Kung Fu Rider $13.99 DOTD Amazon

MPoWeRM3

CAGiversary!
Feedback
3 (100%)
Lots of hate for this game but you know what, I bought it last week for $14.99 and it is a decent game for the price. If you take it as an wacky arcade game, like Crazy Taxi and the likes, and spend just a little time to get used to the controls, it's not half bad. So 1 star this thread if you want but I find it more enjoyable and different than the repeated FPS stuff these companies keep dishing us. At MSRP, this game is a joke, but for the current price, it's worth it. If you are Asian, specifically Hong Kongnese, you'll appreciate the setting a lot more. ;)

http://www.amazon.com/Kung-Fu-Rider-Playstation-3/dp/B003O6E3QY/

Edit: I knew this thread would have lots of people saying the game's bad or they need to be paid to play it and such. All I can say is different people have different taste. I'll just give you guys my gaming tastes on THIS generation of consoles (360, PS3, Wii). If yours somewhat matches mine, you might like this game.

Favorite action game: Ninja Gaiden Series. 2nd runner up, Bayonetta. God of War series, Devil May Cry series and others = meh
Favorite shooter: Vanquish. 2nd runner up, Resident Evil 4 and 5. COD, HALO, Gears, Bioshock + 99% others = meh
Fighting games: Like Dead or Alive, Street Fighter, Soul Calibur, Virtua Fighter, Mortal Kombat. Dislike Tekken and the rest
Racing games: Like Forza, GT, Dirt, Grid, PGR. Dislike all Need for Speed this gen except maybe Hot Pursuit.
Arcade type games: Like House of the dead, Time Crisis Raging Storm bundle, Out Run Online, and most Sega's former glories, and Kung Fu Rider :p

Other gaming likes and dislikes:
Always prefer 60 fps over fancy graphics at sub 30 fps, especially in racing games.
Don't like RPGs in general, but loves Shenmue 1 and 2, but those were last gen. When's 3 coming out Sega? :roll:
Likes Master System, NES, SNES, GENESIS/SEGA CD, TurboGrafx 16/CD 3DO, SATURN, DREAMCAST, XBOX, XBOX 360, PS3, Wii. Dislike ATARI Jaguar, 32X, N64, PS1, PS2. Neutral on NeoGeo, Gamecube, Atari 2600. :)

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm really on the fence about it at this price. Any other opinions? I'm leaning towards getting it but am curious about impressions. I'm definitely not the hardcore "FPS or nothing" type so if it's just a quirky game that needed a bit more polish, I'd be tempted to buy.

[quote name='Justin42']I'm really on the fence about it at this price. Any other opinions? I'm leaning towards getting it but am curious about impressions. I'm definitely not the hardcore "FPS or nothing" type so if it's just a quirky game that needed a bit more polish, I'd be tempted to buy.[/QUOTE]
The overall consensus I've gotten from this game is that it really feels like a PSN download title with Move controls tacked on last second to make it a launch title.

I've heard nothing but bad thing about this game but at this price it's worth getting just for the sake of messing around with it with the Move. I didn't even think twice about it. As soon as I saw the price I bit. It's worth 550 Goozex points with a lot of request and no offers so at the very least I can get a decent trade value on it.

I've always wanted to try this game since I always enjoy oddball Japanese games, but after all the negative press, I've been waiting for the price to drop on this one. $13.99 seems like a ideal price to try this game out at.

For $14, what the hell right? If I don't like it, I can just trade it via Goozex or Gamestop if this game is eligible for a promo.

The problem is that this game wasn't built as a 'move' game. This would have been a much more enjoyable game with a regular ps3 controller, and an occasional required jolt of the dualshock 3 for jumps, and other actions. And of course, released as a download for $10.
As it stands, the 'move' support actually makes the game worse.

[quote name='ryheeles']I might regret this, but I'm in for 1. It can't be that bad, can it?[/QUOTE]

Yes it is that BAD!

Stay away from this and save yourself $14. The only good Move launch game so far is Sports Champions, and Kung Fu Rider is probably the worst of the lineup.

But it's an easy Platinum trophy yes? If so, it can't that bad, I mean I played Damnation and I thought it was okay... Dead to Rights: Retribution was a good game in my book. So, it can't be that bad, can it?

NM: it will a rental for me... 13 trophies in total, no platinum, that's like $1 per trophy, not really a deal. Thanks for the deal though.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks OP. This price dropped fast.
But yes, I will wait for a $2.99 price point and then only as a downloadable title.
I think it will be worth that for the few hours of almost enjoyment that I'll get from it.

When I first saw one of the Move launch games was called "Kung Fu Rider", I was like, "That could be cool."

Then I saw it was about ugly people on rolling chairs.

Then I saw gameplay.

Never would I ever.

[quote name='dubbfoolio']I was going to pick this up but I didn't realize I had to be asian. thanks op for the heads up.[/QUOTE]

笑死我 :lol:

[quote name='Serpentor']But it's an easy Platinum trophy yes? If so, it can't that bad, I mean I played Damnation and I thought it was okay... Dead to Rights: Retribution was a good game in my book. So, it can't be that bad, can it?

NM: it will a rental for me... 13 trophies in total, no platinum, that's like $1 per trophy, not really a deal. Thanks for the deal though.[/QUOTE]

look, man...I have 23 platinums, but I'm not about to spend $14 just to get a platinum.
I love the last two lines "not really a deal, thanks for the deal though".

[quote name='Jesus_S_Preston']When I first saw one of the Move launch games was called "Kung Fu Rider", I was like, "That could be cool."

Then I saw it was about ugly people on rolling chairs.

Then I saw gameplay.

Never would I ever.[/QUOTE]

i thought it was going to be a cool game.. then i read the description and saw some pictures.

too muching "riding" not enough kung fu.. and racing in office chairs.. wtf

bread's done
Back