Kmartgamer

Status
Not open for further replies.

SHC-Gamer

Official Representative
www.KmartGamer.com (Blog is effective in all locations)

Sometimes, Kmartgamer offers are only featured on CAG. Usually just due to personal bandwidth on my end. Blog offers for this week will be posted tonight to alleveate any confusion.

Important: The offers this week are instant bogo's, not coupons due to previously discussed issues we are currnetly facing with our coupon program which will be fixed soon.

:ps3:1-18 Mass Effect - Buy Mass Effect 2 PS3 and get another $59.99 game 50% off (offer valid through 2/12)
  • Will be on sale for $44.99 the week of 1/30
:ps3:1-18 Little Big Planet 2 - Buy Little Big Planet 2 PS3 and get another $59.99 game 50% off (offer valid through 2/12)

Kmart Weekly Ad: (Circulars not effective in all stores, NYC and Offshore in particular)

The only noteworthy offer this week is:

• :wii:Buy Donkey Kong Country Returns and get Epic Mickey for $19.99
Only other offer not MSRP:
  • :360::ps3:Save $10 WWE Raw 2011, more of a corproate pull together offer
Like I said previously, January sucks.

Note: Savings Coupon offers are valid in all stores

Coming Soon:

Update: Submitting Feb./Mar. offers as SYWR promotions. Will post as soon as they are approved. Coupons may have temporary fix before then, if so, we'll go back to them instead of SYWR's. At the end of Mar. the coupon issue will be fixed and we'll go back to normal.
  • :360::ps3:1-25 Dead Space 2 Free 1600 XBLA Points or $20 PSN for Free
    • We show positive instock on the cards but if you run into an issue just let me know and I'll work with you.
    • Offer valid from 1/25 through 1-29
    • In many cases the points/PSN cards are located in the Gift Card rack near the front of the store by mistake.
  • :360::ps3:1-25 Two Worlds II (PS3 Version Delayed by a few days, will not ship until Friday)
    • 1-30 through 2-5, Two Worlds II will be on sale for $39.99
    • CAG only special, will not be featured on the blog
  • :wii:2-6 Mario Sports Mix TBD
  • :360::ps3: 2-8 Test Drive Unlimited 2 TBD
  • :360::ps3: 2-15 Marvel vs. Capcom 3 TBD
  • :360::ps3: 2-15 Nascar 2011 TBD
  • :360::ps3::wii: 2-15 Lego Star Wars III: The Clone Wars TBD
  • :360::ps3: 2-22 Bulletstorm TBD
  • :360::ps3: 2-22 Driver: San Francisco TBD
  • :360::ps3::wii: 2-22 De Blob: The Underground TBD
*This list is not comprehensive of every promotion that may be coming and release dates are subject to change.

Customer Questions/Comments:

General Feedback, Promotional Ideas or Anything Else :cool:

SHC-Gamer - Josh Deane [email protected]

Important: If a coupon did not print or you did not receive the value of the promotion due to a store issue I will compensate the difference. I only need the following (Please copy and paste the format below for quicker service):

• Name ____________________
  • Phone Number ____________________
  • Mailing Address ____________________
  • Receipt Number ____________________
  • Short description of incident (a novel, though enjoyed, is not required :) )
Gift cards issued usually take 7-10 days to arrive once confirmed.

CE or Specal Inventory Requests:
Email Stockboy at [email protected]

• Game ____________________
  • Platform __________________
  • Store Address _____________

Last edited by a moderator:
Ha, I didn't mean to sound negative, seriously. I was mainly kidding but it's the truth.

Kmart has saved me a ton on video games, probably more than any other store, so I appreciate it :)

[quote name='nomoregroundhogs']Seems like they're focusing on fitness related games this week, not a whole lot of deals but here they are. I've never posted these before hope I'm doing it right :)

• :wii:EA Active 2 bundle $59.99
  • :wii:Just Dance Kids $19.99
  • :wii:Gold's Gym Dance Workout $19.99
  • :wii:Just Dance 2 $29.99
  • :wii:Michael Jackson: The Experience $39.99
  • :360:Dance Central $39.99
  • :360:Your Shape Fitness Evolved $39.99
  • :360:Kinect Sports $39.99
  • :360:Biggest Loser Ultimate Workout $39.99

And the Wii system bundle, Kinect and Wii Fit Plus with balance board are featured as well but not on sale[/QUOTE]

You sure you didnt miss a part? I saw the ad a few days ago and meant to bring it home to post but forgot it and havent worked since then. Having said that, I was fairly sure there was a 10.00 off featured PS3 Greatest Hits titles as well as 10.00 off Move titles and I dont see any of those listed in your post at all.

if no add is up by the time I wake up, I will go ahead and post it for everyone. I get my sunday ads with my saturday paper. should be up around 9 am est. OR maybe my paper guy will come early and ill be able to post when i return from new years partying around 2 am est assuming im able to operate a computer at that time.

Sorry if I have missed it but wanted to find out about the gaming coupon for say Little Big Planet 2 are you only able to get it on 1-18 or will you be able to get it a few days after?

[quote name='Vegan']Josh, I know this has nothing to do with you, but maybe you're in a position to pass the word on...

I noticed that now you have to pick your preferred social media network before you can slide your credit card.

WHAT. THE. SHAQFU.

Major, MAJOR turnoff.[/QUOTE]
This. First it was the entering your billing zip code. That was pretty annoying. I'm not sure why it matters.
Then it was the "what is your preferred way of getting the weekly ads" or something. I just always hit "not sure" because quite frankly I don't care how I get the ads.
Now it's "what is your favorite social network site" or whatever.

I understand why they do it, but really, it's pretty damn annoying. I'm to the point now that whenever I go to Kmart I try to pay in cash as often as possible, just to avoid the stupid ass prompts.

[quote name='kearns710']if no add is up by the time I wake up, I will go ahead and post it for everyone. I get my sunday ads with my saturday paper. should be up around 9 am est. OR maybe my paper guy will come early and ill be able to post when i return from new years partying around 2 am est assuming im able to operate a computer at that time.[/QUOTE]
http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showpost.php?p=8018831&postcount=5877

Already been posted. Thanks for the offer though.

[quote name='Wuvein']Sorry if I have missed it but wanted to find out about the gaming coupon for say Little Big Planet 2 are you only able to get it on 1-18 or will you be able to get it a few days after?[/QUOTE]
As with every other gaming coupon, I'm going to guess that it'll be from release day until the end of the week (Saturday at close). In LBP2's case, that would be from January 18 till that Saturday (Jan 22). The dates in the OP are just the release dates of the stuff that will feature coupons.

[quote name='FINALBOSS']Enlighten as to how I troll, please.[/QUOTE]

Do you yourself consider yourself a troll? He wasn't speaking directly to you and yet you responded to the comment about being a troll.

[quote name='Altanis']This. First it was the entering your billing zip code. That was pretty annoying. I'm not sure why it matters.
Then it was the "what is your preferred way of getting the weekly ads" or something. I just always hit "not sure" because quite frankly I don't care how I get the ads.
Now it's "what is your favorite social network site" or whatever. [/QUOTE]

Having to enter the zip code can be a way to do an extra verify check of your credit card but I am not sure if Kmart is using it in this way. Next time I have to check by putting on the wrong zip code associated to my card and see if it is declined.

I saw this for the first time this past week and I was not thrilled to have to answer my social media preference. I just choose undecided.

[quote name='groundskeeper']Having to enter the zip code can be a way to do an extra verify check of your credit card but I am not sure if Kmart is using it in this way. Next time I have to check by putting on the wrong zip code associated to my card and see if it is declined.

I saw this for the first time this past week and I was not thrilled to have to answer my social media preference. I just choose undecided.[/QUOTE]

I take nobody knows you can hit the red cancel button to skip entering your zip code or to skip any of those questions.

[quote name='thegoodshepherd']Happy New Year to all !!!! Does anyone know the sales starting tomorrow (1/2/11)[/QUOTE]

• :wii:EA Active 2 bundle $59.99
  • :wii:Just Dance Kids $19.99
  • :wii:Gold's Gym Dance Workout $19.99
  • :wii:Just Dance 2 $29.99
  • :wii:Michael Jackson: The Experience $39.99
  • :360:Dance Central $39.99
  • :360:Your Shape Fitness Evolved $39.99
  • :360:Kinect Sports $39.99
  • :360:Biggest Loser Ultimate Workout $39.99

And the Wii system bundle, Kinect and Wii Fit Plus with balance board are featured as well but not on sale

[quote name='noone13']I take nobody knows you can hit the red cancel button to skip entering your zip code or to skip any of those questions.[/QUOTE]

I was just about to post that. I don't mind the zip code request, but beyond that is too much.

[quote name='groundskeeper']Having to enter the zip code can be a way to do an extra verify check of your credit card but I am not sure if Kmart is using it in this way. Next time I have to check by putting on the wrong zip code associated to my card and see if it is declined.[/QUOTE]
I don't think it's a verification thing. First time I put in the zip code of an address that's not associated with any cards of mine and it still went through. At first I thought it asked for the zip code I was in (and was confused why it asked really). The next time I did it I noticed it said billing zip code.
It might have changed now. It might just be an extra verification step. A lot of people that steal credit cards might not get the zip code right and be denied the transaction. Who knows. Like with a bunch of other things that Kmart does: Only Kmart's higher-ups really know what the hell a lot of their actions are for.

[quote name='thegoodshepherd']Happy New Year to all !!!! Does anyone know the sales starting tomorrow (1/2/11)[/QUOTE]
Try reading the thread. SIX POSTS before yours I linked to a post that contained the information you're looking for.

[quote name='gettinmoney662']Oh nooo, they're "making" me take five seconds to answer a survey question!!! What a travesty!!![/QUOTE]
That isn't the point. It's more the fact that it's stupid and that Kmart is literally the ONLY retailer I've ever been asked for my zip code before swiping a card or asked which social network I preferred.

I understand why they do it. It's to see how much of their business is from out-of-area visitors and to see which social network(s) that they should focus on using to reach the majority of their customer base. The point isn't why they are doing it. It's that it's very annoying and, quite frankly, they likely aren't going to get accurate data from a lot of customers.

I love all these great deals we get from Kmart thanks to Josh lately but... there's still one thing that I hate about Kmart. And that's its inability to price drop games, games which are even years old are still charged a full $60. It was no big deal for me at the time, just means buying it elsewhere... but now that we're getting gaming coupons it DOES matter.

Example, Kmart still charges the full $60 for Red Dead Redemption (PS3) even tho it's dropped to $35-$40 elsewhere. I was hoping to pick it up with my $20 Mass Effect coupon... but that'd only bring it down to the same price everywhere is already selling it.

This is one of the biggest things that is keeping Kmart behind in the times. They don't follow the price dropping trend.

Anyways Josh, I was wondering if there was a way to get RDR for that price at Kmart? I'd love to use my coupon to get it for $15-$20. My brother who lives up in Ohio recently got the game and really wants to play it with me.

[quote name='Altanis']
That isn't the point. It's more the fact that I get really uptight about silly stupid things and feel the need to be vocal about it on the interwebz

I understand why they do it. It's to see how much of their business is from out-of-area visitors and to see which social network(s) that they should focus on using to reach the majority of their customer base. The point isn't why they are doing it. It's that it's very annoying and, quite frankly, It's my opinion that they likely aren't going to get accurate data from a lot of customers, and it offends me greatly that the world doesn't revolve around my opinions.[/QUOTE]

Fixed it for ya ;)

I am not seeing Red Dead Redemption for $35 anywhere. And that game in particular has been on sale more often at KMart than anywhere else since it was released, which includes multiple coupon offerings. Walmart just dropped the price of it $50. While I doubt we'll see a real price drop for it at KMart, if you wanted that game at any other point this past year for the best price, KMart was the place. Same has been true for lots of other games, and will be for more this year. I guarantee we'll see Black Ops on sale many times, and probably Mass Effect 2 for PS3, as well as Little Big Planet 2. And outside of the first week, it'll be the only place you'll see them on sale for awhile.
Additionally, KMart was the first place to clearance Nier, and Ninja Gaiden to 19.99. While they're not dropping prices like Walmart, they're far more aggressive with putting these items on sale.

[quote name='n10zguy']Fixed it for ya ;)[/QUOTE]
Considering I am not the only one to say that the prompts are annoying, I'm not sure how your statement makes any sense.

Either way, it's not really the place to argue. If you want to continue debating something as stupid as whether or not prompts on a screen that don't pertain to you (favorite social network) are annoying, please use the PM system.

Just knowing that people here aren't really giving accurate answers to the prompts suggests that Kmart won't get an accurate response from their customer base.

I wonder though, what is really more expensive: implementing the stupid prompts into every checkout's credit/debit card swiper, or just hiring someone extra for their social network PR team (or whatever they're calling it).

[quote name='gettinmoney662']Oh nooo, they're "making" me take five seconds to answer a survey question!!! What a travesty!!![/QUOTE]
You must have a sub-par intelligence if you can't see the real point. It has nothing to do with taking 5 seconds to answering a "survey" question.

[quote name='FINALBOSS']You must have a sub-par intelligence if you can't see the real point. It has nothing to do with taking 5 seconds to answering a "survey" question.[/QUOTE]

Well, you could easily lie about it. Nobody in the store is forcing you to truthfully answer the survey prompt on the credit card machine.

[quote name='FINALBOSS']You must have a sub-par intelligence if you can't see the real point. It has nothing to do with taking 5 seconds to answering a "survey" question.[/QUOTE]

You must have sub-par intelligence if you can't see the real point: Who the fuck cares? Answer the question or hit the cancel button to skip it.

[quote name='gettinmoney662']You must have sub-par intelligence if you can't see the real point: Who the fuck cares? Answer the question or hit the cancel button to skip it.[/QUOTE]

Agreed.

Just came back from Kmart on 34th & 7 ave in Manhattan and they have plenty of copies of Sly collection, NBA jam, red Dead Undead copies if anyone is looking to use up their coupon that expires on the 8th.

Well, K-Mart doesn't want my money. I was trying to get DKCR with my $20 coupon, went to two K-Marts and not only weren't any of the sale games there, they made it very difficult to find anything.

[quote name='Lyricsborn']Is Josh trying to tell us that we're fat?[/QUOTE]

Best Buy is doing the same thing.

New Year Resolutions :cool:

Mine involves spending less:drool:

[quote name='markenglert']You think RDR for $60 is bad?I was just at KMart and they had Mirror's Edge for $60![/QUOTE]

Isn't the Warhawk bluetooth bundle still $60? I know one of my Kmarts still has one.

[quote name='markenglert']You think RDR for $60 is bad?I was just at KMart and they had Mirror's Edge for $60![/QUOTE]

I bought mirror's edge for $15 last week at k-mart for ps3.

Was printed right on the shrink wrap too. Packaged as a "budget title" with $15 price heavily advertised on the wrapping, like a lot of wii shovelware is.

The only problem I've had with kmart has been that the employees are often... interesting. MY guess is that your store just hasn't updated the labels.

[quote name='fujimitsu']The only problem I've had with kmart has been that the employees are often... interesting. MY guess is that your store just hasn't updated the labels.[/QUOTE]
I scan anything that I suspect is priced differently. A good example is when I see a game that's priced differently than from another store.

[quote name='BiggNick']So are the stores giving rainchecks on GTA and Sly? Not a single store in my area has a copy of either.[/QUOTE]

I was unable to get a raincheck on Grand Theft Auto IV Complete for the Xbox 360. In fact, the young lady at customer service told me the only items that could be rainchecked were the TVs. I found that to be interesting.

[quote name='Josh5890']
Mine involves spending less:drool:[/QUOTE]
My wife overheard me say mine was to stop buying more games until I have played the ones I got(40+ deep pile of shame.) Now she is holding me to it:whistle2:(

Why would I ever say something like that out loud?!!

[quote name='fujimitsu']I bought mirror's edge for $15 last week at k-mart for ps3.

Was printed right on the shrink wrap too. Packaged as a "budget title" with $15 price heavily advertised on the wrapping, like a lot of wii shovelware is.
[/QUOTE]

Yes, but that is a different stock (most likely with a sticker over the UPC tagging it as a "generic" discount title). It is entirely possible that a regular Mirror's Edge in the case is still $60 (though unless the other poster had it scanned, it could have just been labeled wrong).

I am having a bit of a dilemma on what to use my last few coupons on. I have a $50, a $20, and a $10 that all go through Jan. 19th. I have absolutely nothing to buy before they expire except for possibly LBP 2 but I only want the CE of that. I already have it ordered from Amazon and can't cancel that on the off-chance I'll find it at Kmart. But I'll still buy it there if I find it. Maybe I can return the Amazon one then (as it will already be shipping before I find it at Kmart). Blah... If they don't get that, I'm not sure what I'll be able to use the $50 coupon on, unless Josh comes up with some awesome sales for that second or third week of January.

[quote name='io']Yes, but that is a different stock (most likely with a sticker over the UPC tagging it as a "generic" discount title). It is entirely possible that a regular Mirror's Edge in the case is still $60 (though unless the other poster had it scanned, it could have just been labeled wrong).

I am having a bit of a dilemma on what to use my last few coupons on. I have a $50, a $20, and a $10 that all go through Jan. 19th. I have absolutely nothing to buy before they expire except for possibly LBP 2 but I only want the CE of that. I already have it ordered from Amazon and can't cancel that on the off-chance I'll find it at Kmart. But I'll still buy it there if I find it. Maybe I can return the Amazon one then (as it will already be shipping before I find it at Kmart). Blah... If they don't get that, I'm not sure what I'll be able to use the $50 coupon on, unless Josh comes up with some awesome sales for that second or third week of January.[/QUOTE]

Is your $50 from the Wii? Mine expires on the 29th and if none of the K-Marts around me get the CE of LBP 2, I'm going to use it on Dead Space 2.

[quote name='gettinmoney662']Is your $50 from the Wii? Mine expires on the 29th and if none of the K-Marts around me get the CE of LBP 2, I'm going to use it on Dead Space 2.[/QUOTE]

Yes, you are right, they are all actually the 29th ;). That doesn't make much difference to me except that it is a few more days to get LBP 2 if the shipment is delayed or something. I'm not getting Dead Space. I guess that is another week of potential random sale items, too, though it is tough to depend on those when there are so few games I'm even waiting on at this point. I have yet to get Fallout New Vegas but considering that I haven't even touched Fallout 3 yet, I was just going to wait on that to be dirt cheap and/or a GotY edition.

I may have to get the DS Kingdom Hearts game that comes out on the 11th. At least I can use the $10 and $20 on that and then get a new coupon that pushes me into Feb. when there might be some more stuff to get. But I wouldn't be picking that game up otherwise.

[quote name='JayFx2']Just came back from Kmart on 34th & 7 ave in Manhattan and they have plenty of copies of Sly collection, NBA jam, red Dead Undead copies if anyone is looking to use up their coupon that expires on the 8th.[/QUOTE]

I was there and it was the only store that had GTA 4 complete collection, but they didnt have any sale prices. They had to price match them.

I have a 2 part question that I didn't see the answer to in the faq and if anyone can answer, it would be appreciated.

Can you preorder games at Kmart and if yes, can you use a GC to help with the payment?

[quote name='Lupin']I have a 2 part question that I didn't see the answer to in the faq and if anyone can answer, it would be appreciated.

Can you preorder games at Kmart and if yes, can you use a GC to help with the payment?[/QUOTE]

No.

[quote name='Buuhan1']I love all these great deals we get from Kmart thanks to Josh lately but... there's still one thing that I hate about Kmart. And that's its inability to price drop games, games which are even years old are still charged a full $60. It was no big deal for me at the time, just means buying it elsewhere... but now that we're getting gaming coupons it DOES matter.

Example, Kmart still charges the full $60 for Red Dead Redemption (PS3) even tho it's dropped to $35-$40 elsewhere. I was hoping to pick it up with my $20 Mass Effect coupon... but that'd only bring it down to the same price everywhere is already selling it.

This is one of the biggest things that is keeping Kmart behind in the times. They don't follow the price dropping trend.

Anyways Josh, I was wondering if there was a way to get RDR for that price at Kmart? I'd love to use my coupon to get it for $15-$20. My brother who lives up in Ohio recently got the game and really wants to play it with me.[/QUOTE]

Using RDR as an example isnt doing you any favors. Gamestop, Kmart, Target and Best Buy all sell it for 59.99 as of this very moment. Walmart is at 49.99 with Amazon being the lowest at 40.00 or so. So, out of 6 retailers, 4 sell it for 59.99 so I dont know where youre seeing an actual price drop on this title. Maybe you saw it on sale and assumed it was a price drop?

[quote name='kitm9891']Using RDR as an example isnt doing you any favors. Gamestop, Kmart, Target and Best Buy all sell it for 59.99 as of this very moment. Walmart is at 49.99 with Amazon being the lowest at 40.00 or so. So, out of 6 retailers, 4 sell it for 59.99 so I dont know where youre seeing an actual price drop on this title. Maybe you saw it on sale and assumed it was a price drop?[/QUOTE]

I agree. If anything Kmart is the rule more than the exception... Amazon does their own thing but for almost every other retailer you're gonna be at the mercy of the MSRP price drop... be it Kmart, Best Buy, Walmart, etc. if you see a greatest hits game ring up at $60 then we can talk. And to be fair, since we're talking RDR, Kmart has put the game on sale about 3 or so times since it came out... I think you just sorta missed the boat friend (who knows though, maybe it'll go on sale again). I'd also like to know where you're seeing it so commonly for $35-40, chances are if it was easy to find for that price I wouldn't have been able to sell my copy on Ebay last week for $40.

[quote name='kitm9891']Using RDR as an example isnt doing you any favors. Gamestop, Kmart, Target and Best Buy all sell it for 59.99 as of this very moment. Walmart is at 49.99 with Amazon being the lowest at 40.00 or so. So, out of 6 retailers, 4 sell it for 59.99 so I dont know where youre seeing an actual price drop on this title. Maybe you saw it on sale and assumed it was a price drop?[/QUOTE]

Yep, that was my bad. Saw it for that price at Amazon (tho must've been a sale), and for GameStop (turns out that's the used price) and just presumed. I do still think Kmart holds full MSRP for too long. Up until they redid their video game stock a few months ago mine had a GameCube copy of Twilight Princess for $50.

Wonder what they did with the ol' girl...

[quote name='Buuhan1']Up until they redid their video game stock a few months ago mine had a GameCube copy of Twilight Princess for $50.

Wonder what they did with the ol' girl...[/QUOTE]

I believe that was clearanced almost a year ago, so either the actual price was way cheaper and they never marked it, or your store was one of those rogue Kmarts where clearance was YMMV.

[quote name='TheFreshPrince']Think Kmart will have Lost in Shadows on Tuesday?[/QUOTE]

I think josh said they will not carry it

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back