Kmartgamer

Status
Not open for further replies.

SHC-Gamer

Official Representative
www.KmartGamer.com (Blog is effective in all locations)

Sometimes, Kmartgamer offers are only featured on CAG. Usually just due to personal bandwidth on my end. Blog offers for this week will be posted tonight to alleveate any confusion.

Important: The offers this week are instant bogo's, not coupons due to previously discussed issues we are currnetly facing with our coupon program which will be fixed soon.

:ps3:1-18 Mass Effect - Buy Mass Effect 2 PS3 and get another $59.99 game 50% off (offer valid through 2/12)
  • Will be on sale for $44.99 the week of 1/30
:ps3:1-18 Little Big Planet 2 - Buy Little Big Planet 2 PS3 and get another $59.99 game 50% off (offer valid through 2/12)

Kmart Weekly Ad: (Circulars not effective in all stores, NYC and Offshore in particular)

The only noteworthy offer this week is:

• :wii:Buy Donkey Kong Country Returns and get Epic Mickey for $19.99
Only other offer not MSRP:
  • :360::ps3:Save $10 WWE Raw 2011, more of a corproate pull together offer
Like I said previously, January sucks.

Note: Savings Coupon offers are valid in all stores

Coming Soon:

Update: Submitting Feb./Mar. offers as SYWR promotions. Will post as soon as they are approved. Coupons may have temporary fix before then, if so, we'll go back to them instead of SYWR's. At the end of Mar. the coupon issue will be fixed and we'll go back to normal.
  • :360::ps3:1-25 Dead Space 2 Free 1600 XBLA Points or $20 PSN for Free
    • We show positive instock on the cards but if you run into an issue just let me know and I'll work with you.
    • Offer valid from 1/25 through 1-29
    • In many cases the points/PSN cards are located in the Gift Card rack near the front of the store by mistake.
  • :360::ps3:1-25 Two Worlds II (PS3 Version Delayed by a few days, will not ship until Friday)
    • 1-30 through 2-5, Two Worlds II will be on sale for $39.99
    • CAG only special, will not be featured on the blog
  • :wii:2-6 Mario Sports Mix TBD
  • :360::ps3: 2-8 Test Drive Unlimited 2 TBD
  • :360::ps3: 2-15 Marvel vs. Capcom 3 TBD
  • :360::ps3: 2-15 Nascar 2011 TBD
  • :360::ps3::wii: 2-15 Lego Star Wars III: The Clone Wars TBD
  • :360::ps3: 2-22 Bulletstorm TBD
  • :360::ps3: 2-22 Driver: San Francisco TBD
  • :360::ps3::wii: 2-22 De Blob: The Underground TBD
*This list is not comprehensive of every promotion that may be coming and release dates are subject to change.

Customer Questions/Comments:

General Feedback, Promotional Ideas or Anything Else :cool:

SHC-Gamer - Josh Deane [email protected]

Important: If a coupon did not print or you did not receive the value of the promotion due to a store issue I will compensate the difference. I only need the following (Please copy and paste the format below for quicker service):

• Name ____________________
  • Phone Number ____________________
  • Mailing Address ____________________
  • Receipt Number ____________________
  • Short description of incident (a novel, though enjoyed, is not required :) )
Gift cards issued usually take 7-10 days to arrive once confirmed.

CE or Specal Inventory Requests:
Email Stockboy at [email protected]

• Game ____________________
  • Platform __________________
  • Store Address _____________

Last edited by a moderator:
I saw the PSP in the ad and thought there might have been on a deal on it, and it turned out to be retail price, was kind of bummed out. ANy chance on any sort of PSP bundle offer?

[quote name='lumpy']What's the OP?[/QUOTE]

Stands for "Original Post", or the first post in the topic.

Thanks.. I saw the original post weeks ago and was anticipating the deal on kingdom of hearts, however, there was no deal posted in kmart's weekly ad which came out today. There is not even a mention of kingdom of hearts.

[quote name='lumpy']Thanks.. I saw the original post weeks ago and was anticipating the deal on kingdom of hearts, however, there was no deal posted in kmart's weekly ad which came out today. There is not even a mention of kingdom of hearts.[/QUOTE]
Most of these deals are not in the weekly ads - if you go in and buy the game, you'll receive a $15 gaming coupon valid for a future purchase.

I feel like people in this thread should stop being jerks and just answer people's questions instead of being rude.

[quote name='jer7583']I feel like people in this thread should stop being jerks and just answer people's questions instead of being rude.[/QUOTE]

Or at the very least not answer the questions AND not be rude.

[quote name='megma42']Or at the very least not answer the questions AND not be rude.[/QUOTE]
Or be rude and answer their questions. You got that, punks!?

anything as long as it's not just an empty post accusing them of being lazy.

Give the answer and the means by which they can find the answer in the future if you really want people to develop better information searching habits.

I believe there's an old saying: "give a man a deal and save him $15 that day. teach a man how to read the op and save him $15 on every game."

I believe it's an old african folk saying.

[quote name='confoosious']I believe there's an old saying: "give a man a deal and save him $15 that day. teach a man how to read the op and save him $15 on every game."

I believe it's an old african folk saying.[/QUOTE]
I recall having heard a very similar saying as well. :)

No, no.

Give a man a fish, and he'll eat for a day. But hit a man with a brick, and you can have all his fish... and his wife.

[quote name='jer7583']anything as long as it's not just an empty post accusing them of being lazy.

Give the answer and the means by which they can find the answer in the future if you really want people to develop better information searching habits.[/QUOTE]

Condoning and supporting stupidity is just as bad as being stupid.

[quote name='nzgc']can't wait to get kingdom hearts this tuesday. I wish tax wasn't 10%. It hurts haha[/QUOTE]
Very important update!!!!

Due to the coupon issue, approval for the Kingdom Hearts offer has been removed and I have to not post it. I've also had to adjust the rest of my January offers which I will post today.

I hate to do this, but I recommend TRU for Kingdom Hearts Recoded due to the $15 gift card. Very solid.

I'm close on a timeline on when this issue will be fixed. Definitely working as quickly as possible on it.

Hopefully, the coupon issue is fixed by the time Mario Sports Mix is released in February. I may end up passing on LBP2 unless I can find a good deal somewhere else. I doubt I'll be able to find a deal better than LBP2 for $39 with a $20 gaming coupon (after $10 coupon and SYWR points).

*edit* I'm sure the thread will get ugly with accusations of false advertising and talk of a class-action lawsuit.

Last edited by a moderator:
Coupon issue. Make it a gift card and line item it on the receipt. Hard to make it tied to Video games only but if the whole store fails so do the video games.

[quote name='emg28']Hopefully, the coupon issue is fixed by the time Mario Sports Mix is released in February. I may end up passing on LBP2 unless I can find a good deal somewhere else. I doubt I'll be able to find a deal better than LBP2 for $39 with a $20 gaming coupon (after $10 coupon and SYWR points).

*edit* I'm sure the thread will get ugly with accusations of false advertising and talk of a class-action lawsuit.[/QUOTE]

Technically a forum post is not really official advertising so good luck to those who threaten anything. If there is any anger it should be towards the dishonest people not SHC or his affiliates.

[quote name='mkelehan']No, no.

Give a man a fish, and he'll eat for a day. But hit a man with a brick, and you can have all his fish... and his wife.[/QUOTE]

So close, it's actually: start a man a fire, he'll be warm for a day; catch a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.

I buy all my new games from Kmart specifically because of these coupon deals. If they go away then their just hurting themselves all that more by giving up to the competition.

Like anything, it takes time and change to perfect a process. The "coupon train", as people like to call it, was great but there were people who always looked to take more than they were supposed to. There was this implied "honor system" that was abused to the point where the process needed to be changed so that it remains a positive on both sides of the equation. Josh has said several times that this coupon thing was a huge positive overall for Kmart. It will continue to be, as long as they can close the loopholes that people spend WAY too much time trying to expose and exploit.

While upset about the lost of the KH deal and possible others I just hope Josh and Stockboy/Andrew don't end up losing their jobs. In the corporate world when stuff like this happens people do take a fall and I hope even if we lose some deals in the future we don't lose either of them. They have both been very helpful and even with a lack of as many good deals I would still consider K-mart thanks to their efforts.

Remember at least its still better than Gamestop.

[quote name='downgrade']Anybody know how KMart is with collectors/limited editions of games. I'm interested in picking up LittleBigPlanet 2.[/QUOTE]

It's been mentioned many times in the thread already.

There will be a select amount of the LE's for LBP in stores, less than 800 nation-wide. So if you're expecting to walk into a K-Mart and find one, you better look foward to only having a 1 in 800 chance.

[quote name='joeshmoe']It's been mentioned many times in the thread already.

There will be a select amount of the LE's for LBP in stores, less than 800 nation-wide. So if you're expecting to walk into a K-Mart and find one, you better look foward to only having a 1 in 800 chance.[/QUOTE]
Unless Kmart runs 640,000 stores, how is it a 1 in 800 chance to find the CE? There are 1400 Kmart stores. 800 CEs for 1400 stores is about 1 per every 2 stores. Some will get more than 1 CE, but it will end up being about 1 in 5-6 Kmart stores will get the CE, but each one should get more than 1 copy.

Josh, while the lack of a deal on KH Re:Coded hurts a bit, I think I might still end up getting it from Kmart. I have a $10 coupon from SMAS that is set to expire before anything else I am interested in comes out (Mario Sports Mix) and I have $15 in SYWR points ready to go. No coupon sucks, but I think we can manage.

The only hiccup will be getting the idiots that I am sure will be working to figure out how to redeem SYWR points as payment. Whenever I'm not paying with just cash or credit/debit, things typically go horribly wrong.

[quote name='Altanis']Unless Kmart runs 640,000 stores, how is it a 1 in 800 chance to find the CE? There are 1400 Kmart stores. 800 CEs for 1400 stores is about 1 per every 2 stores. Some will get more than 1 CE, but it will end up being about 1 in 5-6 Kmart stores will get the CE, but each one should get more than 1 copy.
[/QUOTE]

Way to twist the math. If there are 10,000 people wanting the product, but only 800 available, then you only have a 1 in 800 chance of getting one. That's what he was talking about. Now, the availability of the product is where your math comes in. Regardless of how many stores might carry it, there is only a set amount of product.

Sucks to hear about the January coupons but if a K-Mart around me has the LBP2 CE, I'll still be getting it from there since I have a $50 coupon.

I guess we should be glad this happened after the holiday release deluge.

Are the kmart coupon deals over?

Is kmart going to go back to MSRP 4 life?

Will copies of Apache Air Assault still be in stores for $50 10 years from now?

note this post was made as a joke so take it easy

Last edited:
I was going to bug you with a You Don't Know Jack coupon question but I see you have your hands full. Thanks for the hard work and helpful updates!

[quote name='jer7583']shame about the coupon deals.

Will copies of Apache Air Assault still be in stores for $50 10 years from now?[/QUOTE]
100% not going to happen. This isn't a budget problem or change in strategy. Merely a system issue about duplicate posting of coupons and their spamming. There is a fix that is being worked on to create unique barcodes that are single use per transacton only and I am trying to push to find out the timeline.

Can't go to gift card because I get screwed on some internal financials.

Will copies of Apache Air Assault still be in stores for $50 10 years from now?[/QUOTE]
Exhibit B as to why I have very little faith in the world.

Every single on of your questions is answered by Josh in this thread. His last post even should tell you enough to where you can figure things out for yourself.

Everywhere has Apache for $50. He's doing the best he can; cut him some slack.

[quote name='SHC-Gamer']100% not going to happen. This isn't a budget problem or change in strategy. Merely a system issue about duplicate posting of coupons and their spamming. There is a fix that is being worked on to create unique barcodes that are single use per transacton only and I am trying to push to find out the timeline.

Can't go to gift card because I get screwed on some internal financials.[/QUOTE]
Is there anyway for someone to isolate the problem at the source (i.e. figure out in general who's doing it and where)?

hope the coupons come back i was planning on those for the year or at least the start at least for mass effect 2 and killzone 3 and bulletstorm.

So here is the band aid approach for next week.

Buy Mass Effect 2 PS3 receive 50% off another $59.99 game. Same offer for Little Big Planet. The offer will run for 4 weeks.

The system won't let me make it for all price points. The only way I can do points cards is by making it an instant conditional offer and you all know the headaches at store level getting the associates to ring it up correctly. What are your thoughts?

For Feb/Mar offers I am working on moving our coupon offers to SYWR offers. I am being told that the first of April our coupon issue will be fixed.

Gift card offers are not possible due to the way they are calculated internally.

Open to suggestions of course.

Just to make sure and avoid, what I'm assuming, it being asked a million times, will we still be able to use the coupon(s) we already have from previous offers?

Ok Will this offer be like that each week for release buy one of the games and then receive 50% off another game as well. Will this bounce from week to week.

[quote name='SHC-Gamer']So here is the band aid approach for next week.

Buy Mass Effect 2 PS3 receive 50% off another $59.99 game. Same offer for Little Big Planet. The offer will run for 4 weeks.

The system won't let me make it for all price points. The only way I can do points cards is by making it an instant conditional offer and you all know the headaches at store level getting the associates to ring it up correctly. What are your thoughts?

For Feb/Mar offers I am working on moving our coupon offers to SYWR offers. I am being told that the first of April our coupon issue will be fixed.

Gift card offers are not possible due to the way they are calculated internally.

Open to suggestions of course.[/QUOTE]

Ahhh, that's even better than the coupon, assuming it works with the CE version.

[quote name='Beatofficer']Just to make sure and avoid, what I'm assuming, it being asked a million times, will we still be able to use the coupon(s) we already have from previous offers?[/QUOTE]^^This. I think this is going to be the #1 most asked question once Josh's latest post is read.

Personal opinion here but I am ok with the deals like what was done on say BFBC:2. I got my PSN Card no problem.

I think what everyone needs to be told is when you go to get rung up make sure the game is rung first then the card. Otherwise it won't work properly.

Josh as an example, so if I get LBP2 can I get Mass Effect 50% at the same time or vise versa?

So, If I buy ME2 for $60 then I can get a different full retail PS3 game half-off?

Sorta wanted to use the coupon on a Wii game..but I guess this will work too. Thanks Josh.

[quote name='Vigilante']^^This. I think this is going to be the #1 most asked question once Josh's latest post is read.[/QUOTE]

Indeed, and considering that I still have $50, $20, and $10 coupons left over that is a huge issue! I'm going to assume they are still good though.

So, will the elusive LBP 2 CE also include the 50% off deal for a $59.99 game? Even if it does, I'm not sure what I'd want to pick up.

My problem is that I will be out of town next week. I was supposed to be gone this week but the weather changed those plans. I'm really disappointed in that because I wanted not only to try to snag a LBP 2 CE at Kmart (which might require some running around) but also play the game when it comes out! Now I have to wait till the following weekend at least.

If I can't use my $50 coupon on LBP2 I'll have to pick up a bunch of PSN cards I guess. I already have 2 $20 ones unused from previous coupons I cashed out though ;). I'm not sure I'll even have a use for all of these but I suppose I can use them to renew my PS+ this Fall.

[quote name='SHC-Gamer']Buy Mass Effect 2 PS3 receive 50% off another $59.99 game. Same offer for Little Big Planet. The offer will run for 4 weeks. The system won't let me make it for all price points.[/QUOTE]

Trying to understand the exact meaning of this language. Does it mean only games that are full MSRP ($59.99) will be eligible to be 50% off? ie You couldn't get a $20 for $10, etc...?

And/or does this apply to the CE version of LBP2?

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back