L.A. Noire - Gen. Discussion & Info - Rockstar Pass 800pts: All Pre-order DLC + More!

I was going to preorder this at Gamestop, but noticed that I already missed out on a bonus, the piano gun that was available last week.

Oh well, hopefully Rockstar releases an expansion disc like with all the DLC like they did with GTA 4. Still waiting on a Red Dead Redemption collection less than $40.

Those who are Power Up members...

The Piano gun preorder bonus since we preordered before April 30th

Will it appear on our account like the Halo Reach Flame Helmet?

It should be in the game add ons section of your account just like if u had preordered the first Halo map pack to get the helmet or the CoD maps.

The discs really aren't that annoying. Dead Space 2 had 2 discs and it didn't bother me. I'm sure the disc changes will occur after you finish a desk or two

[quote name='slickkill77']The discs really aren't that annoying. Dead Space 2 had 2 discs and it didn't bother me. I'm sure the disc changes will occur after you finish a desk or two[/QUOTE]

I think people's concerns are/were that the game world itself was split up between the discs. This was often case with old CD-ROM games on the PC, where you would sometimes go into a different room in the same house and have to change discs. But Rockstar has already stated this is definitely not the case, and there will only be a couple of disc-swaps.

[quote name='bigdaddybruce44']I think people's concerns are/were that the game world itself was split up between the discs. This was often case with old CD-ROM games on the PC, where you would sometimes go into a different room in the same house and have to change discs. But Rockstar has already stated this is definitely not the case, and there will only be a couple of disc-swaps.[/QUOTE]

Yeah I don't get that either, a lil research helps every now and then.

1. you only switch discs 2 times
2. areas arent blocked off per disc, just different cases as you progress
(And I heard there are alot of cases, on top of that you have the option to take calls)

doesn't matter there were many (concerns) with Red Dead last year and that didn't turn out to bad for Rockstar.

[quote name='nasum']For a game with so many accolades, it's kinda scary that not much gameplay has been shown...[/QUOTE]

Really? They do a in-game videos every 3 weeks

[quote name='ChrisHookz']Yeah I don't get that either, a lil research helps every now and then.

1. you only switch discs 2 times
2. areas arent blocked off per disc, just different cases as you progress
(And I heard there are alot of cases, on top of that you have the option to take calls)

doesn't matter there were many (concerns) with Red Dead last year and that didn't turn out to bad for Rockstar.

Really? They do a in-game videos every 3 weeks[/QUOTE]

I think what he means is we have not seen someone just PLAY the game, uncut, for more than about 5 seconds in any video clip yet released. It would be nice to see a 5-10 minute clip of just someone playing.

[quote name='thrustbucket']I think what he means is we have not seen someone just PLAY the game, uncut, for more than about 5 seconds in any video clip yet released. It would be nice to see a 5-10 minute clip of just someone playing.[/QUOTE]
I saw 15-20 minutes of someone playing at PAX East. They didn't allow video, so they must be waiting for something, I guess.

[quote name='thrustbucket']I think what he means is we have not seen someone just PLAY the game, uncut, for more than about 5 seconds in any video clip yet released. It would be nice to see a 5-10 minute clip of just someone playing.[/QUOTE]

This has not been the case with any Rockstar game in the past few years.

I watched every Red Dead Remdemption clip as they came out. Not so much as a mini-map. Same was true with GTA IV.

One of the recent LA Noire clips does include the mini-map though. But expecting raw gameplay footage from Rockstar is unrealistic.

unrealistic because they make highly immersive garbage and they hope that their name alone will sell games...

[quote name='pete5883']I saw 15-20 minutes of someone playing at PAX East. They didn't allow video, so they must be waiting for something, I guess.[/QUOTE]

there was that video and another 15 minute video that was taken off recently where where it was actually someone playing it.

[quote name='nasum']unrealistic because they make highly immersive garbage and they hope that their name alone will sell games...[/QUOTE]

Sorry, but if you honestly think Red Dead Redemption was garbage, I need to know where your weed spot is. Because you're smoking some real damn good shit.

3 discs is no problem. Hell, I've played Lost Odyssey like 4 times and that had like a million discs. I just can't wait to play it. Everything from the time period and scenery to being a detective has me super hyped for the game.

[quote name='ChrisHookz']Seriously? lol

anyways Rockstar is planning an add-on called "The Pass" don't know what it is but it cost 800 points and i read it here.

http://www.joystiq.com/2011/05/10/la-noire-rockstar-pass-add-on-spotlighted-in-xbox-marketplace/[/QUOTE]I was just about to post about this.

I'm sure it's like the EA Online Pass and the like that's now out there to try and keep down used sales.

If they offer enough DLC to back up the purchase of the pass on a used copy, like EA/Bioware did with the Cerberus pass in Mass Effect 2, then I'm OK with it.

I'm hyped to start my summer off with this, however, I am debating my preorder, because I'm still not totally sold I can have the patience for a game like this, and I usually don't preorder non-multiplayer games, unless it's a personal favorite of mine.

i actually hate the whole if u pre-order u get the good stuff thing, only reason I do it is because Amazon kinda sets me up nicely to never pay over $45 for a new game.

[quote name='matto1233']I'm hyped to start my summer off with this, however, I am debating my preorder, because I'm still not totally sold I can have the patience for a game like this, and I usually don't preorder non-multiplayer games, unless it's a personal favorite of mine.[/QUOTE]

THIS.

I went ahead and preordered it anyway (due to getting rid of Fable III and SvR2011 for $25 a pop), but I'm second guessing the hell out of that decision.

^ i did the same thing (trade 2 for $50 at gamestop). and am also uneven about going through with the day one purchase. on one hand i'd like to wait a few days for reviews to come out, and if it doesn't look that great then i can just move the credit to something else, on the other hand if it ends up being great i'll have missed out on the preorder bonus (which is not that huge of a deal i suppose). and like matto i too usually only preorder / day one purchase if it's a multiplayer game that i know i'll get my moneys worth out of. so hmm.

So is this going to be GTA with shadows? Or is this really going to be a different type of game? Red Dead Redemption even had dialogue talking about the "police", which made it pretty clear that there was cut and paste going on, even in the script. Yes, RDR is a good game, but it was just GTA in the west.

Thats a pretty lazy comparison. I didnt even like RDR but to say its just GTA set in the west is vastly dismissing.

I can see what your saying as far as the structure is similar, but Red Dead can stand on it's own instead of being a GTA clone in the west, RDR is one of the greatest games I ever played, The best games Rockstar ever put out to me was RDR and GTA:San Andreas and you could even say those are structured alike. GTA 4 was great for it's time but haven't aged well, I think most people problem with LA Noire is that they can't run through it guns blazing like other games, it requires you to actually have a coherent thought and to some that doesn't sound fun at all. People think it's a GTA thinking game.

[quote name='crunchewy']I guess I have to disagree with you. The structure of RDR is almost identical to GTA.[/QUOTE]

They're similar, but not identical.

Also I loved RDR whereas I thought GTA4 was boring and not fun at all to play.

[quote name='crunchewy']I guess I have to disagree with you. The structure of RDR is almost identical to GTA.[/QUOTE]

Yeah okay. And Fallout 3 was Oblivion with guns, right?

[quote name='crunchewy']Or is this really going to be a different type of game?[/QUOTE]Whether the answer is yes or no, a good chunk of the audience will be pissed.

[quote name='iNFiNiTE HORiZON']^ i did the same thing (trade 2 for $50 at gamestop). and am also uneven about going through with the day one purchase. on one hand i'd like to wait a few days for reviews to come out, and if it doesn't look that great then i can just move the credit to something else, on the other hand if it ends up being great i'll have missed out on the preorder bonus (which is not that huge of a deal i suppose). and like matto i too usually only preorder / day one purchase if it's a multiplayer game that i know i'll get my moneys worth out of. so hmm.[/QUOTE]

You could always get it day one, wait for reviews, and then decide whether to open it or return.

[quote name='jacobeid']You could always get it day one, wait for reviews, and then decide whether to open it or return.[/QUOTE]

good point, i'll do that haha. thanks

I don't think they used the Euphoria engine as Team Bondi isn't licensed by Natural motion. If they were using it, I think it would have been advertised. Still looking forward to the game.

[quote name='seen']I don't think they used the Euphoria engine as Team Bondi isn't licensed by Natural motion. If they were using it, I think it would have been advertised. Still looking forward to the game.[/QUOTE]

From what I can tell from the videos, it is the Euphoria engine but modified b/c of the facial mo cap. If you watch enough of the videos, the mini map and aiming reticles look straight out of RDR.

I just skimmed through that video, definitely don't need any spoilers at this point. Just wanted to see how the gameplay looked. Its definitely GTA gameplay, which isn't so surprising.

This game looks interesting. I might be getting it later in the Summer.
Since I have to pay to renew my Power Up Card it ends on the 31st and I don't want to be downgraded.

bread's done
Back