Kmartgamer

Status
Not open for further replies.

SHC-Gamer

Official Representative
www.KmartGamer.com (Blog is effective in all locations)

Sometimes, Kmartgamer offers are only featured on CAG. Usually just due to personal bandwidth on my end. Blog offers for this week will be posted tonight to alleveate any confusion.

Important: The offers this week are instant bogo's, not coupons due to previously discussed issues we are currnetly facing with our coupon program which will be fixed soon.

:ps3:1-18 Mass Effect - Buy Mass Effect 2 PS3 and get another $59.99 game 50% off (offer valid through 2/12)
  • Will be on sale for $44.99 the week of 1/30
:ps3:1-18 Little Big Planet 2 - Buy Little Big Planet 2 PS3 and get another $59.99 game 50% off (offer valid through 2/12)

Kmart Weekly Ad: (Circulars not effective in all stores, NYC and Offshore in particular)

The only noteworthy offer this week is:

• :wii:Buy Donkey Kong Country Returns and get Epic Mickey for $19.99
Only other offer not MSRP:
  • :360::ps3:Save $10 WWE Raw 2011, more of a corproate pull together offer
Like I said previously, January sucks.

Note: Savings Coupon offers are valid in all stores

Coming Soon:

Update: Submitting Feb./Mar. offers as SYWR promotions. Will post as soon as they are approved. Coupons may have temporary fix before then, if so, we'll go back to them instead of SYWR's. At the end of Mar. the coupon issue will be fixed and we'll go back to normal.
  • :360::ps3:1-25 Dead Space 2 Free 1600 XBLA Points or $20 PSN for Free
    • We show positive instock on the cards but if you run into an issue just let me know and I'll work with you.
    • Offer valid from 1/25 through 1-29
    • In many cases the points/PSN cards are located in the Gift Card rack near the front of the store by mistake.
  • :360::ps3:1-25 Two Worlds II (PS3 Version Delayed by a few days, will not ship until Friday)
    • 1-30 through 2-5, Two Worlds II will be on sale for $39.99
    • CAG only special, will not be featured on the blog
  • :wii:2-6 Mario Sports Mix TBD
  • :360::ps3: 2-8 Test Drive Unlimited 2 TBD
  • :360::ps3: 2-15 Marvel vs. Capcom 3 TBD
  • :360::ps3: 2-15 Nascar 2011 TBD
  • :360::ps3::wii: 2-15 Lego Star Wars III: The Clone Wars TBD
  • :360::ps3: 2-22 Bulletstorm TBD
  • :360::ps3: 2-22 Driver: San Francisco TBD
  • :360::ps3::wii: 2-22 De Blob: The Underground TBD
*This list is not comprehensive of every promotion that may be coming and release dates are subject to change.

Customer Questions/Comments:

General Feedback, Promotional Ideas or Anything Else :cool:

SHC-Gamer - Josh Deane [email protected]

Important: If a coupon did not print or you did not receive the value of the promotion due to a store issue I will compensate the difference. I only need the following (Please copy and paste the format below for quicker service):

• Name ____________________
  • Phone Number ____________________
  • Mailing Address ____________________
  • Receipt Number ____________________
  • Short description of incident (a novel, though enjoyed, is not required :) )
Gift cards issued usually take 7-10 days to arrive once confirmed.

CE or Specal Inventory Requests:
Email Stockboy at [email protected]

• Game ____________________
  • Platform __________________
  • Store Address _____________

Last edited by a moderator:
I know, I feel screwed because I saved up a 20 dollar coupon for kingdom hearts Re coded that is worthless because you get no coupon back.

The other half of this is I REALLY wanted dead space 2...but what is the point if its going to cost 60 dollars everywhere? Thats the biggest let down for me in years...i really wanted this game but now im going to be waiting since the deal is gone :[

[quote name='SHC-Gamer']100% not going to happen. This isn't a budget problem or change in strategy. Merely a system issue about duplicate posting of coupons and their spamming. There is a fix that is being worked on to create unique barcodes that are single use per transacton only and I am trying to push to find out the timeline.

Can't go to gift card because I get screwed on some internal financials.[/QUOTE]

Yay!

I am all for anything that inhibits the jerks that duplicate coupons and generally try to scam kmart.

I recommend keeping a large iron skillet from your housewares department in the electronics section and using it to smack customers that bring in duplicate coupons over the head as company policy.

I was joking about my pessimism but I see that didn't get across to people very well, I apologize, will edit my post.

[quote name='thingsfallnapart']I know, I feel screwed because I saved up a 20 dollar coupon for kingdom hearts Re coded that is worthless because you get no coupon back.

The other half of this is I REALLY wanted dead space 2...but what is the point if its going to cost 60 dollars everywhere? Thats the biggest let down for me in years...i really wanted this game but now im going to be waiting since the deal is gone :[[/QUOTE]

I hate to break this to you, but it's actually worth $20. Sure it sucks you can't stay on the train, but you have a piece of paper that assures you that one of those games will cost you $20 less than it will at another retailer.

[quote name='thingsfallnapart']I know, I feel screwed because I saved up a 20 dollar coupon for kingdom hearts Re coded that is worthless because you get no coupon back.

The other half of this is I REALLY wanted dead space 2...but what is the point if its going to cost 60 dollars everywhere? Thats the biggest let down for me in years...i really wanted this game but now im going to be waiting since the deal is gone :[[/QUOTE]

You could just buy it for $60 if you really want it. That's normally what people do.

[quote name='iceman88']You could just buy it for $60 if you really want it. That's normally what people do.[/QUOTE]

no 15 hour game is worth 60 bucks to me. I dont care how much i want it. And theres a thing called living expenses.

The other only reason I buy new release games AT ALL is because K mart had these awesome deals that brought the average price down to 40 dollars a new release. Thats fair to me considering most of the games are seqeuls and relativly short.

If a consumer wants to spend 60 bucks...fine let them...this is cheapassgamer Im here to get deals not get ripped off.

[quote name='sadboy']Is there anyway for someone to isolate the problem at the source (i.e. figure out in general who's doing it and where)?[/QUOTE]
The problem is SYWR's actually and the emailed receipt option.

Existing coupons have not been shut down; there was talk about it, but I shut down that option

[quote name='chriscolbert']I hate to break this to you, but it's actually worth $20. Sure it sucks you can't stay on the train, but you have a piece of paper that assures you that one of those games will cost you $20 less than it will at another retailer.[/QUOTE]

Well thats a personal issue for me. I still have not played Birth by Sleep and seeing how blockbuster overordered and basically gave the other DS KH game away, i can afford to be patient :]

It was probably people that would be buying the games for coupons, then returning them later and keeping them. Hopefully in the future, they have a better system in place so people can't take advantage of it.

So any existing coupons we have, can they be used or no? I had like $120 myself and that would totally suck if we couldn't.

Damn shame these hoarders out here had to fuck up a great thing Josh had going.

[quote name='SHC-Gamer']The problem is SYWR's actually and the emailed receipt option. [/QUOTE]

[quote name='chronojin']It was probably people that would be buying the games for coupons, then returning them later and keeping them. [/QUOTE]

I think I'll believe Josh.

[quote name='SHC-Gamer']The problem is SYWR's actually and the emailed receipt option.

Existing coupons have not been shut down; there was talk about it, but I shut down that option[/QUOTE]

Why can't yall just not offer the option of sending out the email to stop this? Obviously I don't know the other side of the problem but it seems like a cut and dry resolution

The coupon train is THE reason I've taken my business to Kmart instead of Gamestop and Amazon anymore.

fuck $&(&#(#&#(#$ you people who had to ruin a good thing. Karma will get you guys/gals one day.

[quote name='thingsfallnapart']no 15 hour game is worth 60 bucks to me. I dont care how much i want it. And theres a thing called living expenses.

The other only reason I buy new release games AT ALL is because K mart had these awesome deals that brought the average price down to 40 dollars a new release. Thats fair to me considering most of the games are seqeuls and relativly short.

If a consumer wants to spend 60 bucks...fine let them...this is cheapassgamer Im here to get deals not get ripped off.[/QUOTE]
For Dead Space 2, I'm open for suggestions. I do not find the buy/get % off very compelling since it restricts price point. The instant conditional offer for points leads to numerous customer issues and I can't run GC's.

I think in Feb. SYWR points will solve as an interim fix but I do want to hit Dead Space 2.

BTW, for Mass Effect 2 PS3, I have it on sale for $44.99 and 50% off Dragon Age Ultimate Edition with purchase the week of 1/30. I feel ok on this title because of that offer.

[quote name='chronojin']Why can't yall just not offer the option of sending out the email to stop this? Obviously I don't know the other side of the problem but it seems like a cut and dry resolution

The coupon train is THE reason I've taken my business to Kmart instead of Gamestop and Amazon anymore.

fuck $&(&#(#&#(#$ you people who had to ruin a good thing. Karma will get you guys/gals one day.[/QUOTE]
Excactly what I requested but the emailed receipt option is considered a higher priority than my area.....

[quote name='SHC-Gamer']

For Feb/Mar offers I am working on moving our coupon offers to SYWR offers. I am being told that the first of April our coupon issue will be fixed.

Gift card offers are not possible due to the way they are calculated internally.

Open to suggestions of course.[/QUOTE]

The problem with the SYWR thing is there are people that have not gotten points in the past. I have to call in on regular purchases to make sure I get my points.

On the Gift card thing maybe somebody up top needs a new Calculator;) Because it seems to work for Wallyworld, TRus and several other stores.

Or just forget the coupons and screw the suppliers and take cash right off the top and screw the consequences:bomb:

[quote name='freeorelse']The problem with the SYWR thing is there are people that have not gotten points in the past. I have to call in on regular purchases to make sure I get my points.

On the Gift card thing maybe somebody up top needs a new Calculator;) Because it seems to work for Wallyworld, TRus and several other stores.

Or just forget the coupons and screw the suppliers and take cash right off the top and screw the consequences:bomb:[/QUOTE]
I believe that all of the SYWR issues have been fixed for new purchases. I don't know if screwing the relationship I have wth publishers is the best option :)

GC's do work, the math supports. Can't pull it off though due to some internal restraints. I still have to play the hands I'm dealt.

[quote name='SHC-Gamer']I believe that all of the SYWR issues have been fixed for new purchases. I don't know if screwing the relationship I have wth publishers is the best option :)

GC's do work, the math supports. Can't pull it off though due to some internal restraints. I still have to play the hands I'm dealt.[/QUOTE]

Can't keep the same job forever:cool:

Sooooo... Buy LBP 2 at retail, get dead space 2 half off...?
That sounds GREAT to me!

Josh, I am all for unique barcodes for coupons, and free wii/360/psn point cards, and I like the sound of this instant savings.

How about 5X reward points as well?

Honestly, best buy has a "gamers club" that adds to their rewards card, with special rules for game, hardware, and accessory purchases. I bet you are well aware of it. Kmarts deals have been better, and a deal lasting 4 weeks that is buy 1 get 1 50% off?
I am no accountant, but hows that help the bottom line? :)

[quote name='SHC-Gamer']For Dead Space 2, I'm open for suggestions. I do not find the buy/get % off very compelling since it restricts price point. The instant conditional offer for points leads to numerous customer issues and I can't run GC's.

I think in Feb. SYWR points will solve as an interim fix but I do want to hit Dead Space 2.

BTW, for Mass Effect 2 PS3, I have it on sale for $44.99 and 50% off Dragon Age Ultimate Edition with purchase the week of 1/30. I feel ok on this title because of that offer.[/QUOTE]

Could you do something like make Dead space 2 49.99 with a 10 dollar kmart gift card?

[quote name='Megatim81']Sooooo... Buy LBP 2 at retail, get dead space 2 half off...?
That sounds GREAT to me!

Josh, I am all for unique barcodes for coupons, and free wii/360/psn point cards, and I like the sound of this instant savings.

How about 5X reward points as well?

Honestly, best buy has a "gamers club" that adds to their rewards card, with special rules for game, hardware, and accessory purchases. I bet you are well aware of it. Kmarts deals have been better, and a deal lasting 4 weeks that is buy 1 get 1 50% off?
I am no accountant, but hows that help the bottom line? :)[/QUOTE]
Yes, that is why I extended the deal to run for weeks. I basically backed into the train logic with the system I have.

I like the 5x idea, I could probably do that in Feb. I agree with the previous post though that Dead Space 2 needs special love. Have to figure something out that is compelling.

[quote name='thingsfallnapart']Could you do something like make Dead space 2 49.99 with a 10 dollar kmart gift card?[/QUOTE]
I wouldn't get the GC approved the way it's set up here. All of my offers have to get approved by finance and the GC has never been a good guy.

[quote name='SHC-Gamer']I wouldn't get the GC approved the way it's set up here. All of my offers have to get approved by finance and the GC has never been a good guy.[/QUOTE]

Is two weeks to little time to move it over to SYWR points instead of a coupon? Or if you could even move the deal back a week and get 20-25 in SYWR points to move into to feburary bracket would still be offer....It is a FAR better offer then any other retailer which give, which is nada..

Josh I was wondering about those e-mailed coupons back in Nov/Dec. On a few of my purchases I got these and ones at the register and the guy swore they could be used a double coupon offer he said.

I never used them but this combined with a time I returned a game I think Castlevania I tried to return a coupon and the clerk wouldn't take it. I'm guessing this is where a lot of the problem stems.

Maybe some retraining or memos would help?

[quote name='thingsfallnapart']Is two weeks to little time to move it over to SYWR points instead of a coupon? Or if you could even move the deal back a week and get 20-25 in SYWR points to move into to feburary bracket would still be offer....It is a FAR better offer then any other retailer which give, which is nada..[/QUOTE]
Ah, very good idea.

[quote name='chronojin']fuck $&(&#(#&#(#$ you people who had to ruin a good thing. Karma will get you guys/gals one day.[/QUOTE]

Agreed. I'm also wondering though if the Fallout/Epic Mickey "pre-order" boxes had a negative effect somehow on the coupon promotions.

As for Dead Space 2, I would be happy with getting 50% off another game since Two Worlds 2 comes out the same day. Was going to wait on it since I wouldn't have been able to use the DS2 coupon on it right away but I will probably pick it up on release day for half off. Then again, if TRU's offer is strong on DS2 I might have to go with them since I still have a $20 GC to use that expires on the 31st.

[quote name='SHC-Gamer'] I agree with the previous post though that Dead Space 2 needs special love. Have to figure something out that is compelling.[/QUOTE]

how about a free dead space blu ray? Or a free horror movie?
OR dead space 1 or dante's inferno free with DS2 purchase (all same developer and publisher, and you get to clear out stagnating stock)!

But really, i will probably just get LBP2 and take DS2 for half off :)

Damn, sucks to hear about all this craziness. Although I tried seeing what is exactly happening with Dead Space 2 (sounds like nothing is final yet, like ME2), I am very interested in knowing so I can figure out what I'm doing with my Brotherhood coupon lol (that expires on 28th, had everything planned out! lol)

Regardless, can't express my gratitude enough for all the hard work that is put into this. Thanks!

[quote name='Megatim81']how about a free dead space blu ray? Or a free horror movie?
OR dead space 1 or dante's inferno free with DS2 purchase (all same developer and publisher, and you get to clear out stagnating stock)!

But really, i will probably just get LBP2 and take DS2 for half off :)[/QUOTE]
Very solid; Dante's inferno could work but I don't think I could get it back instock intime. I'll check.

I do have Dead Space 1 on sale for 9.99 the week DS2 comes out.

Wait, you said the get ME2, get another $60 game half off deal is for 4 weeks. How does that interact with ME2 being on sale for $45 the week of the 30th?

I also still don't really understand the current problem with the coupons. The second post says that stores reject email coupons. But really, much like you did with the whole "multiple gaming coupons can be used" thing, can't you just put in bold letters across the top of the coupon "do not accept this coupon if it is email/not original/not printed on register paper"? Since it'll only be for a couple weeks before you start doing the SYWR stuff, I wouldn't imagine it would be that much of a problem.

so will our old coupons still work? i saw some people ask several post back but i dont see an answer. And i will not be purchasing these games without the coupons from kmart ill go back to amazon orders for now, and ill buy a couple psn cards with my remaining coupons. Look forward to the return of the coupons/sywr bonuses

[quote name='bredbu']so will our old coupons still work? i saw some people ask several post back but i dont see an answer. And i will not be purchasing these games without the coupons from kmart ill go back to amazon orders for now, and ill buy a couple psn cards with my remaining coupons. Look forward to the return of the coupons/sywr bonuses[/QUOTE]
Old coupons still work.

[quote name='jhuneycutt']Wait, you said the get ME2, get another $60 game half off deal is for 4 weeks. How does that interact with ME2 being on sale for $45 the week of the 30th?

I also still don't really understand the current problem with the coupons. The second post says that stores reject email coupons. But really, much like you did with the whole "multiple gaming coupons can be used" thing, can't you just put in bold letters across the top of the coupon "do not accept this coupon if it is email/not original/not printed on register paper"? Since it'll only be for a couple weeks before you start doing the SYWR stuff, I wouldn't imagine it would be that much of a problem.[/QUOTE]
I wonder if I could get that approved.....goes against what they are trying to do, but like you said it would be just for a couple of weeks.

I'm not going to bother to read Josh's posts, but I have plenty of suggestions of how he should work his job. Anyone want to hear them?

Will Kmart have the EPIC EDITION (that includes the Gears 3 beta) of Bulletstorm in-stock when it releases or will they only be getting a standard version of the game?

[quote name='BLAKHOODe']Will Kmart have the EPIC EDITION (that includes the Gears 3 beta) of Bulletstorm in-stock when it releases or will they only be getting a standard version of the game?[/QUOTE]
Yep, it's just like the Medal of Honor LE in that all launch copies will be Epic's.

[quote name='SHC-Gamer']I wonder if I could get that approved.....goes against what they are trying to do, but like you said it would be just for a couple of weeks.[/QUOTE]

Well if what they're trying to do is not lose money on coupon fraud, it seems like it goes right along with what they're trying to do. :D

Another thing is, that would be on only like 4 coupons (ME2, LBP2, DS2, and Two Worlds 2). If the weekly ads (which I assume it's too late to change for any of those) mention the coupon deal, then this will preserve the truth to those ads. If the ads don't mention the deal or point the reader to the kmartgamer blog, you control all information on the deals through this post and the blog and you can let people know to not choose email coupons. That way everyone will know about the restriction ahead of time and no one will be able to get mad about it after the fact. Just more things to tell your boss to get him to let you do it.

[quote name='jhuneycutt']Well if what they're trying to do is not lose money on coupon fraud, it seems like it goes right along with what they're trying to do. :D

Another thing is, that would be on only like 4 coupons (ME2, LBP2, DS2, and Two Worlds 2). If the weekly ads (which I assume it's too late to change for any of those) mention the coupon deal, then this will preserve the truth to those ads. If the ads don't mention the deal or point the reader to the kmartgamer blog, you control all information on the deals through this post and the blog and you can let people know to not choose email coupons. That way everyone will know about the restriction ahead of time and no one will be able to get mad about it after the fact. Just more things to tell your boss to get him to let you do it.[/QUOTE]
I just fired off your suggestion. I'm hoping it sticks!

All it would say in big bold letters. "Do not accept printed versions of this coupon upon pain of death." or something like that :) Should curb issues until the fix.

Just wanted to confirm with all those who have been emailing me, we are getting CEs of Marvel vs Capcom 3 but it will be tight. About 1 in 3 to 1 in 4 stores will get it (depending on platform). All those who have emailed me about it should be good on release day.

As for Dead Space 2 I haven't heard back from EA but I highly doubt this late in the game we will be getting any of those CEs...sorry.

Im lost as to whats going on but I saw the buy ME2/LBP2 get another game half off 4 week deal.

If that is in fact what the deal is what happens when I buy ME2 with LBP2 or 2 copies of either? I'd get that sorted if it's an issue so you dont end up with basically a B1G1 free deal. Unless you're ok with that of course, because I certainly am!

Also I think it was asked but does that mean that the CE of LBP2 will not have any offer, or can that title be included?

Anyway what a mess. Good luck.

If a local Kmart actually has the LBP2 CE, then the 50% off would be great. It would be crazy if you can chain it; LBP2 gives 50% off ME2 which gives 50% off another $60+ game!

[quote name='SHC-Gamer']BTW, for Mass Effect 2 PS3, I have it on sale for $44.99.[/quote]

Great! I will make sure to wait at buy it from my local Kmart that week then. Thanks for the heads-up!

[quote name='SHC-Gamer']BTW, for Mass Effect 2 PS3, I have it on sale for $44.99.[/QUOTE]

Great! I will make sure to wait and buy it from my local Kmart on the 30th. Thanks for the heads-up! :applause:

[quote name='SHC-Gamer']I just fired off your suggestion. I'm hoping it sticks!

All it would say in big bold letters. "Do not accept printed versions of this coupon upon pain of death." or something like that :) Should curb issues until the fix.[/QUOTE]
Not to get all squishy here, but I like how this is working out with the community. KMart is making an awesome effort to woo our hard earned dollars. It worked. And, of course, like all well laid plans, things still went somewhat wrong. But rather than throw the baby out with the bathwater like so many others and just shut the whole thing down, KMart solicits our feedback and mixes it with their own to figure out how to make this whole thing continue to be win-win.

Other retailers should take note. They probably won't, but they should. Well played, KMart, well played indeed.

Wow...I think I'm going to skip Kmart as well :(....

I think the best option wud be to have unique one time use coupon codes...Is that too hard for your IT guys to implement????

SYWR sucks because sometimes we forget about it and the kmart employees don't even bother asking about it at all (At BB I have always been asked, do you have a rewards card?)...and also once I bought a game from Kmart.com and it was supposed to come with 25000 points. But I did not get any points, bought the same game at the store(got the points this time), and then returned the Online purchased game, and it just took off the 25000 points from my account..assuming it was bought at the store/and returned at the store...eventho I had the online receipt when returning..I had a tough time calling more than a few times to get it back.....and also SYWR is not accurate, dependable & reliable and some of us have had problems in the past...

Just my .02...

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back