Kmartgamer

Status
Not open for further replies.

SHC-Gamer

Official Representative
www.KmartGamer.com (Blog is effective in all locations)

Sometimes, Kmartgamer offers are only featured on CAG. Usually just due to personal bandwidth on my end. Blog offers for this week will be posted tonight to alleveate any confusion.

Important: The offers this week are instant bogo's, not coupons due to previously discussed issues we are currnetly facing with our coupon program which will be fixed soon.

:ps3:1-18 Mass Effect - Buy Mass Effect 2 PS3 and get another $59.99 game 50% off (offer valid through 2/12)
  • Will be on sale for $44.99 the week of 1/30
:ps3:1-18 Little Big Planet 2 - Buy Little Big Planet 2 PS3 and get another $59.99 game 50% off (offer valid through 2/12)

Kmart Weekly Ad: (Circulars not effective in all stores, NYC and Offshore in particular)

The only noteworthy offer this week is:

• :wii:Buy Donkey Kong Country Returns and get Epic Mickey for $19.99
Only other offer not MSRP:
  • :360::ps3:Save $10 WWE Raw 2011, more of a corproate pull together offer
Like I said previously, January sucks.

Note: Savings Coupon offers are valid in all stores

Coming Soon:

Update: Submitting Feb./Mar. offers as SYWR promotions. Will post as soon as they are approved. Coupons may have temporary fix before then, if so, we'll go back to them instead of SYWR's. At the end of Mar. the coupon issue will be fixed and we'll go back to normal.
  • :360::ps3:1-25 Dead Space 2 Free 1600 XBLA Points or $20 PSN for Free
    • We show positive instock on the cards but if you run into an issue just let me know and I'll work with you.
    • Offer valid from 1/25 through 1-29
    • In many cases the points/PSN cards are located in the Gift Card rack near the front of the store by mistake.
  • :360::ps3:1-25 Two Worlds II (PS3 Version Delayed by a few days, will not ship until Friday)
    • 1-30 through 2-5, Two Worlds II will be on sale for $39.99
    • CAG only special, will not be featured on the blog
  • :wii:2-6 Mario Sports Mix TBD
  • :360::ps3: 2-8 Test Drive Unlimited 2 TBD
  • :360::ps3: 2-15 Marvel vs. Capcom 3 TBD
  • :360::ps3: 2-15 Nascar 2011 TBD
  • :360::ps3::wii: 2-15 Lego Star Wars III: The Clone Wars TBD
  • :360::ps3: 2-22 Bulletstorm TBD
  • :360::ps3: 2-22 Driver: San Francisco TBD
  • :360::ps3::wii: 2-22 De Blob: The Underground TBD
*This list is not comprehensive of every promotion that may be coming and release dates are subject to change.

Customer Questions/Comments:

General Feedback, Promotional Ideas or Anything Else :cool:

SHC-Gamer - Josh Deane [email protected]

Important: If a coupon did not print or you did not receive the value of the promotion due to a store issue I will compensate the difference. I only need the following (Please copy and paste the format below for quicker service):

• Name ____________________
  • Phone Number ____________________
  • Mailing Address ____________________
  • Receipt Number ____________________
  • Short description of incident (a novel, though enjoyed, is not required :) )
Gift cards issued usually take 7-10 days to arrive once confirmed.

CE or Specal Inventory Requests:
Email Stockboy at [email protected]

• Game ____________________
  • Platform __________________
  • Store Address _____________

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey what is the SKU for the sly collection my 2 kmarts in roseville ca keeps saying they have never heard of it. But honestly they are a HUGE mess all the time.

did anyone pick up splatter house? and if i go pick it up tonight will i still get a $30 coupon even if i dont use a sywr card? also is the game anygood

Had a bit of a problem at Kmart, I and the cashier thought there was a $25 coupon to be printed out with purchase of GT5. Cashier was sure of the deal, and after the purchase we both kind of sat their, awkwardly waiting for it.

Since it didn't come out, I went to the customer service to return it and then rebuy tomorrow when the $15 deal was up. I used a coupon, so if I went through with the return I would have lost it.

Sent an email, hopefully it gets settled out. Everyone there was super nice though, I don't mean to make them out to be the bad guys if that's how it came out.

[quote name='thegreek']Has SHC helped anyone get the second $10 on DKCR??[/QUOTE]
Damn. I thought this was happening. I've been on black out since Tuesday, but didn't get both coupons when I picked up a copy for my nephew.

I picked this up at a K-mart in Knoxville along with NFS and NBA Jam. The receipt showed that I had 3 promos, but i only got 2 coupons ($10 & $20).

I assumed one of them went onto my SYWR card or something- guess i was wrong.

I managed to get all of the games I was looking for the past 2 weeks this weekend- after dealing with 5 seperate K-marts (1 in memphis, 3 in Knoxville, and a phone call to a 5th).

Most of the stores gave me the "if it isn't in the case, we don't have it" line- but some were helpful. I never found a K-mart that had all 4 of the titles I was looking for, but it wasn't a big deal since i managed to piece it together- i enjoyed the reason to get away from my in-laws.

The highlight of the weekend was the guy at the Manardville K-mart that disappeared into the back for 15 minutes to get my the new GT5- only to return with a stack of prologues. When i told him it was the wrong game, he proceeded to "remember" that they had a case of that game- but were told to send it back to the manufacturer earlier in the week. It really cracked me up.

[quote name='Remeard']Had a bit of a problem at Kmart, I and the cashier thought there was a $25 coupon to be printed out with purchase of GT5. Cashier was sure of the deal, and after the purchase we both kind of sat their, awkwardly waiting for it.

Since it didn't come out, I went to the customer service to return it and then rebuy tomorrow when the $15 deal was up. I used a coupon, so if I went through with the return I would have lost it.

Sent an email, hopefully it gets settled out. Everyone there was super nice though, I don't mean to make them out to be the bad guys if that's how it came out.[/QUOTE]

you need to use your rewards card

[quote name='Rodster']I could be wrong but any coupons applied to your Wii transaction are non refundable. I ran into a similar situation with Amazon where I used a $40 promotional coupon towards a preorder. I wanted to cancel it and they said no problem but I wouldn't get my $40 promo coupon back.

I think you will fall into the same situation.[/QUOTE]
That's not what I'm asking about.

What I want to know is how much I'd be refunded out of the $214 the Wii was after tax. I know I don't get the $20 coupon back and would forfeit the $40 coupon I got for buying it with DKC:R.

If I was only going to get the purchase price of the Wii ($214), minus the $20 coupon (so a total of $194), then that wouldn't really be worth it to return it. It would make more sense for the return to be $214 - $10 (1/2 of the coupon's value, since I bought 2 things that transaction), so $204 total.

I might not even return it. I'm still on the fence about Goldeneye, plus the bundle was just $45 or whatever at Buy.com. That makes Amazon's deal not as great.

I have 2 Kmarts within 5 minutes of me. The one looks like it was looted all the time so I never go there. The other one is a Super K and the place is immaculate. The videogame section is in perfect order all the time and the employees actually know about the coupons. They did admit that they know very little that came from customers. The guy asked me to explain it. I told him everything I know which is funny.

He also mentioned that the manager was willing to override the coupons activation date so you could use them right away if you wanted. He said someone bitched. I didn't do it but at least they are helping the customers.

I plan on going back this week for Golden Sun and since they had copies of Dragon Quest V DS.

When you go to a store like that it seems everything is fine. Had I gone to the other Kmart I probably would have had problems and just not returned to Kmart again. It's a shame it happens that way.

So I have a couple gaming coupons that are going to expire this month and there aren't any other games I want to get. I was hoping to use them for XBOX Live Points cards or PSN Points cards, but my store says they haven't had any for MONTHS.

Anyone know what the deal is? Is it just my store or is this a nationwide thing?

This is the Beaverton, OR store if it matters.

Hm might pick up Golden Sun and Dragon Quest 9.Will get both for $37.5 with a $10 gaming coupon.I wil use the $15 coupon from Epic Mickey Making Golden Sun $20 then half off DQ9 17.5 so I walk out with a $10 gaming coupon and $37.5 out of my pocket for 2 awesome games.

I went to Kmart to make some returns and passed by the video game section. I was surprised that they already had Golden Sun in the glass case. I was hoping that they also had Epic Mickey but they didn't. I went to the car to get an Epic Mickey coupon but then I realized that the coupon isn't active until tomorrow. I wonder if they'll sell Golden Sun to me tomorrow since it isn't supposed to be released until the 29th?

[quote name='LordVila']
Dear Lord baby Jesus, lyin' there in your ghost manger, just lookin' at your Baby Einstein developmental videos, learnin' 'bout shapes and colors. I would like for your assistance in making my trip to Kmart on the Lord's day as painless as possible. Please help them with your baby Jesus powers to make my coming into their store and requesting the game case to be opened as painless as possible for them. Dear Lord baby Jesus I know several of these poor souls in the blue vests suffer from the influence of the Devil upon their joints and making the trip from their various hiding spots to the presence of a customer takes a great physical toll upon them so I beg of you please aid them in this struggle. Dear Lord baby Jesus I also beg of you to help them through your mercy gain the wisdom to master the alphabet. Only through your grace and help can they master the alphabet and know the proper order in which video games should be placed on a shelf.

In your name we pray, Amen.
[/QUOTE]
Nice. ha

[quote name='LordVila']Dear Lord baby Jesus, lyin' there in your ghost manger, just lookin' at your Baby Einstein developmental videos, learnin' 'bout shapes and colors. I would like for your assistance in making my trip to Kmart on the Lord's day as painless as possible. Please help them with your baby Jesus powers to make my coming into their store and requesting the game case to be opened as painless as possible for them. Dear Lord baby Jesus I know several of these poor souls in the blue vests suffer from the influence of the Devil upon their joints and making the trip from their various hiding spots to the presence of a customer takes a great physical toll upon them so I beg of you please aid them in this struggle. Dear Lord baby Jesus I also beg of you to help them through your mercy gain the wisdom to master the alphabet. Only through your grace and help can they master the alphabet and know the proper order in which video games should be placed on a shelf.

In your name we pray, Amen.[/QUOTE]

:lol: I re-watched Talledega Nights yesterday too. Eight pound six ounce Baby Jesus is the best version.

[quote name='emg28']I went to Kmart to make some returns and passed by the video game section. I was surprised that they already had Golden Sun in the glass case. I was hoping that they also had Epic Mickey but they didn't. I went to the car to get an Epic Mickey coupon but then I realized that the coupon isn't active until tomorrow. I wonder if they'll sell Golden Sun to me tomorrow since it isn't supposed to be released until the 29th?[/QUOTE]

I think games are street dated in the registers so they won't be able to be sold. I could be wrong though & maybe it varies?

[quote name='sgaldis']Any new sales for tomorrow? I'd love to see a few tasty titles drop to $39.99 and come with the coupon.[/QUOTE]

If only my Kmart had copies of Dragon Quest Hand of the Heavenly Bride instead of Chapters of the Chosen.

[quote name='Dranakin']Still trying to decide if I should pick up Gran Turismo 5 today...3 more hours until Kmart closes![/QUOTE]
Awesome game if you like to drive in real life. Especially if you liked the previous Gran Turismos. Lots to tweak, lots of physics, game of the year for me easily. It saved me from my Black Ops burnout. Great for autocrossers and enthusiasts, it does have a steep learning curve if you've never tried to drive with a controller but the license tests help and the cars are way more responsive and realistic than previously available.

[quote name='Mad39er']Awesome game if you like to drive in real life. Especially if you liked the previous Gran Turismos. Lots to tweak, lots of physics, game of the year for me easily. It saved me from my Black Ops burnout. Great for autocrossers and enthusiasts, it does have a steep learning curve if you've never tried to drive with a controller but the license tests help and the cars are way more responsive and realistic than previously available.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I'm new to racing games. Just picked up NFS:HP and am a big fan. Just trying to see if a game with more depth and simulation would fit my tastes.

:ps3: Playstation 3 160GB Bundle (Includes, Uncharted 2, Karate Kid Blu-Ray, PSN Voucher for Shooter, + $25 gaming coupon) for $299.99 ($109 value)

Did anyone have any luck getting one of these bundles? I checked 4 different KMarts and each one claimed they never got these bundles in and only had the regular 160GB in stock.

I tried an advanced search for 'ps3 bundle' among the past week's posts and it kept timing out.

Holy crap, checking out Kmart.com to get some ideas of the Wii and DS games I could buy to get a $15 coupon gives you a shocker. The $50 Wii games are cluttered with a bunch of shovelware that's $10-15 elsewhere new (if you can even find it new) or as cheap as $5 used.

Josh, if you have any control over the website, feel free to try and drop some of those prices. Alien Syndrome for $50 new? WTF?

[quote name='o0achilles0o']So I have a couple gaming coupons that are going to expire this month and there aren't any other games I want to get. I was hoping to use them for XBOX Live Points cards or PSN Points cards, but my store says they haven't had any for MONTHS.

Anyone know what the deal is? Is it just my store or is this a nationwide thing?

This is the Beaverton, OR store if it matters.[/QUOTE]

The stores need to order these on their own by placing a call to Blackhawk, which is the company that supplies the gift cards, including Xbox Live, Xbox Points and PSN Points cards. Having said that, if you want to venture out to the Oregon City location I can get you any of those as I just ordered some 1600 Xbox Points cards a few weeks back and am well stocked on it and everything else you mentioned.

Reconsidering Epic Mickey after hearing about the control and camera issues from a couple reviews. Only problem is I have almost nothing left to use my $65 in coupons on so I'll probably pick it up anyway for $5 after coupons and hope for a sale on GT5 sometime in December.

[quote name='Altanis']The points cards are handled by a separate entity, according to SHC. That would be the reason for the lack of stock.[/QUOTE]

True, but stores are responsible for ordering these products through them. The entire process is rather painless and takes very little time but Im guessing with the turnover in stores there are many employees who just dont know this so a friendly reminder sent to the stores might help in some situations.

[quote name='robowler']:ps3: Playstation 3 160GB Bundle (Includes, Uncharted 2, Karate Kid Blu-Ray, PSN Voucher for Shooter, + $25 gaming coupon) for $299.99 ($109 value)

Did anyone have any luck getting one of these bundles? I checked 4 different KMarts and each one claimed they never got these bundles in and only had the regular 160GB in stock.

I tried an advanced search for 'ps3 bundle' among the past week's posts and it kept timing out.[/QUOTE]

Yes, we did get them at my store and still have stock on them as of 1:30 when I went home for the day. They are out there but like any holiday bundle, its pretty limited Im sure.

Wow i called shop your way rewards people again today because my wii and black ops points still havent applied since 11/7 and 11/9. Now they saying it might not show until middle of december WTFFF??? But yet i bought GT5 3 days ago and those applied instantly. this is really pissing me off.

Hey, quick question about using coupons... I know the amount of the coupon can't be greater than the game price (right?), but can you round out the amount by adding something that is non-gaming?

I think I'm going to be in a situation tomorrow where my order is low by 2 cents, LOL. Suggestions?

[quote name='o0achilles0o']So I have a couple gaming coupons that are going to expire this month and there aren't any other games I want to get. I was hoping to use them for XBOX Live Points cards or PSN Points cards, but my store says they haven't had any for MONTHS.

This is the Beaverton, OR store if it matters.[/QUOTE]

If you don't mind driving to the one in portland proper on 122 and sandy, they generally are well stocked on psn cards. or, conversely, if you want to mail me your coupons and trust me to mail the cards to you, i'd do that since i'm there weekly and the mail would be super fast turn around since we're so close. i've driven out to ikea for internet people before so kmart would be a walk in the park.

[quote name='ShockandAww']Yes you will. The original price of the game needs to be $39.99 or more. Josh answered that a week or 2 ago somewhere.[/QUOTE]
Awesome, this is great news. Finally I will pick up Green Day Rock Band!

shc gamer, i gotta post this up here, as i can't find a way to pm you...
(believe me i tried...)
anywho, i went to the torrance store in southern cali tonight, and the jamacain lady in electronics was not only very grumpy (i expected that after the weekend's toll on retail employees everywhere) but uninteligible...
i couldn't make out half of what she said...
and i got in on the reach & fable deal, but got no coupons...
i used a coupon on each of the games, and i could have sworn she said something like, "oh, ma' lowdi thall ay' come akinay wit' than coupins' and senbes'" (i think, that's my memory of it)
which i had to hold in laughter for and snickered innerly;
just as i get home, it occurs to me that some of her grumblings might have been about having a sywr card, and i'm looking at this thread again and realized that since no coupon's printed, and i do have the sywr card ( i had some problems with initiating that, but that's unrelated, as apparently someone didn't enter my info correctly, or my it didn't like my number/email, & had to go back to straighten that out)
help?
i can provide receipts/more details/rewards card if you need it...
pre-emptive thanks, i've been spending more with you guys than i care to count, lol...

[quote name='Mad39er']Awesome game if you like to drive in real life. Especially if you liked the previous Gran Turismos. Lots to tweak, lots of physics, game of the year for me easily. It saved me from my Black Ops burnout. Great for autocrossers and enthusiasts, it does have a steep learning curve if you've never tried to drive with a controller but the license tests help and the cars are way more responsive and realistic than previously available.[/QUOTE]

GT5 purchase was a no brainer for me, too. I'll happily pay $60 even though it certainly has it's flaws.

OT: As a professional motor sports driver and instructor there are just some things lacking (tuning options are sub par for GT).. and other things are just plain wrong. Hopefully it'll be fixed with a patch or two. Still doesn't stop me from giving it the nod. Worth every penny.

Hopefully the person asking about it picked it up and is enjoying it right now.

I must have pissed off the gods of coupon again since I bought GT5 and scanned my Sywr card but no $15 coupon printed. Maybe I should stop shopping early on Sundays if I want to get things rung up properly. This ruins my plans to get a Kinect game for $10 next week with coupons and the make good gift card from DKCR. Also the employees weren't particularly pleasant but that's to be expected. At least I got GT for $37 after tax today. BTW I went in when the store opened at 8 so the offer should have been active.

Hmmm....no mention of a $30 coupon with Epic Mickey Collector's Edition in the weekly ad or on their website. I was really wanting to pick that one up. Apparently, the CE does qualify for the $15 coupon, like all titles over $39.99, but that's it.

[quote name='beene1000']Hmmm....no mention of a $30 coupon with Epic Mickey Collector's Edition in the weekly ad or on their website. I was really wanting to pick that one up. Apparently, the CE does qualify for the $15 coupon, like all titles over $39.99, but that's it.[/QUOTE]

Is the $15 coupon with every $39.99+ game specifically mentioned?

[quote name='beene1000']Hmmm....no mention of a $30 coupon with Epic Mickey Collector's Edition in the weekly ad or on their website. I was really wanting to pick that one up. Apparently, the CE does qualify for the $15 coupon, like all titles over $39.99, but that's it.[/QUOTE]

Give Josh time (Monday when he is at work) to either confirm it here or make a post on the website. He probably just hasn't made the post yet.

suck

11-29 Golden Sun Dark Dawn $10 gaming coupon
Circular offer: 50% off Dragon Quest IX with purchase of GSDD

Even though the kmart flyer says

DEC 1 to DEC 6 ONLY

So it looks like an MSRP-fest for K-mart this week (save for the Golden Sun/Dragon Quest deal)...Was hoping for a nice sale to coincide with the $15 coupon on software $39.99 and over.

Trying to decide if using my 2 Epic Mickey promo coupons is better this week or next. Anyone know if next weeks offers might be better? The coupon train is sort of dry but I would bite on the right sale (lets say Fable III for $34.99 or something like that) combined with my $15 coupon.

I've got the same issue; got a stack of Epic Mickey coupons, but not much I want to spend it on. I guess I might try to track down some older titles, like DQ V, and MPT.

Repost of question -- leaving soon!

I know the amount of the coupon can't be greater than the game price (right?), but can you round out the amount by adding something that is non-gaming?

I think I'm going to be in a situation today where my order is low by 2 cents, LOL. Suggestions?

[quote name='coldwine']Repost of question -- leaving soon!

I know the amount of the coupon can't be greater than the game price (right?), but can you round out the amount by adding something that is non-gaming?

I think I'm going to be in a situation today where my order is low by 2 cents, LOL. Suggestions?[/QUOTE]

No it has to be gaming related. Try to find a clearance accessory or something.

I'm officially going back to treating Kmart like a red-headed stepchild!! I can't believe I actually went into a few of these stores!! Please Amazon take me back, I promise I will never stray again....

[quote name='coldwine']Repost of question -- leaving soon!

I think I'm going to be in a situation today where my order is low by 2 cents, LOL. Suggestions?[/QUOTE]

Gotta be a gaming related item. There's little sonic figures in the game section that I bet would qualify (since they're stored with electronics), they're $5.99. Grab Knuckles, he's awesome. Or Shadow.

Oh snap..So you guys are getting the paintbrush in store?

I might just get the regular edition instead and get the paintbrush with it. So with my $20 coupon, it would be 35.xx for the game+brush. Sounds good.

I saw the paintbrush (three of them) a few days before Black Friday.. I went back on Black Friday, and they were gone. They're going fast!

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back