L.A. Noire - Gen. Discussion & Info - Rockstar Pass 800pts: All Pre-order DLC + More!

Well, I checked out my 4 review sites (Gamespot, IGN, joystiq, and giant bomb) and I think I'll bite, it seems like an awesome game. Problem is, my semester doesn't end until next week, and then I go on vacation. Looks like I won't be picking this up until mid-June. Oh well.

[quote name='seanr1221']Yes. You can either refuse the delivery, or ask for a return label and repackage, ship it off yourself.[/QUOTE]

If you refuse the delivery too many times amazon will ban you.

[quote name='seanr1221']Doing it once is fine, just don't make a habit of it.[/QUOTE]

I've never done this, nor have I ever returned anything to amazon. How do I go about doing this? Returning will cost me $4.98. At that point I'm tempted to just not pick up my BB order and be happy with the $15 amazon credit.

Why cant I find the LA Noire deal in any of the Kmart papers? I trust that it works but when doing deals I like to have the paper with me so rule out idiot workers.

[quote name='Soodmeg']Why cant I find the LA Noire deal in any of the Kmart papers? I trust that it works but when doing deals I like to have the paper with me so rule out idiot workers.[/QUOTE]

It is not in the paper. Dont worry about it because it shows up automatically like past K mart dea

Hey if you guys could make sure to put what free game you picked up with this deal. Its just for my own info...I am thinking of Crackdown 2 because I never got around to actually getting it.

Just got back from the midnight release at Gamestop. They had a murder mystery you could try and solve and if you solved it correctly you had a chance to win one of three $10 gift cards and the ability to move to the front of the line. I solved it correctly and won the gift card.

So far I'm really loving the game.

Were they giving out extra copies of the dlc case? Are you playing without the hints? I recall from a preview video them showing that the controller vibrates when near clues and the music hints you as well; can you turn that off?

[quote name='seen']Were they giving out extra copies of the dlc case? Are you playing without the hints? I recall from a preview video them showing that the controller vibrates when near clues and the music hints you as well; can you turn that off?[/QUOTE]

you can turn that off...a few reviews actually recommend doing that...

Anyone know if there's gonna be a zombie mode at all or if the game has any Mech boss battles? that would make the game a hundred times better if you could get in some mech armor or maybe a Nano suit and start fighting crime that way

If this game doesn't have mech suits I'm cancelling my pre-order.

Also I want to be able to storm the beaches of normandy as a detective.

I installed LA Noire to my HDD and the last 3 game cases pictures when you scroll over to Game Library it says Crazy Machines Elements?????

[quote name='LordVila']Just got back from the midnight release at Gamestop. They had a murder mystery you could try and solve and if you solved it correctly you had a chance to win one of three $10 gift cards and the ability to move to the front of the line. I solved it correctly and won the gift card.

So far I'm really loving the game.[/QUOTE]

My friend and I were in the parking lot about 15 mins before, and I was wondering what the hell everyone was doing inside, wandering around. Guess that's what was going on.

Prolly should have gone to that thing.

I thought the photo negatives were a nice touch, and the game is solid so far. I stopped playing, yet I have the urge to put it back on.

Picked up at midnight last night at GS and played for about an hour..very impressed. All I want to do is play it today but I'm at work - I took tomorrow off to play all day.

On the one hand I'm turned off by the reviews that keep saying the game is repetitive and even a bit dull, and on the other hand it does still sound pretty intriguing. Not sure what to do. Hopefully I'll waffle about until it hits $20. :) If I do get it, black-and-white all the way. That's how it should play by default.

[quote name='seen']Were they giving out extra copies of the dlc case? Are you playing without the hints? I recall from a preview video them showing that the controller vibrates when near clues and the music hints you as well; can you turn that off?[/QUOTE]

The DLC code was in the case and the case had a special sticker on it.

Does the Gamestop specific-case come packaged in the game case or is it a rave card they give you?

Basically is the Gamestop version the same as the Amazon/BB/Wal Mart versions? Are the store specific DLCs packaged inside or is it what they give you at the register?

The DLC is packaged inside the game box and has a sticker (saying it has dlc) as answered by LordVila above you.

[quote name='CaptainKirk']I installed LA Noire to my HDD and the last 3 game cases pictures when you scroll over to Game Library it says Crazy Machines Elements?????[/QUOTE]

My friend and I got it last night, and we are seeing the same thing. Neither of us installed it. Not a big deal, but still pretty lame and I hope it works itself out.

Are all the DLC codes redeemed via marketplace codes? If so, I'm thinking some GT sharing is in order. I'll pass around the Best Buy preorder content.

Picking this up from Best Buy on my way home from work. I'm excited to start playing tonight!

Apologies if this has been answered already, but does anyone know if the Best Buy preorder suit comes inside the game case? Or is it an external card that I need to make sure they give me? Thanks.

Played for about 15 minutes only to have to leave for work.

Hopefully I'll be able to dedicate a good chunk of time playing this tonight/tomorrow.

[quote name='Ryuukishi']Picking this up from Best Buy on my way home from work. I'm excited to start playing tonight!

Apologies if this has been answered already, but does anyone know if the Best Buy preorder suit comes inside the game case? Or is it an external card that I need to make sure they give me? Thanks.[/QUOTE]
It comes inside the case. Should have a sticker on the outside mentioning the suit.

[quote name='TooLegitVolz']It comes inside the case. Should have a sticker on the outside mentioning the suit.[/QUOTE]
Awesome, thanks.

ffs.. Never doing release date delivery again. Normal Amazon shipments get here around 11am.. It's almost 5 now and it still says "out for delivery" as of ten hours ago.

[quote name='Scorch']ffs.. Never doing release date delivery again. Normal Amazon shipments get here around 11am.. It's almost 5 now and it still says "out for delivery" as of ten hours ago.[/QUOTE]

you and me both. Except the usual here is 5pm. Quite the dissapointment from the 9-10am up at school

[quote name='scrub0bk']you and me both. Except the usual here is 5pm. Quite the dissapointment from the 9-10am up at school[/QUOTE]

Next time, I'll gladly pay $5 or $6 more at retail if it means I don't have to wait all freaking day to play a game on release day.

I've done a few side missions and they have all ended with me having to kill the suspects because it turns into a shootout. Is there a way to do the side missions without having to kill or seriously injure them? For one side mission I tried shooting out the tires of their getaway car before they took off and also I tried running to my cop car to chase them but both didn't work so I had to kill/hurt them before they got into their car.

[quote name='DT778']I've done a few side missions and they have all ended with me having to kill the suspects because it turns into a shootout. Is there a way to do the side missions without having to kill or seriously injure them? For one side mission I tried shooting out the tires of their getaway car before they took off and also I tried running to my cop car to chase them but both didn't work so I had to kill/hurt them before they got into their car.[/QUOTE]
SMH if you didn't want to kill people you shouldn't be a cop.... don't you watch movies?
Sorry I don't have an answer for you but I just thought your post was funny

[quote name='Scorch']ffs.. Never doing release date delivery again. Normal Amazon shipments get here around 11am.. It's almost 5 now and it still says "out for delivery" as of ten hours ago.[/QUOTE]You think you have problems?

Due to events beyond our control, your package may be delayed by 1 - 2 days. UPS will deliver the package as soon as possible. We're very sorry about this unavoidable delay and we appreciate your patience.

The tracking page shows that UPS' plane suffered a mechanical error in Phoenix.

SMH if you didn't want to kill people you shouldn't be a cop.... don't you watch movies?
Sorry I don't have an answer for you but I just thought your post was funny
The problem isn't killing people, it's the lack in variety so far.

Wow. After putting in a little over 12 hours already, this is certainly one of the most unique games I've ever played and easily the best thing I've played this year. Hats off to Bondi and R*. After all the delays and questions about the game they managed to pull it off.

[quote name='Scorch']ffs.. Never doing release date delivery again. Normal Amazon shipments get here around 11am.. It's almost 5 now and it still says "out for delivery" as of ten hours ago.[/QUOTE]
Mine hasn't shipped yet. :|

[quote name='seen']The DLC is packaged inside the game box and has a sticker (saying it has dlc) as answered by LordVila above you.[/QUOTE]

I probably posted without refreshing, I picked my GS copy up already, I'm gonna try and return the Amazon copy when it comes tomorrow.

Apparently there's 3 DLC codes, the Badge Pursuit, Naked City case whatever, and Consul's Car. I don't care about the Amazon suit so I'll definitely be trying to return it.

I'm loving this game so far. The faces and music are fantastic. I do wish it would show what he's going to say in the interviews so I can choose better. The doubt choices seem kind of harsh and give me negative results.

Note this is not a spoiler it happens dozens of times throughout the game.

Is there any way to take down the people you have to chase without killing them? Especially after they take a hostage. I did this once and it seems like I got the default...dont kill people cut scene.

I love this game so far, so fucking addictive. The cases are pretty awesome so far, haven't been bored with one yet. The street cases are starting to get predictable though, but other than that this game is GOTY material IMO.

I'm at the Buyer Beware case, early in the game and I'm wondering
Does the game change dynamically? I've reloaded the case 3 times, I've tried Accuse the girl of lying, Truth, and Doubt and they were all incorrect. Does it change each time or are you just supposed to be wrong because it's early and a part of the game and you're "learning" to become a detective?

EDIT: I get it now
You have to collect evidence before you question witnesses or key witnesses so that if they lie you can present the evidence to them to call their bluff.

Last edited by a moderator:
bread's done
Back