out. Josh, as usual, replay at your convenience.

Plus manager's denying coupons for PSN/XBLA cards? Unless they refuse to scan the coupon, they are making their own rules.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back