Kmartgamer

Status
Not open for further replies.

SHC-Gamer

Official Representative
www.KmartGamer.com (Blog is effective in all locations)

Sometimes, Kmartgamer offers are only featured on CAG. Usually just due to personal bandwidth on my end. Blog offers for this week will be posted tonight to alleveate any confusion.

Important: The offers this week are instant bogo's, not coupons due to previously discussed issues we are currnetly facing with our coupon program which will be fixed soon.

:ps3:1-18 Mass Effect - Buy Mass Effect 2 PS3 and get another $59.99 game 50% off (offer valid through 2/12)
  • Will be on sale for $44.99 the week of 1/30
:ps3:1-18 Little Big Planet 2 - Buy Little Big Planet 2 PS3 and get another $59.99 game 50% off (offer valid through 2/12)

Kmart Weekly Ad: (Circulars not effective in all stores, NYC and Offshore in particular)

The only noteworthy offer this week is:

• :wii:Buy Donkey Kong Country Returns and get Epic Mickey for $19.99
Only other offer not MSRP:
  • :360::ps3:Save $10 WWE Raw 2011, more of a corproate pull together offer
Like I said previously, January sucks.

Note: Savings Coupon offers are valid in all stores

Coming Soon:

Update: Submitting Feb./Mar. offers as SYWR promotions. Will post as soon as they are approved. Coupons may have temporary fix before then, if so, we'll go back to them instead of SYWR's. At the end of Mar. the coupon issue will be fixed and we'll go back to normal.
  • :360::ps3:1-25 Dead Space 2 Free 1600 XBLA Points or $20 PSN for Free
    • We show positive instock on the cards but if you run into an issue just let me know and I'll work with you.
    • Offer valid from 1/25 through 1-29
    • In many cases the points/PSN cards are located in the Gift Card rack near the front of the store by mistake.
  • :360::ps3:1-25 Two Worlds II (PS3 Version Delayed by a few days, will not ship until Friday)
    • 1-30 through 2-5, Two Worlds II will be on sale for $39.99
    • CAG only special, will not be featured on the blog
  • :wii:2-6 Mario Sports Mix TBD
  • :360::ps3: 2-8 Test Drive Unlimited 2 TBD
  • :360::ps3: 2-15 Marvel vs. Capcom 3 TBD
  • :360::ps3: 2-15 Nascar 2011 TBD
  • :360::ps3::wii: 2-15 Lego Star Wars III: The Clone Wars TBD
  • :360::ps3: 2-22 Bulletstorm TBD
  • :360::ps3: 2-22 Driver: San Francisco TBD
  • :360::ps3::wii: 2-22 De Blob: The Underground TBD
*This list is not comprehensive of every promotion that may be coming and release dates are subject to change.

Customer Questions/Comments:

General Feedback, Promotional Ideas or Anything Else :cool:

SHC-Gamer - Josh Deane [email protected]

Important: If a coupon did not print or you did not receive the value of the promotion due to a store issue I will compensate the difference. I only need the following (Please copy and paste the format below for quicker service):

• Name ____________________
  • Phone Number ____________________
  • Mailing Address ____________________
  • Receipt Number ____________________
  • Short description of incident (a novel, though enjoyed, is not required :) )
Gift cards issued usually take 7-10 days to arrive once confirmed.

CE or Specal Inventory Requests:
Email Stockboy at [email protected]

• Game ____________________
  • Platform __________________
  • Store Address _____________

Last edited by a moderator:
I went this morning and found Gran Turisomo and Splatterhouse displayed and after walking a new employee through how to handle the coupons both games were mine. Also, thanks to living in Mass and our blue laws i'm now debating on going back tonight to take advantage of tomorrow’s sales. Hopefully last week’s issues with Sly Cooper and AC: Brotherhood are the exception and not the norm.

[quote name='Shaggy0131']I went this morning and found Gran Turisomo and Splatterhouse displayed and after walking a new employee through how to handle the coupons both games were mine. Also, thanks to living in Mass and our blue laws i'm now debating on going back tonight to take advantage of tomorrow’s sales. Hopefully last week’s issues with Sly Cooper and AC: Brotherhood are the exception and not the norm.
[/QUOTE]
Where you at in MA?

First Kmart I went to didn't have any GT5, guy said he already checked in the back twice. Went home and called another Kmart and they said they had it, and when I got there I noticed Prologue sitting on top in the case and was thinking I probably should have specified, but they had GT5 in the back, got a copy and coupon printed out after looking up my rewards card by phone number, no problems.

Still can't decide between GT5 and NFS:HP. All the reviews in the world can't help me make a decision. Plus, I love this line about GT5 in IGN's review:

A 10/10 simulator wrapped up in a 5/10 game

[quote name='Serpentor']NYC, #7777, Astro Place k-mart has Splatterhouse and GT5 (standard edition), plenty of copies. No problem getting $30 and $25 gaming coupons back (effective 11/28/10-01/08/11). No GT5 CE :whistle2:( Not sure it's sold out or don't have it in stock (according to SHC-Gamer/Josh, they supposed to have it, but the guy said they don't, he did show me the AC:B CE though so he knows what I'm talking about).

Well, standard edition of GT5 for me then...[/QUOTE]

you missed josh/stock boy's last update, k-mart is not getting any of the ce of gt 5

Went by my K-mart after lunch for GT5 but it wasn't in stock.
:whistle2:(
This is sad. Seems like K-mart have great prices for new releases but most items are never available on release date.

[quote name='Shaggy0131']Final Boss,

I live near the Holoyke store, you?[/QUOTE]
I live in Ludlow, actually.

I usually go to the Palmer one instead--they are A+ on top of their game.

K-mart is a joke. Period. You can have all the specials and coupons in the world, but if you don't have the product and/or any employees who remotely give a **** it is completely meaningless. I have zero clue how this chain is still in business.

[quote name='Dranakin']Still can't decide between GT5 and NFS:HP. All the reviews in the world can't help me make a decision. Plus, I love this line about GT5 in IGN's review:[/QUOTE]
You know damn well the game is perfection. Its a driving simulator...not an arcadey one like NFS. IGN are crazy people.

[quote name='FINALBOSS']I live in Ludlow, actually.

I usually go to the Palmer one instead--they are A+ on top of their game.[/QUOTE]

So Palmer is good for something? I'm in Easthampton.

I bought my first ever game at K-Mart! Thanks for the heads up on GT5! It was painless, I asked an employee if they had the game and he went to the back and brought about 7 copies to the floor. Thanks again!

[quote name='Dranakin']Still can't decide between GT5 and NFS:HP. All the reviews in the world can't help me make a decision. Plus, I love this line about GT5 in IGN's review:[/QUOTE]

Hey Dranakin, picked up my copy of Sly today. I honestly have no idea how the kmart employees (2 who "checked!") didn't see it. It was pretty prominent on display.

Anyway, I went in to pick up that game and GT5, and boy did I have a hassle getting GT5.

I asked if I could pick up GT5 since the $25 coupon was offered today...and the lady "helping" me said she couldn't sell it to me because it wasn't in the ad. I asked her "Aren't a lot of things released on a daily basis that aren't shown in the ad?" And she persisted to tell me they weren't allowed to sell anything that wasn't in this weeks ad. "Can you just check your stock room, inventory, or release schedule? The game came out today. I can show you the press release", that didn't get me anywhere. This went on for about 5 minutes until she finally called a manager (despite me showing the kmart gamer deal on my phones browser). The manager was agreeing with her that if it wasn't in the ad they weren't allowed to sell it (even though I haven't seen it in any BF/Thanksgiving ad for kamrt). The manager finally went to see for herself and brought out the game.

I think I'm done with these guys.

I just got back from 34th St & 7ave in Manhattan and they have GT5 in stock. Looks like their are a few left in the shelf and up front counter. $25 coupon works but not valid until 11-28-10 which sucks! I wanted to use it on the PS3 bundle for black Friday w/ another $25 coupon.

I'll take fun over simulation any day of the week, but that's just me. I've been burned by the tedious design and overall boring nature of GT too many times to make it a day one purchase.

I'll be getting NFS:HP tomorrow and will be happy to report back how much fun it is if you like. :D

[quote name='JaylisJayP']Is it hard to become a reward member or whatever you have to do to get the $25 gaming coupon on GT5?[/QUOTE]
just sign up online then print the temporary card ;) then show it to the cashier when you buying the game to get $25

Hillsborough, NJ Kmart has GT5 in the regular case if anyone is looking. Plenty of copies.

Did take about 20 mins for someone to get one out of the case for me though.

[quote name='mywhitenoise']Hey Dranakin, picked up my copy of Sly today. I honestly have no idea how the kmart employees (2 who "checked!") didn't see it. It was pretty prominent on display.[/QUOTE]

Glad it worked out for you!

[quote name='mietha']K-mart is a joke. Period. You can have all the specials and coupons in the world, but if you don't have the product and/or any employees who remotely give a **** it is completely meaningless. I have zero clue how this chain is still in business.[/QUOTE]

Your attitude about Kmart is like that of just about everyone I have met outside of this thread. I told my mother-in-law that we were going to stop by Kmart the other night and she asked me why. The look on her face, it was like I just told her I was divorcing her daughter.

[quote name='JaylisJayP']Is it hard to become a reward member or whatever you have to do to get the $25 gaming coupon on GT5?[/QUOTE]
just sign up online and print the temporary card or just go to the store then apply

So it's been about 3 weeks since I signed up for my SYWR card and it still hasn't come in the mail. Is this expected or should I be concerned? lol.

[quote name='Glasscocked']Your attitude about Kmart is like that of just about everyone I have met outside of this thread. I told my mother-in-law that we were going to stop by Kmart the other night and she asked me why. The look on her face, it was like I just told her I was divorcing her daughter.[/QUOTE]

Hahaha, this made me laugh as I get some of the same looks when I tell people I buy my games at Kmart. When I tell them how much I save buying there vs anywhere else they don't believe me.

[quote name='Evolved']Have we heard from Josh or Stockboy today?[/QUOTE]

I don't know but I hope they are lurking I need to get GT5 today

11-28 Week:

$15 gaming coupon all gaming software $39.99+

If i buy a 50 dollar Wii game and use a coupon to drop it under 39.99 would i still get the 15 dollar coupon?

I picked up GT5 at my Local Kmart (Gadsden,AL) and they didn't have it out , so they had to go in the back and they eventually found it and then my coupon didn't print out

[quote name='bigjake62505']I don't know but I hope they are lurking I need to get GT5 today[/QUOTE]

You do know that they have no control in whether you get the game today or not, right?

When you go to the store they will either have it on the shelf or they won't. If they don't, you might have someone willing to check the back for it or you won't.

For everything that they do, they can't magically make them do their jobs better while you're there.

I noticed that the Mass Effect 2 comes with $10 off a purchase of 1600 MS Points. Where did that information come from because I can't seem to find it. I just wanted to make sure i can get the deal if I am going to go to Kmart early Friday morning (I have to travel a long ways to get there first...).

[quote name='Toomuchboost']11-28 Week:

$15 gaming coupon all gaming software $39.99+

If i buy a 50 dollar Wii game and use a coupon to drop it under 39.99 would i still get the 15 dollar coupon?[/QUOTE]

Yes. As long as the REGULAR PRICE is $39.99+ then you're set.

[quote name='Colt1831']I picked up GT5 at my Local Kmart (Gadsden,AL) and they didn't have it out , so they had to go in the back and they eventually found it and then my coupon didn't print out[/QUOTE]

Are you a Shop Your War Reward Member (as indicated in the op)?

[quote name='Evolved']Have we heard from Josh or Stockboy today?[/QUOTE]

[quote name='bigjake62505']I don't know but I hope they are lurking I need to get GT5 today[/QUOTE]

mayb there busy since its just before the biggest shopping day/week of the year....

[quote name='chriscolbert']You do know that they have no control in whether you get the game today or not, right?

When you go to the store they will either have it on the shelf or they won't. If they don't, you might have someone willing to check the back for it or you won't.

For everything that they do, they can't magically make them do their jobs better while you're there.[/QUOTE]
They can confirm stock. That would certainly be helpful right about now. A website with a stock locator feature would be nice as well but hey, it's only 2010.

[quote name='aleraiders']mayb there busy since its just before the biggest shopping day/week of the year....[/QUOTE]
Well I believe Josh had a dental appointment today so he's probably out for the day.

[quote name='chriscolbert']Yes. As long as the REGULAR PRICE is $39.99+ then you're set.[/QUOTE]

Thanks! Just was confused if it was total price or regular! I have coupons to kill!

[quote name='Evolved']They can confirm stock. That would certainly be helpful right about now. A website with a stock locator feature would be nice as well but hey, it's only 2010.[/QUOTE]

Devices where you could make calls to places would be pretty sweet... Better yet, what if you could take them with you.

Bottom line chill the fuck out. They do this out of free will. So if they don't answer your every burning question... Pick up a phone and call the store.

[quote name='chriscolbert']You do know that they have no control in whether you get the game today or not, right?

For everything that they do, they can't magically make them do their jobs better while you're there.[/QUOTE]

I know that but stock boy has the ability to check shipments and tell me if they have the game. Thanks for your insight

[quote name='mvp828']Devices where you could make calls to places would be pretty sweet... Better yet, what if you could take them with you.

Bottom line chill the fuck out. They do this out of free will. So if they don't answer your every burning question... Pick up a phone and call the store.[/QUOTE]

The douchebaggery here is epic. All anyone has said is that they have the ability to check stock and if they are around it would be cool. Put away your superman underwear and towel because no one needs saving or protecting.

[quote name='mvp828']Devices where you could make calls to places would be pretty sweet... Better yet, what if you could take them with you.

Bottom line chill the fuck out. They do this out of free will. So if they don't answer your every burning question... Pick up a phone and call the store.[/QUOTE]
I have been to three stores and called two others so save the speech. It's either a shipping issue or a compentancy issue. One of them is excusable, the other is not.

And that "free will" line was hilarious. Pretty sure this is their job and they're trying to drive sales to kmart so the company they work for can make a greater profit.

Also, every thing you do in life is "free will".

I'm not a fan of Gran Turismo series. Last GT game I played was the original Gran Turismo for the PSX. It was good but I'm not a huge fan when it comes to racing simulators. Now I'll definitely will try to pick up NFS: HP tomorrow when it'll be $34.99. I have a $20 and $10 coupon to burn plus money in my SYWR card. Question is which platform to get it on...Digital Foundry's face-off of the game has it in a tie.

[quote name='FINALBOSS']You know damn well the game is perfection. Its a driving simulator...not an arcadey one like NFS. IGN are crazy people.[/QUOTE]

I dont think you being a fanboy makes you a qualified reviewer. Let IGN handle it.

Chill out guys. I recommend getting the UPC or another place ad showing gt5 came out today so they can't pull the "it's not out yet so we can't sell it" excuse

[quote name='bigjake62505']I know that but stock boy has the ability to check shipments and tell me if they have the game. Thanks for your insight[/QUOTE]

They confirmed that all stores got their shipments last week so I didn't realize that you were asking for that reason. The problem is never whether the stores have the games, they are just not getting put out and most employees won't go to the trouble to dig for it, especially this time of year when boxes of product are being held back for Thursday and Friday.

[quote name='irishsoccermbw']Is the CE version of goldeneye going to be reduced as well? Sorry for the noob question.[/QUOTE]

No, just the non-bundle.

No GT5, No Undead Nightmare, No Splatterhouse, No NBA Jam.

I just can't stand how unorganized my local kmart is.

While I was there a lady was trying to get Just Dance 2 and they had to remove half of the wii games just to see if it was behind something else.

[quote name='mvp828']They do this out of free will. So if they don't answer your every burning question... Pick up a phone and call the store.[/QUOTE]

i seem to think if someone is really worried about a store having an item or not......why come on here and ask stock boy or SHC???? whether or not he confirms or doesnt know...you still dont know untill you get to the game case....calling a store eliminates the "middle man" (no offense SHC crew)

call the dam store

edit - by now everyone should know if there store knows what the hell there doing

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back