Kmartgamer

Status
Not open for further replies.

SHC-Gamer

Official Representative
www.KmartGamer.com (Blog is effective in all locations)

Sometimes, Kmartgamer offers are only featured on CAG. Usually just due to personal bandwidth on my end. Blog offers for this week will be posted tonight to alleveate any confusion.

Important: The offers this week are instant bogo's, not coupons due to previously discussed issues we are currnetly facing with our coupon program which will be fixed soon.

:ps3:1-18 Mass Effect - Buy Mass Effect 2 PS3 and get another $59.99 game 50% off (offer valid through 2/12)
  • Will be on sale for $44.99 the week of 1/30
:ps3:1-18 Little Big Planet 2 - Buy Little Big Planet 2 PS3 and get another $59.99 game 50% off (offer valid through 2/12)

Kmart Weekly Ad: (Circulars not effective in all stores, NYC and Offshore in particular)

The only noteworthy offer this week is:

• :wii:Buy Donkey Kong Country Returns and get Epic Mickey for $19.99
Only other offer not MSRP:
  • :360::ps3:Save $10 WWE Raw 2011, more of a corproate pull together offer
Like I said previously, January sucks.

Note: Savings Coupon offers are valid in all stores

Coming Soon:

Update: Submitting Feb./Mar. offers as SYWR promotions. Will post as soon as they are approved. Coupons may have temporary fix before then, if so, we'll go back to them instead of SYWR's. At the end of Mar. the coupon issue will be fixed and we'll go back to normal.
  • :360::ps3:1-25 Dead Space 2 Free 1600 XBLA Points or $20 PSN for Free
    • We show positive instock on the cards but if you run into an issue just let me know and I'll work with you.
    • Offer valid from 1/25 through 1-29
    • In many cases the points/PSN cards are located in the Gift Card rack near the front of the store by mistake.
  • :360::ps3:1-25 Two Worlds II (PS3 Version Delayed by a few days, will not ship until Friday)
    • 1-30 through 2-5, Two Worlds II will be on sale for $39.99
    • CAG only special, will not be featured on the blog
  • :wii:2-6 Mario Sports Mix TBD
  • :360::ps3: 2-8 Test Drive Unlimited 2 TBD
  • :360::ps3: 2-15 Marvel vs. Capcom 3 TBD
  • :360::ps3: 2-15 Nascar 2011 TBD
  • :360::ps3::wii: 2-15 Lego Star Wars III: The Clone Wars TBD
  • :360::ps3: 2-22 Bulletstorm TBD
  • :360::ps3: 2-22 Driver: San Francisco TBD
  • :360::ps3::wii: 2-22 De Blob: The Underground TBD
*This list is not comprehensive of every promotion that may be coming and release dates are subject to change.

Customer Questions/Comments:

General Feedback, Promotional Ideas or Anything Else :cool:

SHC-Gamer - Josh Deane [email protected]

Important: If a coupon did not print or you did not receive the value of the promotion due to a store issue I will compensate the difference. I only need the following (Please copy and paste the format below for quicker service):

• Name ____________________
  • Phone Number ____________________
  • Mailing Address ____________________
  • Receipt Number ____________________
  • Short description of incident (a novel, though enjoyed, is not required :) )
Gift cards issued usually take 7-10 days to arrive once confirmed.

CE or Specal Inventory Requests:
Email Stockboy at [email protected]

• Game ____________________
  • Platform __________________
  • Store Address _____________

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='animalspinners']Did both your coupons have that date, or just the 2nd one?

That's strange if the different coupons have different dates. I only got one but it goes active on 11/25.

To date, including today, I have never been asked if A) I was a member B) would I like to be a member or C) my card (if I had one) to scan. I have gone to K-Mart once, if not twice a week and not one employee has ever asked me. And this isn't just electronics - customer service, the front registers, no one has ever mentioned it. I just find it odd since the chain seems to want to push this card yet I'm not even sure if the employees know it exists.[/QUOTE]

One $10 coupon has the dates 11/25 - 01/01/11. That's the coupon everyone gets when purchasing DKC:R without using their SYWR card.

The 2nd $10 coupon you get when you scan your SYWR card is a specially titled "Shop Your Way Rewards K-Mart Savings Coupon" on top of the coupon followed by $10 off Gaming Purchase wording and then on the bottom of that is small lettering stating "requires a valid Shop Your Way Rewards member ID be scanned or entered when coupon is redeemed". That coupon is dated 11/28 - 01/08/11.

I think about maybe 50% of the times I've been going to K-Mart ever since Josh came on here, I've been asked for my SYWR card at checkout. So it's kind of hit and miss.

[quote name='kitm9891']I got your PM and will get back to you tomorrow once I get to work and can see what we did and/or didnt get. Having said that, NBA Jam has been an issue at all Portland area stores to my knowledge as we never got it on Friday as planned and according to receiving we dont receive shipments from UPS or FexEx on the weekends so the earliest Beaverton, Portland, Gresham, Tualatin and Oregon City will get it is Monday.[/QUOTE]

Yes please do. Thanks for the info. If you get NBA Jam and Splatterhouse on Tuesday, I will get there at like 10-11am. Thanks again!

[quote name='Backlash2332x']So you have to be a member of the kmart club thingy to get the $30 gift card with Splatterhouse?[/QUOTE]

Nope

[quote name='xtreme_Zr2']I was waiting until Christmas for ME2 so I'd have some time to put into it...definitely going for that $10 deal. That's crazy talk.[/QUOTE]

The game is amazing! :D was going to wait for the GOTY but $20 for ME2 and 1600 points is hard to pass.

I'm having no luck finding :360: NBA Jam at the store in Enid, OK. They did have DKCR today though. I've had trouble getting games on their release date frequently at this store. I've always had to ask them to find new release games, because they never have them displayed.

[quote name='Quadriflax']Hi Josh--I didn't receive my $20 coupon with purchase of NBA Jam from store #4176, even when using a SYWR card. Guy at the desk said the KMart blog was always wrong. :???: I just sent you an email with details.

Thanks.[/QUOTE]

Josh updated the OP today which now states that in order to get the $20 coupon for purchasing NBA Jam, you have to be a Shop Your Way Rewards member and scan your card during checkout. Then the coupon will print after the receipt. My suggestion is to return the game, sign up in-store to be a SYWR member (it's free), and rebuy the game this time scanning your member card.

[quote name='worrybomb']One $10 coupon has the dates 11/25 - 01/01/11. That's the coupon everyone gets when purchasing DKC:R without using their SYWR card.

The 2nd $10 coupon you get when you scan your SYWR card is a specially titled "Shop Your Way Rewards K-Mart Savings Coupon" on top of the coupon followed by $10 off Gaming Purchase wording and then on the bottom of that is small lettering stating "requires a valid Shop Your Way Rewards member ID be scanned or entered when coupon is redeemed". That coupon is dated 11/28 - 01/08/11.

I think about maybe 50% of the times I've been going to K-Mart ever since Josh came on here, I've been asked for my SYWR card at checkout. So it's kind of hit and miss.[/QUOTE]

I asked the previous poster this and he hasnt responded so Ill ask you as well, did you provide your email address to them when you signed up for the SYWR program? I saw a memo from corporate about bonus offers only being applied to people who had a valid email address on file and Im starting to think its already gone into effect and maybe thats why the previous poster didnt get the second coupon even when they scanned his card in.

Anyone have an idea what the dates are for the GT5 coupon? I ask only because I was looking to snag that and use the coupon towards NFS on Thursday/Friday.

[quote name='cancerman1120']My personal opinion is I really don't care if they track every purchase I make. If it means there are more things available I like to buy or they send me information for things I might be interested in then it is really not an issue. I look at it as a 2 way street really. You cannot expect better service without giving up some information. Its mostly paranoia IMO.[/QUOTE]

Yes, tracking purchases can help the consumer in some circumstances-an easy example would be targeted coupons. The larger issues, however, only come into play if someone has reason to actually dig into your information... For example, it wouldn't be difficult to identify that an individual is married and has children based on our purchase history, but also buys condoms once a month from a convenience store near a motel they rent a room at. obviously there are too many people in the world to care about any specific individual, but the issue arises when they DO have some reason to give your history a background check. Also, on a grander scale there is a huge amount of behavioral data to be gleaned on a demographic level that can be misapplied to the individual... For example, they theoretically could dertirmine your likely healthiness based on your purchases -cigs and junk food vs Tofo- and someday that could affect your insurance

Are any of these things an issue today? Not really. But anyone well versed in data mining and pattern recognition can see why this scares the living daylights out of people currently deemed 'paranoid'. The threat is there, even if it doesn't affect us now.

Anyway, back on topic.... I can not wait for gt5. Thankyou josh for the amazing deals.

I bought DK Country at Kmart today and it only printed off one $10 coupon, not two. Anyone else have that problem? I may take it back if they screwed up or something.

[quote name='kitm9891']I asked the previous poster this and he hasnt responded so Ill ask you as well, did you provide your email address to them when you signed up for the SYWR program? I saw a memo from corporate about bonus offers only being applied to people who had a valid email address on file and Im starting to think its already gone into effect and maybe thats why the previous poster didnt get the second coupon even when they scanned his card in.[/QUOTE]

Hmmm, I can't say 100% for sure that I wrote down my e-mail because my memory is foggy. It's been a while when I signed up for the card. However, I definitely wouldn't be surprised if I did write down an e-mail address to provide for them. So I think I would say yes, I did write an e-mail address down when signing up.

[quote name='cscream1']an interesting development...anyone else had troubles like this today???[/QUOTE]
I haven't has this trouble today but have had someone tell me the blog was a fake from an outside party and was being investigated by the corporate office. I then asked where the coupons were coming from and got a “ehh” essentially in response.

I almost get the feeling some employees are annoyed by Josh's deals due to having to actually do work and having more customers come in than normally seen without these deals. I wish there was a way this could be fixed in future through.

[quote name='Downhome']I bought DK Country at Kmart today and it only printed off one $10 coupon, not two. Anyone else have that problem? I may take it back if they screwed up or something.[/QUOTE]

Read the past 4 pages or so please

Email Josh

"11/28 week - $15 gaming coupon all gaming software $39.99+With exception of the Epic Mickey offer"

Would a $50 PSN card print out a $15 coupon?

[quote name='smarkbran']Anyone know whats up with NBA Jam on 360 or PS3? My K Mart still doesn't have it.[/QUOTE]Same here. I guess Kmart just don't like NBA Jam for the 360/PS3 or they just can't get it together 70% of the time with new releases. Failure.

[quote name='Quadriflax']Hi Josh--I didn't receive my $20 coupon with purchase of NBA Jam from store #4176, even when using a SYWR card. Guy at the desk said the KMart blog was always wrong. :???: I just sent you an email with details.

Thanks.[/QUOTE]

I haven't has this trouble today but have had someone tell me the blog was a fake from an outside party and was being investigated by the corporate office. I then asked where the coupons were coming from and got a “ehh” essentially in response.

I almost get the feeling some employees are annoyed by Josh's deals due to having to actually do work and having more customers come in than normally seen without these deals. I wish there was a way this could be fixed in future through as the bad to terrible service is really making me consider ending my shopping with K-mart.

Just an update for everyone-- I went to my nearest kmart, got one of several copies of DKCR and BOTH $10 coupons printed up! Bring on Thanksgiving!

And yes I used my SYWR card. For those of you without one or saying you aren't asked for one, just present it anyway. Not sure what the issue is; it's a free card that gets you 10% of all you buy back. Amazing card which stacks with these already amazing deals.

I went to 2 K-Mart stores today, and neither had NBA Jam. I asked about it, and got the typical retail employee "deer in the headlights" look, and both said what they have is in the case.

Oh well, I tried. I guess I'll wait until somewhere has a sale.

I haven't shopped at kmart since they've had their sudden gaming epiphany a few months back, but I noticed they're selling the wow battlechest for $10 on thanksgiving day. Does anyone know if that's a website AND store deal?

Triple score for me in Valencia, CA! NBA Jam 360, DKC, and all 3 of my coupons printed flawlessly. Can't wait to get Assassin's Creed on Thursday morning.

I went and purchased DK today and only got one $10 coupon. No one at the store knew why I didn't get two coupons. When I got home I looked it up on here and see you had to use the rewards card to get the second coupon. Wish I had known that at the time I checked out. Now I know to make sure I get a rewards card and use it every time in the future.

[quote name='larryface']Just an update for everyone-- I went to my nearest kmart, got one of several copies of DKCR and BOTH $10 coupons printed up! Bring on Thanksgiving!

And yes I used my SYWR card. For those of you without one or saying you aren't asked for one, just present it anyway. Not sure what the issue is; it's a free card that gets you 10% of all you buy back. Amazing card which stacks with these already amazing deals.[/QUOTE]

Isn't it actually 1% back?

Ima take a trip tuesday to check for DKC and NBA Jam, hopefully the coupons print successfully. Those are pretty much the last games besides mickey and mario all-stars that I want this year.

Ugh no luck on Donkey Kong or NBA Jam today.

Clueless cashiers and managers were unable to find them. Really annoying, but what can you do?

At least we were in the area and picked up some other things while we were there.

[quote name='animalspinners']Not sure when you'll get the chance to get Epic Mickey for $5 ever again, so I'd go for that.

Personally, I'm doing the same thing and going for the $5 Epic Mickey (if you are getting the standard.) It may end up being one of those things that stays MSRP for a long time due to it being Disney and Mickey Mouse.[/QUOTE]

Hmm...good point. The X11's could go on sale in the future @ Kmart or Amazon or something whereas $5 for Epic Mickey is a STEAL @ that price.

Plus I'd get the $20 coupon after purchasing that. ;)

[quote name='ace1233']if you buy ACB for $40 on thursday do you get any sort of coupon?[/QUOTE]

Kinda wanted to know this too.

Success at the Diamond Bar, CA location for DKC w/ 2 coupons printing. Despite the drive and having two closer locations, I'm going with this location until they fail me. They've been on point with Jam and DKC.

[quote name='kenshinofkin']Anyone know if the $20 off coupon works on $19.99 priced games?[/QUOTE]

buy some gum or a candy bar to get the total over the amount of the coupon

I picked up DKCR in Green Bay, WI. It took a while to get someone to help me, but everything worked flawlessly! I got both $10 coupons.

[quote name='aleraiders']buy some gum or a candy bar to get the total over the amount of the coupon[/QUOTE]

Won't work...unless Josh changed gum & candy to be a "gaming purchase". ;)

Had a hell of a time getting DKCR today.

Waited for about 5 minutes until someone finally showed in Electronics. He said he didn't think they'd put it out yet so we went to check in back. After about 15 minutes he showed back up saying he couldn't find and that I could check at Customer Service to call another store.

So I went to Customer Service and a gal up front pulled out a stock list that showed they had 10 in as of this morning while another gal attempted to call a store about 30 minutes away. I ended up leaving Customer Service after 10 minutes or so and just said I'd have them check again.

Back at Electronics I see a gal, explain to her that someone had already looked, but Customer Service said they had 10 in-stock. She goes back and after about 10 minutes finds them and takes me back to Layaway to check me out.

Now in Layaway I tell them that I'll be using me SYWR credit to buy the game, but this becomes a problem since I don't have a card since I signed up online. I pull up the FAQ on my iPhone that tells them to enter my reward number that she pulled up in the system, she says she can't. Meanwhile the other gal is calling a number (SYWR hotline?) trying to get it to work and I just request a few more times to enter my member ID and that should allow the purchase.

They finally listen to me and everything prints out. 2 $10 receipts and my free copy of DKCR. In total I spent about an hour in there. I would've left long ago if it wasn't for the $50 in SYWR money I had from buying the red Wii a few weeks ago.

Originally Posted by ace1233
if you buy ACB for $40 on thursday do you get any sort of coupon?

[quote name='Lyricsborn']Kinda wanted to know this too.[/QUOTE]

No coupon, price is $40.

Picked up Donkey Kong. Glad it was there, but I only got one $10 coupon. Of course they made me feel like an idiot for wondering why two didn't print out.

I don't think one $10 coupon is worth the 45 minute drive and having to wait around while my wife tries to spend more of my money by buying too much stuff at K-mart. Looks like the cycle has been broken for me for now.

[quote name='Lyricsborn']Kinda wanted to know this too.[/QUOTE]

As already stated by FinalBoss I believe, no there is no additional coupon attached to AC:B when it's marked down to $40. It's essentially the same price as if you had bought it on launch.

[quote name='alexkidd4']Where do you get the coupons from?[/QUOTE]

Usually from picking up certain games on release week or a special promotion. Read the OP, has all the gaming coupon offers there.

[quote name='SpiderHulkThing']Picked up Donkey Kong. Glad it was there, but I only got one $10 coupon. Of course they made me feel like an idiot for wondering why two didn't print out.

I don't think one $10 coupon is worth the 45 minute drive and having to wait around while my wife tries to spend more of my money by buying too much stuff at K-mart. Looks like the cycle has been broken for me for now.[/QUOTE]

Just email Josh, he'll get you the other $10 no problem.

[quote name='Dwarfman']Originally Posted by ace1233
if you buy ACB for $40 on thursday do you get any sort of coupon?

No coupon, price is $40.[/QUOTE]

ok thnx for the response

[quote name='gtbump13']Success at the Diamond Bar, CA location for DKC w/ 2 coupons printing. Despite the drive and having two closer locations, I'm going with this location until they fail me. They've been on point with Jam and DKC.[/QUOTE]

Ditto. Came on to spread the word and saw your post.

Diamond Bar actually has them in the case and there's a sticker advertising the coupon deal. This was about 5:00pm Sunday.

Used my $30 Udraw cpn and got two new $10 coupons at checkout:bouncy:

Glad I didn't wait on the other stores. I called them once more before going to D-Bar and was now being told that they soldout this morning. And they wouldn't get re-stocked 'til Friday.

Wonder if DKCR is really selling out from high demand or if hoarders are hitting up Kmart now. As I said before, the other local stores had been good for me on these releases. They seemed to be getting with the program

picked up my copy today. It was a pretty awesome experience for the first time ever in my kmart. I walked in, and a girl was doing her job unboxing things, and asked me if I had any questions... WTH? That NEVER happens. Anyway, it was in the glass, she asked me if I wanted a SYWR card, I said yes, got my card, she was able to use my need for speed 25.00 coupon, and flawlessly printed out both 10 dollar coupons.

this girl should be promoted.

I think its mostly hoarders/resellers picking up all the new release stuff just for the coupons. Only they know what they are doing with the games after using the coupons, but maybe imposing a limit on the amount of any particular title with coupons/points per SYWR account (seems like bans on an account have been issued due to multiple transactions in a row).

The good news it more people are shopping at kmart=better deals in the future, the bad news is more competition=less stock for us.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back