Kmartgamer

Status
Not open for further replies.

SHC-Gamer

Official Representative
www.KmartGamer.com (Blog is effective in all locations)

Sometimes, Kmartgamer offers are only featured on CAG. Usually just due to personal bandwidth on my end. Blog offers for this week will be posted tonight to alleveate any confusion.

Important: The offers this week are instant bogo's, not coupons due to previously discussed issues we are currnetly facing with our coupon program which will be fixed soon.

:ps3:1-18 Mass Effect - Buy Mass Effect 2 PS3 and get another $59.99 game 50% off (offer valid through 2/12)
  • Will be on sale for $44.99 the week of 1/30
:ps3:1-18 Little Big Planet 2 - Buy Little Big Planet 2 PS3 and get another $59.99 game 50% off (offer valid through 2/12)

Kmart Weekly Ad: (Circulars not effective in all stores, NYC and Offshore in particular)

The only noteworthy offer this week is:

• :wii:Buy Donkey Kong Country Returns and get Epic Mickey for $19.99
Only other offer not MSRP:
  • :360::ps3:Save $10 WWE Raw 2011, more of a corproate pull together offer
Like I said previously, January sucks.

Note: Savings Coupon offers are valid in all stores

Coming Soon:

Update: Submitting Feb./Mar. offers as SYWR promotions. Will post as soon as they are approved. Coupons may have temporary fix before then, if so, we'll go back to them instead of SYWR's. At the end of Mar. the coupon issue will be fixed and we'll go back to normal.
  • :360::ps3:1-25 Dead Space 2 Free 1600 XBLA Points or $20 PSN for Free
    • We show positive instock on the cards but if you run into an issue just let me know and I'll work with you.
    • Offer valid from 1/25 through 1-29
    • In many cases the points/PSN cards are located in the Gift Card rack near the front of the store by mistake.
  • :360::ps3:1-25 Two Worlds II (PS3 Version Delayed by a few days, will not ship until Friday)
    • 1-30 through 2-5, Two Worlds II will be on sale for $39.99
    • CAG only special, will not be featured on the blog
  • :wii:2-6 Mario Sports Mix TBD
  • :360::ps3: 2-8 Test Drive Unlimited 2 TBD
  • :360::ps3: 2-15 Marvel vs. Capcom 3 TBD
  • :360::ps3: 2-15 Nascar 2011 TBD
  • :360::ps3::wii: 2-15 Lego Star Wars III: The Clone Wars TBD
  • :360::ps3: 2-22 Bulletstorm TBD
  • :360::ps3: 2-22 Driver: San Francisco TBD
  • :360::ps3::wii: 2-22 De Blob: The Underground TBD
*This list is not comprehensive of every promotion that may be coming and release dates are subject to change.

Customer Questions/Comments:

General Feedback, Promotional Ideas or Anything Else :cool:

SHC-Gamer - Josh Deane [email protected]

Important: If a coupon did not print or you did not receive the value of the promotion due to a store issue I will compensate the difference. I only need the following (Please copy and paste the format below for quicker service):

• Name ____________________
  • Phone Number ____________________
  • Mailing Address ____________________
  • Receipt Number ____________________
  • Short description of incident (a novel, though enjoyed, is not required :) )
Gift cards issued usually take 7-10 days to arrive once confirmed.

CE or Specal Inventory Requests:
Email Stockboy at [email protected]

• Game ____________________
  • Platform __________________
  • Store Address _____________

Last edited by a moderator:
Hmm, so maybe the recieving managers need a talking to then.

I'd imagine associates would rather just say "nope don't have it" then explain that they have it but can't sell it because this other guy hasn't spent 15 minutes scanning things.

got nba jam today...it was completely free with my rewards points i had from my 2 copies of black ops. didnt even have to pay tax... donkey kong next week. :D

the kmart here has Apache, Sly, but no NBA Jam and this messed up my planned for getting NFS with that coupon on Thanksgiving.

So , I signed up online and got the card mailed to me. The day I signed up I went and got Black-OPS and it gave me 25,000 points. Now , the next day , I went to buy something and the cashier say the points in my account but said I need a pin number from my card. So , I was just wondering. Is there a way I can get my pin number so I can buy something , or do I have to wait for the card to get here.

I'm interested in trying to get Gran Turismo 5 on wednesday, but I'm unsure what restrictions are attached to its $25 gaming coupon besides only being usable between the 24th and 27th.

For example, can I use it immediately on something else as soon as I get it? Could I buy GT5, pick any other game in the store, and use the coupon on that game?

[quote name='deadandbrok3n']So , I signed up online and got the card mailed to me. The day I signed up I went and got Black-OPS and it gave me 25,000 points. Now , the next day , I went to buy something and the cashier say the points in my account but said I need a pin number from my card. So , I was just wondering. Is there a way I can get my pin number so I can buy something , or do I have to wait for the card to get here.[/QUOTE]

There's a place online to update your PIN when you're logged in. When I did it the first time it asked me to create one since it knew I didn't already have one on file.

[quote name='green00']I'm interested in trying to get Gran Turismo 5 on wednesday, but I'm unsure what restrictions are attached to its $25 gaming coupon besides only being usable between the 24th and 27th.

For example, can I use it immediately on something else as soon as I get it? Could I buy GT5, pick any other game in the store, and use the coupon on that game?[/QUOTE]

Actually it's the opposite. Coupons aren't valid until the following Sunday.

FINALLY procured NBA Jam for PS3 at the Merrillville, IN store. It is my first experience with that store, and unfortunately, it is not convenient for me to go to regularly. I called ahead after my other problems at closer stores, and got a very helpful guy, Ken. Ken didn't realize NBA Jam was supposed to be out, since he said it shipped with a bunch of other games that are for release next week. Once I explained the situation, he was happy to look for it for me, and was altogether the most pleasant person I've run into in a Kmart. Big props to Ken. Without his help, I would still be one very sad NBA Jam fan, yearning to relive my quarter-wasting youth.

Only fair to point out the good when I am quick to point out the bad. And even though he checked the boxes, when I got there, it wasn't on the shelf yet. So, if anyone goes there, they may still need to ask for it, but he said they had 5 or 6 copies at least. Hope this helps someone.

[quote name='chriscolbert']Actually it's the opposite. Coupons aren't valid until the following Sunday.[/QUOTE]

I'm aware that is typically the rule, but this coupon is usable only between the 24th and 27th of November.

[quote name='green00']I'm aware that is typically the rule, but this coupon is usable only between the 24th and 27th of November.[/QUOTE]
No, those are the dates you can get the coupon when you buy the game. The coupon will be usable for about 45 days starting on November 28th (thats the "following Sunday" as Chris said).

It's a great deal when you consider that the next week (the 28th - Dec 4th) you get a $15 coupon when you purchase any game $39.99 and up.

[quote name='green00']I'm aware that is typically the rule, but this coupon is usable only between the 24th and 27th of November.[/QUOTE]

that's not true at all.. the 24th is when GT will arrive in most stores (unless it's street dated, which it might be, so some stores may have it the 23rd) and the coupon will be available until closing time the night of the 27th.. it will be available to use for 45 days starting November 28th

No NBA Jam for Corvallis and Albany Kmart stores in Oregon.

To make matters worst for the chain, the guy working at electronics tells me to check out gamestop. I don't think they should try to turn away a sale. I know the whole deal that NBA Jam was delayed till Friday, but it is Friday and it seems like 95% of the stores dont have it in stock.

Customer service at kmart stores are a bit on the lower side. I asked the guy to check in the back but he said he was the shipping manager and nothing had come in through UPS. While I pretty much believe, I feel that he should check in the back regardless of what he knows. Maybe it slipped past him? I mean the guy probably doesn't even play games.

I have had good customer service times at the Corvallis Kmart though. One guy working always goes out of his way to help me. When they had the delayed release for Enslaved, he actually went to the back to look for me. I really see this as helpful since it takes like 2-3 minutes just to take a look. It sucks if the people working don't want to take a couple minutes to help you out.

Still, I guess ill keep checking and calling for the next few days. Hopefully they will have it by next Tuesday. If not, this could mess up my coupon stream and force me not to pick up NBA Jam.

Local Kmart has turned it around with the games *outside* of the glass case. Seems like they've got all the clearance games priced right, lined up neatly, and everything. Hell, I even saw three Epic Mickey cases tonight (which were never to be seen/found a few weeks ago).

The glass case is still quite a mess. Games behind other games and such. Plus, it takes at least ten minutes to find somebody to open the case. I saw a woman with her child go from Electronics to Customer Service twice to get somebody back there. (And, when she did finally get help, I don't think they had the game the kid wanted.) :(

Hoping it'll be easy this Sunday when I go in for DKCR.

i realize this is asking a lot, but is there any way to get a list of 39.99 games for that week where any game above that gets a $15 coupon? i've yet to find a clearanced or reduced price item have the correct sticker price, so i'm concerned it will be hard to figure out what i'm buying that week (case in point, Nier was marked at 40, rang up at 50, and should have been clearanced to 20).

How do other peoples Kmarts stock the games in the shelves?

The one I go to puts half the games in the glass cases normally (standing up) and then if there's extra room they'll lay another title down in front of those. That way you can easily see 2 different titles in one space.

All the extra/old crap is either laying sideways at the bottom of the case (so you can read the titles on the spine easily) or in a separate clearance/old crap section outside of the glass cases. Even those are nicely stocked on the shelves and easy to sift through (which usually isnt even necessary since they dont often put one title right in front of another). Usually you can just glance and see everything that's there.

This is of course a store I've never really had a problem with and as far as I know always has games stocked on the shelves ready to be sold on release day.

Still haven't found a copy of NBA Jam in either Oakland or Genesee County in Michigan. I've tried calling four different stores, but to no avail. Anybody in Michigan have any luck?

To those of you who do have a copy, what do you suggest I do? Is it best to go in and ask a sales associate to check the back? I feel like when I call all they do is glance at the glass case and respond with a simple, "nope."

[quote name='ncfoster']FINALLY procured NBA Jam for PS3 at the Merrillville, IN store. It is my first experience with that store, and unfortunately, it is not convenient for me to go to regularly. I called ahead after my other problems at closer stores, and got a very helpful guy, Ken. Ken didn't realize NBA Jam was supposed to be out, since he said it shipped with a bunch of other games that are for release next week. Once I explained the situation, he was happy to look for it for me, and was altogether the most pleasant person I've run into in a Kmart. Big props to Ken. Without his help, I would still be one very sad NBA Jam fan, yearning to relive my quarter-wasting youth.

Only fair to point out the good when I am quick to point out the bad. And even though he checked the boxes, when I got there, it wasn't on the shelf yet. So, if anyone goes there, they may still need to ask for it, but he said they had 5 or 6 copies at least. Hope this helps someone.[/QUOTE]

thats the store i always go to. got my copy of nba jam today aswell... ive dealt with ken a couple times, including today. i always have a pleasant experience with him.

No dice on NBA Jam in Santa Paula or Valencia, CA. Hopefully they're able to find it tomorrow. On the bright side, Valencia had plenty of NFS and it produced the $25 no problem.

Man, all the reviews for DKC Returns make me want to buy it on release day now instead of waiting. Too bad I'm still having issues with my SYWR credit :(

[quote name='Dranakin']Man, all the reviews for DKC Returns make me want to buy it on release day now instead of waiting. Too bad I'm still having issues with my SYWR credit :([/QUOTE]

I'm thinking the same thing. Wasn't even on my radar until it started getting positive reviews. I just hate playing games on the damn Wii. Half of it is not the system's fault since the component ports on my 19" HD monitor are pretty much shot which leaves me playing Wii on a 13" SDTV. The other half is me hating motion controls and the Wiimote/nunchuck.

just sent josh an email with my post in it from five pages back. I like how some stores are great and helpful....but none of those exist out here in Arizona.

It would be helpful if there was some memo that was sent out to all the Electronics departments at all the K-Marts that NBA Jam for the PS3/360 is to be stocked immediately on the shelves.

Two reasons would be since 1) I'm going tomorrow to check if any of the nearby K-Marts have NBA Jam HD on the shelves and 2) It would be nice to get the coupon for this week to be activated this coming Sunday since that's when DKC Returns hit retail shelves.

[quote name='Killbomb']I'm thinking the same thing. Wasn't even on my radar until it started getting positive reviews. I just hate playing games on the damn Wii. Half of it is not the system's fault since the component ports on my 19" HD monitor are pretty much shot which leaves me playing Wii on a 13" SDTV. The other half is me hating motion controls and the Wiimote/nunchuck.[/QUOTE]

You do not have to use the Nunchuck, you can use the Wii Remote by itself.

[quote name='worrybomb']It would be helpful if there was some memo that was sent out to all the Electronics departments at all the K-Marts that NBA Jam for the PS3/360 is to be stocked immediately on the shelves.

Two reasons would be since 1) I'm going tomorrow to check if any of the nearby K-Marts have NBA Jam HD on the shelves and 2) It would be nice to get the coupon for this week to be activated this coming Sunday since that's when DKC Returns hit retail shelves.[/QUOTE]

Oh man I forgot about that! I am really counting on that 20 to go towards DK... maybe I need to get a little more forceful tomorrow.

[quote name='worrybomb']It would be helpful if there was some memo that was sent out to all the Electronics departments at all the K-Marts that NBA Jam for the PS3/360 is to be stocked immediately on the shelves.

Two reasons would be since 1) I'm going tomorrow to check if any of the nearby K-Marts have NBA Jam HD on the shelves and 2) It would be nice to get the coupon for this week to be activated this coming Sunday since that's when DKC Returns hit retail shelves.[/QUOTE]

Earlier today when I was waiting for the associate who got paged to show up to electronics, I was standing by the counter and saw 2 packets with detailed instructions on how video games were to be displayed, specifically to make the cases less cluttered and to put lower priced games outside so customers can get them with no hassle.

My store had yet to follow the directives on those instructions.

Josh is trying but a change in attitude seems to be in order for the whole organization. Reading these stories of MANAGERS not giving a crap and even witnessing it from a couple of people today....I'd hate for people to lose their jobs but if you're going to have a horrible attitude and disrespect for customers I'm sure someone out there would be happy to bring a positive change. Hell, a guy who checked me out at Wal-Mart was telling me he was laid off from a job where he was making 4 times as much as he was there, yet I've never seen a guy so damn happy to be cashiering at Wal-Mart.

Hopefully I can buy both The Sly Cooper Collection and Donkey Kong Country Returns on Sunday. I'll use my 25,000 SYWR points from the COD: Black Ops purchase to do so, meaning I'll get both games for $64.98, plus get $35 in coupons ($15 for Sly, and two $10 coupons for DKC Returns).

[quote name='robotralph']Anybody know what would happen if I bought 2 GT5s on a single transaction?[/QUOTE]
You'd only get one coupon I believe. Make sure you do 2 transactions.

Just listened to the That Gamer podcast, tyvm for the details on the Cataclysm offer! With the digital download going to be available this time directly from Blizzard, I was certainly tempted to go that route, but since I need 2 copies (for myself and my wife) I'll be hitting Kmart up for sure!

How's stock looking for it? Considering that the previous xpacs for WoW set records for sales in the first 24 hours, I'm really hoping Kmart is able to get a LOT of copies in. I remember how lucky I was to get one of the only 3 copies of Starcraft 2 on release date at my local store - please tell me stores will have more than 3 copies of Cata on the release date!!!

Time for a little firsthand feedback about the poll:

On Tuesday I guess there was an issue with a customer wanting Need for Speed, and with our stockroom looking the way it is (because of all the shit coming in, and our managers just flat out not letting us in the stock room to clean it out).

Now I would love to go in there myself and take care of it, bring out everything possible, but with the managers being the only ones allowed to have keys to the stockroom, it's friggin impossible to even get in there, and with the store manager constantly accusing thefts as internal, it's sickening. You can't be friggin trusted in the place and it's annoying to me when I want to do a good job and I can't.

But anyways, when I went in Tuesday to pick up the NFS for my friend (I was getting Assassins Creed for myself), the NFS wasn't out so we needed to have someone go in the stockroom to find it, which one of the managers was cool about and found it after looking for a while (and since I was off the clock I couldn't go in myself, which is understandable).

But still, sales were lost because of the incompetent management and the un-tidy stockroom which annoys me as a sales associate, because I know how much it sucks to not be able to get something the day a game is supposed to be out.

tl;dr The whole stockroom process is stupid, Kmart's store process is so primitive and needs to be changed big time, the company is just doing everything bass ackwards and it needs to be fixed.

My Kmart didn't have Mario vs DK in stock. I noticed that they did have AC, NFS and Apache AA in the glass case. They are currently redoing the Electronics section but I doubt that has anything to do with the game not being in stock. I'll try another Kmart tomorrow.

:wii: 11-21 Donkey Kong Country Returns 2 $10 gaming coupons and bonus $40 coupon with purchase of any Wii Console and DKC.

so we get 2 10 dollar coupons? strange but not complaining. what is the upc for donkey kong? i dont want to walk into kmart on sunday and not find it.

[quote name='tribees']You do not have to use the Nunchuck, you can use the Wii Remote by itself.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I read that. I really just wish the game was compatible with the classic controller pro. Why it's not an option on a big release like this is beyond me.

[quote name='ShockandAww']These can be added to the second post or something if Josh wants. And only if Josh wants. Again all these are easily found at Buy.com. Search what youre looking for and scroll down the product page to "product summary". The UPC is there. Ignore any extra zeroes at the beginning of the UPC. The UPC should be 12 digits total no more or less. Please note I'm not sure on Splatterhouse at Kmart because I know Josh said it comes with an exclusive DLC code. Is that going to have a different UPC?

:360: Need For Speed Hot Pursuit: 014633194364
:ps3: Need For Speed Hot Pursuit: 014633194357

:360: Assassin's Creed Brotherhood standard: 008888526254
:360: AC:B Collectors: 008888226253
:ps3: AC:B standard: 008888346258
:ps3: AC:B Collectors: 008888246251

:ps3: Sly Collection: 711719824626

:ps3: NBA Jam: 014633195750
:360: NBA Jam: 014633195767

:360: Apache Air Assault: 047875764477
:ps3: Apache Air Assault: 047875764491

:ps3: Gran Turismo 5 standard: 711719811428
:ps3: GT5 collectors edition: 711719827221

:wii: Donkey Kong Country Returns: 045496902001

:wii: Raving Rabbids Travel In Time: 008888176053

:360: Splatterhouse: 722674210232
:ps3: Splatterhouse: 722674110204

:wii: Michael Jackson The Experience (Wii) 008888176299

:ds: Golden Sun Dark Dawn: 045496741099

:wii: Epic Mickey standard: 712725004576
:wii: Epic Mickey Collectors: 712725020439

:pc: World Of Warcraft Cataclysm: 020626728478

:360: Tron Evolution: 712725018917
:ps3: Tron Evolution: 712725018900
:wii: Tron Evolution: 712725017866[/QUOTE]
upc's for you

[quote name='Killbomb'] I just hate playing games on the damn Wii ...... is me hating motion controls and the Wiimote/nunchuck.[/QUOTE]
I am glad I am not the only one that feels this way. I love the first party games on Wii, but have never like the Wiimote even with the motion plus. Its makes the games harder because of the crappy accuracy. I always play the new Marios, Zeldas, Metroids, etc. on Wii thinking how much better they would be if you didnt have to play them using motion controls. Even the Wiimote turned sideways as a standard controller sucks balls on games that make you do that. I know there is a classic controller for Wii, but that doesnt get rid of the crappy motion thing required in 90% of games.

I have yet to try the motion controls on PS3 and 360, but would hope they are far better than the Wii. Sorry for the off-topic rant that I had to get off my chest.

Is there anyone competent running the mygopher service department? third time i talked to someone, this time they told me i would get a phone call AND an email from research to talk about my missing giftcard sent to myself and still not heard a thing. How come something be charged in full and just go lost in the system like this lol.

[quote name='specialist']These posts are making me really nervous. I'm hoping to get Gran Turismo 5 on Wednesday, and now I'm scared I won't find anything, let alone the Collector's Edition I want.

Not sure what to use my Kirby coupon on now. Especially since FIFA isn't on sale for Black Friday. :cry:[/QUOTE]

It's another issue that I'm concerned as well. Unless Josh extends the coupon offer into the week after, only a handful of the smart stores are gonna put GT5 out to the shelves on a Wednesday. Then the other are gonna assume it'll come out on the 30th, hence the "new releases every Tuesday" mentality.

11-29 Golden Sun Dark Dawn $10 gaming coupon
Circular offer: 50% off Dragon Quest IX with purchase of GSDD.

was expecting at least 15 or 20 buck coupon knocking the game down to around 15 to 20 buck.... even at 25 bucks the game is overpriced

[quote name='ShockandAww']How do other peoples Kmarts stock the games in the shelves?
.[/QUOTE]

They have 4 cases... it goes DS, Wii, 360, PS3 / PSP. But the 360 / PS3 cases bleed into each other. It's all spine out but there is so many games that there are games behind games.

For the Wii and 360 cases, they have crammed everything into the top two shelves... they have two other shelves in each case that can be used to frontface a game that are always empty.

Nothing is in any sort of order. They find a spot, dump the games in, close the case. There has been times they have even separated the new stock, like 2 games over here, 1 game here, 1 game in a different case.

[quote name='TheFreshPrince']If my NFS coupon says $20, should I wait and try it and see if it takes off $25...or just email Josh and get it handled that way?[/QUOTE]
I think Josh said to send him an email and he will handle it.

I can't believe that 70% of pollsters have had problems getting new releases. That's crazy. you'd think they could have the game out on release date since that is when they are likely to sell well. That said, I have never had a problem getting a game at release from any of my 4 nearby Kmarts.

well for me I have had a few issues but for the most part I walk in and get games on release day
issues were
1 - valkyria chronicles 2 (this was before I found out about upc #s) took 3 seperate trips and involved one agent straight up lying to me
2 - enslaved oddysey to the west, my store was one of the ~300 that got delayed shipments but I got the wrong upc # I finally got it after 4 trips and 10 calls checking inventory
3 - plants vs zombies they could not look up upc code (they checked others) and I checked 3 times and called 2 as well this one I never got (the following week they had it)
but every other time I walked out of the store with it (alot of times I did have to have them check in the back)

[quote name='TheFreshPrince']If my NFS coupon says $20, should I wait and try it and see if it takes off $25...or just email Josh and get it handled that way?[/QUOTE]

Email Josh, he will handle it.

[quote name='Glasscocked']I can't believe that 70% of pollsters have had problems getting new releases. That's crazy. you'd think they could have the game out on release date since that is when they are likely to sell well. That said, I have never had a problem getting a game at release from any of my 4 nearby Kmarts.[/QUOTE]
I didn't have any problems from about May to September. Since September, it's been downhill. My amazing Kmart is degenerating into what everyone else's Kmarts seem to be like.

[quote name='ShockandAww']How do other peoples Kmarts stock the games in the shelves?

The one I go to puts half the games in the glass cases normally (standing up) and then if there's extra room they'll lay another title down in front of those. That way you can easily see 2 different titles in one space.

All the extra/old crap is either laying sideways at the bottom of the case (so you can read the titles on the spine easily) or in a separate clearance/old crap section outside of the glass cases. Even those are nicely stocked on the shelves and easy to sift through (which usually isnt even necessary since they dont often put one title right in front of another). Usually you can just glance and see everything that's there.

This is of course a store I've never really had a problem with and as far as I know always has games stocked on the shelves ready to be sold on release day.[/QUOTE]

Mine has 4 large cases that all kind of run together, but each system is separate from one another. It goes PS3,Wii,360,DS. I'm only really familiar with the Wii section, so that's all I can say for sure. For the Wii the brand new titles are on the top row and are front facing out, so they are easy to find. There are only about 6-8 titles that are like this. All of the other titles are upright with spine out, except on the very bottom shelf (which is nearly on the ground) and that section is for larger games that include accessories and consoles as well. You can tell at one point they actually tried to alphabetize it, as a good portion of the case is in alphabetic order, but somewhere along the line someone just started putting games wherever, as it isn't perfect.
To be honest it really is setup pretty well. My local Kmart does a pretty decent job with everything except putting games on the floor on the day they are released! They are NEVER on the floor until at least a day after release date, and sometimes it takes even longer than that. I usually have to ask someone for the game, and they got into the back and bring it to me. They also never stock the Sunday releases until the following Tuesday. I wish they did as I really want to pick up DKCR tomorrow,but I know they won't have it until Tuesday.

I'm soooo in on the WoW: Cataclysm offer! Gooo Kmart. Will you guys have midnight releases? Any chance to know if my Kmart will get it on release and if I can do something to guarantee myself a copy?

so has anyone had any luck in the ny city area? i want to head to the 34th street one but not sure they have sly cooper OUT yet.. also i called but it seems to just ring i'm sure there up to there knees with lay aways or something...

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back