Kmartgamer

Status
Not open for further replies.

SHC-Gamer

Official Representative
www.KmartGamer.com (Blog is effective in all locations)

Sometimes, Kmartgamer offers are only featured on CAG. Usually just due to personal bandwidth on my end. Blog offers for this week will be posted tonight to alleveate any confusion.

Important: The offers this week are instant bogo's, not coupons due to previously discussed issues we are currnetly facing with our coupon program which will be fixed soon.

:ps3:1-18 Mass Effect - Buy Mass Effect 2 PS3 and get another $59.99 game 50% off (offer valid through 2/12)
  • Will be on sale for $44.99 the week of 1/30
:ps3:1-18 Little Big Planet 2 - Buy Little Big Planet 2 PS3 and get another $59.99 game 50% off (offer valid through 2/12)

Kmart Weekly Ad: (Circulars not effective in all stores, NYC and Offshore in particular)

The only noteworthy offer this week is:

• :wii:Buy Donkey Kong Country Returns and get Epic Mickey for $19.99
Only other offer not MSRP:
  • :360::ps3:Save $10 WWE Raw 2011, more of a corproate pull together offer
Like I said previously, January sucks.

Note: Savings Coupon offers are valid in all stores

Coming Soon:

Update: Submitting Feb./Mar. offers as SYWR promotions. Will post as soon as they are approved. Coupons may have temporary fix before then, if so, we'll go back to them instead of SYWR's. At the end of Mar. the coupon issue will be fixed and we'll go back to normal.
  • :360::ps3:1-25 Dead Space 2 Free 1600 XBLA Points or $20 PSN for Free
    • We show positive instock on the cards but if you run into an issue just let me know and I'll work with you.
    • Offer valid from 1/25 through 1-29
    • In many cases the points/PSN cards are located in the Gift Card rack near the front of the store by mistake.
  • :360::ps3:1-25 Two Worlds II (PS3 Version Delayed by a few days, will not ship until Friday)
    • 1-30 through 2-5, Two Worlds II will be on sale for $39.99
    • CAG only special, will not be featured on the blog
  • :wii:2-6 Mario Sports Mix TBD
  • :360::ps3: 2-8 Test Drive Unlimited 2 TBD
  • :360::ps3: 2-15 Marvel vs. Capcom 3 TBD
  • :360::ps3: 2-15 Nascar 2011 TBD
  • :360::ps3::wii: 2-15 Lego Star Wars III: The Clone Wars TBD
  • :360::ps3: 2-22 Bulletstorm TBD
  • :360::ps3: 2-22 Driver: San Francisco TBD
  • :360::ps3::wii: 2-22 De Blob: The Underground TBD
*This list is not comprehensive of every promotion that may be coming and release dates are subject to change.

Customer Questions/Comments:

General Feedback, Promotional Ideas or Anything Else :cool:

SHC-Gamer - Josh Deane [email protected]

Important: If a coupon did not print or you did not receive the value of the promotion due to a store issue I will compensate the difference. I only need the following (Please copy and paste the format below for quicker service):

• Name ____________________
  • Phone Number ____________________
  • Mailing Address ____________________
  • Receipt Number ____________________
  • Short description of incident (a novel, though enjoyed, is not required :) )
Gift cards issued usually take 7-10 days to arrive once confirmed.

CE or Specal Inventory Requests:
Email Stockboy at [email protected]

• Game ____________________
  • Platform __________________
  • Store Address _____________

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Rig']
May have to see if Alan Wake is clearanced at the local store (and for how much). I've been wanting to get that.
[/QUOTE]

Just picked up AW for $29.99 before coupons. Great game.

Does anyone know the expiration date on the $20 coupon from the Move Bundle? I might be getting the game for Christmas and i need to know if the coupon expires BEFORE christmas Xo

[quote name='kitm9891']I might catch flack for this but I really dont understand posts like this. I seriously doubt anyone cares that you PM'd the deal at Target so it works to do nothing but throw it in Josh's face that while you love the deals hes putting out there, you dont love them enough to actually support him and instead basically use the deals against him by price matching them at a competitor. Youre entitled to do what you want with your money, obviously, but the need to post about it in here makes absolutely zero sense to me.[/QUOTE]

:applause: Couldn't agree more! I was thinking the same thing when the same person was pimping Amazon just yesterday...

[quote name='Z(+)DIAC']Is there a reason a majority of these games aren't being offered on Kmart's website? Seems strange considering the company's holdings website catalog...

In the meantime, I guess I'll just keep lobbying Amazon for a pricematch (I'd suggest others do the same).[/QUOTE]

[quote name='adamical']So I'm assuming that the $10 off Sony Greatest Hits are only on the actual GH versions of games, and not the regular versions?

I'm kicking myself for grabbing Resistance and Motorstorm last week for $30 each, but they didn't have the GH versions anyway, and I got the $15 software coupon, so I'm really only out an extra $5.[/QUOTE]

It does work on regular versions. I bought Killzone 2 and infamous this week.

[quote name='ColdBrew']So it says save $10, does that mean it is $10 off retail? As in I can pick up Resistance: Fall of Man for $10? Or is the save $10 a gaming coupon?[/QUOTE]

Ahhh I was thinking that game was $20 retail. I was wrong but Amazon has it for $20 right now...

[quote name='salty tbone']It does work on regular versions. I bought Killzone 2 and infamous this week.[/QUOTE]

That's good to know.

inFamous is an amazing game, btw. I just beat it last week and am now trying to collect all the shards.

[quote name='kitm9891']I might catch flack for this but I really dont understand posts like this. I seriously doubt anyone cares that you PM'd the deal at Target so it works to do nothing but throw it in Josh's face that while you love the deals hes putting out there, you dont love them enough to actually support him and instead basically use the deals against him by price matching them at a competitor. Youre entitled to do what you want with your money, obviously, but the need to post about it in here makes absolutely zero sense to me.[/QUOTE]

That's fine. I just wanted to inform users that if their Kmart doesn't have stock, that they could quite easily PM to Target or any other competitor in their area. It's not my fault my local stores won't carry enough stock of particular games - maybe the Kmart team can look into this issue?

[quote name='Dynamic3']Gonna stop there after work. Can you fill me in on the restrictions of the coupon that comes with WoW:C. Thanks.[/QUOTE]

Standard $15 gaming coupon. No restrictions like the $15 one from last week. Good 12/12/10 thru 1/22/11.

It's probably been said in the last several pages, but it's not specifically called out on the front page so I'll ask here:

Are accessories 20% off in-store as well as online this week? I know they're 20% off online. Don't know about in-store.

I picked up Cataclysm today and got the $15 gaming coupon fine. I paid $5.43 for that and Nier after coupons.

Sadly, the Kmart closest to me (literally 3 minutes away) has decided to never stock new games for weeks at a time outside of Epic Mickey. They were so good about being on top of things for the first few months of these deals, but now they are completely useless. Whats worse is that there are usually several workers floating around the electronic store, but none willing to help you. They just refer you to lady working the cash register with about 1314 people always in line (most aren't even in line buying electronic goods, wtf?). They could just as easily open up the extra registers in the area, but instead they enjoy watching whats being played on television.

As usual, my nearest K-mart didn't have what I was looking for on release day. The electronics guy looked high and low for Cataclysm, but to no avail.

I'm now 0 for 3 on release day at the Braddock Ave. K-mart in Pittsburgh.

[quote name='rydawg25']It's probably been said in the last several pages, but it's not specifically called out on the front page so I'll ask here:

Are accessories 20% off in-store as well as online this week? I know they're 20% off online. Don't know about in-store.[/QUOTE]

Was told it was online only. Wished it was in store so I can use some my coupons on the turtle beach PX21 headset. I been waiting to see if they ever go on sale before my coupons expire next month.

[quote name='ninja dog']lol:
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=415183[/QUOTE]

jeffgordonmeme04.jpg

I picked up Nier today using a $15 coupon, because I was told that I must BUY THIS GAME!!! I'm very easily influenced by exclamation points.

[quote name='chriscolbert']It's been mentioned countless times, but I know this thread is huge and I'll assume you were unaware of the search function. :D

$10 coupon with purchase.[/QUOTE]

I saw the speculation, but didn't see that as an "official" final confirmed deal yet and other threads are speculating that stores are getting less than their originally anticipated allocation. Just trying to be sure because I'm waiting for Josh's deal rather than pre-ordering somewhere else.

[quote name='SHC-Gamer']Yes, we have a $10 coupon with the Game.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='soonersfan60']I saw the speculation, but didn't see that as an "official" final confirmed deal yet and other threads are speculating that stores are getting less than their originally anticipated allocation. Just trying to be sure because I'm waiting for Josh's deal rather than pre-ordering somewhere else.[/QUOTE]

Like he said, it's been mentioned. ;)

[quote name='dino88']I picked up Nier today using a $15 coupon, because I was told that I must BUY THIS GAME!!! I'm very easily influenced by exclamation points.[/QUOTE]
Send me all of your money!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
:bouncy:

Just picked up TRON for PS3. Used $45 in coupons and shelled out $15.xx cash.

Games for today weren't out and were still in the box marked 12-7-10. The nice lady and I bullshit for a while and I was on my way. She was embarrassed that the game(s) weren't out for today as she knows that I know, etc..

Overall another good visit. Sad though that others may have wanted to buy games that weren't easy to find..

I haven't been following this thread too closely lately, so forgive me if this is old news, but it seems Kmart has been restocking Wii point cards for the holidays. These have been a rare item in recent months, but they were on shelf this week at 2 different stores I visited.

I dont know if this info makes a difference at this point but we did receive a box of the Mario All-Stars Wii game today so they should be in store in plenty of time for the sale on Sunday. My store only received 8-10 copies, however we arent exactly a high volume store so Im sure there are other stores out there that will get more then that.

Any chance that the 15 dollar credit from K-Mart could be used to buy a WoW gamecard? Or does that count as a "gift card"?

My local KMart was sold out of Cataclysm by the time I rolled in at 7:30. Guess I'll be making a trek to the 2nd closest after work today.

After doing some calling around, there are no Kmarts anywhere remotely close to me that have the Rock Band keyboard. And with some of my coupons expiring on Saturday night, I will just abandon buying that for now. Maybe I will pick one up at the BX if they have it. More MS point cards for me I guess with my coupons for now.

i missed out on the nba jam deal last week. i picked it up yesterday and used $20 in coupons. the cashier was less than friendly during the transaction. she tried to tell me i couldn't use two coupons. i pointed out that the coupons specifically say they can be used with other coupons and have different barcodes. she didn't say anything and continued to ring me up. and this was after i waited for someone with keys to show up. and then after i waited for the cashier to set up the register.
it was a less than pleasant experience, but i got what i went in for.

no go. While the Prince of Persia clone platforming can be fine if you are a fan, the combat is brutal. Not fun and extremely difficult when you are fighting many enemies at once, which happens often.

[quote name='DonWii']no go. While the Prince of Persia clone platforming can be fine if you are a fan, the combat is brutal. Not fun and extremely difficult when you are fighting many enemies at once, which happens often.[/QUOTE]

Thanks. I'd pretty much decided not to get it based on a few descriptions of it being "AC/PoP without the intuition", and that just sounded frustrating beyond belief.

I decided to end my coupon train last night in MS points. With zero future deals listed in the first post, it's not easy anymore to plan my coupon use ahead (I know there aren't many new releases coming up, but the Super Mario Brothers coupon for next week isn't listed at all in the first post).

It was great fun, plus completely infuriating. I had a blast with the coupons, but hated dealing with the stores stocking new releases. Thanks to Josh and Stock Boy for their work.

Question: For all those who are talking about getting off the train, do you plan on getting back on next year?

With such a huge backlog, I hope to hop off by the end of January. Probably won't even consider visiting the station until Summer. I have never bought these many games during their release window in my life.

Thanks again Josh, Stock Boy, and crew.

[quote name='DonWii']Question: For all those who are talking about getting off the train, do you plan on getting back on next year?
[/QUOTE]

It would take a monumental coupon deal to get me back on the train. I actually have to go out of my way to get to kmart so it's not that convenient.

edit: ironically i just got this email from kmart regarding the broken request points function on the site a few days ago. 5 days later and this is the response i got from them, check the formatting... stellar.)

kmartorsears.jpg

[quote name='DonWii']Question: For all those who are talking about getting off the train, do you plan on getting back on next year?

With such a huge backlog, I hope to hop off by the end of January. Probably won't even consider visiting the station until Summer. I have never bought these many games during their release window in my life.

Thanks again Josh, Stock Boy, and crew.[/QUOTE]

I had a 20 dollar coupon I used to get a 20 dollar psn card. I doubt ill bother getting new releases for a long time due to my black Friday backlog. I will just get cheap stuff after prices drop normally and clearance stuff until the backlog clears up some.....assuming that even happens by next black Friday and that's a big assumption with me2, fallout 3, borderlands, alan wake, little kings story, the force unleashed 1,a bunch of downloadable games, more cheap downloadable games coming this month, more clearance games in the coming year. I just don't see the point in spending 60 on a new game when I have a backlog and any such new game will be cheaper in 6-12 months anyway. Btw, that 20 dollar psn card got me uno and the tank game for 1 dollar each on psn so how's that for using your coupon wisely for games? Don't forget later this month, xbl will be having some good sales. I wonder if they will have some 2 dollar games like on black Friday?

Totally! I can't wait for the next batch of new games to come in. January 2010 are you READY for my wallet?!

Backlog is growing but its manageable.

I'm jumping off officially at Mario All-Stars (I ordered a copy from amazon, just in case- I'll pass it along to my nephew if i get both) by picking up some PSN cards or an accessory or something.

I trade in games pretty regularly- and my amazon credit is paying for my primary January releases. It looks like a small but dangerous list of releases are scheduled for February. Things I'd normally pick up if there wasn't anything else coming out- but packed together tightly, I'm going to have to try to kep my brain distracted. (Duke Forever, MvC3, BulletStorm, etc etc)

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='DonWii']Question: For all those who are talking about getting off the train, do you plan on getting back on next year?[/QUOTE]

I haven't decided yet. The main reason I jumped off is because there are no upcoming deals listed in the first post, so that changing back to the way it used to be presented would be a requirement for me to start it up again.

The list of upcoming coupons helped to plan ahead on games that I want. But I think more importantly to KMart, it had me add purchases that I never would have gone for if the coupon train didn't exist. For example, I bought Enslaved solely to bridge a gap between new releases that I planned on getting (and I really enjoyed it). Vanquish was another one of these "I never would have bought that game" purchase.

There used to be a huge list of upcoming coupons in the first post. Now there are zero, even though we know that there some coupon deals coming up. I'm not sure why it changed, but I hope it comes back.

[quote name='Toomuchboost']All kmarts will have Mario all stars?[/QUOTE]

Im sure they will but quantities might be a little low in some lower volume stores I would imagine.

I'm trying to get off the train, and I'll officially be off it as soon as I spend the $10 from SMAS. It's likely going to end up either as the basis of a clearance bin pickup, or maybe an accessory. Not really sure.

That said, if the lineup once again looks as great as this one (Kirby, DK, Mickey, SMAS, etc) in a fashion that allows me to coupon train some things together, maybe. Timing on this coupon train was just awesome though, since I was able to pick up all of those games on release week when I happened to be driving past multiple Kmarts and had backups if the first one or two fell through.

[quote name='bzchanboy']January 2010 are you READY for my wallet?![/QUOTE]

We'll have to go back in time to correctly answer that question.

If I could find a copy of NFS:HP I would get off the train today! So far no luck. And nothing else I want until January and the coups will be expired by then.

[quote name='DonWii']Question: For all those who are talking about getting off the train, do you plan on getting back on next year?[/QUOTE]

I'm down to one $10 coupon that I'll be using on Super Mario All- Stars. I'll use the $10 coupon from SMAS on a MS point card and then that's it (unless we get a good deal while the coupon is valid). I do plan on getting back on in Jan/Feb. I currently have just under $11 in SYWR points that I'm saving to soften the blow when I get back on. I guess the $11 means that I've spent close to $1100 at Kmart since this started. O_O

I first started chaining coupons with SMG2 and that was because I got the game, a 2000 Wii point card and a $20 coupon for $49.99. Josh would be wise to offer a similar deal to make it easier for everyone to return.

[quote name='emg28']
I first started chaining coupons with SMG2 and that was because I got the game, a 2000 Wii point card and a $20 coupon for $49.99. Josh would be wise to offer a similar deal to make it easier for everyone to return.[/QUOTE]

Wish I had known about that deal. I got it from Amazon with $20 future credit. Figured that was the best you could do on a brand new first party release. I assumed it was something like the M:OM deal where you got $20 off another; never imagined it was something that good.

My first hint of the coupons was with Other M, but I didn't start the train until Super Scribblenauts.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back