Kmartgamer

Status
Not open for further replies.

SHC-Gamer

Official Representative
www.KmartGamer.com (Blog is effective in all locations)

Sometimes, Kmartgamer offers are only featured on CAG. Usually just due to personal bandwidth on my end. Blog offers for this week will be posted tonight to alleveate any confusion.

Important: The offers this week are instant bogo's, not coupons due to previously discussed issues we are currnetly facing with our coupon program which will be fixed soon.

:ps3:1-18 Mass Effect - Buy Mass Effect 2 PS3 and get another $59.99 game 50% off (offer valid through 2/12)
  • Will be on sale for $44.99 the week of 1/30
:ps3:1-18 Little Big Planet 2 - Buy Little Big Planet 2 PS3 and get another $59.99 game 50% off (offer valid through 2/12)

Kmart Weekly Ad: (Circulars not effective in all stores, NYC and Offshore in particular)

The only noteworthy offer this week is:

• :wii:Buy Donkey Kong Country Returns and get Epic Mickey for $19.99
Only other offer not MSRP:
  • :360::ps3:Save $10 WWE Raw 2011, more of a corproate pull together offer
Like I said previously, January sucks.

Note: Savings Coupon offers are valid in all stores

Coming Soon:

Update: Submitting Feb./Mar. offers as SYWR promotions. Will post as soon as they are approved. Coupons may have temporary fix before then, if so, we'll go back to them instead of SYWR's. At the end of Mar. the coupon issue will be fixed and we'll go back to normal.
  • :360::ps3:1-25 Dead Space 2 Free 1600 XBLA Points or $20 PSN for Free
    • We show positive instock on the cards but if you run into an issue just let me know and I'll work with you.
    • Offer valid from 1/25 through 1-29
    • In many cases the points/PSN cards are located in the Gift Card rack near the front of the store by mistake.
  • :360::ps3:1-25 Two Worlds II (PS3 Version Delayed by a few days, will not ship until Friday)
    • 1-30 through 2-5, Two Worlds II will be on sale for $39.99
    • CAG only special, will not be featured on the blog
  • :wii:2-6 Mario Sports Mix TBD
  • :360::ps3: 2-8 Test Drive Unlimited 2 TBD
  • :360::ps3: 2-15 Marvel vs. Capcom 3 TBD
  • :360::ps3: 2-15 Nascar 2011 TBD
  • :360::ps3::wii: 2-15 Lego Star Wars III: The Clone Wars TBD
  • :360::ps3: 2-22 Bulletstorm TBD
  • :360::ps3: 2-22 Driver: San Francisco TBD
  • :360::ps3::wii: 2-22 De Blob: The Underground TBD
*This list is not comprehensive of every promotion that may be coming and release dates are subject to change.

Customer Questions/Comments:

General Feedback, Promotional Ideas or Anything Else :cool:

SHC-Gamer - Josh Deane [email protected]

Important: If a coupon did not print or you did not receive the value of the promotion due to a store issue I will compensate the difference. I only need the following (Please copy and paste the format below for quicker service):

• Name ____________________
  • Phone Number ____________________
  • Mailing Address ____________________
  • Receipt Number ____________________
  • Short description of incident (a novel, though enjoyed, is not required :) )
Gift cards issued usually take 7-10 days to arrive once confirmed.

CE or Specal Inventory Requests:
Email Stockboy at [email protected]

• Game ____________________
  • Platform __________________
  • Store Address _____________

Last edited by a moderator:
Went to the K-mart in Manhattan by 34th street and they had like around 30 copies of DKCR and got myself DKCR gave them my $20 coupon from Kirby: Epic Yarn and SYWR Card and got 2 $10 gaming coupons with purchase, with no problems, just was upset that they didn't have anymore epic mickey boxes

[quote name='nbballard']
If the employees in K-mart would do the core part of their job each day, I imagine that 80% of the whining on this forum would go away. The core items as I see it are: 1) Making the product available (which includes being in electronics to open the case) , and 2) Being agreeable to the customer.

New fixtures are a nice to have- but i'm still going to file a complaint if you give me attitude because you can't find a game that came out 6 days ago.
[/QUOTE]

[quote name='vlv723']Only lazy, don't give a rats ass about customers would say what you said. It's employees like you who are making these deals non-existent.
[/QUOTE]

I clouded the issue by mentioning I worked there. My point is that from the amount of problems customers are having, there must be something fundamentally flawed with the system and/or design of the department. If you want to believe that everyone's a lazy ass who doesn't want to do their job, then so be it. The reality is that most employees want to help you, make you happy, and have a good day. 90% of the time for one reason or another, it's impossible to make that happen.

[quote name='ChaosGamer']Went to the K-mart in Manhattan by 34th street and they had like around 30 copies of DKCR and got myself DKCR gave them my $20 coupon from Kirby: Epic Yarn and SYWR Card and got 2 $10 gaming coupons with purchase, with no problems, just was upset that they didn't have anymore epic mickey boxes[/QUOTE]

I just called 34th street NYC and no GT5. Did you see any while you were there?

here we go ...another frigging K mart nightmare coming up.

my store i Everett, Wa used to be awesome about getting new releases out. Now the are slipping. No DKC yesterday. To much of an effort to look in the back when I asked....

I don't think It's even worth bothering for GT5. This one day coupon things is going to be a big wash I fear.

[quote name='cupcakex1']So I just signed up for SYWR online, and was wondering how the process works in store. Do I just give them my email for them to input?[/QUOTE]

Below is where you can find the information. The two FAQS I pulled should answer your questions:
https://www.shopyourwayrewards.com/sywr/faq_do

How do I enroll in Shop Your Way Rewards?

Click "Join Now" on this site and complete the membership form. You'll receive your Member number as soon as you click "submit." Print a copy of your confirmation so you can begin earning points right away by providing your Member number every time you make a purchase! You can also enroll by asking an Associate at a participating Sears, Kmart or the great indoors store for a Shop Your Way Rewards enrollment brochure. It takes just a few minutes to sign up and you can start earning points immediately.

What if I forget my card when I shop at Sears, Kmart, or the great indoors?

You will still be able to earn 10 points or more for every $1 you spend on qualified purchases if you identify yourself as a Shop Your Way Rewards Member. Ask your Associate to look up your Member number using your phone number or email address in our records. We recommend you verify that we have your correct phone number and email address in our records. To do this, please log into this site and go to My Info page to verify we have the correct information for you. Please note, you will need your card to redeem your points.

[quote name='ChaosGamer']Went to the K-mart in Manhattan by 34th street and they had like around 30 copies of DKCR and got myself DKCR gave them my $20 coupon from Kirby: Epic Yarn and SYWR Card and got 2 $10 gaming coupons with purchase, with no problems, just was upset that they didn't have anymore epic mickey boxes[/QUOTE]
hey you see any other new release on the front case by the register? also do you know if that dude with the scar on his head was working? hes a total douch

[quote name='Readthepost']I just called 34th street NYC and no GT5. Did you see any while you were there?[/QUOTE]

Dammit!!! i was going there now to get along with red dead redemption and splatterhouse:bomb::bomb:

[quote name='groundskeeper']Below is where you can find the information. The two FAQS I pulled should answer your questions:
https://www.shopyourwayrewards.com/sywr/faq_do

How do I enroll in Shop Your Way Rewards?

Click "Join Now" on this site and complete the membership form. You'll receive your Member number as soon as you click "submit." Print a copy of your confirmation so you can begin earning points right away by providing your Member number every time you make a purchase! You can also enroll by asking an Associate at a participating Sears, Kmart or the great indoors store for a Shop Your Way Rewards enrollment brochure. It takes just a few minutes to sign up and you can start earning points immediately.

What if I forget my card when I shop at Sears, Kmart, or the great indoors?

You will still be able to earn 10 points or more for every $1 you spend on qualified purchases if you identify yourself as a Shop Your Way Rewards Member. Ask your Associate to look up your Member number using your phone number or email address in our records. We recommend you verify that we have your correct phone number and email address in our records. To do this, please log into this site and go to My Info page to verify we have the correct information for you. Please note, you will need your card to redeem your points.[/QUOTE]

Thanks ! I looked over the FAQ but must've missed it :D . Really appreciate it !

There are some games I kind of want right now with the kmart deals but I'm not stupid enough to go looking for them today because I know they won't be out. Took them 3 days to get DKCR on the shelf and they have wii's in the back but won't put them out honoring the deal they list in their ad. Think I'll just use the coupons I got and give up on kmart because the employees at my kmart are just too ignorant about their products and deals and it's not worth the hassle anymore. Not like I need anymore games anyway but if the deals could go smooth I would bite anyway. It's a shame too because my Big Kmart is quarter of a mile from walmart supercenter and I"d like to see someone cut into greedy a$$ walmart's sales but I guess there is a reason walmart is on top. I need to get a job at kmart because I would make sure if someone came in wanting something I would do whatever it would take to make them leave happy even taking their phone number and calling them when a game comes in. I realize every sale is important and helping keep the doors open. Oh well, guess most just don't care enough and don't see it that way. Now they keeping them red wii's in the back for black fri and I see walmart has a deal now if you buy the red wii you get a 50 gift card so kmart just sit on them wii's for no reason. It's like they are wanting to sink themselves or something. Maybe a walmart manager got into kmart and is trying to destroy them from the inside I just don't know it's beyond me.

I went into Kmart around 10am this morning and went back to get GT5. I walked around and looked. Asked a clerk and he said what we have is what is in the case. I told him that the game should be in stock room since the game was pre-shipped to all stores 5 days early. He called the manager for the keys to the stock room. I even showed him a picture of the box art and long behold he came out with the game. The guy even said If I don't see you before Thursday have a happy thanksgiving!

I even showed the guy how to stick in my SYWR card phone number. He was very grateful!

I think the guy usually works in the Automotive section of the store and is not to IT savvy but loved how he helped me out!

So if you are having problems with Kmart saying they are out of stock. Be polite and ask nicely.

:bouncy::applause::D:lol::cool:

photo1.JPG

Any GT5 in manhattan on 34th & 7ave? I called around 7:30am and the lady told me to call back the next hr. I try calling again after 2 hrs but no one pick the phone up. Anyone seen any yet?

[quote name='JayFx2']Any GT5 in Manhattan on 34th & 7ave? I called around 7:30am and the lady told me to call back the next hr. I try calling again after 2 hrs but no one pick the phone up. Anyone seen any yet?[/QUOTE]

someone from the last page stated to have called and was told no they don't have it.. NOW we need a new yorker to go to the store and ask them to open those boxes and place them out!!!:bomb::bomb: i would love to do this but from the experience i had from two weeks ago i doubt they would help me out by looking in the back. josh and his team are trying to get the 34th street store straighten out and hopefully they get there act together soon..

[quote name='zelda2fanboy']I clouded the issue by mentioning I worked there. My point is that from the amount of problems customers are having, there must be something fundamentally flawed with the system and/or design of the department. If you want to believe that everyone's a lazy ass who doesn't want to do their job, then so be it. The reality is that most employees want to help you, make you happy, and have a good day. 90% of the time for one reason or another, it's impossible to make that happen.[/QUOTE]
And I'd agree that most of the time an employee is helpful if it only requires opening the glass case or talking about TVs. The problem is created when the item isn't shelved the day it should be.

Like I said- i worked at K-mart (and Sears actually), and each store is too big for it's own good. I worked part time in electronics for Kmart, and didn't have keys to the cabinet, saw my boss once a week, and my shift never coincided with the daily/weekly staff meeting. I also worked at Funcoland a in high school, before most titles were street dated and i understand how awful it is to have a customer show up at your store on release date only to have to tell them that the title never arrived.

From what we are hearing though- these stores are getting new releases (for the most part) prior to Tuesday, and are failing to stock them to the shelves. Expecting the find an employee that knows about the blog, and CAG, and all the small details of each deal is unrealistic, but i do expect to at least find a product on the shelf.

That said- just got back from the Memphis store and the employee told me that she "Didn't know if they had that because she hadn't gotten around to finding it, and that I should come back later". I won't be.

[quote name='thingsfallnapart']
I don't think It's even worth bothering for GT5. This one day coupon things is going to be a big wash I fear.[/QUOTE]

Is it a one day coupon? I was under the impression it was good through till the 28th cause Josh said there was a conflicting promo and he couldn't extend the $25 passed then? I'm guessing it's the $39.99 & up $15 Gaming coupon promo?

[quote name='litobirdy']anybody purchased GT5 yet? with or w/o rewards card?[/QUOTE]
got it today with rewards card coupon printed life is good:applause:

Epic fail in the Waterloo, IA store... as of Tuesday night no DKCR, not in the sheves, not in the back, they guy who checked said they have like 6 shipments of boxes to get through in the back, so I suspect it might be in one of them, but obviously they are too busy with shoppers this week to get through them... pathetic.. I guess I'll buy it at Target today instead..

Massachusettes Heads up :

Apparently there's a law that say's KMart can't be open on Thanksgiving so all the Thursday deals are being honored today

[quote name='medetron']hey you see any other new release on the front case by the register? also do you know if that dude with the scar on his head was working? hes a total douch

Dammit!!! i was going there now to get along with red dead redemption and splatterhouse:bomb::bomb:[/QUOTE]

I didn't see that dude he wasn't there, it was a girl who was there very nice & polite did everything okay

[quote name='medetron']someone from the last page stated to have called and was told no they don't have it.. NOW we need a new yorker to go to the store and ask them to open those boxes and place them out!!!:bomb::bomb: i would love to do this but from the experience i had from two weeks ago i doubt they would help me out by looking in the back. josh and his team are trying to get the 34th street store straighten out and hopefully they get there act together soon..[/QUOTE]

I just called again and THEY HAVE THEM (GT5)....I asked if they had a lot and she told me at least 20 of them. Good luck all.

[quote name='Evolved']Two kmart's and neither had gt5. "If it's not in the case, I don't have it."

What's the deal?[/QUOTE]

i only see these deals getting worse every other week.. from what i can tell is that with black Friday and Christmas coming up the sales associates are being turned limb by limb by management. the managers are trying to get everything ready for the holiday rush but for whatever reason aren't putting much thought into the electronics department because until these deals came along they never had much going on in that department. i just think all the resources are going elsewhere unfortunately

I haven't been actively following this thread for a few weeks and I have a hard time catching up the numerous pages.

I have a question about the SYWR program. If you use your SYWR card on a game that offers a bonus gaming coupon, does the cash register still print out the coupon? Or the value of the coupon gets deposited in your SYWR card?

[quote name='ChaosGamer']I didn't see that dude he wasn't there, it was a girl who was there very nice & polite did everything okay[/QUOTE]
NICE!! by any chance did you see any other new releases?

[quote name='Readthepost']I just called again and THEY HAVE THEM (GT5)....I asked if they had a lot and she told me at least 20 of them. Good luck all.[/QUOTE]

very happy to hear this :applause:, will check it out in about an hour but most then likely if they found the grand turismo box then hopefully some of the other new releases should be there as well

[quote name='eau']I haven't been actively following this thread for a few weeks and I have a hard time catching up the numerous pages.

I have a question about the SYWR program. If you use your SYWR card on a game that offers a bonus gaming coupon, does the cash register still print out the coupon? Or the value of the coupon gets deposited in your SYWR card?[/QUOTE]

you still get a printed coupon points only go on if theres a promo for it

Failed at the Oakdale and White Bear Lake, MN stores. My wife called the White Bear Lake store about an hour after I was told they did not get it and they told her they sold out...yeah right. Anyway, my wife called the super-ultra ghetto Kmart on Maryland Ave in Saint Paul (I always forget about that one because I value my life) and they had it. Put on my best riot gear and headed into that dangerous area to get it. Got GT5 and Red Dead Undead; both coupons printed out. Would have picked-up Splatterhouse but they did not have that one - I guess 2 out of 3 wasn't too bad.

well i gave up on sly cooper....live near philadelphia, pa and even went to delaware and no sly....now got my sites on splatterhouse.....i thought there was a $30 coupon with that purchase?

No luck in the New Hope, MN store either today. That's 0 for 3 the past couple weeks between Sly Cooper, Apache Assault and GT5. Hopefully Josh & co. can figure out what is happening to this store's stock.

[quote name='gshell']well i gave up on sly cooper....live near philadelphia, pa and even went to delaware and no sly....now got my sites on splatterhouse.....i thought there was a $30 coupon with that purchase?[/QUOTE]

West Chester has plenty of Sly.

I just called Kmart for GT5. The guy looked at the case and told me GT5 was probably sold out. It's 9 am in the morning and I don't believe it will be sold out.

[quote name='m_d_amore']Massachusettes Heads up :

Apparently there's a law that say's KMart can't be open on Thanksgiving so all the Thursday deals are being honored today[/QUOTE]
Wait......what?

[quote name='Beatofficer']Got GT5 with the coupon no problem at the kmart on sunrise in sacramento[/QUOTE]

Haha, that's the good store in Sacramento. Really far out for me since I live downtown, but I've trekked there when I had to when the crappier Sac store didn't have anything I wanted in stock.

[quote name='FINALBOSS']Wait......what?[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I think three states and a bunch of municipalities have laws on the books that prohibit Thanksgiving Day retail openings.

It was "make or break" time for me at Kmart today. I said if I couldn't get DKCR, I was done altogether with Kmart. (This was the 5th Kmart I stopped at for this damn game!)

Went to visit my gf's family in Wisconsin. Stopped by the Cudahy, WI store. They didn't have the game in the case (of course). But, the glass cases and the shelves of clearance games were the most organized I've seen at a Kmart. (Props for that.)

The clerk was also *gasp* in the electronics department working! :O

He got it from the back, and when the coupons printed, even mentioned them to me. Obviously, he knows the game. His name was Dominic, and he was a younger guy. Best Kmart employee I've ever dealt with.

So, I'm still on the coupon train...at least for a bit longer. Definitely recommend that Kmart location.

Well, Cameron at the Enid K-Mart called me yesterday, and informed me that he had found NBA Jam! Yay! I just wished he would've called a little bit earlier because I ended up buying a copy at Wal-Mart that I made another trip just to return. :cry:

[quote name='Dranakin']Yeah, I think three states and a bunch of municipalities have laws on the books that prohibit Thanksgiving Day retail openings.[/QUOTE]
Did a little Googling and it seems you're right. MA doesn't allow department stores to open on Thanksgiving unless they receive a permit and it's approved by the department of commerce. Weird.

I was able to pick up GT5, NBA Jam, and DKCR at my kmart about an hour ago. It took forever for them to find GT5 and DKCR, but they did have them in the back.

I was able to get DKC yesterday after no luck Sunday. I figured they were probably waiting until Tuesday to put it out, and it seems I was correct. I signed up for SYWR maybe an hour before going in, gave them my phone number, and both coupons printed just fine. All is well.

Except...my coupon train might be coming to an end. These coupons miss Dead Space 2 by a couple weeks, so I might just get a couple of $14.99 and $19.99 odds and ends for extra cheap.

If my K-Mart doesn't have GT5, I will be one of those customers that whines and demands to speak to a manager until I get my copy. I'm debating taking a sign to K-Mart that says "Please assist me" and camping out underneath a security camera. I'm tired of going to the CS desk four or five times to get them to page someone to come to electronics.

I'm strongly debating getting GT5, but I think the thing that will push me away from doing that deal is all of the new releases I've gotten+ all of the coupons that I already have that activate next week.

What a waste...drive 40 min to Kmart from my job on lunch... every intention of getting GT5, Splatterhouse, Sly Collection, and Empty Epic Mickey Box....already braced for difficulty in cashing in points they claimed i couldnt use the previous week....no one in dept....walk across store to sporting goods..no one there....go to pharmacy and have them call someone....10 min later someone shows up...ask her to go to back and check on GT5...didnt bother with Splatter house as she already looked irritated and confused....she sighs and shuffles to back.....20 min later of pacing an employee walks past ..flag her down and ask her to check on other employee....15 min later enither one has come back...a third shows up and asks if I need help with obvious distaste....Tell her i sent two employees back 35 min ago to check on game...seems satisfied and says ok then and turns to walk off..about the time Im contemplating screaming I see the second employee across store shaking head..say screw it and dont bother trying to get other games...Two hours later and some of the worst service ever.. and that two hours is closer to three with my drive back....Im patient with these things but damn...there's gotta be a limit....I know KMart is trying to establish itself as a game dealer with these coupons but it is getting to the point it isnt worth it....

Totally not prepared for the sales at my store. The woman I usually praise didn't even bother to look in the back for gt5 after asking 3 times I guess she just wasn't going to do it. Oh well I'll take my money else where c

[quote name='sotb_96']What a waste...drive 40 min to Kmart from my job on lunch... every intention of getting GT5, Splatterhouse, Sly Collection, and Empty Epic Mickey Box....already braced for difficulty in cashing in points they claimed i couldnt use the previous week....no one in dept....walk across store to sporting goods..no one there....go to pharmacy and have them call someone....10 min later someone shows up...ask her to go to back and check on GT5...didnt bother with Splatter house as she already looked irritated and confused....she sighs and shuffles to back.....20 min later of pacing an employee walks past ..flag her down and ask her to check on other employee....15 min later enither one has come back...a third shows up and asks if I need help with obvious distaste....Tell her i sent two employees back 35 min ago to check on game...seems satisfied and says ok then and turns to walk off..about the time Im contemplating screaming I see the second employee across store shaking head..say screw it and dont bother trying to get other games...Two hours later and some of the worst service ever....Im patient with these things but damn...there's gotta be a limit....I know KMart is trying to establish itself as a game dealer with these coupons but it is getting to the point it isnt worth it....[/QUOTE]
I'd say the limit should obviously be a lot shorter than 2 hours. 30 minutes max.

NYC, #7777, Astro Place k-mart has Splatterhouse and GT5 (standard edition), plenty of copies. No problem getting $30 and $25 gaming coupons back (effective 11/28/10-01/08/11). No GT5 CE :whistle2:( Not sure it's sold out or don't have it in stock (according to SHC-Gamer/Josh, they supposed to have it, but the guy said they don't, he did show me the AC:B CE though so he knows what I'm talking about).

Well, standard edition of GT5 for me then...

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back