Knight Rider

[quote name='javeryh']I hope this is good only because the writer's strike is ruining my life.[/QUOTE]

Problem is, that if this series is a good, we might not see it until September...the writers strike might push that back even further. :(

[quote name='ITDEFX']Aww no cool looking high tech speedometer :([/quote]From what I've read, that's not the actual interior of the car. That'll all be CG and isn't done yet (or wasn't when they put together the promos).

They better have a voice box for KITT inside the car. ;)

[quote name='daroga']From what I've read, that's not the actual interior of the car. That'll all be CG and isn't done yet (or wasn't when they put together the promos).

They better have a voice box for KITT inside the car. ;)[/QUOTE]

Lets hope so. The insides were always cool to watch in the original show. I don't like the idea of a morphing car. That's so "Viper" like, plus will spiral the FX budget out of control if they over use it.

I truly hope the fans will write NBC letters after the pilot airs to get Daniels to do KITT's Voice for the series, instead of that Arnett guy. Without Daniels as the true voice of KITT, it will take a long while to accept the new Knight Rider.

[quote name='ITDEFX']Lets hope so. The insides were always cool to watch in the original show. I don't like the idea of a morphing car. That's so "Viper" like, plus will spiral the FX budget out of control if they over use it.

I truly hope the fans will write NBC letters after the pilot airs to get Daniels to do KITT's Voice for the series, instead of that Arnett guy. Without Daniels as the true voice of KITT, it will take a long while to accept the new Knight Rider.[/quote]Remember, though, it's not KITT. It's the Knight Industries Three Thousand. It's a new car, new AI, same concept. From the sound of it, the Trans Am will be in the pilot in some way. I've got hopes that Daniels will do a few lines from the old KITT.

In that vein, I can deal with it (though Arnett's KITT sounds a lot like KARR from the orignal series). I'd still love to have Daniels do KITT's voice again though.

It does make me wonder, will this new show bring up the events of Knight Rider 2000 or just ignore it completely? KARR must return!!!!

[quote name='ITDEFX']It does make me wonder, will this new show bring up the events of Knight Rider 2000 or just ignore it completely? KARR must return!!!![/quote]Here's hoping for ignore.

That being said, I think this weekend I'm going to watch the original series' pilot and maybe KR2000 too.

[quote name='daroga']Here's hoping for ignore.[/QUOTE]

Knight Rider 2000 wasn't that bad.... it had some great ratings and a promising relaunching of the show, but NBC decided not to give it a chance :(

Once again, this is a TV movie, and not yet a show.

And the earliest we would have gotten the show is September anyways.

[quote name='bigdaddy']Once again, this is a TV movie, and not yet a show.

And the earliest we would have gotten the show is September anyways.[/QUOTE]

Yea, but if the ratings are good enough, we will eventually get a new series. We really don't know if a new show can be green lit because of the current writers strike. Only time will tell.

This and Jericho is what I am looking forward to next month.

[quote name='ITDEFX']Hmmm.... so which one is Arnett's voice? (remember I never saw AD)[/quote]If either of them are, it's the one in the real thing. I guess we'll just have to wait and see though!

I better see KARR and Goliath along with Michael Long or whatever the evil twin brother was called.

Man, the original was so cheesy yet great. It was straight up a soap opera for boys.

And what was the plot of Knight Rider 2000? I vaguely recall some ads for it but never saw it...wasn't the Hoff in it, now running Knight Industries or something? And some punk street kids broke into a garage and found the new Kitt or something (which was a Viper?).

damn, just looked up the plot and that's not it.

If they plan on integrating KR2000, they would have to set this new movie/series as a sequel to the original and a prequel to KR2000.

mustang seems like a pretty stupid choice for kitt. maybe the camaro concept or a new concept firebird/trans am would have been better?

[quote name='karkyco']I better see KARR and Goliath along with Michael Long or whatever the evil twin brother was called.

Man, the original was so cheesy yet great. It was straight up a soap opera for boys.

And what was the plot of Knight Rider 2000? I vaguely recall some ads for it but never saw it...wasn't the Hoff in it, now running Knight Industries or something? And some punk street kids broke into a garage and found the new Kitt or something (which was a Viper?).

damn, just looked up the plot and that's not it.

If they plan on integrating KR2000, they would have to set this new movie/series as a sequel to the original and a prequel to KR2000.[/QUOTE]

tsk tsk

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Knight_rider_2000

Basically it takes place in the year 2000, in a Seattle like city. Instead of everyone going to jail, they cryo freeze criminals. Hand Guns are banned. Someone thaws out this one guy and with the help of a few corrupt officials and cops he tries to start selling the banned guns that were suppose to have been destroyed.

Meanwhile Devon and this guy named Maddock try to help the city out by introducing the Knight 4000... the city is hesitant to bring in outside help and barely gives them a chance. Devon goes and gets Michael Knight out of retirement and later learn Maddock scrapped KITT so Michael tries to get his missing parts to rebuild him. The one cop chick gets shot in the head by the cryo freeze guy and doesn't remember a thing and gets one of KITT's chips in her head.

blah blah blah

Scotty!!!!

blah blah blah

KITT sinks.

Devon is murdered :(

blah blah

KITT gets transplanted inside the new Knight 4000 prototype which looks more sexy than functional.

blah blah

KITT floats 0.o

Bad guy dies, corrupt government officials get cryo breezed.

Michael goes back into retirement and Chick, Maddock and KITT go off on new adventures (which NBC never allowed to happen :( )

[quote name='ITDEFX']Yea, but if the ratings are good enough, we will eventually get a new series. We really don't know if a new show can be green lit because of the current writers strike. Only time will tell.

This and Jericho is what I am looking forward to next month.[/quote]

They can greenlight a show, but they can't write it. For some reason several shows got a full season order, but they can't make the episodes anyways.

You can be my wingman anytime, Michael...

In a bizarre turn of events that scream out "only in Hollywood", Val Kilmer has replaced Will Arnett as the voice of KITT in the forthcoming Knight Rider re-boot.

Arrested Development star Arnett had already completed his voiceover work on the TV movie, and according to Variety, NBC were happy with his performance.

Arnett has been working for General Motors for the last decade however, as the voice of GMC Trucks. With a Ford Mustang cast as KITT in the film, and with Ford taking an active role in the marketing and branding of the film, GM felt there was a conflict of interest and Arnett pulled out.

NBC has therefore signed up Top Gun star Kilmer a mere two weeks before the film airs, and will doubtless play up the fact that they now have a genuine movie star voicing the super-car in the run up to the film's premiere.

The new Knight Rider airs on NBC on February 17, and follows the adventures of Mike Tracer, son of the original show's hero Michael Knight.

Has anyone mentioned the "team knight rider" series that aired a few years ago? Was essentially a team of people who all drove AI enabled cars.

As dumb as it was, this doesn't sound much better.

[quote name='JolietJake']Has anyone mentioned the "team knight rider" series that aired a few years ago? Was essentially a team of people who all drove AI enabled cars.

As dumb as it was, this doesn't sound much better.[/QUOTE]

Wow , I never heard of that .

It definitely sounds like something I'd like to make fun of though .

[quote name='gokou36']Mustangs are way too fat to be KITT. They should've used something slim like a corvette.[/QUOTE]

Bet you it had something to do with the car company giving the cars for the show so they can get free advertisements. True there are other, more sleeker cars out there. But oh well.

eh, the Mustang's a good fit for how this series seems to be going. KITT's a bit gruffer this go around, and the Mustang conveys that attitude better than a Trans-Am or a Corvette or a Camaro would.

I wasn't thrilled with it at first, but it's grown on me. I'm also interested to see how Val Kilmer does as the voice. The bits I've heard have sounded closer to William Daniels' original work than Will Arnett seemed to be. Arnett sounded more like KARR (the evil KITT) from the first series.

[quote name='daroga']eh, the Mustang's a good fit for how this series seems to be going. KITT's a bit gruffer this go around, and the Mustang conveys that attitude better than a Trans-Am or a Corvette or a Camaro would.

I wasn't thrilled with it at first, but it's grown on me. I'm also interested to see how Val Kilmer does as the voice. The bits I've heard have sounded closer to William Daniels' original work than Will Arnett seemed to be. Arnett sounded more like KARR (the evil KITT) from the first series.[/QUOTE]

Yes I agree with you here. Arnett sounded like KARR. I really hope they bring back KARR, rebuilt into a more deadlier Mustang by some rogue government operation.

Over the last two nights I just watched the two KARR episodes from the original series (having TV on DVD is so awesome). It's laughable how horrid those episodes were, and that series in general. The effects, writing, everything was just so cheesy. And yet, I love it. Much like Thundercats. They both have hooks though: Tcats had the sword, KR had the car.

I really hope KR gets picked up as a series and we could get some interesting stories made. In an era where CSI, Law & Order, The Closer, etc. can all write such compelling stories and yet still have some humor (especially The Closer, I love that show), Knight Rider could be well done--intelligent, gripping, and fun. If they can avoid having KITT be a deus ex machina, all the better.

Aside from that logical reason, I want a series for the inevitable episode where the Hoff comes back for a bigger part and with him comes Daniels and the Trans-Am KITT. The story will make no sense, but it would be fun.

[quote name='JolietJake']They could at least pull a highlander and have Hoff show up to help train the guy or something.[/quote]He is in the movie, but I'm not sure to what extent he does anything.

[quote name='JolietJake']They could at least pull a highlander and have Hoff show up to help train the guy or something.[/quote]

Nope, sorry... No can do. They already fucked themselves by giving a Stang double wings and a flight control steer.

[quote name='VipFREAK']Nope, sorry... No can do. They already fucked themselves by giving a Stang double wings and a flight control steer.[/QUOTE]

God forbid they ever do that.

MVC-427S.JPG

I don't care about if they are going off the old car or not. That was then... this is just a sorry excuse to bring back and make a terrible show (wasn't back then because I didn't know any better) but bastardize it even more by some people that are obviously taste challenged.

It was actually a good show (and premise) for it's time, that's why they are doing it again.

Ex-cop gets plastic surgery and signs on with a private company as a PI. Those shows worked in the 80s (Magnum, KR, etc). Hoff actually didn't act that badly, and the car was cutting edge when it came out (and Barris did a hell of a job).

I'll give it a chance. After all, there's nothing else on TV right now.

bread's done
Back