LA Noire: The Complete Edition Coming to PS3 and 360 November 15th for $49.99

JP73

CAGiversary!
:applause:

The Complete Edition will include all the DLC: the Nicholson Electroplating Arson case, Reefer Madness Vice case, The Consul’s Car Traffic case, The Naked City Vice case , A Slip of the Tongue Traffic case, The Badge Pursuit Challenge and all guns and suits( DLC ones, you still have to unlock many)

Great news. This was one of my favorite games of the last few years. I'm Glad I held off on getting the DLC. I suppose no GOTY Edition, but this is the same thing. Totally worth, in my opinion.

NOTE: PC Version will come out a week before the console versions

For those who are complaining about being ripped off, this is only $20 less than MSRP at launch. And if I remember correctly, Amazon ended up giving a total of $20 promotional credit anyway.

Judge the game for what it delivers and stop worrying about what was "cut" or whether a new version is released. It's clear that a game like MvC3 was far too barebones and can be criticized as such, but I felt there was more than enough content in LA Noire. I really liked the game but two extra desks would have burned me out.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Coltin']This is starting to get really old. This and Marvel Vs Capcom are both comIng out in the same year as their original games. It's almost like they're giving the finger to everyone who supported them early, like me for LA Noire. I spent $60 and was happy to do it, but now I'm just mad.[/QUOTE]

Charizard is not happy

[quote name='Raiborg']Because then rockstar only puts in one finger instead of the the whole arm.[/QUOTE]

Nice! :lol:

[quote name='ZincAlloy']Watched my gf play this and thought it was boring as all hell. I'd wait till this drops to 20-30 if you're undecided.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='CaseX']I've played this game. Your impressions are right on. Overrated, imo.[/QUOTE]

>Game obviously wasn't what I was expected nor had a chance of interesting me with it's unique gameplay design, it's obviously shit derpderp

This is what you two sound like. As for that one guy complaining about rereleases in the same year, you lost that right when you bought the game on release instead of waiting like a true CAG. As I don't like wasting my time or money paying out the ass for DLC that myseriously pops up soon after release, not to mention an evergrowing backlog, I wait for GoTY editions that include any & all DLC at a discounted price. Don't mind if I'm a year or two behind everyone else, all my friends only play CoDden 2Kxx & I'm used to online spoilers.

[quote name='giantqtipz']My man^

Waiting for $20 as well. And buy it along with RDR:GOTY[/QUOTE]

I'm waiting for both of these to hit $20 too but I'd settle for $30 (maybe black on friday)

Not sure why so many people are getting up in arms about this. While the PS3 version MIGHT have everything on one blu-ray disc, this will most likely just be the vanilla game with DLC code vouchers the same as Uncharted 2: GOTY on PS3 and Resident Evil 5 Gold edition on the 360. Probably even more so for 360 since don't developers have to pay an additional fee or something per extra disc? It is already 3 I think for LA Noire on 360 as it is. Between LA Noire having been on sale several times and the discounts the Rockstar pass had at launch, there is no reason for current owners to get upset. Though it does suck if the Consul's Car is only available for 360 users in this collection and not as DLC later on.

[quote name='Coltin']This is starting to get really old. This and Marvel Vs Capcom are both comIng out in the same year as their original games. It's almost like they're giving the finger to everyone who supported them early, like me for LA Noire. I spent $60 and was happy to do it, but now I'm just mad.[/QUOTE]

Thing is you can get all the DLC for $10 and have paid $70 total for your experience and play it 6 months ago.

With MvC 3 you HAVE to buy a new $40 disc to get all the changes in the actual game that should have been included from the start (not talking characters but stuff like spectator mode that's standard in EVERY other fighting game) after buying a disc for either $60 or $70.

There's also been plenty of people on CAG complaining there wasn't a GotY version of Red Dead Redemption until 17 months after its initial release.

If it's a code, then I'll just get a Rockstar Pass. I just assumed it was all on the disc. Does the Rockstar Pass come with Everything?

[quote name='JP73']If it's a code, then I'll just get a Rockstar Pass. I just assumed it was all on the disc. Does the Rockstar Pass come with Everything?[/QUOTE]

It comes with everything BUT the Consul's Car case (on the 360), the big question is whether or not they'll do what they did with RDR and have the GotY edition for the 360 be the only way to have access to the PS3-exclusive content for it. I reallyyyyyyy don't want to have to buy this for that one case, I was lucky and got in the K-mart deal ($20 Gaming Coupon + $20 game of your choice) and when all was said and done, I got 4 $20+ games for $60. So, LA Noire for $15 + $10 (for Rockstar pass) = $25 and I was happy to pay that much for all the goodies, even when they would have a sale on the pass for cheaper than its pre-release price. -_-

[quote name='Ryuukishi']The burglary and fraud desks were written during the planning stages of the game's development, but never actually implemented. They weren't "cut" and they're not sitting out there waiting to be released as DLC. I think it's much more likely that they were dropped for story and pacing reasons-- the game is already very episodic and draggy in places, the last thing they needed to do was draw it out even longer.[/QUOTE]
THIS. they could have EASILY released as dlc if space was the only problem, lol.

haters always lie to make 360 look bad. plus, i guarantee this will not be more than 3 discs on the 360. the others were 19.1gb or so, and now they can put 7.5gb per disc, so all the dlc (being around 1.5gb) will fit.

[quote name='GeorgeCostanza']Just my two cents, but this game is incredible. In fact I would have to put it in my top 5 of all time. I could see it not being for some, due to not shooting people all the time, but there is action and plenty of detective work to do. I have purchased all the DLC and have every achievement in the game.[/QUOTE]
THIS (too)! only full game i've taken the time to get 1400/1400 on achievement score. great game. this new edition is crap, as buying everything seperately is WAY cheaper!

[quote name='msdmoney']Thanks OP, looks like I will be picking up the complete collection once it hits $20 or so, just like the Read Dead Collection.

Why are you mad? You said you were happy to spend $60, what about this makes you mad now? Things always drop in price as demand drops off, or better packages are offered to try and gain more buyers. You paid $60 for the opportunity to play the game at release, there is no reason to be mad now.

Can't you buy the Rockstar pass everyone is mentioning?[/QUOTE]

I'm upset (shouldn't have used mad earlier) because the game came out just five months ago. I'm fine with paying $60 for a game on release day, but what's the point if everyone who doesn't gets more content at a cheaper price without having to wait very long? I understand that prices get cheaper, but a price drop with additional content so early after the game is released screws over people who wanted to support the game when it was first released.

I am currently playing this game (I believe I am about half way) and I must say, I haven't really enjoyed it much yet. Even this isn't really a good deal. I would wait for this to be

[quote name='Ryuukishi']I'm really surprised that they're actually calling this the "Complete" Edition instead of something more generic like "Ultimate" or whatever. Seems like it plays right into the perception that the initial release was a ripoff.
[/QUOTE]

I'd love for a developer to say "Incomplete Edition!" on day one just to rub it in. "Now with 80% game, $59.99!"

[quote name='Coltin']I'm upset (shouldn't have used mad earlier) because the game came out just five months ago. I'm fine with paying $60 for a game on release day, but what's the point if everyone who doesn't gets more content at a cheaper price without having to wait very long? I understand that prices get cheaper, but a price drop with additional content so early after the game is released screws over people who wanted to support the game when it was first released.[/QUOTE]

Like you said, games get cheaper over time. The only surprise is that Rockstar is taking the time to put (what would normally be at this point) a $40 game and a $10 DLC code in a $50 MSRP box. This package is nothing that couldn't be had for the same total cost months ago for anyone who kept a close eye on the available deals.

[quote name='Coltin']I'm upset (shouldn't have used mad earlier) because the game came out just five months ago. I'm fine with paying $60 for a game on release day, but what's the point if everyone who doesn't gets more content at a cheaper price without having to wait very long? I understand that prices get cheaper, but a price drop with additional content so early after the game is released screws over people who wanted to support the game when it was first released.[/QUOTE]

You and the retailer agreed on a price when you bought it, and you enjoyed having it earlier than most other people. Just because the publisher decided to drop the price and add more content to entice more buyers doesn't mean you got screwed. I will still wait for the game to get even cheaper, but I always run the risk that a game might go OOP and get hard to find with that strategy. If that happens I'm not getting screwed, I just made that choice. That isn't going to happen with this game, but it happened with Star Wars: The Force Unleashed Ultimate Sith Edition.

[quote name='Jurassic425']Thanks for posting OP, even though I already knew about it. Be warned that there are people who will come in here and say "this isn't a deal!", posting a game at MSRP! Really this is good to know though, because those considering buying LA Noire should keep in mind that this will be coming out.[/QUOTE]

This.

Thanks OP. It pays to wait. I'll probably keep waiting until this version is like $20, but I'll play this game eventually.

[quote name='Invicta 61']I was about to buy the vanilla version at Family Video for $20. If the DLC is on disc I'll definitley be waiting for this to drop.[/QUOTE]

I saw this official reply on the R* news comments:

R* YYesterday at 7:25pm
Thanks all, can't answer all questions but we are glad you're excited for the Complete Edition, all DLC will be included on the disc, and the PC version releases a week prior to 360/PS3, stay tuned

@ErnestoRock Ha, enjoy

[quote name='FerDK']I saw this official reply on the R* news comments:

Thanks all, can't answer all questions but we are glad you're excited for the Complete Edition, all DLC will be included on the disc, and the PC version releases a week prior to 360/PS3, stay tuned

@ErnestoRock Ha, enjoy[/QUOTE]

Thanks!

This means I will probably be picking this up next March/April when it starts dropping in price.

[quote name='JP73']:applause:

The Complete Edition will include all the DLC: the Nicholson Electroplating Arson case, Reefer Madness Vice case, The Consul’s Car Traffic case, The Naked City Vice case , A Slip of the Tongue Traffic case, The Badge Pursuit Challenge and all guns and suits( DLC ones, you still have to unlock many)

Great news. This was one of my favorite games of the last few years. I'm Glad I held off on getting the DLC. I suppose no GOTY Edition, but this is the same thing. Totally worth, in my opinion.

NOTE: PC Version will come out a week before the console versions[/QUOTE]

I was hoping that they'd include the former-PS3 exclusive case.

[quote name='ck76']I'd love for a developer to say "Incomplete Edition!" on day one just to rub it in. "Now with 80% game, $59.99!"[/QUOTE]

QFT - it's more like 60% of a game now-a-days

Does anyone know if you can just get the DLC from the disc (like the Fallout 3 add-ons)??

What's supposed to be the deal here? An over hyped game at MSRP is all I see. You can buy this game for about $20 used and I wouldn't be surprised to see $15 within a month.

i wish people understood this when i was griping about my (after tax) $270 3DS purchase, then it's $170 + tax 4.5 months later :evil:.

shows how much they appreciate the downsincedayone gamers, unfortunately!

[quote name='FerDK']I saw this official reply on the R* news comments:

@ErnestoRock Ha, enjoy
[/QUOTE]
Surprising. I guess the :360: release will be 4 discs then.

[quote name='twztid13']i wish people understood this when i was griping about my (after tax) $270 3DS purchase, then it's $170 + tax 4.5 months later :evil:.[/QUOTE]

Nintendo appreciated early 3DS adopters well enough to give them 20 free games, though. Sure, that's not the same as an additional $100 in your pocket, but hey, at least it's something. I wish that practice was the norm. Plus you can tell people that you're an "ambassador" now! :)

One of the many reasons I think the Game industry is just hurting itself with these delayed roll out of a total package, and why I continue to put off purchasing titles far further in the future. It's like if you bought a car and they first sold you the outer package and then later down the line decided you need features like seat belts or lights.

And in all honestly, I remember how I was constantly derided on this board for my comments on the fact that Capcom was going to re-release Marvel. A lot of people were quite adamant over the fact that Capcom "promised" not to release a complete copy and would only do DLC :roll::roll::roll::roll::roll::roll:

[quote name='anotherpoorgamer']So wait? There hasn't been any word yet on a disc version of the DLC by itself. Like Episodes of Liberty City and Undead Nightmare?

I have LA Noire in my backlog from the Kmart deal when it was first released.
I would prefer buying the DLC separately rather than buying the collection, unless I can just pass the DLC disc along to my brother.

I mean, I could give him the main game and we could just share the DLC disc or install it like how Borderlands and Fallout 3 worked.[/QUOTE]

A disc only DLC could have made sense, I guess. I did end up buying undead nightmare, but only because it was truly ridiculously cheap. What was the DLC that you could only play by buying the RDR Complete copy?

I don't like buying DLC because eventually it's going to be gone. The server could get taken down or your code could expire or you redeemed it too many times or whatever. You also can't trade/resell DLC. Ever tried selling a vanilla copy of a game once the GOTY version came out? It's like trying to resell a sports title.

I doubt I'll buy many/any new titles on day one ever again. I'm not hurting, my backlog is epic. The only two games I might bother purchasing anytime soon are this LA Noire and definitely Fallout NV Ultimate Edition or whatever they're calling it.

Picked up L.A. Noire for $6.50 the other day, with "The Consul's Car" DLC. Barely started playing it, but so far it seems different enough to enjoy. Sure wouldn't spend more than 20 for it, even for the "complete" version.

[quote name='MIX_MASTER_ICE']Picked up L.A. Noire for $6.50 the other day, with "The Consul's Car" DLC. Barely started playing it, but so far it seems different enough to enjoy. Sure wouldn't spend more than 20 for it, even for the "complete" version.[/QUOTE]

I agree! I was one of the suckers that paid full price for it. I traded it back in while it still had great value and purchased it again recently for $14.99

I knew there was a reason why i stopped buying new full priced games and i plan on sticking to that in the future.

[quote name='sgr76']I agree! I was one of the suckers that paid full price for it. I traded it back in while it still had great value and purchased it again recently for $14.99

I knew there was a reason why i stopped buying new full priced games and i plan on sticking to that in the future.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, it's kinda crazy now days to pay 60 bones for a new game, especially if it doesn't have great multi-player. Game prices drop much quicker than they did a few years back.

I'm trading in my ps3 copy to amazon for $15. I only bought it on ps3 because of exclusive content, I never even finished it. I'll rebuy on 360 down the road when it's around $30. Yes this sounds like a weird thing to do but I'm weird like that!

Vanilla version has been $20 the last week at target. Still a couple hours left tonight before they close and new ad starts tomorrow if you want to go get it.

[quote name='Glasscocked']Vanilla version has been $20 the last week at target. Still a couple hours left tonight before they close and new ad starts tomorrow if you want to go get it.[/QUOTE]

It's good till the 19th

Just a heads up to anyone looking to buy LA Noire it was a huge disappointment game is very repetetive and boring and story is pretty meh. Sucks because I was so excited for it.

[quote name='Dark Lord Greg']Just a heads up to anyone looking to buy LA Noire it was a huge disappointment game is very repetetive and boring and story is pretty meh. Sucks because I was so excited for it.[/QUOTE]

I disagree. I think La Noire is one of the best single player games this year. I never really like GTA or RDR but you have to admit that Rockstar really nailed this one down.

[quote name='JP73']It's good till the 19th[/QUOTE]

I was in Target today and decided to pick up the vanilla version. Hell with the DLC at $10 this is a far better deal than the "complete edition".

Also agreeing with another cag who posted about the ridiculousness of the name, to have the balls to call it a complete edition is screwing original buyers right in the ear.

Let's say I buy the Rockstar pass, snag all the DLC and buy the vanilla version.

The only difference between what I did and buying the Complete Edition is that the Complete Edition has all the ROckstar pass shit on the disc, right? Can someone confirm this? Or is there even more extra stuff in the Complete Edition?

Yeah, that's right. The only advantage is that the DLC is on the disc. There is no extra stuff on The Complete Edition that isn't there with the Rockstar Pass. I prefer to have the DLC on the disc and got the game for 29.99, which is about what the DLC and vanilla edition will cost you.

Right now you can get the vanilla version at Bestbuy for $9.99 with the gamer mag coupon. With the DLC for $10, that makes it $19.99 for a complete edition.

[quote name='JP73']There is no extra stuff on The Complete Edition that isn't there with the Rockstar Pass.[/QUOTE]Yes there is. You don't get the Consul's Car Traffic Case. That's only available for the 360 by buying the GotY version.

bread's done
Back