Kmartgamer

Status
Not open for further replies.

SHC-Gamer

Official Representative
www.KmartGamer.com (Blog is effective in all locations)

Sometimes, Kmartgamer offers are only featured on CAG. Usually just due to personal bandwidth on my end. Blog offers for this week will be posted tonight to alleveate any confusion.

Important: The offers this week are instant bogo's, not coupons due to previously discussed issues we are currnetly facing with our coupon program which will be fixed soon.

:ps3:1-18 Mass Effect - Buy Mass Effect 2 PS3 and get another $59.99 game 50% off (offer valid through 2/12)
  • Will be on sale for $44.99 the week of 1/30
:ps3:1-18 Little Big Planet 2 - Buy Little Big Planet 2 PS3 and get another $59.99 game 50% off (offer valid through 2/12)

Kmart Weekly Ad: (Circulars not effective in all stores, NYC and Offshore in particular)

The only noteworthy offer this week is:

• :wii:Buy Donkey Kong Country Returns and get Epic Mickey for $19.99
Only other offer not MSRP:
  • :360::ps3:Save $10 WWE Raw 2011, more of a corproate pull together offer
Like I said previously, January sucks.

Note: Savings Coupon offers are valid in all stores

Coming Soon:

Update: Submitting Feb./Mar. offers as SYWR promotions. Will post as soon as they are approved. Coupons may have temporary fix before then, if so, we'll go back to them instead of SYWR's. At the end of Mar. the coupon issue will be fixed and we'll go back to normal.
  • :360::ps3:1-25 Dead Space 2 Free 1600 XBLA Points or $20 PSN for Free
    • We show positive instock on the cards but if you run into an issue just let me know and I'll work with you.
    • Offer valid from 1/25 through 1-29
    • In many cases the points/PSN cards are located in the Gift Card rack near the front of the store by mistake.
  • :360::ps3:1-25 Two Worlds II (PS3 Version Delayed by a few days, will not ship until Friday)
    • 1-30 through 2-5, Two Worlds II will be on sale for $39.99
    • CAG only special, will not be featured on the blog
  • :wii:2-6 Mario Sports Mix TBD
  • :360::ps3: 2-8 Test Drive Unlimited 2 TBD
  • :360::ps3: 2-15 Marvel vs. Capcom 3 TBD
  • :360::ps3: 2-15 Nascar 2011 TBD
  • :360::ps3::wii: 2-15 Lego Star Wars III: The Clone Wars TBD
  • :360::ps3: 2-22 Bulletstorm TBD
  • :360::ps3: 2-22 Driver: San Francisco TBD
  • :360::ps3::wii: 2-22 De Blob: The Underground TBD
*This list is not comprehensive of every promotion that may be coming and release dates are subject to change.

Customer Questions/Comments:

General Feedback, Promotional Ideas or Anything Else :cool:

SHC-Gamer - Josh Deane [email protected]

Important: If a coupon did not print or you did not receive the value of the promotion due to a store issue I will compensate the difference. I only need the following (Please copy and paste the format below for quicker service):

• Name ____________________
  • Phone Number ____________________
  • Mailing Address ____________________
  • Receipt Number ____________________
  • Short description of incident (a novel, though enjoyed, is not required :) )
Gift cards issued usually take 7-10 days to arrive once confirmed.

CE or Specal Inventory Requests:
Email Stockboy at [email protected]

• Game ____________________
  • Platform __________________
  • Store Address _____________

Last edited by a moderator:
Update:
I called case management and was told that if I log in before I purchase a game the coupon would be applied. Very nice people on the phone.

However, I just tried it and it did not work. No $ 40 coupon. It is a bummer. Will have to call again and keep you posted!
[quote name='zara-zara']I purchased an XBox 360 kinect bundle online on Nov 11 because I wanted to get the $ 40 gaming coupon that you also advertised here:
http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=274278
and that Kmart advertises here on their blog:
http://www.mykmart.com/mykmart_blog/Kinect-Madness

No gaming coupon even though I am registered and saw the promotion on the screen when I ordered. The customer rep in the chat told me he can only see a promotion starting Nov 15.

I will call case management about this. Or return the bundle if there is no deal for a BF deal.
Did you have similar experiences with them?[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Kristopher']picked up my copy today. It was a pretty awesome experience for the first time ever in my kmart. I walked in, and a girl was doing her job unboxing things, and asked me if I had any questions... WTH? That NEVER happens. Anyway, it was in the glass, she asked me if I wanted a SYWR card, I said yes, got my card, she was able to use my need for speed 25.00 coupon, and flawlessly printed out both 10 dollar coupons.

this girl should be promoted.[/QUOTE]

Do the coupons have the same barcode or are they both different?

[quote name='nakanenui']I think its mostly hoarders/resellers picking up all the new release stuff just for the coupons. Only they know what they are doing with the games after using the coupons, but maybe imposing a limit on the amount of any particular title with coupons/points per SYWR account (seems like bans on an account have been issued due to multiple transactions in a row).

The good news it more people are shopping at kmart=better deals in the future, the bad news is more competition=less stock for us.[/QUOTE]

I don't see it doing any good considering the intelligence/laziness of store associates or stores that are understaffed and over worked, but limit 2 would be a good general rule for release week on anything with coupon deals.

I hate to say it but resellers could do aright with these deals, just staying on the coupon train and buying new releases for $40 or so every week and flipping them to ebay for $55 plus shipping.

That shit makes me angry but I guess it's going to happen unless they limit purchases to 2 per person per day on release week.

[quote name='Gorge']Do the coupons have the same barcode or are they both different?[/QUOTE]

DKCR coupons have different barcodes

gotta love the consistency of inconsistency...

No Apache all week with the $30 coupon.
Thought I read it would be extended like Sly...

So today, copies finally show up...and of course no coupon...
game went directly to customer service for a return.
GS Lady sighed at yet another "game" deal issue...
and apologized...

and yes, still waiting for the 50,000 red wii points to show up bought on the first day of the deal...

Now my 4ourth phone call Monday (first three averaged 30 minutes) to Kmart about the missing points...

I signed up for SYWR online last week. I printed out the temp. card, it has the membership number and the pin number below( all zereos).
I am I ok? Getting these coupons, I mean.

[quote name='Xfactor19990']So coupons on Friday are they usable immediately?[/QUOTE]

Coupons that print out this Friday (Black Friday) will not be instantly activated. You will have to wait til the following Sunday just like every week. The only exception is Thanksgiving day coupons can only be redeemed on Black Friday.

Oh crap I didn't consider the fact that you have to wait on coupons..

Augh, well ill probably still get NBA and DKC, then use the 20 from NBA and 1 of the 10's from DKC on mickey CE which leaves me with a 10 coupon, which I can use on All-Stars..Yeah that'll work hopefully.

[quote name='rbarba4']DKCR coupons have different barcodes[/QUOTE]

I wonder why they split it up instead of just giving a $20 coupon. I might have to go pick this up now as an X-mas gift.

Is Kmart's return policy on games really 90 days? The receipt does not list video games under the 30 days section but I recall someone having issues trying to make a return after 30 days.

[quote name='rbarba4']DKCR coupons have different barcodes[/QUOTE]

The DKCR coupons are active starting on 11/28 correct?

I just want to make sure I can use them on Epic Mickey on 11/30 but get it before 12/4 when one of my $20 coupons expires.

[quote name='jc48573']so nobody cares about Majin?[/QUOTE]
A bit impatient waiting only 18 minutes for a reply? Several have asked about Majin, no answer has been given yet on whether it's carried or not as far as I can tell.

[quote name='beaus27']I signed up for SYWR online last week. I printed out the temp. card, it has the membership number and the pin number below( all zereos).
I am I ok? Getting these coupons, I mean.[/QUOTE]

Yeah. I don't even bring in my temp printout card; I just bring in a Post-it with my number on it. I make them enter it before I buy anything to ensure that it works and it always has (three times now).

[quote name='Joartrak']wtf is a majin? :D[/QUOTE]

oh for the love of god. well, it's Majin and the Forsaken Kingdom and you can look for more info on any gaming site. I really don't blame you for not knowing though as it is one of those titles that people hardly mention even if they knew about it.

Bought DKCR from Kmart today before I checked CAG, so I didn't know about the coupon issue. Cashier and I both forgot about my SYWR card, so it wasn't scanned and I missed out on the 2nd coupon. Can't return/rebuy because I used coupons to buy the game, and I'd lose out on them.

I mailed Josh and I know he'll take care of it, but I'm really getting tired of this nonsense. I know it's not his fault... he's doing the best he can in a seemingly fatally-flawed organization. There's always some sort of problem. Would be nice if he could jump ship to somewhere like Target, so we could get similar deals without the BS. Not likely, I know, but here's to hoping.

[quote name='jer7583']
That shit makes me angry but I guess it's going to happen unless they limit purchases to 2 per person per day on release week.[/QUOTE]

This wouldn't do anything.

The Fallout New Vegas coasters were limit 1 per customer and we saw how well that worked.

[quote name='jc48573']oh for the love of god. well, it's Majin and the Forsaken Kingdom and you can look for more info on any gaming site. I really don't blame you for not knowing though as it is one of those titles that people hardly mention even if they knew about it.[/QUOTE]

Actually looks somewhat appealing, might have to give it a spin

[quote name='jer7583']Ugh no luck on Donkey Kong or NBA Jam today.

Clueless cashiers and managers were unable to find them. Really annoying, but what can you do?

At least we were in the area and picked up some other things while we were there.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, same here. I wonder if all stores will be getting NBA Jam, i hate to think all stores wont have copies of a game that is a new release/and or on a deal. It is really annoying having to deal with people at the local stores that have ZERO clue about games-I was looked at like I was speaking f'n arabic.., and Jam is in the aisle 23...So, They were supposed to be in stores Friday, been checking since last Tuesday/release day-and it is now Close of Sunday. Lame. BTW: is Stockboy still around? Either he gets too many PM he cannot respond, or he just doesn't, or has gone to heaven?

[quote name='Caddywompus21']The DKCR coupons are active starting on 11/28 correct?

I just want to make sure I can use them on Epic Mickey on 11/30 but get it before 12/4 when one of my $20 coupons expires.[/QUOTE]As far as the ones generated for me today, one is good beginning on the 25th, the other on the 28th.

[quote name='bigE24']As far as the ones generated for me today, one is good beginning on the 25th, the other on the 28th.[/QUOTE]

Thank you, I wanted to be sure my dates line up right cause that would suck if I only had the Epic Mickey $15 coupon on the 11/30 and get stuck with $40 of coupons and nothing to buy.

[quote name='bigE24']As far as the ones generated for me today, one is good beginning on the 25th, the other on the 28th.[/QUOTE]

What is the end date on each of those?

[quote name='joeshmoe']Oh crap I didn't consider the fact that you have to wait on coupons..

Augh, well ill probably still get NBA and DKC, then use the 20 from NBA and 1 of the 10's from DKC on mickey CE which leaves me with a 10 coupon, which I can use on All-Stars..Yeah that'll work hopefully.[/QUOTE]

...and the $30 from Mickey?

I see that in order to get the $25 coupon for GT5 you need to be a SYWR member. I tried signing up but it keeps saying my email already has account. I never signed up for SYWR previously but I did order from kmart.com months ago. Does anyone know what I need to do?

I'm now tempted by both Sly Cooper Collection for the $15 gaming coupon which I would turn around and use for the GT5 and get tat $25 gaming coupon. One silly question... I've been looking at Kmartgamer.com for a while now and I never see these deals posted. Are they really working, am I just looking in the wrong spots, or what? I mean, how can you verify the deals actually exist. Back in the day you could read the posts, but I've never seen these deals for Sly Cooper Collection or GT5. Any advice out there?

[quote name='jc48573']can someone tell me if Kmart is going to carry majin for 39.99?[/QUOTE]

Almost positive Josh said they weren't even going to carry it after other places dropped the price to $39.99.

he did mention that would probably be the case but was going to contact namco (I think) 1 last time and see if they could get a deal and has not yet posted about that I beleive that they wont carry it now but am hoping that we will still get a deal (I am looking forward to this game)

[quote name='Killbomb']Almost positive Josh said they weren't even going to carry it after other places dropped the price to $39.99.[/QUOTE]
I know Josh said he wasn't offered the $40 price (at least at the time he posted about it) so if thats the case it would make sense to not carry it since it wont sell for crap to begin with and there'd be zero reason to buy it from Kmart.

[quote name='ravens52bears54']I see that in order to get the $25 coupon for GT5 you need to be a SYWR member. I tried signing up but it keeps saying my email already has account. I never signed up for SYWR previously but I did order from kmart.com months ago. Does anyone know what I need to do?[/QUOTE]

I had a hell of a time signing up too. One place it told me my email wasn't on file then where it directs me says my email is already linked to an account, did you forget your password ect. I think I just started over with the join now and skipped the part about how it's faster if you already signed up for kmart.com.

It sucks if all the deals switched to SYWR at this point when there are so many issues with SYWR. Who the hell is in charge of these things lol. Josh you both deserve and desperately need to be promoted.

[quote name='Caddywompus21']I had a hell of a time signing up too. One place it told me my email wasn't on file then where it directs me says my email is already linked to an account, did you forget your password ect. I think I just started over with the join now and skipped the part about how it's faster if you already signed up for kmart.com.[/QUOTE]

I tried doing that as well and couldn't get it to work that way either.

Can I just do it in the store?

[quote name='ravens52bears54']Can I just do it in the store?[/QUOTE]
That's illegal in at least 46 states and Puerto Rico. Trust me. I'm not even going to test the other 4.

Seriously though yes you can.

Seeing these problems with only one $10 coupon printing for DKC:R makes me glad I audibled to buy the game at TRU and pick up the freebies. Hope the issue gets sorted out for everyone else.

[quote name='ShockandAww']It sucks if all the deals switched to SYWR at this point when there are so many issues with SYWR. Who the hell is in charge of these things lol. Josh you both deserve and desperately need to be promoted.[/QUOTE]

I don't understand how so many people are having trouble with the rewards thing.

My fiancee has had an account forever but I made my own the week of call of duty and it took like 5 minutes and has always worked just fine.

You have to remember too that if 20 people in this thread have problems and 200 don't, the 20 that have problems are going to post about it, the other 200 have no reason to post that everything went fine with making an account.

I haven't got my SYWR card yet in the mail and the site is only showing the last 4 digits of my member number. I can just give the cashier my phone number and it will show I'm a member and give me the 2nd coupon on DKCR, right?

[quote name='kitm9891']I asked the previous poster this and he hasnt responded so Ill ask you as well, did you provide your email address to them when you signed up for the SYWR program? I saw a memo from corporate about bonus offers only being applied to people who had a valid email address on file and Im starting to think its already gone into effect and maybe thats why the previous poster didnt get the second coupon even when they scanned his card in.[/QUOTE]

I don't know if this has been answered, but one $10 coupon that prints from the DKC game is valid from 11/25- 1/8/11 and the other $10 is good from 11/28-1/8/11. I had no problems getting the coupons, other than the register in electronics freezing and I had to go to customer service. I guess the SYWR system was down this morning...

[quote name='ravens52bears54']I see that in order to get the $25 coupon for GT5 you need to be a SYWR member. I tried signing up but it keeps saying my email already has account. I never signed up for SYWR previously but I did order from kmart.com months ago. Does anyone know what I need to do?[/QUOTE]

They can look you up VIA the phone number you signed up with online, so just give them that.

[quote name='mebegod']that should work you just will not be able to redeem points with just your phone #[/QUOTE]

You can redeem your points with just your phone #. I've done it before, but most employees won't do it.

[quote name='panda911']Seeing these problems with only one $10 coupon printing for DKC:R makes me glad I audibled to buy the game at TRU and pick up the freebies. Hope the issue gets sorted out for everyone else.[/QUOTE]

It isn't really a problem. You have to have/use the Shop Your Way Card with the purchase to get the second coupon. Most didn't know or check up beforehand.

[quote name='DarkRider23']You can redeem your points with just your phone #. I've done it before, but most employees won't do it.[/QUOTE]

You have to also enter your PIN to redeem points, which you won't know until you get the card in the mail. You can try changing your PIN on the website, but every time I've tried after logging in, it'll say "system unavailable" or something like that.

Would there be any problem in using SYWR points on these black friday deals? I signed up for a card when I bought black ops to get the 25000 points. It would be awesome if I could get NFS:Hot Pursuit for $9.99.

[quote name='ShockandAww']That's illegal in at least 46 states and Puerto Rico. Trust me. I'm not even going to test the other 4.

Seriously though yes you can.[/QUOTE]

LOL. Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back