Kmartgamer

Status
Not open for further replies.

SHC-Gamer

Official Representative
www.KmartGamer.com (Blog is effective in all locations)

Sometimes, Kmartgamer offers are only featured on CAG. Usually just due to personal bandwidth on my end. Blog offers for this week will be posted tonight to alleveate any confusion.

Important: The offers this week are instant bogo's, not coupons due to previously discussed issues we are currnetly facing with our coupon program which will be fixed soon.

:ps3:1-18 Mass Effect - Buy Mass Effect 2 PS3 and get another $59.99 game 50% off (offer valid through 2/12)
  • Will be on sale for $44.99 the week of 1/30
:ps3:1-18 Little Big Planet 2 - Buy Little Big Planet 2 PS3 and get another $59.99 game 50% off (offer valid through 2/12)

Kmart Weekly Ad: (Circulars not effective in all stores, NYC and Offshore in particular)

The only noteworthy offer this week is:

• :wii:Buy Donkey Kong Country Returns and get Epic Mickey for $19.99
Only other offer not MSRP:
  • :360::ps3:Save $10 WWE Raw 2011, more of a corproate pull together offer
Like I said previously, January sucks.

Note: Savings Coupon offers are valid in all stores

Coming Soon:

Update: Submitting Feb./Mar. offers as SYWR promotions. Will post as soon as they are approved. Coupons may have temporary fix before then, if so, we'll go back to them instead of SYWR's. At the end of Mar. the coupon issue will be fixed and we'll go back to normal.
  • :360::ps3:1-25 Dead Space 2 Free 1600 XBLA Points or $20 PSN for Free
    • We show positive instock on the cards but if you run into an issue just let me know and I'll work with you.
    • Offer valid from 1/25 through 1-29
    • In many cases the points/PSN cards are located in the Gift Card rack near the front of the store by mistake.
  • :360::ps3:1-25 Two Worlds II (PS3 Version Delayed by a few days, will not ship until Friday)
    • 1-30 through 2-5, Two Worlds II will be on sale for $39.99
    • CAG only special, will not be featured on the blog
  • :wii:2-6 Mario Sports Mix TBD
  • :360::ps3: 2-8 Test Drive Unlimited 2 TBD
  • :360::ps3: 2-15 Marvel vs. Capcom 3 TBD
  • :360::ps3: 2-15 Nascar 2011 TBD
  • :360::ps3::wii: 2-15 Lego Star Wars III: The Clone Wars TBD
  • :360::ps3: 2-22 Bulletstorm TBD
  • :360::ps3: 2-22 Driver: San Francisco TBD
  • :360::ps3::wii: 2-22 De Blob: The Underground TBD
*This list is not comprehensive of every promotion that may be coming and release dates are subject to change.

Customer Questions/Comments:

General Feedback, Promotional Ideas or Anything Else :cool:

SHC-Gamer - Josh Deane [email protected]

Important: If a coupon did not print or you did not receive the value of the promotion due to a store issue I will compensate the difference. I only need the following (Please copy and paste the format below for quicker service):

• Name ____________________
  • Phone Number ____________________
  • Mailing Address ____________________
  • Receipt Number ____________________
  • Short description of incident (a novel, though enjoyed, is not required :) )
Gift cards issued usually take 7-10 days to arrive once confirmed.

CE or Specal Inventory Requests:
Email Stockboy at [email protected]

• Game ____________________
  • Platform __________________
  • Store Address _____________

Last edited by a moderator:
I really hope you can get a deal on kz3, that would be awesome.

Also is it normal to never get your rewards card if you sign up online? I've been waiting for 2 months now. Is it possible to get a card in the store and then associate that card with your account?

Hey SHC.......you lookin forward to twisted metal!

[quote name='JMShanCAG']I really hope you can get a deal on kz3, that would be awesome.

Also is it normal to never get your rewards card if you sign up online? I've been waiting for 2 months now. Is it possible to get a card in the store and then associate that card with your account? ![/QUOTE]

same here i havent received my card and asked for one in november.

If you don't have a SYWR card and you signed up online, here's what you do:

1. Go to the store.
2. Fill out an application for another card.
3. Use said new card.
4. Go online to the SYWR website, and sign in to your old account.
5. Where it shows your card number (the last 4 digits anyway) click where it says something like "change the card number associated with your account"
6. Follow the directions

There you go. You should then have an account that is tied to your new card account, but keeps your old points balance.

What happens if I purchase a game using coupons and need to return it? For example, if I bought DKCR using $40 in gaming coupons will I be refunded the full price of the game or only what I paid out of pocket? What if I do an exchange?

Once you use gaming coupon, it's GONE FOREVER. So if you buy a $50 game and use $40 in coupons, if you go to return the game, you get $10 back. Period.

If you want to exchange the game, the manager can do a straight equal-value exchange for another item the same price, but if you do a return/exchange, you'll only get $10.

Basically: USE YOUR GAMING COUPONS WISELY. If there's any shred of a chance the item might be returned, be smart and either don't use coupons or buy somewhere else.

[quote name='Altanis']Once you use gaming coupon, it's GONE FOREVER. So if you buy a $50 game and use $40 in coupons, if you go to return the game, you get $10 back. Period.

If you want to exchange the game, the manager can do a straight equal-value exchange for another item the same price, but if you do a return/exchange, you'll only get $10.

Basically: USE YOUR GAMING COUPONS WISELY. If there's any shred of a chance the item might be returned, be smart and either don't use coupons or buy somewhere else.[/QUOTE]

The coupon I used at lunch today didn't seem to be associated to my purchase in any way. I bought two of the same item and both gaming coupons had the same code on them, so how are they associated back to my actual purchase ?

[quote name='stoned99']The coupon I used at lunch today didn't seem to be associated to my purchase in any way. I bought two of the same item and both gaming coupons had the same code on them, so how are they associated back to my actual purchase ?[/QUOTE]

I'm not sure what you are saying here, but, for example, if you buy a $60 game with a $20 coupon, you paid only $39.99 for it. You will get $39.99 if you return it. It is associated with the purchase in that you only paid $39.99.

I can verify that it definitely does work this way. I ended up returning Sin & Punishment Star Successor because I found it on clearance at Target for $12.48. I paid $29.99 for it at Kmart because I bought it along with Kirby. But I also used a coupon on the purchase. When I returned S&P, I got back $19.99 - so, in effect, I lost $10 of my coupon value. But it was still worth it because I had bought a copy for $12.48 from Target, so clearly it was better to return the Kmart copy even at $20 vs the Target one at $12.48.

The coupon I originally used was automatically split between the two games on my receipt - I think in a proportional way (more coupon savings was applied to Kirby since it was $50) since I had used $30 or $40 in coupons. I can't find the receipt or I'd figure that out exactly. Edit: ah, found it. Indeed, I had used both a $15 and $25 coupon. So the $20 instant savings + $10 of coupon value applied to S&P making its return value $19.99 while, I guess, the other $30 of coupon value went to Kirby which would have made its return value also $19.99.

[quote name='io']
The coupon I originally used was automatically split between the two games on my receipt - I think in a proportional way (more coupon savings was applied to Kirby since it was $50) since I had used $30 or $40 in coupons. I can't find the receipt or I'd figure that out exactly.[/QUOTE]

I actually had this happen before and it was just split evenly. No proportional allocation like they do at Target.

I also don't know what stoned99 was getting at. I think he quoted the wrong post since the post he referenced had nothing to do with referencing a purchase.

[quote name='io']I'm not sure what you are saying here, but, for example, if you buy a $60 game with a $20 coupon, you paid only $39.99 for it. You will get $39.99 if you return it. It is associated with the purchase in that you only paid $39.99.

I can verify that it definitely does work this way. I ended up returning Sin & Punishment Star Successor because I found it on clearance at Target for $12.48. I paid $29.99 for it at Kmart because I bought it along with Kirby. But I also used a coupon on the purchase. When I returned S&P, I got back $19.99 - so, in effect, I lost $10 of my coupon value. But it was still worth it because I had bought a copy for $12.48 from Target, so clearly it was better to return the Kmart copy even at $20 vs the Target one at $12.48.

The coupon I originally used was automatically split between the two games on my receipt - I think in a proportional way (more coupon savings was applied to Kirby since it was $50) since I had used $30 or $40 in coupons. I can't find the receipt or I'd figure that out exactly. Edit: ah, found it. Indeed, I had used both a $15 and $25 coupon. So the $20 instant savings + $10 of coupon value applied to S&P making its return value $19.99 while, I guess, the other $30 of coupon value went to Kirby which would have made its return value also $19.99.[/QUOTE]

I'm not talking about the game bought with the coupon but rather the coupon I got with a game. Specifically Cataclysm. It was 40$ with a 15$ coupon. The receipt shows 40, and the 15 coupon printed on a separate sheet. I had to buy 2 copies, due to both my boys wanting it, which is why I have two 15 coupons both with the same code.

Due to the fact I got 1 copy of the game via Goozex I was going to return a kmart copy today, which was when I noticed the coupons don't seem to be attached to the actual purchase in any way. I haven't returned the game yet (or used the 2nd coupon) as I decided to read this thread for some ideas on what to expect if I used the coupon before returning the game.

[quote name='confoosious']I actually had this happen before and it was just split evenly. No proportional allocation like they do at Target.
[/QUOTE]

You may be right. I was considering the price of S&P to be $29.99 but, really, it was $49.99 and just had an instant savings of $20 applied because I bought it along with Kirby. So, in effect, I used $60 in coupons ($40 in gaming coupons and $20 in instant savings from the promo) - and that would simply be split evenly between the two games making the return value $19.99 for each.

[quote name='stoned99']I'm not talking about the game bought with the coupon but rather the coupon I got with a game. Specifically Cataclysm. It was 40$ with a 15$ coupon. The receipt shows 40, and the 15 coupon printed on a separate sheet. I had to buy 2 copies, due to both my boys wanting it, which is why I have two 15 coupons both with the same code.

Due to the fact I got 1 copy of the game via Goozex I was going to return a kmart copy today, which was when I noticed the coupons don't seem to be attached to the actual purchase in any way. I haven't returned the game yet (or used the 2nd coupon) as I decided to read this thread for some ideas on what to expect if I used the coupon before returning the game.[/QUOTE]

you're right. that's where all the rampant abuse came from. People bought the games, returned the games, kept the coupon.

If you used the coupon before returning the game, the right thing to do would be to get $15 less back. But if you actually suggested this to customer service, it might blow their minds and cause a code black.

[quote name='Altanis']Once you use gaming coupon, it's GONE FOREVER. So if you buy a $50 game and use $40 in coupons, if you go to return the game, you get $10 back. Period.

Basically: USE YOUR GAMING COUPONS WISELY. If there's any shred of a chance the item might be returned, be smart and either don't use coupons or buy somewhere else.[/QUOTE]

Will the manager always do this or is it a YMMV? I have a game I need to return that was a duplicate for a Christmas gift, so I'd hate to lose those coupons I collected.

[quote name='jonboy71']Will the manager always do this or is it a YMMV? I have a game I need to return that was a duplicate for a Christmas gift, so I'd hate to lose those coupons I collected.[/QUOTE]
It's YMMV on exchanges simply because of the human variable. It depends on the manager if they'll ok it or not. Usually, it's not a problem to exchange one game for another that's the same price. If they ask why, then explain the situation. They should be amenable. They did for me when I ended up with a redundant copy of Dragon Age Origins.

Returns, however, you will always lose the coupon's value. So as other have said, a $60 game with a $20 coupon used on it only costs $40 out of pocket, so that's all you'll get back.

[quote name='jonboy71']Will the manager always do this or is it a YMMV? I have a game I need to return that was a duplicate for a Christmas gift, so I'd hate to lose those coupons I collected.[/QUOTE]
With any store, isn't pretty much anything almost always YMMV? That's even moreso with Kmart, and good lord, even more so with CSRs. You add in Kmart CSRs and the YMMV factor is about like the lottery.

If you ask to just do an exchange, they can say yes or no, just like any store. The big thing will be whether you find anything at the $40 price point there that you want.

Oh, and for the person that said that the receipt doesn't mention the coupon at all: Incorrect. On the bottom of every receipt there is (or at least, should be) a line that says something like "Offer ########## printed" or something similar. The offer number will refer to the coupon barcode (I think. I don't have a Kmart receipt in front of me to verify).

If the manager actually looks at your receipt and notices that it says "Offer 1 printed" (which would refer to the stupid Dish Network thing) but below that is "Offer 2 printed" (or more), they may ask about it.

In short: Don't stiff Kmart. The big issue that Josh is having to deal with right now is people doing EXACTLY what is being described right now: People buying something with a coupon, returning the item, and keeping the coupon. If you are an asshole and decide to scam Kmart out of a coupon- whether it's $1, $10, or $50- you are the reason why these deals may (and the more you do it, the more likely it is) go away.

And I think I'm done playing Kmart Customer Service Rep for a while.

Got next weeks ad in my Friday paper. Never had that happen before.

Anyway, looks to be a Playstation week:

*Save $20 on a PS3 Dualshock with the purchase of a 320gb PS3 bundle
*DJ Hero 2 turntable bundle
iconps3.gif
on sale for $59.99
----->says available for 360 and Wii
*Save $10 on featured Move games
----->pictured games are The Fight, The Shoot, KungFu Riders. Shows price of $29.99 but it's not clear if that's MSRP or Sale price
*GH: Warriors of Rock guitar bundle
iconps3.gif
on sale for $74.99
----->says available for 360 and Wii
*Save $10 on featured PS3 greatest hits titles
----->pictured games are Resistance 2, inFamous, LBP: goty, Killzone 2 on sale for 19.99 each
* three PSP games on sale for $6.99 each
-----> pictured games are Pixel Junk Monsters Deluxe, Twisted Metal, Medal of Honor heroes
:hot:It's UNO's 40th anniversary. Special 40th anniversary edition UNO card game on sale for $0.99:hot:

Josh any chance you also have a blog deal up your sleeve?

i have a $20 coupon that expires on 1/15. any suggestion on what to get? i cant get ms points since they cost $19.99 and the coupon cant be for more then the actual price of the item. atleast thats what happened when i tried to buy points with it earlier in dec.

[quote name='sharingan501']@Josh, When are we going to find out what the test drive 2 deal is?[/QUOTE]
Probably closer to the release date, which is still a month away. When Josh releases the offers too early, retailers (especially Amazon) are able to counter by either offering the same deal, or something similar. I recall Amazon doing this multiple times with Josh's offers, especially around Black Friday.

[quote name='41down']i have a $20 coupon that expires on 1/15. any suggestion on what to get? i cant get ms points since they cost $19.99 and the coupon cant be for more then the actual price of the item. atleast thats what happened when i tried to buy points with it earlier in dec.[/QUOTE]
You can either pick up a regular priced game, possibly something on sale or clearance, an accessory or a larger points card. Unless you be more specific as to what you're interested in and what systems you have, that's about as specific as we can get.

[quote name='sharingan501']@Josh, When are we going to find out what the test drive 2 deal is?[/QUOTE]
I believe Josh has hinted at what it might be for one of the platforms, but I can't be certain which. Try a search in this thread for it.

Looks like I might grab Pixel Junk.

Basically: USE YOUR GAMING COUPONS WISELY. If there's any shred of a chance the item might be returned, be smart and either don't use coupons or buy somewhere else.[/QUOTE]This. I must say all the managers I have dealt with have all been very good about doing exchanges.

Are you going to have Radiant Historia when it comes out in February? I'd love to pick it up with the Re:Coded coupon but it's kind of a niche title so I'm not sure if you'll have it in stock.

[quote name='TehTriggerman']This may have been said already buried in the threads but...Wow, nothing for DC Universe PS3? :cry:[/QUOTE]

They probably wont even sell it at Kmart.

[quote name='TehTriggerman']This may have been said already buried in the threads but...Wow, nothing for DC Universe PS3? :cry:[/QUOTE]

[quote name='gindias']They probably wont even sell it at Kmart.[/QUOTE]

Regarding DC Universe:

[quote name='SHC-Gamer']I'm definitely trying. There is an internal issue for Jan. that I am working to resolve concerning coupons that may not be fixed in time for 1/11.[/QUOTE]

I searched the thread for Bulletstorm and found a lot of people asking 'will Kmart carry the Epic Edition of Bulletstorm?' This question has gone unanswered. I know you're a busy man on this thread but the answer to this question will decide whether or not I buy from Kmart. Thanks for all your hard work on this thread SHC-Gamer!

[quote name='gindias']They probably wont even sell it at Kmart.[/QUOTE]

We'll be carrying it but I don't think we have a release week offer with it yet.

Definately planning on dead space 2.
Will kmart be getting the ps3 edition with extraction?
I assume so, but thought I'd ask anyway.
Just need a good ps move deal and I'll be all set.

My 2011 train... Ds2, then mariosports mix... Maybe littlebig planet 2 in the middle.

I am hoping for some 3ds love ( my launch guess is 3/20/2011, 2 weeks after pokemon b & w).

[quote name='Megatim81']Definately planning on dead space 2.
Will kmart be getting the ps3 edition with extraction?
I assume so, but thought I'd ask anyway.
Just need a good ps move deal and I'll be all set.

My 2011 train... Ds2, then mariosports mix... Maybe littlebig planet 2 in the middle.

I am hoping for some 3ds love ( my launch guess is 3/20/2011, 2 weeks after pokemon b & w).[/QUOTE]

They all come with extraction

You can either pick up a regular priced game, possibly something on sale or clearance, an accessory or a larger points card. Unless you be more specific as to what you're interested in and what systems you have, that's about as specific as we can get.

yeah i thought about it and ill prob pick up a 4000 pts card for $30.

[quote name='Christian Harper']I'd like to know about DC Universe and the Epic edition of Bulletstorm too! Please let us know something K-Mart gamer.[/QUOTE]
You have just confirmed part of the reason why I feel like humanity is doomed.

[quote name='Altanis']You have just confirmed part of the reason why I feel like humanity is doomed.[/QUOTE]

don't worry, he's in "very rural wv". chances are you won't even run across him.

[quote name='SHC Stock Boy']We'll be carrying it but I don't think we have a release week offer with it yet.[/QUOTE]

Thats good to know. I was going to buy it from another store, but if you guys are going to eventually have an offer I will hold off for a while.

Josh has said that they will carry Ghost Trick in select stores only, and will not be having a deal due to the low volume they will have. Therefore, no, they will not have a deal on it.

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showpost.php?p=8028853&postcount=5967

I promise, searching the thread really isn't difficult. I found that post within about 15-30 seconds. All I did was search the thread for Ghost Trick. It's amazing what can be accomplished by the tiniest amount of work.

[quote name='Altanis']
I promise, searching the thread really isn't difficult. I found that post within about 15-30 seconds. All I did was search the thread for Ghost Trick. It's amazing what can be accomplished by the tiniest amount of work.[/QUOTE]

the best way to answer a question is not to answer it. i find it annoying as well but i just plainly ignore it.

Hey, I did a search but couldn't find an answer for this. Any idea if the Kingdom Hearts Re:coded offer is still happening this week what with the issues Josh was facing with coupon offers?

[quote name='shadowknight203']when your buy the collectors edition for the game (assuming its in stock) do you also get the coupon?[/QUOTE]

Yes, it counts as the same game.

[quote name='POMusashi']Hey, I did a search but couldn't find an answer for this. Any idea if the Kingdom Hearts Re:coded offer is still happening this week what with the issues Josh was facing with coupon offers?[/QUOTE]

If it's on the front page, it's happening.

[quote name='anotherpoorgamer']I'd love to find Ghost Trick at one of my stores, even without any special deal on it.[/QUOTE]

Just get it from amazon. You get to dl the soundtrack for free if you pre-order.

[quote name='cheeky']Just get it from amazon. You get to dl the soundtrack for free if you pre-order.[/QUOTE]

I have a $20 Kmart coupon that expires in a few days, so I really hope my Kmart has Ghost Trick.

[quote name='41down']vanquish is $40 on kmart.com. is it also that price in store right now?[/QUOTE]
It should be. That's the MSRP.

[quote name='lumpy']Josh, I did not see a gaming coupon for Kingdom of Hearts: Recoded.. Is there a coupon this week?[/QUOTE]
Read the OP.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back