Lars Ulrich sort of confirms Guitar Hero Metallica

Nephlabobo

CAGiversary!
From blabbermouth.net

Even though "Guitar Hero" publisher Activision announced the "Guitar Hero: Metallica" game in a financial filing a couple of months ago, METALLICA drummer Lars Ulrich was a bit secretive about it when one of the MTV News reporters asked him about it recently.

"Let's put it this way," he told MTV News. "[Our next album] 'Death Magnetic' comes out in September, and the day it comes out, it will be available in the 'Guitar Hero 3' format, which we're obviously super-psyched about. As I've born witness to in my house, it's all about the next generation. My kids play 'Guitar Hero' every day, and to be able to get the METALLICA record the day it comes out, that's super cool.

"There's an AEROSMITH game out there that's super successful, and if somebody's gonna follow that up…we're talking, and it's exciting, and the people at 'Guitar Hero' and Activision are rapidly becoming our best new friends in the world. You can put the rest of it together yourself."

The new album is called Death Magnetic? That sounds... dumb.

(Note: I don't listen to Metallica, and really don't understand their appeal, although I understand that they are crazy popular and acknowledge their skill as musicians)

If they released a Guitar Hero game called "Metallica: 1981 to 1991 - Decade of Awesome!" then I would buy it in a heartbeat. Anything however that contains an entire album of their new garbage will not be purchased.

P.S. Sort of related: Best drum song on Rock Band is "...And Justice For All". I play it everyday as an aerobic workout.

I can tell this will be a game only for super hardcore vets of guitar hero. There's no way you can have metallica songs in tiers...all of them will be pretty much the same difficulty.

It's been confirmed, it's been on their site for 2 months, Activion CEE (or president or something) let it slip a while ago, then he was on stage & confirmed it at E3.

How much more confirmation do we need? :lol:

excited and apprehensive at the same time.

Yay to '81-'91, Nay to new crap.

But I'll buy any GH game with Creeping Death, I don't care what else is on it.

bread's done
Back