L.A. Noire w/ $15 Gift Card at Best Buy + 500 Bonus Points (YMMV $48.99 PM see OP)

_Ph03n1x_

CAGiversary!
Feedback
4 (100%)
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage...p=&qp=&list=n&iht=y&usc=All+Categories&ks=960

Best Buy has PMed TRU's offer of a $15 gift card with purchase of L.A. Noire

Edit: You also get 500 RZ Points if you pre-order which amounts to another $10 certificate. Thanks Defendthestar31 for the reminder!

Edit 2: [quote name='flizmo007']The BB Gaming App for the iPhone shows the game on sale for $48.99. Once you click to purchase, it takes you to the site where it shows $59.99. I know this may not help but it does at least reference their $48.99 price.[/QUOTE] You can try to use this to get a PM in store.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='mkm1998']So awesome story about BB that actually has a happy ending (I hope):

So waited outside my local BB for the midnight opening. Only 4 other people showed up, and they were all getting the 360 version so I was the only one picking up the ps3 version. They open the doors, and the first guy in line already asks about the midnight dlc. Turns out that since my local store wasn't listed on the main website they did not have any midnight release codes. We were all bummed, but what can you do?

So I'm the only one who did product pick up, so the manager had to take me over to the customer service section. So we started talking, nice guy actually. Says he tried to request the midnight dlc codes from corporate but they were shot down due to already being allocated in the region. I asked him nicely if he would try calling one of the stores that did have the codes, and just see if they had any extras. He said he tried for one of the other customers already, but would try one more time. Takes out his cell phone and calls, and this time the other store picks up. Turns out they were given 'over 20' of the cards, and had plenty left over (apparently at 12.05a I'm guessing they had as many people as my store had, haha). So the manager asked them to hold one of the ps3 cards for him. Got off the phone, took my name and number down, and said he would drive down to the other store, pick it up, and give me a call on Wednesday when he was back at this store. That other store is a good 30 minutes away each way, so that well above and beyond my expectations.

Now true this may all fall apart and until I stop by on Wednesday I may not actually get it, but at least he seemed genuine, and understood the situation.

So yeah, I'm happy right now.[/QUOTE]
What part of SD do you live in?
I went to the BB in El Cajon the one in Parkway Plaza there were only 5 of us who showed up, all of us picking up the ps3 ver. Anyways they had more than enough DLC vouchers and the other people didn't even know about the preorder 15 GC, but when i told them the store went ahead and gave em all the 15 GC anyways.

Also told them all about CAG :)

best buy price matched la noire for 48.99 for me but i only got a $10 gift card rather then $15 and i got the 500 reward zone points. I figured font push my luck the manager was kinda nasty.

You guys are probably not gonna believe this
So I went in store to pick up the game hoping to find maybe extra midnight dlc. Unfortunately there were none. I was about to pay and then I showed her a print out of the $48.99 price. She went to go talk to the manager. She then pullet it up on her computer and for some reason it showed $44.99! She said she would put in that price and I would be getting a refund.

So basically $44.99- $15 gift card-$15 reward zone credit(i already had)-$10(500 bonus points)-$10 (DLC I will sell). So basically a $2 profit including tax.
Awesome!!!

[quote name='SpartenOmega117'].

So basically $44.99- $15 gift card-$15 reward zone credit(i already had)-$10(500 bonus points)-$10 (DLC I will sell). So basically a $2 profit including tax.
Awesome!!![/QUOTE]

Sold my dlc quick because I priced it just right. Made $30 from the Nicholson and naked city dlc that I randomly got in my case instead of the sharpshooter. Got the $15 gc, $10 in RZ, and price matched to $49. Overall profit and even got the game. Awesome.

[quote name='mkm1998']So awesome story about BB that actually has a happy ending (I hope):

So waited outside my local BB for the midnight opening. Only 4 other people showed up, and they were all getting the 360 version so I was the only one picking up the ps3 version. They open the doors, and the first guy in line already asks about the midnight dlc. Turns out that since my local store wasn't listed on the main website they did not have any midnight release codes. We were all bummed, but what can you do?

So I'm the only one who did product pick up, so the manager had to take me over to the customer service section. So we started talking, nice guy actually. Says he tried to request the midnight dlc codes from corporate but they were shot down due to already being allocated in the region. I asked him nicely if he would try calling one of the stores that did have the codes, and just see if they had any extras. He said he tried for one of the other customers already, but would try one more time. Takes out his cell phone and calls, and this time the other store picks up. Turns out they were given 'over 20' of the cards, and had plenty left over (apparently at 12.05a I'm guessing they had as many people as my store had, haha). So the manager asked them to hold one of the ps3 cards for him. Got off the phone, took my name and number down, and said he would drive down to the other store, pick it up, and give me a call on Wednesday when he was back at this store. That other store is a good 30 minutes away each way, so that well above and beyond my expectations.

Now true this may all fall apart and until I stop by on Wednesday I may not actually get it, but at least he seemed genuine, and understood the situation.

So yeah, I'm happy right now.[/QUOTE]

My story's a bit similar to yours, except that I got the 360 version and was the one who asked about the dlc. Also, the store I went to WAS listed but never received the codes, so we all got the "Raincheck" treatment. Enough Mags and barely enough sodas (everyone wanted reg. cokes lol) and $10 GC's on top of the $15 from the preorder.

However, since I ordered from the website like 3 hours prior to the release, i had to buy another copy and wait for the system to process my preorder. The manager tried to cancel the preorder but it didn't work, so she said to just come in and when i picked it up to return the other one. Hopefully the preorder one actually stays and I don't get charged extra cause that's the one I want. We'll see what happens.

Hey guys, not sure if its already listed somewhere in this thread, but if you preordered the game no matter when you can get 11.68 credit back to you..you don't have to have bought it before the price dropped for a few hours to 48.99! good luck!!! Just call best buy and tell them about the "price order gaurantee" i ordered an xbox version and a ps3 version and got 11.63 credited for each 1 even tho i ordered it after they readjusted teh price back up to 59.99!

I got the credit. When I picked up my online pre order @ the Holyoke, MA store, I just showed the chick @ the customer service desk the price in the app, and she said ok I will call you in 2-3 hours after it updates (something about it takes forever with their online system)

Got the call a few hours ago and already 40% into the game and loving it.

Just call into customer care. Told them i saw a cheaper price on the iphone app. Mentioned i had a screencap even though it didnt come to that. The Rep just took down my info forwarded it to the "promo team" n said i got to wait a day or 2 n then it will be done. Was very easy to do.

[quote name='londonwhitted']Just call into customer care. Told them i saw a cheaper price on the iphone app. Mentioned i had a screencap even though it didnt come to that. The Rep just took down my info forwarded it to the "promo team" n said i got to wait a day or 2 n then it will be done. Was very easy to do.[/QUOTE]

Wtf then

Guys I just opened my copy from best buy? I got 2 DLC codes, 1 for the consul's car and 1 for the sharpshooter detective suit? Did anyone else get this?? I thought you're only supposed to get the sharpshooter suit?

[quote name='srac84']Guys I just opened my copy from best buy? I got 2 DLC codes, 1 for the consul's car and 1 for the sharpshooter detective suit? Did anyone else get this?? I thought you're only supposed to get the sharpshooter suit?[/QUOTE]

The car one is PS3 exclusive.

$48.99 + 500 reward zone points (already deposited in my account) + $15 gift card (shipped yesterday) = insane deal. Total luck I happened to see it at that price Sunday morning.

[quote name='dinokill']My Sharpshooter Detective Suit DLC is selling in ebay for $10 with one hour to go.

:cool:[/QUOTE]

Off topic, but seriously, that's nothing. You're talking to a guy who sold his Ser Isaac Dragon Age 2 armor code for $70. Now that's some ca-ching!:cool::cool::cool:

The local Best Buy didn't do a midnight release, but I decided to ask about the additional code anyways. The employee handing me my preorder seemed confused, said any BB exclusive DLC would be packaged in the case. Oh well, was worth a try I guess.

[quote name='jaide']You're not alone. I've tried a few times, and no one over the wants to honor the 48.99 price. First time I tried, rep said she didn't know what the best buy app was. Second rep said she couldn't access it for some unknown reason. Third said they couldn't price match orders with promo items (giftcard) even though everybody buying from Best Buy got a gift card of some sort.

I mentioned the price to a best buy employee today while picking up my pre-order. He said he would have no problem matching it if I wanted to return/rebuy since it was an online order.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, i ended up just posting it on Best Buy's forum and see what happens. One last store i can try PMing tommorow, and ill probally try calling in again (I get the feeling the ladies i talked to had NO idea what i was talking about)

[quote name='dino88']I called on Sunday when the price was $48.99 and got the adjustment. Well, I just received a phone call from Best Buy confirming that $11 is being charged back to my card. Definitely didn't expect a phone call.

Total for my most anticipated game of the year:

$64 - $15 (gift card I already had) - $11 (price match) = $38 + $35 BB credit (extra $10 for putting me over the $150 Gamers Rewards)[/QUOTE]

The BB.com PM team will call you whenever they credit you the PM difference.

[quote name='Mr Dude65']Off topic, but seriously, that's nothing. You're talking to a guy who sold his Ser Isaac Dragon Age 2 armor code for $70. Now that's some ca-ching!:cool::cool::cool:[/QUOTE]

.....wow

[quote name='kidrocklive'].....wow[/QUOTE]

Lol, one of my PSN buddies sold his Final Fantasy Dissidia Tifa DLC for about 120$.

Some people out there are idiots

[quote name='kidrocklive'].....wow[/QUOTE]

0_o haha my reaction too, bummer i sold that for $15 lol

I have seen those gamestop "naked" dlc mission go for $25 an hour ago and the amazon detective suit go for $10

bummer i missed out on $15 + 500 bonus points , oh well

Called up on my online preorder that I did a store pick up and got a $12 credit with the 48.99 pricematch. I also got "The Naked City" DLC in my xbox 360 game instead of the sharpshooter suit. When I called I asked them about this and they said they would send it to their promotions team and get me the code for the suit. So far good game and for a great price!

I think you guys should give up on the $11 PM difference. It was a pricing error that wasn't meant for anyone in the first place. They fixed it so you're drawing at straws.

[quote name='Boltbacker']Called up on my online preorder that I did a store pick up and got a $12 credit with the 48.99 pricematch. I also got "The Naked City" DLC in my xbox 360 game instead of the sharpshooter suit. When I called I asked them about this and they said they would send it to their promotions team and get me the code for the suit. So far good game and for a great price![/QUOTE]

Same thing happened to me!

[quote name='Cheapskate']The local Best Buy didn't do a midnight release, but I decided to ask about the additional code anyways. The employee handing me my preorder seemed confused, said any BB exclusive DLC would be packaged in the case. Oh well, was worth a try I guess.[/QUOTE]

Same thing for me. The lady in pickup asked her manager for me but since they didnt do a midnight deal they didnt have it.

I got the midnight launch exclusive DLC from BB. I didn't even go to the midnight launch, lol. I just asked for it and the nice girl gave me the voucher. They had a stack by the pick-up desk (Tukwila, WA location).

Did you get the L.A. Noire "Nicholson Electroplating Arson Case" code for 360, but prefer the PS3 version instead? I have a PS3 code for this, and want the 360 instead. Let's trade!

That's great that a lot of you guys got such great deals on this game with getting the game matched to 50. I really wish I jumped on this deal earlier, but a 15 buck giftcard also sounds pretty good. Hopefully, I can join you all in experience this game.

Wow, that was easy. I just called Best Buy customer service and they're going to credit me back ~$11 for the price difference of the Gamers App. The guy on the phone was aware of the price already and took care of everything for me. Really made out on this deal.

Can someone explain the bonus 500 RZ points to me real quick (it's not on the site, do I need something to get it?) Also, do I still get RZ points if I pay in full with GCs? Trying to decide between this deal and Amazon.

[quote name='PrinnyOtaku']Can someone explain the bonus 500 RZ points to me real quick (it's not on the site, do I need something to get it?) Also, do I still get RZ points if I pay in full with GCs? Trying to decide between this deal and Amazon.[/QUOTE]

Best Buy Reward Zone Gamer's Club Members will receive an EXTRA 500 Reward Zone Points if you Pre-Ordered & purchase LA Noire by the end of Saturday. Unless something has changed in the last year, you still get RZ Points even if you use a GC, RZ Bucks, or a coupon. For instance, I received MANY RZ Points during the Super Monkey Ball deal even though I paid $0 for every copy.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='URABAHN']Best Buy Reward Zone Gamer's Club Members will receive an EXTRA 500 Reward Zone Points if you purchase LA Noire by the end of Saturday. Unless something has changed in the last year, you still get RZ Points even if you use a GC, RZ Bucks, or a coupon. For instance, I received MANY RZ Points during the Super Monkey Ball deal even though I paid $0 for every copy.[/QUOTE]

Is that so? Huh...I thought that 500 points was for a pre-order? If that's the case, I really want to buy this ASAP. I signed up as part of the Gamer's Club long time ago.

[quote name='Rock_Dash3X']Is that so? Huh...I thought that 500 points was for a pre-order? If that's the case, I really want to buy this ASAP. I signed up as part of the Gamer's Club long time ago.[/QUOTE]

It was only if you pre-ordered, the person above you is incorrect. You have to pick up your pre-order by Saturday to get the bonus 500 Gamer's Club points.

[quote name='Donut2922']I think you guys should give up on the $11 PM difference. It was a pricing error that wasn't meant for anyone in the first place. They fixed it so you're drawing at straws.[/QUOTE]
I believe the idiom you are looking looking for is "grasping at straws"

[quote name='SteveGo']It was only if you pre-ordered, the person above you is incorrect. You have to pick up your pre-order by Saturday to get the bonus 500 Gamer's Club points.[/QUOTE]

Right, I left out that key part.

2.For in-store pre-orders, pick up and purchase the game from 5/17/11–5/21/11.

people are already getting the 500 RZ credits? I don't think the Portal 2 ones have been deposited yet, last time I checked it was pending (as was the charge for Portal 2).

also are dlc codes redeemable on PSN yet? I'm not sure if that is tied with the network store.

[quote name='SteveGo']Wow, that was easy. I just called Best Buy customer service and they're going to credit me back ~$11 for the price difference of the Gamers App. The guy on the phone was aware of the price already and took care of everything for me. Really made out on this deal.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I just got off the phone with them. First time I called Best Buy customer service, and got a good experience right away. Lady on the phone was very nice and helpful. She said I would get an email instead of a phone call though. It may be because I used a gift card and paypal to pay online. What a sweet deal! :bouncy:

[quote name='Gamer SDP']people are already getting the 500 RZ credits? I don't think the Portal 2 ones have been deposited yet, last time I checked it was pending (as was the charge for Portal 2).

also are dlc codes redeemable on PSN yet? I'm not sure if that is tied with the network store.[/QUOTE]
I just got an email late last night that I had a $10 credit waiting for me.

So if I order today I won't get the 500RZ points but I will get the 15 dollar GC? Btw; I got my Portal 2 points this morning.

[quote name='jughead']So if I order today I won't get the 500RZ points but I will get the 15 dollar GC? Btw; I got my Portal 2 points this morning.[/QUOTE]

From my understanding, you will get the 15 dollar GC at least. You may have to get them to scan one or PM their online site though. I'm hoping I get a giftcard. For me, if that fails I'll just order it online while in the store and just click store pick up. I assume that should work too. I think the GC is only through this week (end's Saturday night).

[quote name='Gamer SDP']people are already getting the 500 RZ credits? I don't think the Portal 2 ones have been deposited yet, last time I checked it was pending (as was the charge for Portal 2).

also are dlc codes redeemable on PSN yet? I'm not sure if that is tied with the network store.[/QUOTE]

My 500 bonus RZ points haven't shown up on my account yet. Neither has my LA Noire purchase. But the free gift card is showing up. Guess i have to wait a few more days.

bread's done
Back