Kmartgamer

Status
Not open for further replies.

SHC-Gamer

Official Representative
www.KmartGamer.com (Blog is effective in all locations)

Sometimes, Kmartgamer offers are only featured on CAG. Usually just due to personal bandwidth on my end. Blog offers for this week will be posted tonight to alleveate any confusion.

Important: The offers this week are instant bogo's, not coupons due to previously discussed issues we are currnetly facing with our coupon program which will be fixed soon.

:ps3:1-18 Mass Effect - Buy Mass Effect 2 PS3 and get another $59.99 game 50% off (offer valid through 2/12)
  • Will be on sale for $44.99 the week of 1/30
:ps3:1-18 Little Big Planet 2 - Buy Little Big Planet 2 PS3 and get another $59.99 game 50% off (offer valid through 2/12)

Kmart Weekly Ad: (Circulars not effective in all stores, NYC and Offshore in particular)

The only noteworthy offer this week is:

• :wii:Buy Donkey Kong Country Returns and get Epic Mickey for $19.99
Only other offer not MSRP:
  • :360::ps3:Save $10 WWE Raw 2011, more of a corproate pull together offer
Like I said previously, January sucks.

Note: Savings Coupon offers are valid in all stores

Coming Soon:

Update: Submitting Feb./Mar. offers as SYWR promotions. Will post as soon as they are approved. Coupons may have temporary fix before then, if so, we'll go back to them instead of SYWR's. At the end of Mar. the coupon issue will be fixed and we'll go back to normal.
  • :360::ps3:1-25 Dead Space 2 Free 1600 XBLA Points or $20 PSN for Free
    • We show positive instock on the cards but if you run into an issue just let me know and I'll work with you.
    • Offer valid from 1/25 through 1-29
    • In many cases the points/PSN cards are located in the Gift Card rack near the front of the store by mistake.
  • :360::ps3:1-25 Two Worlds II (PS3 Version Delayed by a few days, will not ship until Friday)
    • 1-30 through 2-5, Two Worlds II will be on sale for $39.99
    • CAG only special, will not be featured on the blog
  • :wii:2-6 Mario Sports Mix TBD
  • :360::ps3: 2-8 Test Drive Unlimited 2 TBD
  • :360::ps3: 2-15 Marvel vs. Capcom 3 TBD
  • :360::ps3: 2-15 Nascar 2011 TBD
  • :360::ps3::wii: 2-15 Lego Star Wars III: The Clone Wars TBD
  • :360::ps3: 2-22 Bulletstorm TBD
  • :360::ps3: 2-22 Driver: San Francisco TBD
  • :360::ps3::wii: 2-22 De Blob: The Underground TBD
*This list is not comprehensive of every promotion that may be coming and release dates are subject to change.

Customer Questions/Comments:

General Feedback, Promotional Ideas or Anything Else :cool:

SHC-Gamer - Josh Deane [email protected]

Important: If a coupon did not print or you did not receive the value of the promotion due to a store issue I will compensate the difference. I only need the following (Please copy and paste the format below for quicker service):

• Name ____________________
  • Phone Number ____________________
  • Mailing Address ____________________
  • Receipt Number ____________________
  • Short description of incident (a novel, though enjoyed, is not required :) )
Gift cards issued usually take 7-10 days to arrive once confirmed.

CE or Specal Inventory Requests:
Email Stockboy at [email protected]

• Game ____________________
  • Platform __________________
  • Store Address _____________

Last edited by a moderator:
Used the $10 coupon I got in the mail on Epic Mickey CE. $60 with tax and a $30 coupon that I can use on Warcraft next week.

Any word on whether or not Kmart will stock the Collector's Edition of World of Warcraft Cataclysm? Also, how many copies (of the regular) are expected in stores?

[quote name='Gore']How much is the red dead undead nightmare? An employee told me it was $59.99. I'd think it would be $20-30. Thanks[/QUOTE]

MSRP is $29.99. The employee probably thought you meant RDR, which probably is $59.99.

[quote name='cubeenigma']how did the game come out to? still $50? or sale? cuz my kmart had one copy and I want it but no money[/QUOTE]

Still $50.

Quite a few pages back, I read something about a problem with the $15 coupon printing out for Kinect games. I looked and I haven't seen any more about it. Any word on this? I'm hoping to pick up Dance Central with the coupon.

[quote name='abilyk']Quite a few pages back, I read something about a problem with the $15 coupon printing out for Kinect games. I looked and I haven't seen any more about it. Any word on this? I'm hoping to pick up Dance Central with the coupon.[/QUOTE]

I had no problem getting the $15 coupon w/ Dance Central today.

I brought in the 2 $10 coupons and a $15 one, and bought Twilight Princess, Lost Odyssey (still was $40), and Epic Mickey, and left with $50 in coupons for next week on. I really like this deal, so I'm probably going back tomorrow to make sure there is nothing else I want.

I posted about the problem with Dance Central on Sunday, went to a different store the next day and did a return/rebuy and the coupon printed out fine.

[quote name='Gore']How much is the red dead undead nightmare? An employee told me it was $59.99. I'd think it would be $20-30. Thanks[/QUOTE]
Saw it stickered at $19.99 tonight already had the stuff via dlc so I didn't have any reason to have it scanned.

Just wanted to give some positive feedback on store #4162. Went today after work to pick up Epic Mickey. They had someone in the department, they had good stock which looked well organized (they had Epic Mickey in regular and Collector, and the Brush controller), and the $20 coupon deal tag was posted (as well as the $30 one for CE). While I was waiting another nice associate asked if I wanted to sign up for the rewards card which I did. No problem using my $20 coupon from Fallout New Vegas, and the new $20 coupon printed out just fine.

I don't usually go to this Store (I was at another clinic today than my usual one) but I will certainly make a habit of going to it now - was highly impressed overall! Now here's hoping for a repeat next week with WoW:Cata!!!

Got EM, turtle beach x11 headset, 2 1600 points cards, and sonic and the black knight with free $5 figurine for $42.xx in and out in 15 minutes gotta love that.

[quote name='Faithful']Just wanted to give some positive feedback on store #4162. Went today after work to pick up Epic Mickey. They had someone in the department, they had good stock which looked well organized (they had Epic Mickey in regular and Collector, and the Brush controller), and the $20 coupon deal tag was posted (as well as the $30 one for CE). While I was waiting another nice associate asked if I wanted to sign up for the rewards card which I did. No problem using my $20 coupon from Fallout New Vegas, and the new $20 coupon printed out just fine.

I don't usually go to this Store (I was at another clinic today than my usual one) but I will certainly make a habit of going to it now - was highly impressed overall! Now here's hoping for a repeat next week with WoW:Cata!!![/QUOTE]
It's refreshing to see people talk about good experiences.

Glad when everything goes well. Killed two coupons and got Golden Sun with DQ IX. Both coupons and DQ IX being priced at 14.99 all worked flawlessly. Best deal on these two games around these.

[quote name='Friend of Sonic']Glad when everything goes well. Killed two coupons and got Golden Sun with DQ IX. Both coupons and DQ IX being priced at 14.99 all worked flawlessly. Best deal on these two games around these.[/QUOTE]

FoS did the 15 software coupon print for you?

Hey- had a pretty good trip to the Big K today. Picked up Epic Mickey regular edition, no problems. They had about 6 in the case, but no CE. Got the $20 coupon and used the $15 coupon from the EM box. I really wanted the Paintchuk but none were available. I was there like 3 hours after they opened so I don't see how they could ahve all been sold out.
Does anyone know about how many each store received? I even had a friendly woman in elec. check the back. No luck. I just don't know what to use this on. Hopefully Josh will drop some games next week so we have something to use the coupons on, as there's nothing I really want until February when the mother load hits.
Still having problems logging into SYWR and still haven't gotten COD points. I've gone back and forth emailing CS with no luck to any of their solutions. I just got a new card at the store and somehow have to get the 2 accounts merged.
Finally PMed Josh- hopefully he can do something.

Had a great experience at kmart couple of hours ago. After calling today the guy said they did not have any CE of Epic Mickey. So I went out there anyway tonight because I was going to get the regular version. After arriving I saw they had a couple in the bottom of the showcase of the CE edition and 5 of the paint brush nunchucks for $14.99. After trying to make my mind up on which to get I decided to just go ahead and get the CE of the game and the paintbrush nunchuck. Used 2 $10 coupons from donkey kong country and a epic mickey $15 coupon so the total for the CE of the game and the paintbrush chuck was $52.98. I also used another $15 coupon on a playstation move navigation controller putting it at $15.89. Printed out my $30 coupon no problems. Now I'm thinking of using a couple of coupons on sonic colors, modnation racers, and maybe black ops which should get me 3 $15 coupons if I check them out seperately. Picked up some charmin on sale with salespaper coupon too while I was there, 2 ply, lol.

[quote name='elessar123']MSRP is $29.99. The employee probably thought you meant RDR, which probably is $59.99.[/QUOTE]
Thanks. I asked twice for RDR undead pack.

[quote name='sageridder']Saw it stickered at $19.99 tonight already had the stuff via dlc so I didn't have any reason to have it scanned.[/QUOTE]
:DEven better. Thanks. There was no sticker.

May be the local kmart has it for $20

I went back to my Kmart tonight, since the employee who claimed you could only use 1 coupon per transaction would be done his shift by 5. The employee working tonight also thought you could only use 1 coupon her transaction, but as soon as I showed him the coupon that said that more than 1 coupon can be used as long as they are not the same barcode, he understood, and scanned them both without question. I ended up getting Epic Mickey for $26 after tax and got my $20 coupon! Do deals get any better than this? Hard to believe considering it's a $50 game on the day it is released.

[quote name='bretfav']Hey- had a pretty good trip to the Big K today. Picked up Epic Mickey regular edition, no problems. They had about 6 in the case, but no CE. Got the $20 coupon and used the $15 coupon from the EM box. I really wanted the Paintchuk but none were available. I was there like 3 hours after they opened so I don't see how they could ahve all been sold out.
Does anyone know about how many each store received? I even had a friendly woman in elec. check the back. No luck. I just don't know what to use this on. Hopefully Josh will drop some games next week so we have something to use the coupons on, as there's nothing I really want until February when the mother load hits.
Still having problems logging into SYWR and still haven't gotten COD points. I've gone back and forth emailing CS with no luck to any of their solutions. I just got a new card at the store and somehow have to get the 2 accounts merged.
Finally PMed Josh- hopefully he can do something.[/QUOTE]

Well my local K-had 2 CE and 2 paint nunchucks, I was there at 8, as always, I can't wait. :) Actually no real issues this week. And-just wanted to add how awesome Josh is! Helped w/ my issues- I started to add up how much I spent this year at kmart---wow....wow... Love deals though.. here is hoping 2011 is just as good if not better! Thanks Josh! you rock dude

Picked up Golden Sun/Dragon Quest IX and Epic Mickey in two separate transactions (since I had two Epic Mickey box coupons, along with a $20 coupon from something else -- probably Rock Band 3). The 50% discount for DQIX applied automatically, and both $10 and $15 coupons printed in the same transaction. The funny part is the receipt says in large bold type "TOTAL SAVED: $5.00", except I got $15 off DQIX, plus $15 off from an Epic Mickey coupon, plus I got another $25 in coupons. So another successful round of K-Mart deals for me, even though their computer is apparently terrible at math.

[quote name='imanerd0011']I went back to my Kmart tonight, since the employee who claimed you could only use 1 coupon per transaction would be done his shift by 5. The employee working tonight also thought you could only use 1 coupon her transaction, but as soon as I showed him the coupon that said that more than 1 coupon can be used as long as they are not the same barcode, he understood, and scanned them both without question. I ended up getting Epic Mickey for $26 after tax and got my $20 coupon! Do deals get any better than this? Hard to believe considering it's a $50 game on the day it is released.[/QUOTE]

Glad it worked out for you this trip. Who you get to check you out has everything to with success or failure at capitalising on these deals. So far I've been fairly lucky. I'm like you and can't see these deals being beat. I mean I have a huge backlog but must go back to kmart tomorrow and pick up a few more games getting the $15 coupons especially since I have some $15 coupons to use. Let me ask do these $15 coupons that print with a $39.99+ gaming purchase work on just games? Will they work on points cards? I've used the FNV coupon and EM box coupons on psn cards but I read somewhere here that these has restrictions and were software only.

I bought cod black ops on release and signed up for the rewards and my rewards account still isn't active.

What a joke I knew I should have avoided kmart now im down the 25$ gift card which was my only reason I picked this up there.

Rat I'm in the same boat, bought black ops, was told by an associate to sign up at home an request points. No response from any of my 3 emails,nothing from my auto point requests, and when I call I sit on hold forever

Using coupons I got Epic Mickey down to 5 bucks, so I decided to pick up that awesome paint brush chuk, too. May use a second Epic Mickey box coupon to get Sonic Colors, then use that $15 coupon with the EM $20 to get a $50 PSN card for Lara Croft and Pac Man.

Just got back from Kmart a bit ago. Went to pick up Epic Mickey CE for a friend. The electronics employee was really friendly, but didn't know where the CE was (said he had never seen/heard of it). When I went to grab a sales paper I found it in the glass casing by the register. Got it after that and the $30 coupon printed out no problem. :)

Saw that Test Drive Unlimited 2 got an exclusive car at Kmart. Wonder if Josh had anything to do with it? I certainly joked about it enough. :razz: Although it is a bit annoying that the only way to get the complete game would be to basically get like ten copies since every retailer has different cars exclusive. And they never released those preorder cars as DLC for the last one. Bah humbug. Completionists have it rough in the era of DLC and preorder codes.

Going to swing by Kmart tomorrow hopefully to grab a few clearance games. Hoping for White Knight Chronicles, and not sure on the others. Maybe Dragon Age Origins and Muramasa. Anyone have any recommendations?

[quote name='sdclippers']Are they going to be any new deals?[/QUOTE]

There will always be deals. Right now Tron and Cataclysm and Super Mario Allstars (Josh said he'd work out something) are really the only games coming out this month which is why the OP looks empty. The SHC crew will definately have some stuff planned coming up near Christmas. Have faith!

After reading so many positive experiences in a row, I decided to share my own. (I was going to create an account, but it seems I created one in 2008, though I don't remember ever going to this website before May of this year) Edit: Seems I'm a CAG Veteran.

I started checking out the website early May for deals. I'd pop in every once in a while and see if anything was cheap through the deals portion of the forum. It wasn't until I started paying attention to the stickies (I thought they were just rules) at the top that I found the Kmart Deals Threads.

I started reading these posts about getting games for x amount off and how they had a train (what?) going. The deals seemed too good to be true. In my experience, they usually are. Especially at my old Kmart. I'd go in 30 minutes after they opened on release day and asked for the new games and they would tell me they must have sold out because they weren't in the cases. If there ever was a good deal at Kmart, I'd just price match it at Walmart. Kmart was horrible. It closed down about 3 years ago and I hadn't steped into one until last September.

Having seen the deal for Super Scribblenauts, I decided to venture to a Kmart 30 minutes away. $15 coupon on a $30 game seemed too good to pass up. If it worked, I'd start this "train". If not, I'd promptly return the game and get it elsewhere later. To my surprise, not only was the game in stock on the day of release (shocking, I know) but the coupon printed out. On that moment, the train left the station.

Scribblenauts
Kirby's Epic Yarn
Vanquish
Uncharted GOTY
x2 Epic Mickey Box
Red Wii
Mario vs. Donkey Kong: Mini-Land Mayhem
Donkey Kong Country (Did have the coupon issue because I got it first thing in the morning and SYWR was down. Josh cleared up quickly)
Gran Turismo 5
Epic Mickey Collectors Edition
Golden Sun: Dark Dawn
Dragon Quest 9
Call of Duty: Modern Warfare Saga

Starting this week with Epic Mickey, I have now used up all my previous coupons and received another $30,$10,$15,$15 to keep the train going through the new year.

So thanks Josh, SHC crew, CAGs (is that what you[we] call your[our]selfs?)
I can certainly say that I am a true believer in Kmart (as long as you accept the ocassional: we don't have it[they do], very long wait and sometimes unhelpful calls to the store, as well as lack of employees in the electronics sections).

And, of course, it would'nt really be a first post if I didn't apologize ahead of time in the case that I am not supposed to post this here.

This is, after all, my first time. ;)

[quote name='Zaku77']Well I got my Epic Mickey CE. It took me about 20 minutes to finally get someone over there, and they weren't un-packed,s o he had to dig through boxes. He was also frustrated at this though, so I guess it wasn't his job. Apparently his brother worked on the game, and he has had a tour of the studio. Overall an interesting experience.[/QUOTE]

Just a curiosity question but was this at the Oregon City location? I ask because my opener happens to have a brother who worked on the game down in San Antonio and when he went down there for vacation he said he toured the studio. Its the closers job to get the new releases out Monday night but now that I no longer close on Monday nights its been anything but automatic unfortunately.

Omg.....after my great experience last week ( to recap : drove 45 min to Kmart on lunch break ....sent 3 different people to back to get Grand Turismo....none could find it..went back to work..came back after work..after waiting an hour fellow comes out with it....to recap..3 hours wasted not included to 45 min trips out of my way)....BUT tonight...i drive there after being at work until 730,,,,sent two people to back to get Epic Mickey because it of course was not stocked.....i know it was back there because the guy who commented when i bought the Epic Mickey 5.00 box that he saw a box full of em..this was the 24th....of course they claim they couldnt find them..even though this crap is featured big time in sale paper..so im out of 90 minutes of ride time , gas, and no Epic Mickey.....i mean really...IM SO DAMN FRUSTRATED WITH THIS....SHC? THIS IS THE DUBLIN , GEORGIA 31021 KMART!! EVERY DAMN TRANSACTION HAS BEEN AN EXCERCISE IN MULTIPLE TRIPS AND AGGRAVATION grrrr I have about learned the coupons are not worth my time, gas, blood pressure, and sanity.....Have been polite to a fault but damn...calling store manager tomorrow but I know it probably won't matter SOOOOO FRUSTRATING

I went to 4 stores and found no Golden Sun or DQIX! ZERO!!! I did pick up 1 CE and a reg version of epic mickey.

Most stores looked really picked through, as far as PS3 games. The last store had a game case that looked untouched. When I asked to look in the case, as the games are stored face forward 15-20 deep. I was told "the new dept policy does not allow anyone to look in the case." She told me I could buy what was visible in front of the row and that's it, basically new releases. This was one of the rare times a cashier was actually in the electronics department, plus no one was in line to pay and she was not helping any one. Fricken UNREAL! I love shopping in the ghetto! - the mentality and mind set are so pervasive...no wonder its the way it is.

Rant part 2

I have to use the 15 .00 epic mickey coupon and the two other coupons i have...and then Im done with KMart..i really tried to be positive about this.

Is the $15 coupon that prints out for gaming purchases $39.99 & higher ONLY for this week or next week as well?

Sorry if it was mentioned already, as I've been busy & plus considering how fast this thread moves. :lol:

Also what is this talk about the Sonic figures? I don't see it in the OP.

[quote name='sotb_96']Rant part 2

I have to use the 15 .00 epic mickey coupon and the two other coupons i have...and then Im done with KMart..i really tried to be positive about this.[/QUOTE]

hehe join the club.

It will be such a releif once im done using my coupons. should be by next week. Then I am DONE forever
cant wait!

[quote name='edgarl11']Any CAG in southside of Chicago know where I can find a copy of Metroid Trilogy? No go in Lansing.[/QUOTE]
I saw a couple at a Super Kmart in Homewood and a few at Steger yesterday.

[quote name='Maniac Mansion']Is the $15 coupon that prints out for gaming purchases $39.99 & higher ONLY for this week or next week as well?

Sorry if it was mentioned already, as I've been busy & plus considering how fast this thread moves. :lol:

Also what is this talk about the Sonic figures? I don't see it in the OP.[/QUOTE]

There's a cardboard display with a several PS3/360 Sonic games priced at $19.99 that's part of a "Buy a Sonic game, get a free figure" promotion. Not sure if there is an end-date, but there's several figures (with a price of 5.99 on them). The displays have been at my Kmarts for at least 3-4 weeks.

Found a Epic Mickey CE at the first store i checked so that was nice. It wasn't actually on the floor, but the guy knew what i was talking about and came back with a box with 2 inside.
Bought that along with 2 sets of games over $40 for the 2 additional $15 coupons.

Would be nice if my SYWR account would get setup correctly - but 1% of what im spending isn't worth the headache.

Went after work with GF. The Kmart had like 30 copies of Epic Mickey, and like 10 CEs. No paintbrush though. It's pretty well stocked too, cause it had 3 Fable III CEs, 2 Dead Rising IIs, etc.

Had no problems checking out with 2 coupons, and got my $20 Epic Mickey coupon.

I'm not having that many problems, but the short duration of the coupons is making me want to parcipate less, plus the 10 minute drive (with no traffic), and no way to pre-order to guarantee a copy.

Not saying the deals are bad at all, and kudos for Josh for working so hard, but I think Kmart/Sears as a whole just needs a reform.

I have had good experience with the whole program so far but having to wait for the coupons to activate along with a short time frame to use them is the only complaint so far. I do understand the reason but it means I have to leave without buying something else that is right there only to return later to use my coupon. It could sell out and not be restocked in that time frame. Or, it could be a leftover game that just happens to be instock.

To me, if I make a purchase and get a coupon and then decide to buy something else right now due to that coupon, Kmart sells more that night rather 2 purchases a week apart.

If my KMart has them in stock on friday, I'll probably pick up Golden Sun & DQ to get $25 in coupons instead of $20 from Epic Mickey. It all depends on what they have in stock. I don't have a DS right now, but have been waiting on a killer deal like this for DQ9. Not to mention I'd be getting 2 solid DS RPG's for $5 after filler (PS2 controller I'm looking @ you) & $45 in coupons.

I'd then have another $15 Epic Mickey coupon to use next week along w/ the $25 for a total of $40. For that one I'm not sure about splitting it up or using it to score something like Goldeneye CE, Epic Mickey, DKCR. If I did split it up, it might make more sense as Super Mario All Stars collection is coming up on 12/12.

Hmm...so much to ponder... :lol:

Here's to hoping that Epic Mickey is still available on Thursday when I get a chance to swing a copy of it. Here's my plan (please tell me if I am wrong):

Golden Sun Dark Dawn + Dragon Quest IX + Epic Mickey Paintbrush: $65 - $40 Wii/DKC:R coupon = $25 - $15 Coupon = $10 + tax
Net Total: $10 + tax, with a $10 coupon and $15 coupon printing out

Epic Mickey regular edition: $50 - $15 Epic Mickey box coupon = $35 - $10 DKC:R = $25 - $10 DKC:R = $15 + tax (I could use my SYWR credit to drop this to about $11)
Net Total: $15 + tax (or $10.50 + tax), with a $20 coupon printing out

SoulSilver: $40 - $15 coupon = $25 + tax
Net Total: $25 + $15 coupon printing out

Total: $50 + tax and I get $60 in coupons back.

Is there anything wrong with my math? I have a $40 coupon (Wii/DKC:R), and also the 2 $10 Donkey Kong coupons and 3 of the Epic Mickey coupons (all picked up at different Kmarts).

Also possible is me picking up any of the good Wii titles I'm missing that are $40+ (Metroid Trilogy, Zelda Twilight Princess, maybe Sonic Colors) and get $15 coupons on each of them. I hope for the sake of the Kmart cashiers that some of the Wii titles I'll be looking for are missing. This week could end up expensive at Kmart...

[quote name='JustYourAverageJoe']Saw that Test Drive Unlimited 2 got an exclusive car at Kmart. Wonder if Josh had anything to do with it? I certainly joked about it enough. :razz: Although it is a bit annoying that the only way to get the complete game would be to basically get like ten copies since every retailer has different cars exclusive. And they never released those preorder cars as DLC for the last one. Bah humbug. Completionists have it rough in the era of DLC and preorder codes.

Going to swing by Kmart tomorrow hopefully to grab a few clearance games. Hoping for White Knight Chronicles, and not sure on the others. Maybe Dragon Age Origins and Muramasa. Anyone have any recommendations?[/QUOTE]

I can recommend muramasa it is great although I've not spent a lot of time with it I liked what I did play. Ninja gaiden sigma 2 of course, and nier. Lots of great titles out there cheap now. Makes me wonder why I insist to buy games when they come out and still not around to playing them a year later after the price has dropped 70%.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back