LA Noire $59.99 + $20 Credit @ Amazon

GBAstar

CAGiversary!
Feedback
62 (100%)
Looks like Amazon just changed their promotional credit from $15 to $20 for LA Noire. How nice of them to do so the day AFTER most of our orders shipped so that they don't have to technically honor this for those who preordered. Still worth a try though.

PS3

Last edited by a moderator:
I know it's just 5 bucks, but I shot them a quick e-mail and got the 5 bucks within 20 minutes. Amazon has never done me wrong.

here was my situation

Me:promotional credit change
Bhoopalan:Hello, my name is Bhoopalan. How may I help you?
Me:Hello, I noticed that when I had placed the order for L.A. Noire, there was a $15 promotional credit. I see now that it has increased to $20. Is there any way I could receive those extra $5?
Bhoopalan:Can you hold for a minute or two while I research this for you?
Me:eek:k
Bhoopalan:I'm sorry, Justin. In order to take advantage of this promotion, you must have placed a qualifying order during the specified promotion period. We're unable to apply special discounts to items ordered before or after the dates of the promotional offer.
However, as an exception, I'm issuing you a $5 promotional gift certificate
Me:Thank you.
Bhoopalan:Is that Okay?
Please hold on a minute or two while I do this for you.
I've issued you a $5 promotional certificate, which you can use the next time you order an item shipped and sold by Amazon.com.
You'll see your available promotional balance at checkout--this amount will be applied to your next order automatically without entering a claim code.
Your promotional balance doesn't appear in Your Account but will always display when you place an order.
Me:Ok, thank you.
Bhoopalan:For more information about using your promotional certificate, including the terms and conditions for using the certificate, visit our Help pages:
www.amazon.com/help/promotionalcertificate
Is there anything else I can do for you?
Me:No that is all
Bhoopalan:Thanks for visiting Amazon.com. We hope to see you again soon!

[quote name='SmileyMcSmiles']Yes, as they are two separate SKU's for different systems, which qualify as two different items. It wouldn't work when buying two PS3 versions or two 360 versions. But one for each system will in fact net you a $20 bonus for each.[/QUOTE]

I placed 2 separate pre-orders for LA Noire, 1 for 360 and 1 for PS3. I only received 1 $15 vg credit afterward. Should I contact Amazon and tell them I should have received 2 $15 credits since I bought the game for 2 separate systems?

[quote name='flatliner718']I got the e-mail about getting the 10 dollar gaming coupon as well as the 15 dollar general credit. I wasn't gonna give two shits about the 10 dollar gaming credit, but when i saw they amped the 15 dollars up to 20. I figured i'd talk with amazon chat as i have in the past. I did, and i was denied, but i figured...ok i'll bring up the 10 dollar gaming coupon. What i got from amazon's customer service was bar none....the oddest customer service conversation i've ever had as a dedicated PRIME shopper for 8 years. I have the conversation on my blog....its THAT BAD.

http://flatliner718.tumblr.com/post/5604184552/oddest-worst-amazon-customer-service-support-chat[/QUOTE]

LAF...your CSR wasn't even paying attention to you...he was looking at his "mates" screen instead...lol!!! :lol:

[quote name='flatliner718']I got the e-mail about getting the 10 dollar gaming coupon as well as the 15 dollar general credit. I wasn't gonna give two shits about the 10 dollar gaming credit, but when i saw they amped the 15 dollars up to 20. I figured i'd talk with amazon chat as i have in the past. I did, and i was denied, but i figured...ok i'll bring up the 10 dollar gaming coupon. What i got from amazon's customer service was bar none....the oddest customer service conversation i've ever had as a dedicated PRIME shopper for 8 years. I have the conversation on my blog....its THAT BAD.

http://flatliner718.tumblr.com/post/5604184552/oddest-worst-amazon-customer-service-support-chat[/QUOTE]
HAhahaha! Lmao.

[quote name='SmileyMcSmiles']Well, all my credit is in...a total of $30 for pre-ordering L.A. Noire. Score!

I

[quote name='Marker']I placed 2 separate pre-orders for LA Noire, 1 for 360 and 1 for PS3. I only received 1 $15 vg credit afterward. Should I contact Amazon and tell them I should have received 2 $15 credits since I bought the game for 2 separate systems?[/QUOTE]

Yes, you should...immediately. Mentioning the $20 for each now wouldn't hurt...you deserve $40 total.

Just got it through chat. Mohammad wasn't going to give it to me but I told him that it really was discouraging me from ever preordering if they kept on doing this. He gave me the one time exception 5 dollars. I kinda feel dirty. Reflecting back though this really has me wondering if it is worth it to pre order. I think I would have been OK without the detective suit.

[quote name='JJBro1']how did you get $30?[/QUOTE]

Well, on another topic there was all the shenanigans concerning some people who pre-ordered the game back when it only had $10 credit. After they had bumped it to $15 and started shipping the game...those people noticed their shipping confirmation stated they would received the $15 universal credit and the additional $10 credit (for video games only).

So, I naturally inquired about this with CSR and politely asked if I would also be extended the offer. And a CSR said I did qualify for $25 as well and gave me $10 in my account right then and there. Then I received the $15...and just now I was credited the extra $5. $30. :)

Now I can pre-order Alice: Madness Returns for only $14.99 out of pocket. :D

I've decided to send an e-mail since that's seemed to work for some of you. I also advised Amazon if they can check the chat logs of who i was 'assisted' by... let's see how that one goes... Its not even that i'm bitter about not receiving the additional credit now... I'm more so bewildered by conversation i had with them, and usually when it comes down to amazon chat support...i'm just bewildered that new names i've never heard of almost seem to happen each, and every time.

I'm going to go ahead and try to get the extra $5 because UPS' plane crashed or something and I didn't even get my "super duper release date shipping" guarantee.

[quote name='stevieraveon']Tried for the extra $5, but got shot down by Durga on Amazon chat. Should I try again later?[/QUOTE]

Just for having SRV as your avatar I'm going to not only advise you to try again, but will guarantee you will get the $5 the next time you try.

[quote name='stevieraveon']Tried for the extra $5, but got shot down by Durga on Amazon chat. Should I try again later?[/QUOTE]

Yes !

With Amazon it's always YMMV and if at first you don't succeed try again. I tried changing my order from the 360 version to the PS3. They wouldn't do it cause I had already changed it. I tried several times and they finally did.

Hmm might order this game now but I don't appreciate the underhanded credit change tactics amazon seems to be employing.

You know, the money they save by not hiring Americans for this shit is money they could be handing out in promotional credit. Look at how he blew me off, haha.

Me:I noticed that when I had placed the order for L.A. Noire, there was a $15 promotional credit. I see now that it has increased to $20. Is there any way I could receive the extra $5?
Considering the game was supposed to arrive on May 17th but was delayed during shipping, I believe it would be an appropriate consolation.
Thank you for your help.

Srinivas:I can understand your concern.
I'd really appreciate if you could give us some time to resolve this for you.
I'll get back to you via e-mail in 24 hours once I have enough information from concerned department.

Me:Oh. Okay. So are you looking forward to the new Harry Potter movie?

Srinivas:Yes, I am.
Come on, Apu, give me Amazon's money.

So I got on chat with a pleasant Indian fellow about the $5 credit difference just now, and it was a bit of a struggle but I got him to give me the extra promo. He initially denied me, and I questioned him, and he just continued to give me the company line about promo credits being time sensitive. It was at this point I told him how big of a hassle it would be to return and re-buy just for the $5 credit, and he finally gave in and awarded me the credit. Thank you Amazon!

[quote name='brentaw'] It was at this point I told him how big of a hassle it would be to return and re-buy just for the $5 credit, and he finally gave in and awarded me the credit.[/QUOTE]

What's interesting about that is that it would cost you almost $5 to send the goddamn thing back, haha.

[quote name='SmileyMcSmiles']Just for having SRV as your avatar I'm going to not only advise you to try again, but will guarantee you will get the $5 the next time you try.[/QUOTE]
Gotta keep the blues alive. I'll try for the extra credit after breakfast. Thanks folks!

just got $5 ;)

"just got it last night, still sealed :)7:21:43 AMMe:just noticed the new promo credit deal now though7:22:04 AM
Mohamed:Thanks for waiting. 7:22:56 AM
Mohamed:In order to take advantage of $20.00 promotion, you must place a qualifying order during the specified promotion period while supplies last. We're unable to apply special discounts to items ordered before or after the dates of the promotional offer.7:23:05 AM

Me:no problem7:23:05 AM
Me:but i can still return my order, and then rebuy for the promo credit?7:23:24 AM

Mohamed:I see that this credit is Limit one per household. 7:24:02 AM
Mohamed:However, I'll make an exception to our Standard policy and will issue a promotional credit of $5.00 to your account."

Amazon is getting kinda cheesy with these future credits (see: Portal 2). Just drop the price and take my money!

Always had good success with e-mailing and it worked!
Hello,

I understand that you're concerned about the promotional offer associated with your order for "L.A. Noire".

I've checked on your account and see that a $15.00 promotional certificate was automatically added to your account for this order. As per policy, we actually don't honor changes on the promotional offers once the order has been shipped.

However, in appreciation of your valuable business to Amazon.com, we have decided to make a one time exception for you. I am including an additional $5.00 promotional certificate for future use on our website for you to have a total of $20.00 promotional certificate. The promotional certificate was applied to your account, and it will be applied to your next order automatically--you'll see it during checkout. Please be guided that you don't need to enter a claim code.

I hope this solution works for you. We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Haha - that guy completely blew you off. Never witnessed such carelessness in an Amazon CSR before.

Used the chat and Muzaffar was pretty rigid. I told him I haven't even had it for 12 hours since my Release Date Delivery was so late and he just said Amazon Promotions change all the time and that he hopes I continue to shop at Amazon.

I asked him why should anyone pre-order anything when Amazon just makes it cheaper the next day and he said he could understand my frustration.

Just got mine from CS!
Happy-Dance-the-colbert-report-9352750-300-229.gif

Roshan claims he is going to credit my account, but not sowing yet. How long does it take for it to be applied to the account?

So how much better is the ps3 version? Is that extra case worth it? I already have the 360 version that I bought with some promotional credit. It's still unopened. I got the 360 version because of achievements and maybe avatar awards. Is the framerate on the 360 version that bad? Should I return my 360 copy and get the ps3 copy or just stick with what I have? If I do d decide to get the ps3 what's the best way of selling my 360 copy so I'm not losing any money?

[quote name='thejnc']Roshan claims he is going to credit my account, but not sowing yet. How long does it take for it to be applied to the account?[/QUOTE]

Heh, that's who I'm chatting with atm.

Doesn't seem too promising so far...

Got the "you must place an order within the promotional period" message from CS. Mine's still sealed, so I pointed out that it'd cost Amazon more to pay the return shipping on this one and ship me out another one.. the CS then said he'd apply a $5 bonus to my account.

I'm glad he agreed to.. I would've just returned it and bought it at Best Buy. Pretty happy with Amazon right now, but I learned my lesson - always order a game from there the day after release day! :)

..I'll wait until the $5 promtional credit is applied before I open the game.

speaking of which, noob question: where do I check to see the amount of promo credit I have?

wow....thank you original poster......i was going to pick this up at kmart yesterday but couldn't pull the trigger because my neighboring kmarts suck arse and i really didn't want to be stuck with spending the coupon at a kmart.....amazon is a no brainer...

An Amazon rep just told me that they were not "making any concessions to any customer" for this item. Nice. I'm opening a different chat window right now.

The 2nd Amazon rep told me that promotions are limited time offers but gave me a credit anyway after awhile. Still stupid that you have to go through all of this after being a loyal customer and pre-ordering from them.

Muzaffar told me in a chat that there was nothing he could do about the extra $5 credit, but then he emailed a half hour later to say he applied a $5 credit to my account.

Muzaffar totally rocks.

That was weird, it looks like they are using bots now for their CS chat rooms.

Guys, amazon is crazy. Also I have $25 is amazong MP3 credit. WTF?
Greetings from Amazon.com.

You saved $0.99 with Amazon.com's Pre-order Price Guarantee!

The price of the item(s) decreased after you ordered them, and we gave you the lowest price.

The following title(s) decreased in price:

L.A. Noire
Price on order date: $59.99
Price charged at shipping: $59.99
Lowest price before release date: $59.00
Amount to be refunded: $0.99
Quantity: 1
Total Savings: $0.99

[quote name='GBAstar']Looks like Amazon just changed their promotional credit from $15 to $20 for LA Noire. How nice of them to do so the day AFTER most of our orders shipped so that they don't have to technically honor this for those who preordered. Still worth a try though.

PS3

360[/QUOTE]

Gotta love how these vendors try and 1-up each other with $10 off, then $15 off, then $20 off after orders are placed. Apparently Amazon is still behind as they have yet to include the free $20 game like K-mart is doing. Maybe we'll see that after everyone orders this latest deal.

[quote name='bobewreckem69']haha me too , i have $15 in mp3 credit and $19 amazon instant video[/QUOTE]

Careful, if you have a promotional credit good for anything on Amazon (such as the $15 from LA Noire) it counts that in each of those categories which is misleading.

If you have that $15 credit, it will show

mp3 credit: $15
Instant video: $15
Video games: $15

But once you use the $15 on anything it will be gone from all three categories. I hope that makes sense.

i noticed when i put anything in my cart theres a -$15 promotion , even if its not a video game item. Is it the game credit thats doing that or could it be the mp3 credit i have?lol

[quote name='THHG']Careful, if you have a promotional credit good for anything on Amazon (such as the $15 from LA Noire) it counts that in each of those categories which is misleading.

If you have that $15 credit, it will show

mp3 credit: $15
Instant video: $15
Video games: $15

But once you use the $15 on anything it will be gone from all three categories. I hope that makes sense.[/QUOTE]

That explains it!

Thanks brotha

bread's done
Back