Kmartgamer

Status
Not open for further replies.

SHC-Gamer

Official Representative
www.KmartGamer.com (Blog is effective in all locations)

Sometimes, Kmartgamer offers are only featured on CAG. Usually just due to personal bandwidth on my end. Blog offers for this week will be posted tonight to alleveate any confusion.

Important: The offers this week are instant bogo's, not coupons due to previously discussed issues we are currnetly facing with our coupon program which will be fixed soon.

:ps3:1-18 Mass Effect - Buy Mass Effect 2 PS3 and get another $59.99 game 50% off (offer valid through 2/12)
  • Will be on sale for $44.99 the week of 1/30
:ps3:1-18 Little Big Planet 2 - Buy Little Big Planet 2 PS3 and get another $59.99 game 50% off (offer valid through 2/12)

Kmart Weekly Ad: (Circulars not effective in all stores, NYC and Offshore in particular)

The only noteworthy offer this week is:

• :wii:Buy Donkey Kong Country Returns and get Epic Mickey for $19.99
Only other offer not MSRP:
  • :360::ps3:Save $10 WWE Raw 2011, more of a corproate pull together offer
Like I said previously, January sucks.

Note: Savings Coupon offers are valid in all stores

Coming Soon:

Update: Submitting Feb./Mar. offers as SYWR promotions. Will post as soon as they are approved. Coupons may have temporary fix before then, if so, we'll go back to them instead of SYWR's. At the end of Mar. the coupon issue will be fixed and we'll go back to normal.
  • :360::ps3:1-25 Dead Space 2 Free 1600 XBLA Points or $20 PSN for Free
    • We show positive instock on the cards but if you run into an issue just let me know and I'll work with you.
    • Offer valid from 1/25 through 1-29
    • In many cases the points/PSN cards are located in the Gift Card rack near the front of the store by mistake.
  • :360::ps3:1-25 Two Worlds II (PS3 Version Delayed by a few days, will not ship until Friday)
    • 1-30 through 2-5, Two Worlds II will be on sale for $39.99
    • CAG only special, will not be featured on the blog
  • :wii:2-6 Mario Sports Mix TBD
  • :360::ps3: 2-8 Test Drive Unlimited 2 TBD
  • :360::ps3: 2-15 Marvel vs. Capcom 3 TBD
  • :360::ps3: 2-15 Nascar 2011 TBD
  • :360::ps3::wii: 2-15 Lego Star Wars III: The Clone Wars TBD
  • :360::ps3: 2-22 Bulletstorm TBD
  • :360::ps3: 2-22 Driver: San Francisco TBD
  • :360::ps3::wii: 2-22 De Blob: The Underground TBD
*This list is not comprehensive of every promotion that may be coming and release dates are subject to change.

Customer Questions/Comments:

General Feedback, Promotional Ideas or Anything Else :cool:

SHC-Gamer - Josh Deane [email protected]

Important: If a coupon did not print or you did not receive the value of the promotion due to a store issue I will compensate the difference. I only need the following (Please copy and paste the format below for quicker service):

• Name ____________________
  • Phone Number ____________________
  • Mailing Address ____________________
  • Receipt Number ____________________
  • Short description of incident (a novel, though enjoyed, is not required :) )
Gift cards issued usually take 7-10 days to arrive once confirmed.

CE or Specal Inventory Requests:
Email Stockboy at [email protected]

• Game ____________________
  • Platform __________________
  • Store Address _____________

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Toomuchboost']How old are some of you guys? Stop crying![/QUOTE]

I agree. if the question being asked has nothign to do with you or you dont have anything to really add to it, then just move on.

So the way I understand it (or don't)

ME2 for PS3 is

Week of 1/18 - 50% off another $59.99 game which lasts 4 weeks, but do you have to buy both at the same time and the overall deal lasts 4 weeks or is it a coupon for 50% off that expires after 4 weeks?

Week of 1/30 - $44.99 and Dragon Age Ultimate 50% off. Here's another place I'm confused. Why have this deal if you have another going for 4 weeks that lets you get any game 50% off? This has me thinking I'm not understanding it right.

It would be nice if SHC-gamer could explain how these work in clearer terms, as how they've been written so far its quite confusing. I'd hoped to use a coupon from ME2 on KZ3 next month if possible, and I'm not really interested in other games right now so if it doesn't allow KZ3 I might look for deals elsewhere. Any clarification would be appreciated.

Edit: If both offers are coexisting the week of the 30th do I have to choose between ME2 at $59.99 with any game half off and ME2 at $44.99 with Dragon Age half off? Anyway quite confusing.

looks like my $20 coupon that expires on the 15th is going to waste. tried to get a 1600pts card a couple weeks ago but since the pts cost $19.99 and the coupon is for $20, it wouldnt work. so today i thought maybe ill just get a 4000pts card for $30 after coupon. none in stock. also tried vanquish which is $40 on their site but $60 instore and im not paying $40 after coupon when $40 is supposed to be the new msrp. this is ridiculous...

[quote name='InvertY']So the way I understand it (or don't)

ME2 for PS3 is

Week of 1/18 - 50% off another $59.99 game which lasts 4 weeks, but do you have to buy both at the same time and the overall deal lasts 4 weeks or is it a coupon for 50% off that expires after 4 weeks?

Week of 1/30 - $44.99 and Dragon Age Ultimate 50% off. Here's another place I'm confused. Why have this deal if you have another going for 4 weeks that lets you get any game 50% off? This has me thinking I'm not understanding it right.

It would be nice if SHC-gamer could explain how these work in clearer terms, as how they've been written so far its quite confusing. I'd hoped to use a coupon from ME2 on KZ3 next month if possible, and I'm not really interested in other games right now so if it doesn't allow KZ3 I might look for deals elsewhere. Any clarification would be appreciated.

Edit: If both offers are coexisting the week of the 30th do I have to choose between ME2 at $59.99 with any game half off and ME2 at $44.99 with Dragon Age half off? Anyway quite confusing.[/QUOTE]

I agree that the second point is a bit confusing, but in reference to your first question Josh clarified that the 2 games have to be purchased at the same time:

[quote name='SHC-Gamer']Unfortunately the bogo requires that it occur in the same transaction. Not an ideal offer, I know. I just wanted to make sure something was out there while we get approvals on temp and perm fixes for the coupons.[/QUOTE]

My kmart allowed me to get $20 off my order total. I had to buy two things gaming related that cost me around $24 total and then the coupon worked.

[quote name='41down']looks like my $20 coupon that expires on the 15th is going to waste. tried to get a 1600pts card a couple weeks ago but since the pts cost $19.99 and the coupon is for $20, it wouldnt work. so today i thought maybe ill just get a 4000pts card for $30 after coupon. none in stock. also tried vanquish which is $40 on their site but $60 instore and im not paying $40 after coupon when $40 is supposed to be the new msrp. this is ridiculous...[/QUOTE]

[quote name='shadowknight203']if the coupons for January are all canceled, why even have them still posted at the begginging of the thread?[/QUOTE]

The only one that has been officially canceled right now is the Kindgom Hearts coupon. Still waiting on word from Josh regarding the others.

[quote name='chriscolbert']I agree that the second point is a bit confusing, but in reference to your first question Josh clarified that the 2 games have to be purchased at the same time:[/QUOTE]
Didn't see that post, thanks. Hopefully the coupon issues can get worked out soon

[quote name='joeshmoe']Dragon Age 2 is gonna retail for $75?!

Holy crab, looks like I might have to pre-order this..[/QUOTE]

That's the Collector's Edition (which contains everything for the Signature Edition+extras I believe).

Retail for vanilla Dragon Age 2 will still be 60.

Went to Kmart to use my final $30 coupon on some points cards because I could no longer get Kingdom Hearts. Found the Nintendo Points Cards where they were supposed to be, which was a surprise. They were "locked out" though, so I had to get an employee. Went up to customer service:

Me: I want to get some Nintendo Points cards and it looks like I need the Key to get them.
Him: Get the what?
Me: Points Cards.
Him: For Xbox?
Me: No. Nintendo.

He was still confused. We headed to the back and I showed him the points cards.

Him: Oh.
Me: Two of them.
Him: What are these for?
Me: For buying downloadable games.
Him: On the Wii?
Me: The Wii or the DS.
Him: But you are getting them to use on Wii?
Me: Yes (DS actually, but whatever)
Him: Oh...... You don't have the Homebrew Channel? (

Doesn't really surprise me about the Kmart employees. Sometimes I feel like the group of friends I have and I are about the only people who haven't hacked their Wii yet. Not because of something a Kmart employee in particular says or anything, but just because of how many people I've had ask me if I hacked my Wii yet.

I'm not really sure why he even cares whether you're buying them for the Wii or not. The store is getting a sale, ffs.

why am I not surprised that there is a "problem" with the KINGDOM HEARTS coup, a lot of us were probably planning on using our remaining coupon which expires this week on that one and KMART knew it. Bad business I wish I had just stuck with Amazon for my holiday game purchases were returns involving deals aren't a NIGHTMARE. This straight up sucks and will affect my buying decisons in the future. The coupons expire too fast and the ignorance and unhelpfullness of KMARTs game section employees never ceases to amaze.

^There have to be SOME drawbacks to these great deals. There is a reason why they give you a $20 coupon instead of marking it down $20 on the week of release. They know that down the line you might either forget about a coupon expiring OR you end up buying things you normally wouldn't becaue of the coupons.

Edit: Same with the returns. The fact that you are KIND OF stuck with the games you purchased with coupons is also beneficial for Kmart. Not getting coupon value back when you return is the reason I have kept certain games that later went on a somewhat better sale.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='apocrypha']why am I not surprised that there is a "problem" with the KINGDOM HEARTS coup, a lot of us were probably planning on using our remaining coupon which expires this week on that one and KMART knew it. Bad business I wish I had just stuck with Amazon for my holiday game purchases were returns involving deals aren't a NIGHTMARE. This straight up sucks and will affect my buying decisons in the future. The coupons expire too fast and the ignorance and unhelpfullness of KMARTs game section employees never ceases to amaze.[/QUOTE]

Please go whine elsewhere.

1. Josh couldn't help canceling the KH promo. If he could have, he would have kept it going.
2. Coupons don't expire for SIX WEEKS. If that's not long enough for you, that's too bad, because YOU KNEW THAT GOING IN.
3. If you're so worried about getting a game on release day, you should know that Kmart is probably one of the few places that you won't be able to get the game. Plus, Toys R Us is offering a $15 GC when you buy Kingdom Hearts- and Josh even said that was probably the best alternative. (Umm, hello, Josh is telling you to go to one of their rivals, that's a pretty big sign that he wants us to get a good deal on the game).
4. If Josh trying to avoid us losing these deals altogether is a dealbreaker for you, then that's great for the rest of us that are competent individuals and can realize that, while losing the KH deal sucks, it's for the better in the long run.

[quote name='Altanis']I'm not really sure why he even cares whether you're buying them for the Wii or not. The store is getting a sale, ffs.[/QUOTE]

He was probably just trying to make conversation.

[quote name='DonWii']Went to Kmart to use my final $30 coupon on some points cards because I could no longer get Kingdom Hearts. Found the Nintendo Points Cards where they were supposed to be, which was a surprise. They were "locked out" though, so I had to get an employee. Went up to customer service:

Me: I want to get some Nintendo Points cards and it looks like I need the Key to get them.
Him: Get the what?
Me: Points Cards.
Him: For Xbox?
Me: No. Nintendo.

He was still confused. We headed to the back and I showed him the points cards.

Him: Oh.
Me: Two of them.
Him: What are these for?
Me: For buying downloadable games.
Him: On the Wii?
Me: The Wii or the DS.
Him: But you are getting them to use on Wii?
Me: Yes (DS actually, but whatever)
Him: Oh...... You don't have the Homebrew Channel? (

Hmm... I'm a bit sad about the LBP2 change. I wanted to get the CE and there's nothing else brand new I'm really interested in (except another CE for my friend, but that's not $59.99).

[quote name='e Skrilla']$20 credit for both dead space 2 and lbp 2? Is this still available because that's just amazing.[/QUOTE]

Right there on the front page in huge text

[quote name='e Skrilla']$20 credit for both dead space 2 and lbp 2? Is this still available because that's just amazing.[/QUOTE]
Read the giant red font in the OP.

I promise that your answer is somewhere in there. And yes, I'm aware that "in there" is in reference to that ginormous 2 lines of text.

So now when we buy LBP2, we get a $20 coupon, 50% off another game, a high five, and a back rub from Josh? This might be the best deal I've seen yet.

[quote name='gettinmoney662']So now when we buy LBP2, we get a $20 coupon, 50% off another game, a high five, and a back rub from Josh? This might be the best deal I've seen yet.[/QUOTE]
I'm guessing your whole post is just sarcasm but if not, no you will not get a $20 coupon and 50% off another game.

[quote name='Scorch']The OP really needs to be updated..[/QUOTE]

Agreed!

I'm scared, I want Dead Space 2 and LBP2 so bad from Kmart!

[quote name='Moradeth']That's the Collector's Edition (which contains everything for the Signature Edition+extras I believe).

Retail for vanilla Dragon Age 2 will still be 60.[/QUOTE]

there is no collector's edition. Only the signature edition. That is what kmart is charging $75 for. They said pre-order it before january 11th to get the SE upgrade for free. so you may be pushing it.

[quote name='ShockandAww']I'm guessing your whole post is just sarcasm but if not, no you will not get a $20 coupon and 50% off another game.[/QUOTE]

Well damn, do we still get the backrub?

[quote name='Altanis']Read the giant red font in the OP.

I promise that your answer is somewhere in there. And yes, I'm aware that "in there" is in reference to that ginormous 2 lines of text.[/QUOTE]

Well....

1.) It says that he adjusting the January offers as of today at 5 which means that was 2 days ago.

2.) I see mix comments saying that KH is cancelled and/or LBP2 and DS2 are cancelled

since you want to be such a smartass about it, Josh if you can...could YOU tell me the straight answer?! I would greatly appreciated it. :roll:

[quote name='e Skrilla']Well....

1.) It says that he adjusting the January offers as of today at 5 which means that was 2 days ago.

2.) I see mix comments saying that KH is cancelled and/or LBP2 and DS2 are cancelled

since you want to be such a smartass about it, Josh if you can...could YOU tell me the straight answer?! I would greatly appreciated it. :roll:[/QUOTE]

Josh has told us the straight answer. There's your hint, time for a scavenger hunt!

i for one am going to buy ds2, get the 25 coupon and buy lbp2 since im buying dead space 2 same sad as i buy lbp2 50 percent off and get that coupon of 20 total amount:100$ but 45 in coupons..good deal

[quote name='Altanis']Please go whine elsewhere.

1. Josh couldn't help canceling the KH promo. If he could have, he would have kept it going.
2. Coupons don't expire for SIX WEEKS. If that's not long enough for you, that's too bad, because YOU KNEW THAT GOING IN.
3. If you're so worried about getting a game on release day, you should know that Kmart is probably one of the few places that you won't be able to get the game. Plus, Toys R Us is offering a $15 GC when you buy Kingdom Hearts- and Josh even said that was probably the best alternative. (Umm, hello, Josh is telling you to go to one of their rivals, that's a pretty big sign that he wants us to get a good deal on the game).
4. If Josh trying to avoid us losing these deals altogether is a dealbreaker for you, then that's great for the rest of us that are competent individuals and can realize that, while losing the KH deal sucks, it's for the better in the long run.[/QUOTE]

1.) If kmart was more efficient then this almost would never have happened. He has been doing this for around a year. I could understand this if they were just trying it out. But it has been going in full force for a while.

2.) I agree except when the Coupons come around the end year holidays such as thanksgiving, christmas ect... They should be extended until February. People that get these coupons around these holidays have to consider if family, or friends are getting a game that comes out around then. If they do what are they supposed to do with the copy they were forced to use their coupon on from Kmart cause of the expiration dates? Itwould be easier if kmart just extended the coupons that you get from late novemeber through december to 2 months.

3.) If they won't have it on release day then why advertise it for release day with coupon? They could easily put down the date they expect all stores to recieve shipment of said game as the deal date. thus it would make it easier on the consumer in general.

4.) It's not just the Kingdom hearts fiasco that is the dealbreaker. It is the poor general service that a good portion of kmarts give. For all the good SHC Gamer has done for kmart, the stores in general ruin it. Then with the whole coupons issue and KH deal being cancelled, has alienated a portion of his consumer base.

There is a reason why they give you a $20 coupon instead of marking it down $20 on the week of release. They know that down the line you might either forget about a coupon expiring OR you end up buying things you normally wouldn't becaue of the coupons.

That, and also the fact that markdowns can be price-matched (by Walmart or Amazon most likely), whereas coupon deals cannot be matched.

[quote name='shadowknight203']i for one am going to buy ds2, get the 25 coupon and buy lbp2 since im buying dead space 2 same sad as i buy lbp2 50 percent off and get that coupon of 20 total amount:100$ but 45 in coupons..good deal[/QUOTE]

What?

[quote name='e Skrilla']Well....

since you want to be such a smartass about it, Josh if you can...could YOU tell me the straight answer?! I would greatly appreciated it. :roll:[/QUOTE]
I believe I have posted the January offers and what I am trying to do for Feb. and Mar. until I can get the coupon issue fixed.

I am also trying to work out a striaght savings offer on Kingdom Hearts in lieu of the cancellation that occured and am awaiting confirmation from Square.

[quote name='RySenkari']That, and also the fact that markdowns can be price-matched (by Walmart or Amazon most likely), whereas coupon deals cannot be matched.[/QUOTE]
The main reason for a coupon is the return visit spend amount to the category.

[quote name='Ray5555']1.) If kmart was more efficient then this almost would never have happened. He has been doing this for around a year. I could understand this if they were just trying it out. But it has been going in full force for a while.

2.) I agree except when the Coupons come around the end year holidays such as thanksgiving, christmas ect... They should be extended until February. People that get these coupons around these holidays have to consider if family, or friends are getting a game that comes out around then. If they do what are they supposed to do with the copy they were forced to use their coupon on from Kmart cause of the expiration dates? Itwould be easier if kmart just extended the coupons that you get from late novemeber through december to 2 months.

3.) If they won't have it on release day then why advertise it for release day with coupon? They could easily put down the date they expect all stores to recieve shipment of said game as the deal date. thus it would make it easier on the consumer in general.

4.) It's not just the Kingdom hearts fiasco that is the dealbreaker. It is the poor general service that a good portion of kmarts give. For all the good SHC Gamer has done for kmart, the stores in general ruin it. Then with the whole coupons issue and KH deal being cancelled, has alienated a portion of his consumer base.[/QUOTE]
1) Kmart built a pretty cool efficiency in building the emailed receipt option. It is definitely a good way for customers to file their purchases and keep track of their history. The unforseen affect is the duplication of coupon offers in which I am primarily the only user of in the company. We have isolated the issue and based on IT's current work schedule, they will be able to test the fix in the beginning of Mar. and have a roll out by the end of Mar. I am quite pleased that they are partnering with me at all. We only really began offering coupon offers on releases in May and the issue was not discovered until Holiday based on redemption results.
2) Respectfully disagree, coupons can be used on existing product and that has value as well. Chaining for new releases though optimal is not a coupons only value.
3) We have all new releases on release day from a shipping perspective barring any issues from the publishers themselves. We have only struggled from backroom receiving to sales floor. Having been irrelevant for the last decade in gaming to one of the largest software houses in NA in less than a year is a culture shock for sure that we continue to have to work through.
4) I just have to keep fighting the good fight here. The KH street week deal is unfortunate but I am sure if we get the issue fixed that those who have found value in what we have done in the past will continue to find value in the future.

Josh, if I'm reading this correctly, you can buy Mass Effect 2 and get another $59.99 game for 50% off for four weeks, and then two weeks later (on January 30), Mass Effect 2 will drop to $44.99, and the previous offer will still be running. Does that mean that we can potentially get Mass Effect 2 for $44.99 and another game for 50%? Or is it only one deal or the other, or what? If you or anyone can provide clarification to my question, that would be awesome.

[quote name='dago2727']Hey Josh. Sent you an email last night regarding the $10 coupon for WWE All Stars. Please let me know what you think. Thanks![/QUOTE]
I am sure I can help.

[quote name='choffy21']Josh, if I'm reading this correctly, you can buy Mass Effect 2 and get another $59.99 game for 50% off for four weeks, and then two weeks later (on January 30), Mass Effect 2 will drop to $44.99, and the previous offer will still be running. Does that mean that we can potentially get Mass Effect 2 for $44.99 and another game for 50%? Or is it only one deal or the other, or what? If you or anyone can provide clarification to my question, that would be awesome.[/QUOTE]
You can definitely use the 50% off offer in conjuction with the $44.99 price point according to my systems team.

[quote name='apocrypha']why am I not surprised that there is a "problem" with the KINGDOM HEARTS coup, a lot of us were probably planning on using our remaining coupon which expires this week on that one and KMART knew it. Bad business I wish I had just stuck with Amazon for my holiday game purchases were returns involving deals aren't a NIGHTMARE. This straight up sucks and will affect my buying decisons in the future. The coupons expire too fast and the ignorance and unhelpfullness of KMARTs game section employees never ceases to amaze.[/QUOTE]
I'm guessing the " " marks denote a sense of purposeful conspiracy in which I am screwing over people trying to use coupons before they expire.

Definitely not the case though I understand the frustration and empathize. Working as quickly as possible to get the ball rolling again.

[quote name='41down']looks like my $20 coupon that expires on the 15th is going to waste. tried to get a 1600pts card a couple weeks ago but since the pts cost $19.99 and the coupon is for $20, it wouldnt work. so today i thought maybe ill just get a 4000pts card for $30 after coupon. none in stock. also tried vanquish which is $40 on their site but $60 instore and im not paying $40 after coupon when $40 is supposed to be the new msrp. this is ridiculous...[/QUOTE]
Sega did not send us the price protection paperwork; we have contacted them and will be adjusting Vanquish's price as soon as the subsidy is processed.

[quote name='Scorch']That's stupid. I know they're using data from past CE sales to decide what stores get stock of the LBP CE and how many they get, but LBP is a title marketed for everyone, so you can't really use data on sales of CE's like Halo Reach and Assassin's Creed for a game like this. I'm going to miss out on a LBP2 CE because Fatso McHoarderton grabbed three Halo Reach Legendary Editions at some K-Mart in NY to try to turn a profit on.[/QUOTE]
CE's are actually allocated for the most part. The publisher determined the amount sent to the retailer and since we do not have a strong pre order business, we usually do not get the large share of these allocations.

[quote name='InvertY']So the way I understand it (or don't)

ME2 for PS3 is

Edit: If both offers are coexisting the week of the 30th do I have to choose between ME2 at $59.99 with any game half off and ME2 at $44.99 with Dragon Age half off? Anyway quite confusing.[/QUOTE]
Because the print advertised deal was created before the change was forced upon me for Jan.

[quote name='litobirdy']Josh since February is a short month is ther ANY posible way to extend the LBP deal thru february? Killzone 3 comes out the 22nd, and it'd be KILLER DEAL to get lbp and killzone for buy1 get half off deal.... so what do you say???[/QUOTE]
I'm hoping to do either a coupon offer with a temp fix by then on KZ3 or a SYWR offer.

[quote name='Toomuchboost']I don't think it was answered but I asked yesterday, I want to buy lbp2 ce will the half off work if I enclude mass effect?[/QUOTE]
You would get half off Mass Effect 2, yes. Not off the CE of LBP2 which would act as the "trigger" for the deal.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back