LA Noire $59.99 + $20 Credit @ Amazon

GBAstar

CAGiversary!
Feedback
62 (100%)
Looks like Amazon just changed their promotional credit from $15 to $20 for LA Noire. How nice of them to do so the day AFTER most of our orders shipped so that they don't have to technically honor this for those who preordered. Still worth a try though.

PS3

Last edited by a moderator:
Worked for me with live chat. At first he didn't want to offer the credit. Then I told him I saw a million other people getting the credit as an exception, and offered to copy/paste about 40 conversation transcripts proving this. He changed his mind instantly.

[quote name='jester55']Anyone having any luck getting the original $10 credit as well?[/QUOTE]

I did, as well as a couple others that I know of so far. Quite a few received the email stating they would get both the $15 and $10...but don't know if they receviced them both yet. Received a total of $30 credit. ;)

[quote name='Brother Daz']did the chat again and got my $5 this time. But they're sending it in 24-48 hours?? I've never had them issue me the credit this way before.[/QUOTE]

I just contacted Amazon about the price of The Witcher 2 dropping $5 after my item shipped, but the same day of release. They told me I would get the credit back in 24-48hrs.

My CSR (forgot her name) told me she would give me the extra $5 for ONE order. Said they couldn't give me the promo credit for both of my pre-orders :(

Guess I'll try again later.

I was told the issue would be investigated for my case by Akber. No big deal. I have plenty of time before I can apply it to my Alice order.

[quote name='hle078']has anyone actually played this game yet? is it awesome?[/QUOTE]

Lol, nice. all too busy saving $5. which part is the game again? the part where i hunt for deals, or the part where i hold the button covered thingy.

[quote name='outphase']I was told the issue would be investigated for my case by Akber. [/QUOTE]

is this an Amazon exclusive dlc for the game? ;)

[quote name='SmileyMcSmiles']I did, as well as a couple others that I know of so far. Quite a few received the email stating they would get both the $15 and $10...but don't know if they receviced them both yet. Received a total of $30 credit. ;)[/QUOTE]

So what was your method for them to add the $10? Same as for the $5?

[quote name='youenvy']is this an Amazon exclusive dlc for the game? ;)[/QUOTE]

Special midnight launch available to the first 2 people in line!

[quote name='jester55']So what was your method for them to add the $10? Same as for the $5?[/QUOTE]

the +$10 is a VG only credit that was the deal before they upped it to $15 (now 20). the "new" credit (15/20) was all-amazon. conventional wisdom is amazon rewarded those who pre-ordered early with both credits (my opinion) OR that it was a glitch in their system.

unlike the current (rectified) situation where newer buyers got a better credit, the above rewards the earliest pre-orders, which is why i think it was intentional - and why arguing that you should get it for an order placed after the change is likely to be fruitless.

Wow, I'm arguing with some tool on the Amazon discussion board for the game. This guy thinks anyone asking for the $5 difference is taking entitlement out of control. Oh, and he just used the old "go cry in your mom's basement" line. Wonder if this tool posts on here too... ;)

Sent an email this morning......Reply: "Our team is currently working on all the orders that were placed before today that only received the $15 credit to get an additional $5 credit for the new offer that is shown on our site for $20."

I didn't ask Amazon to give me the extra $5 but they gave it to me this morning & I think it's all thanks to those of you contacted them. So thanks guys! :D

also, can we please stop with the "why is amazon screwing over pre-orderers?" line of thinking. it's a known fact that amazon uses algorithms to determine pricing...

and this LA noire pre-order/order bonus is probably no different. Probably a set of pre-sales thresholds that triggered the credit increases, and one trigger just happened to be met the day after launch

I am sure they would have preferred this not happen this way, given the possible backlash. and as the link mentions above, their robo-pricing is not without flaws. :)

[quote name='thesuzukimethod']also, can we please stop with the "why is amazon screwing over pre-orderers?" line of thinking. it's a known fact that amazon uses algorithms to determine pricing...

and this LA noire pre-order/order bonus is probably no different. Probably a set of pre-sales thresholds that triggered the credit increases, and one trigger just happened to be met the day after launch

I am sure they would have preferred this not happen this way, given the possible backlash. and as the link mentions above, their robo-pricing is not without flaws. :)[/QUOTE]

Agreed and QFT.

also also, just got the robo-email, so it seems they are giving the credit to everyone who pre-ordered, not just the squeaky wheels...(and which helps support my hypothesis...haha, science)

Just talked to a CSR and according to "Shanda" they said if you haven't got yer 20$ credit within 24 hours contact them. But they are working on it right now.

So...

I went to check my account, as I'm thinking of pre-ordering another game, and it showed that I have $35 in credit. I received the original $10, and $15. Earlier I chatted inquiring about the $5, and with no hassle the CSR placed an extra $5 in my account. But now I have another $5...most likely due to their automated system taking care of it for all L.A. Noire pre-orders.

Hot damn!

[quote name='SmileyMcSmiles']So...

I went to check my account as I'm thinking of pre-ordering another game, and it showed that I have $35 in credit. I received the original $10, and $15. Earlier I chatted inquiring about the $5, and with no hassle the CSR placed an extra $5 in my account. But now I have another $5...most likely due to their automated system taking care of it for all L.A. Noire pre-orders.

Hot damn![/QUOTE]

shhhh. :) you'll start another riot. ppl trying to chat the reps to get the extra/manual credit too.

[quote name='thesuzukimethod']shhhh. :) you'll start another riot. ppl trying to chat the reps to get the extra/manual credit too.[/QUOTE]

lol

Hmm...Alice: Madness Returns for $9.99 out of pocket or Infamous 2 for $24.99?

[quote name='SmileyMcSmiles']So...

I went to check my account, as I'm thinking of pre-ordering another game, and it showed that I have $35 in credit. I received the original $10, and $15. Earlier I chatted inquiring about the $5, and with no hassle the CSR placed an extra $5 in my account. But now I have another $5...most likely due to their automated system taking care of it for all L.A. Noire pre-orders.

Hot damn![/QUOTE]

Rage, rage wherese my credit? Oh wait, i got the same 2x 5$ added on.:bouncy:

[quote name='wolve']Wow, I'm arguing with some tool on the Amazon discussion board for the game. This guy thinks anyone asking for the $5 difference is taking entitlement out of control. Oh, and he just used the old "go cry in your mom's basement" line. Wonder if this tool posts on here too... ;)[/QUOTE]
Goodness, don't these people know we're CAGers????

Do they know how much $5 is to us???

I can freaking use it to see THOR on a Saturday matinee showing!!! Or even by myself a footlong Subway sandwhich with that money!!!

[quote name='thesuzukimethod']shhhh. :) you'll start another riot. ppl trying to chat the reps to get the extra/manual credit too.[/QUOTE]

Too late :p
At this point ppl should stop bugging the CSRs so they can handle other issues.

If you don't get the automated $5 credit in a couple days, then go bug them. But seriously, enough already. BTW, can the OP or mod update the first post about Amazon issuing the credit difference?

I just got an email this morning from Amazon about getting a $5 promotional credit, and was wondering what the hell I got it for. I guess this thread answers that question. It's cool they handled it automatically, but some sort of explanation why would have been nice.

[quote name='henry00x']THIS. I am starting to get very annoyed with Amazon because of these reasons

Anyway, i did the chat thing and Hari hooked me up with the extra $5[/QUOTE]

Cant very well get annoyed because something dropped in price AFTER you get it. If the price dropped before you get it and they dont give you the difference then I could see it being a problem.

How can you get upset with amazon for trying to compete with better deals other retailers are offering? If they didnt compete then youd be bitching that they werent trying to compete. Im sure this came as a result they saw someone else offering a better deal than them so they matched it, its not like they could know ahead of time of the other retailers deal until they start offering, so amazon reacted to it.

Would you be happier if amazon said "Well we gave you 15 off before, but because its unfair to people who pre ordered we wont ever be giving 20 off to other customers like our competition is doing."

Some people are just not happy when someone else gets a deal better than them, despite you were happy with yours to begin with. You say "Well yes I was happy with my original deal so I pre ordered the game and was pleased....but wait that asshole is getting 5 dollars extra off after the fact! Im not happy anymore".

One can use the $20 amazon credit and if you get it today, you can get Crysis 2 for $14.99 as it's the deal of the day. Just trying to help.

[quote name='gargus']Cant very well get annoyed because something dropped in price AFTER you get it. If the price dropped before you get it and they dont give you the difference then I could see it being a problem.

How can you get upset with amazon for trying to compete with better deals other retailers are offering? If they didnt compete then youd be bitching that they werent trying to compete. Im sure this came as a result they saw someone else offering a better deal than them so they matched it, its not like they could know ahead of time of the other retailers deal until they start offering, so amazon reacted to it.

Would you be happier if amazon said "Well we gave you 15 off before, but because its unfair to people who pre ordered we wont ever be giving 20 off to other customers like our competition is doing."

Some people are just not happy when someone else gets a deal better than them, despite you were happy with yours to begin with. You say "Well yes I was happy with my original deal so I pre ordered the game and was pleased....but wait that asshole is getting 5 dollars extra off after the fact! Im not happy anymore".[/QUOTE]

yes! my thoughts exactly. but i think the timing was bad, just one day after release... either way, this shows why amazon is the best and i always choose amazon over other retailers (as long as deals are comparable)

[quote name='gargus']Cant very well get annoyed because something dropped in price AFTER you get it.
.[/QUOTE]

well in this case it was literally not even one day later-so yeah i think people should have been a little annoyed that in less in 24 hours they were selling the game cheaper.

[quote name='thesuzukimethod']also, can we please stop with the "why is amazon screwing over pre-orderers?" line of thinking.[/QUOTE]
Way to completely miss the point. The fact of the matter is if this continues, then people will simply stop pre-ordering altogether which is bad for both sides. I wasn't even going to send them an email because quite frankly, it was well within their policy to do so and I was just SOL. I'm glad they're issuing the credit to everyone and I have no problem with it if they're consistent. I think this all could be avoided if they just changed their policy to a week after release, though.

[quote name='Jodou']Way to completely miss the point. The fact of the matter is if this continues, then people will simply stop pre-ordering altogether which is bad for both sides. I wasn't even going to send them an email because quite frankly, it was well within their policy to do so and I was just SOL. I'm glad they're issuing the credit to everyone and I have no problem with it if they're consistent. I think this all could be avoided if they just changed their policy to a week after release, though.[/QUOTE]

Yeah that sounds fair to me. I mean don't retailers like Best Buy have similar policies?

Awesome, i got the extra $5 (didnt ask for it either)

Is there somewhere on Amazon I can check how much credit I have available? I couldn't figure it out.

[quote name='mkaliaz']Awesome, i got the extra $5 (didnt ask for it either)

Is there somewhere on Amazon I can check how much credit I have available? I couldn't figure it out.[/QUOTE]

yup, you can click on "your account" link on the upper right and from there just go to "view gift card balance" under the payment section

[quote name='hle078']yup, you can click on "your account" link on the upper right and from there just go to "view gift card balance" under the payment section[/QUOTE]
Mine didnt show there. I had to fake buy something to see if it was useable.

[quote name='hle078']yup, you can click on "your account" link on the upper right and from there just go to "view gift card balance" under the payment section[/QUOTE]

Hmm, i checked that and it says $0. Maybe Amazon is just slow.

[quote name='mkaliaz']Awesome, i got the extra $5 (didnt ask for it either)

Is there somewhere on Amazon I can check how much credit I have available? I couldn't figure it out.[/QUOTE]

go to video on demand click on a movie like your going to rent it-and when your there click redeem code and it will show you all the creds you have

[quote name='Jodou']Way to completely miss the point. The fact of the matter is if this continues, then people will simply stop pre-ordering altogether which is bad for both sides. I wasn't even going to send them an email because quite frankly, it was well within their policy to do so and I was just SOL. I'm glad they're issuing the credit to everyone and I have no problem with it if they're consistent. I think this all could be avoided if they just changed their policy to a week after release, though.[/QUOTE]

now who's missing the point? did you read the link i posted? they use algorithms to set their prices (including pre-order credits) - the algorithm goofed (from a CS perspective) and they fixed it within hours. where's the problem? I'm more likely to use amazon after this, not less.

[quote name='thesuzukimethod']also, can we please stop with the "why is amazon screwing over pre-orderers?" line of thinking. it's a known fact that amazon uses algorithms to determine pricing...

I am sure they would have preferred this not happen this way, given the possible backlash. and as the link mentions above, their robo-pricing is not without flaws. :)[/QUOTE]

You are completely wrong.
1) Amazon offers that automated pricing system to 3rd party sellers, not on merch they are selling themselves.
2) The price hasn't changed at all, only the value of the promotional credit has.
3) This is entirely the result of other retailers offering increasingly better higher promotional credits and then amazon matching them....first Best Buy a $15 GC for online orders last week, and then walmart offering $20 GC for online orders I believe yesterday.
4) Your logic is completely off. If they sold a ton of pre orders, why would they up the promo credit after the fact? They were presold, so it is not like they have warehouses of full of them and now they need to some how throw on extra promos to move them.

bread's done
Back