Kmartgamer

Status
Not open for further replies.

SHC-Gamer

Official Representative
www.KmartGamer.com (Blog is effective in all locations)

Sometimes, Kmartgamer offers are only featured on CAG. Usually just due to personal bandwidth on my end. Blog offers for this week will be posted tonight to alleveate any confusion.

Important: The offers this week are instant bogo's, not coupons due to previously discussed issues we are currnetly facing with our coupon program which will be fixed soon.

:ps3:1-18 Mass Effect - Buy Mass Effect 2 PS3 and get another $59.99 game 50% off (offer valid through 2/12)
  • Will be on sale for $44.99 the week of 1/30
:ps3:1-18 Little Big Planet 2 - Buy Little Big Planet 2 PS3 and get another $59.99 game 50% off (offer valid through 2/12)

Kmart Weekly Ad: (Circulars not effective in all stores, NYC and Offshore in particular)

The only noteworthy offer this week is:

• :wii:Buy Donkey Kong Country Returns and get Epic Mickey for $19.99
Only other offer not MSRP:
  • :360::ps3:Save $10 WWE Raw 2011, more of a corproate pull together offer
Like I said previously, January sucks.

Note: Savings Coupon offers are valid in all stores

Coming Soon:

Update: Submitting Feb./Mar. offers as SYWR promotions. Will post as soon as they are approved. Coupons may have temporary fix before then, if so, we'll go back to them instead of SYWR's. At the end of Mar. the coupon issue will be fixed and we'll go back to normal.
  • :360::ps3:1-25 Dead Space 2 Free 1600 XBLA Points or $20 PSN for Free
    • We show positive instock on the cards but if you run into an issue just let me know and I'll work with you.
    • Offer valid from 1/25 through 1-29
    • In many cases the points/PSN cards are located in the Gift Card rack near the front of the store by mistake.
  • :360::ps3:1-25 Two Worlds II (PS3 Version Delayed by a few days, will not ship until Friday)
    • 1-30 through 2-5, Two Worlds II will be on sale for $39.99
    • CAG only special, will not be featured on the blog
  • :wii:2-6 Mario Sports Mix TBD
  • :360::ps3: 2-8 Test Drive Unlimited 2 TBD
  • :360::ps3: 2-15 Marvel vs. Capcom 3 TBD
  • :360::ps3: 2-15 Nascar 2011 TBD
  • :360::ps3::wii: 2-15 Lego Star Wars III: The Clone Wars TBD
  • :360::ps3: 2-22 Bulletstorm TBD
  • :360::ps3: 2-22 Driver: San Francisco TBD
  • :360::ps3::wii: 2-22 De Blob: The Underground TBD
*This list is not comprehensive of every promotion that may be coming and release dates are subject to change.

Customer Questions/Comments:

General Feedback, Promotional Ideas or Anything Else :cool:

SHC-Gamer - Josh Deane [email protected]

Important: If a coupon did not print or you did not receive the value of the promotion due to a store issue I will compensate the difference. I only need the following (Please copy and paste the format below for quicker service):

• Name ____________________
  • Phone Number ____________________
  • Mailing Address ____________________
  • Receipt Number ____________________
  • Short description of incident (a novel, though enjoyed, is not required :) )
Gift cards issued usually take 7-10 days to arrive once confirmed.

CE or Specal Inventory Requests:
Email Stockboy at [email protected]

• Game ____________________
  • Platform __________________
  • Store Address _____________

Last edited by a moderator:
Josh,

I have a problem that Im hoping you can help with. I sent you an email with the subject title:

"CAG Member - joker36635"

Thank You
Allen

[quote name='ShockandAww']Though it's slightly clever and people are going to do it I'm not sure Josh would appreciate something like that..[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Altanis']
I love what Josh is doing, but it's not like I just found some amazing way to scam the company- I mean it's their company policy to offer a 7 day price adjustment.[/QUOTE]
It's fine to abide by a policy verbatim. But if there's anything to scrutinize, it's that you should always consider the possible implications of what you inform others and to whom, if there are any.

Just kidding.

considering the problems people had getting a free points card with Bad Company 2 last month, the B1G1 50% off and a free point card will likely cause Kmart's system to implode and Josh to do a Peter Pan out of his office window in a few weeks.

I hope that's not the case, but I'm a pessimist by nature.

[quote name='jaredstorm']Oh! So I can't buy Dead Space 2 for 50% off?

EDIT: NVM, I just read over the OP again. Realizing the LBP2 offer is valid til 2/12. Yay! Here's to hoping Kmart employees do a good job.[/QUOTE]

As long as the games are on the shelves you shouldn't have to worry about the employees except finding one to help you. :D I wouldn't even mention the deal since the register will take the discount off automatically.

[quote name='drbutchevil']Will KMart be stocking the PC version of Dead Space 2?[/QUOTE]

Deep down, I think you know the answer to this. Hell, I don't think I've even SEEN a PC games section at any of my 3 Kmarts.

[quote name='gettinmoney662']Most people weren't douches who had to worry about 20 coupons because they didn't buy out every pre-order box in their area.[/QUOTE]

+1

i wonder if the people that raped the cabinets for those games/offer were thr reason for this mess,

i am ok w/ the half off deals, especially due to the fact i can get lbp2 and ds2 and the 1600 msp card. all for what 90.. use my last of the coupons and i'm happy. except, all three of mylocal kmarts haven't had 1600 mspcards for months and months. If they get them in, thy must sell right away, i am in every week at least two of them and always sold out. Anyone esle have issues like this? Josh you mentioned you will work something out if that is the case-in case you want to know the stores it is Tacoma and Lakewwod kmarts.

btw: what is w/ the hate-cant we all just get along? I mean-we all come here for the same purpose and have that in common.

[quote name='drbutchevil']Will KMart be stocking the PC version of Dead Space 2?[/QUOTE]

Contrary to what the other guy said about Kmart and PC games, the Kmart near my house has some pretty recent PC games (mostly WoW:Cataclysm, Civ5 and SC2 is really it I believe) but since this isn't really a PC only game, I'd doubt it.

Man, it pains me that the deals of buy the game and get 50% off another 59.99, I'm not too interested in either :( Great deal, just more interesting games to me need to be there :p

[quote name='Dranakin']So, ME2 when it's on sale for $45 + Dead Space 2 + $20 PSN card for $75? Hmmm...[/QUOTE]
No. The $45 sale begins 1/30, while the free $20 points card ends 1/29.

[quote name='Altanis']No. The $45 sale begins 1/30, while the free $20 points card ends 1/29.[/QUOTE]

To be honest i'm a bit releaved hearing this. I could just imagine the mess coming out of this.

[quote name='Lyricsborn']To be honest i'm a bit releaved hearing this. I could just imagine the mess coming out of this.[/QUOTE]
I think I posted some things about 30 posts back that you might want to look into....

[quote name='Altanis']No. The $45 sale begins 1/30, while the free $20 points card ends 1/29.[/QUOTE]

Ok, so LBP2 + DS2 = $75 + PSN $20 card?

YAY!

[quote name='jaredstorm']Ok, so LBP2 + DS2 = $75 + PSN $20 card?[/QUOTE]
Where are you getting that from? Neither LBP2 or DS2 will be on sale, so no.

[quote name='Altanis']Where are you getting that from? Neither LBP2 or DS2 will be on sale, so no.[/QUOTE]

I buy LBP2 and Dead Space 2 at once, therefore I get Dead Space for 50% off and a $20 PSn card. So, yes.

EDIT: 80 bones, not 75. For me atleast.

[quote name='Altanis']That still is $90, not $75. Half off $60 is $30.

Basic math says that $60 + .5($60) = $90.[/QUOTE]

Half of 60 is 30 thats basic math. Add in ME2 for 45.

ME2 (45) and DS2 (30) = 75 + tax

Fellow CAGers I pose a question:

Would you buy a game you aren't that crazy about if it was a good deal?

I want to take advantage of the ME2 and DS2 deal. Thing is, I'm not very interested in DS2 but I really want the $20 PSN card for the Castlevania DLC that's coming out in Feburary. Would you bite?

[quote name='Lyricsborn']Half of 60 is 30 thats basic math. Add in ME2 for 45.

ME2 (45) and DS2 (30) = 75 + tax[/QUOTE]
Not quite. LBP2 is $60, and so is DS2. That is $120. Half off DS2 is $30 off, which still would be $90. The end result is still $90 for the two and the PSN card.

He said nothing about Mass Effect. If you want to add in ME2 while it's $45, that's still $45 for ME, $30 for DS2, and $60 for LBP2, and you won't get the points card since ME2 will not be on sale while the points card promo is going on.

[quote name='muffin1man']Fellow CAGers I pose a question:

Would you buy a game you aren't that crazy about if it was a good deal?

I want to take advantage of the ME2 and DS2 deal. Thing is, I'm not very interested in DS2 but I really want the $20 PSN card for the Castlevania DLC that's coming out in Feburary. Would you bite?[/QUOTE]
I'd only buy it if I could foresee me getting what I paid out of the game. However, since it would still be $90 for ME2, DS2, and the PSN card, if you subtract $20 (value of the card) from your total, you're left with $70 + tax on $90 for what you paid for the 2 games. Unless you can see yourself getting about $35 out of DS2, I'd have to think about it.

neither (LBP2/MS2) of listed offers ends on the week of release so let's hope that the dead space's 20psn/xbl points card offer don't end on the 29th (there's still no ofitial word from SHC) so we can get the sweet deal on MS2+DS2+20$ psn/xbl for 75 plus tax!!!

[quote name='ludwigfrech']neither (LBP2/MS2) of listed offers ends on the week of release so let's hope that the dead space's 20psn/xbl points card offer don't end on the 29th (there's still no ofitial word from SHC) so we can get the sweet deal on MS2+DS2+20$ psn/xbl for 75 plus tax!!![/QUOTE]
The deal will likely be release week only.

If it was going to last longer, I'm sure that Josh would have put an end date with it, just like he did with the B1G1 50% off offer.

Josh cannot take as large of a hit as you guys are asking him to, especially in the last week of the fiscal year for the company.

Even with a $10 GC, unless you're not getting hit with sales tax you'll be paying about $86 minimum. Remember, unlike coupons, paying with a GC doesn't reduce the tax to your post-GC level.

Also, if you had a $10 gift card, why didn't you just fucking say that in the first place instead of having quite possibly the world's dumbest fucking argument?

I'll definitely do ME2 + DS2 for $75 w/ $20 PSN card.

That's only if my store manages to have both in stock, and somehow restock on $20 PSN cards long enough for hoarders to not take them all.

Ah fuck just realized my $10 coupon expires the day before the ME2 discount price drop. I might get DS1 for $10 then.

I went back several pages, but didn't see an answer. Will Kmart stock the LBP2 CE edition, and if I bought that on the day Dead Space 2 comes out, could I still get Dead Space 2 at 50% off + $20 PSN credit?

I'd love to pick up Dead Space 2 CE also, but from what I gather that won't drop to 50% because it is more than $59.99...is this accurate?

The entire chain will have 800 of the LBP2 CEs, and the vast majority of them will be in the stores in the northeast. If you're in the Pacific NW, you'll be lucky to find a Kmart that got any in stock, much less actually finding the CE.

If you can find one though, the deal should work. Like I said though, you'll be hardpressed to just find the CE at Kmart... You're talking about waiting a week before getting it, and that decreases your odds a lot.

[quote name='lumpy']Altanis,
Do you consider yourself an angry individual?[/QUOTE]
Nope, and I don't need a psychologist. I already have 4 to choose from that are family friends.

I just took a look at ad for my city i didn't see it being posted. So is this like a walk in thing? Cause i'm debating on which deal should i do the BB one or this one cause I want LBP 2 but Nothing esle really catching my eye

[quote name='lumpy']Altanis,
Do you consider yourself an angry individual?[/QUOTE]

I don't know why he had to get so pissy with me. Haha

[quote name='jaredstorm']I don't know why he had to get so pissy with me. Haha[/QUOTE]
It goes back to this post: http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showpost.php?p=8058801&postcount=6555

[quote name='zeroligerx']I just took a look at ad for my city i didn't see it being posted. So is this like a walk in thing? Cause i'm debating on which deal should i do the BB one or this one cause I want LBP 2 but Nothing esle really catching my eye[/QUOTE]
If you're asking if the deals are in the store even though they aren't in the ad, yes they are. I'm not sure why we'd have spent the last couple hundred posts discussing them (the deals) if they weren't really able to be had.

So this deal is yet to go live? I see nothing on the website that gives me 50% when ME2 and DS2 are in my cart.
The kmart website is so ugly ;_; I've never ordered anything from Kmart so I apologize for my scrubness. I checked the blog website and I see no coupon.

[quote name='alangee']So this deal is yet to go live? I see nothing on the website that gives me 50% when ME2 and DS2 are in my cart.
The kmart website is so ugly ;_; I've never ordered anything from Kmart so I apologize for my scrubness. I checked the blog website and I see no coupon.[/QUOTE]
Again, Kmart.com is offering the gaming coupons since there's no way to abuse them there- the coupons are attached to each account. Also, the deals likely won't work till Tuesday- since you know, the games don't come out till then.

The in-store deals are the 50% off.

OK, I'm trying to get this all figured out. Too much math.

If someone plans to get all 3 of those big titles (ME2, LBP2, DS2), which of these scenarios is better:

• Buy LBP2 & get DS2 at 50% off, plus a $20 PSN card. Then get ME2 by itself a week later, on sale for $45
  • Buy ME2 right away, and use coupon to get DS2 at 50% off w/ $20 PSN card. Then buy LBP2, and use its coupon to get some other title at 50% off (NFS Hot Pursuit, Black Ops, whatever)

[quote name='peter17319']OK, I'm trying to get this all figured out. Too much math.

If someone plans to get all 3 of those big titles (ME2, LBP2, DS2), which of these scenarios is better:

• Buy LBP2 & get DS2 at 50% off, plus a $20 PSN card. Then get ME2 by itself a week later, on sale for $45
  • Buy ME2 right away, and use coupon to get DS2 at 50% off w/ $20 PSN card. Then buy LBP2, and use its coupon to get some other title at 50% off (NFS Hot Pursuit, Black Ops, whatever)
[/QUOTE]

It's too bad the second scenario wouldn't happen, due to there not being a 50% off coupon.

[quote name='peter17319']OK, I'm trying to get this all figured out. Too much math.

[/QUOTE]
The 50% offs are NOT COUPONS
Also LBP2 and ME2 come out this week.... DS2 is next week.

[quote name='jaredstorm']/\

I second that, that Kmart website is ugly. Very hard to navigate, just like the real store.[/QUOTE]
I think the biggest change that will happen this year for Kmartgamer is the website. It will hopefully become a sea of awesomeness if they accept my proposals.

[quote name='salty tbone']considering the problems people had getting a free points card with Bad Company 2 last month, the B1G1 50% off and a free point card will likely cause Kmart's system to implode and Josh to do a Peter Pan out of his office window in a few weeks.

I hope that's not the case, but I'm a pessimist by nature.[/QUOTE]
I'm a bit scared whenever we try something new as well :) I'll wait to Pan-it after I've helped everyone :)

This post has nothing to do with the deals on here but with my kmart...
Kmart in Franklin Park IL is closing :cry:
makes me sad because ive been actively buying games from there because of this thread.

Thanks Josh for making buying games in 2010 much easier on me. :applause:

[/QUOTE]

With all due respect, could you please enlighten us on why you thought a coupon was involved? Not only does it not make sense, it has been stated countless times that all purchases have to be made on the same receipt. Again, I'm not trying to be a jerk I'm just trying to make some sense of it all.

But yeah, scenario one is your only option for maximizing the promotions.

I've seen it asked if Kmart will get the MvC3 CE and I know the answer on that, what I am wondering is before the deals got pulled, was it ever addressed if the MvC3 deal would cover the CE as well?
I know it is kind of random on what deals allow the CE and what don't.

Josh, is there anyway that when the Marvel vs Capcom 3 deal gets worked out, it could include the CE?

LBP2 and DS2 have grabbed the spotlight but I wonder what and if the promotion for Two Worlds 2 will be. Though if it is like the first one it will have a permanent MSRP sale within 2 months.

[quote name='EYEL1NER']I've seen it asked if Kmart will get the MvC3 CE and I know the answer on that, what I am wondering is before the deals got pulled, was it ever addressed if the MvC3 deal would cover the CE as well?
I know it is kind of random on what deals allow the CE and what don't.

Josh, is there anyway that when the Marvel vs Capcom 3 deal gets worked out, it could include the CE?[/QUOTE]
Actually, I'm not aware of a street week offer I have run that has not included the CE. The only time it varied was when I actually increased the offer for Epic Mickey since I had enough to make a cool offer.

[quote name='SHC-Gamer']I think the biggest change that will happen this year for Kmartgamer is the website. It will hopefully become a sea of awesomeness if they accept my proposals.[/QUOTE]
Speaking of, that was the largest piece of advice to you I wanted to give regarding the new website: please, please, please do not let the people who designed the normal Kmart website design your special gamers' one within Kmart. I've dabbled just enough in design and coding in my spare time to know that putting so much shit on the screen at once is overwhelming for users, regardless of the functionality it enables. It should be simple, clean, intuitive, and effortless to navigate first and foremost. If it's too complicated to find or do something, users typically leave and don't come back. And with Amazon then a very real competitor, keeping users there is everything. Don't give them any reason to want to leave the site and you're golden. :bouncy:

Get plenty of feedback from anyone unaffiliated with SHC (friends, family, anyone with an outside and unbiased perspective -- the less tech savvy, the better, within reason) and make sure their feedback is considered in the design. It's amazing how helpful regular feedback can be when you iterate a design.

[quote name='Shimmerz']LBP2 and DS2 have grabbed the spotlight but I wonder what and if the promotion for Two Worlds 2 will be. Though if it is like the first one it will have a permanent MSRP sale within 2 months.[/QUOTE]
I'm working to get a straight discount righ at launch similar to some of the other titles I have brought to $44.99

[quote name='JustYourAverageJoe']Speaking of, that was the largest piece of advice to you I wanted to give regarding the new website: please, please, please do not let the people who designed the normal Kmart website design your special gamers' one within Kmart. I've dabbled just enough in design and coding in my spare time to know that putting so much shit on the screen at once is overwhelming for users, regardless of the functionality it enables. It should be simple, clean, intuitive, and effortless to navigate first and foremost. If it's too complicated to find or do something, users typically leave and don't come back. And with Amazon then a very real competitor, keeping users there is everything. Don't give them any reason to want to leave the site and you're golden. :bouncy:

Get plenty of feedback from anyone unaffiliated with SHC (friends, family, anyone with an outside and unbiased perspective -- the less tech savvy, the better, within reason) and make sure their feedback is considered in the design. It's amazing how helpful regular feedback can be when you iterate a design.[/QUOTE]
Completely agree, part of the road map I've put together with the team is ample room for focus groups and even some CAG time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back