Last day for Microsoft 360 harddrive upgrade program- HELP!

President_Evil

CAG Veteran
Hey fellow CAG's,

Just joined the current console generation and bought an arcade off Dell.com last week for $160. Had heard about the $30 harddrive upgrade on xbox.com, but for some reason when I put in my serial and ID and slap the enter key, nothing happens. The page literally reloads, no "you're eligible for an upgrade/according to our records you own a console which has enough memory, etc."

The deal:
http://www.xbox.com/en-US/support/hardware/memoryupdate/default.htm

Has anyone else had any luck with this deal? My 360 is the Jasper revision w/ the 256 mb internal storage, but I've heard others are still getting the deal w/ the new Jasper's.... Really need this upgrade as I'm on a tight budget... I just want to play Megaman 9 ;_; lol

its sneaky, it asks you to give them a code off the system screen but its a little diffrent than the serial on your console. You should e eligible. I just got my hard drive today. Use the serial off the back of the xbox

and yes....

this is an awesome deal.

in for 50. Thanks OP!

It worked for me with an arcade jasper with the 256 built in memory...MS shipped it out 1 day after I submitted the info and I got the hard drive on Friday.

[quote name='President_Evil']Hey fellow CAG's,

Just joined the current console generation and bought an arcade off Dell.com last week for $160. Had heard about the $30 harddrive upgrade on xbox.com, but for some reason when I put in my serial and ID and slap the enter key, nothing happens. The page literally reloads, no "you're eligible for an upgrade/according to our records you own a console which has enough memory, etc."

The deal:
http://www.xbox.com/en-US/support/hardware/memoryupdate/default.htm

Has anyone else had any luck with this deal? My 360 is the Jasper revision w/ the 256 mb internal storage, but I've heard others are still getting the deal w/ the new Jasper's.... Really need this upgrade as I'm on a tight budget... I just want to play Megaman 9 ;_; lol[/quote]
I'm having the same issue. I grab my Serial # and Console ID off of the System settings, but when I put them into the hard drive upgrade site, nothing happens. It's like it just refreshes and empties the boxes. I've tried with IE and Firefox and on different computers.

I've checked the serial # with that on the back of the box, but they're both the same, nothing different. Were you able to figure out the situation? Or anyone with any other suggestions?

I only get the option of buying the 20GB hard drive + 3 month Gold subscription for $30.

I can't just by the hard drive itself ... anybody else like this?

FWIW I just tried to enter my info which is eligible and the screen just resets itself so the site might be having issues.

[quote name='chuckywang']I only get the option of buying the 20GB hard drive + 3 month Gold subscription for $30.

I can't just by the hard drive itself ... anybody else like this?[/quote]

That's the only option for Arcade owners through that promotion. You can't get just the HD. Core owners have the option of a free MU or just an HD for $20.

Be glad you're getting the HD for 1/5 of it's original cost and 1/2 off a 3 month Live card.

Hi there all
I just placed an order for an Arcade to replace my old Wii, and I would not get it on time to qualify for the 20GB hard drive promo (ends tomorrow). Would any of you be kind enough to spare me your console Serial Number and Console Id in a PM so i can get it too? It would be hugely appreciated!!!
"
How do I locate my Console Serial Number and Console ID
Each Xbox 360 console has a unique, 12-digit serial number and a separate 12-digit Console ID . The Console Serial Number and Console ID are both located in the System Information area of the Xbox 360 Dashboard:

1. Turn on your Xbox 360 Console
  2. Scroll right to the System area. This may also be System Settings depending on your version of the dash
  3. Select Console Settings
  4. Select System Info
  5. Write down your Console Serial Number and Console ID

[quote name='liverbul']Hi there all
I just placed an order for an Arcade to replace my old Wii, and I would not get it on time to qualify for the 20GB hard drive promo (ends tomorrow). Would any of you be kind enough to spare me your console Serial Number and Console Id in a PM so i can get it too? It would be hugely appreciated!!!
"
How do I locate my Console Serial Number and Console ID
Each Xbox 360 console has a unique, 12-digit serial number and a separate 12-digit Console ID . The Console Serial Number and Console ID are both located in the System Information area of the Xbox 360 Dashboard:

1. Turn on your Xbox 360 Console
  2. Scroll right to the System area. This may also be System Settings depending on your version of the dash
  3. Select Console Settings
  4. Select System Info
  5. Write down your Console Serial Number and Console ID
[/quote]

I'm sure if you call 1-800-4-MY-XBOX & explain the situation, they would make an exception.

I just got an Arcade from Dell for my youngest son Thursday. Having the same problem.

I've talked to MS Xbox support, and they have said that the site is undergoing maintenance, and the hard drive buy isn't working right now. Great timing, the weekend before it expires Monday. Makes me wonder if they haven't really sold out, or met the quota for how many they planned to sell (MS has been well outside my "circle of trust" for a long time now)...

The CSR I spoke with said that she had talked to their operations dept., and if they didn't restore the purchase function by tomorrow, that I could call back and give my support reference number, and they would sell me one. I won't be holding my breath about it...

Last edited by a moderator:
I had the same issue last night after I entered the console info and serial number the page just reloads and nothing happens. What I did was after I did that I went back to www.xbox.com signed in with my Microsoft Live Id and than clicked on the X-Box 360 header on the top. Once that page loads you will see a story about the Hard Drive upgrade option once I clicked on that I saw that I was eligble for the offer.

[quote name='ajh2298']I had the same issue last night after I entered the console info and serial number the page just reloads and nothing happens. What I did was after I did that I went back to www.xbox.com signed in with my Microsoft Live Id and than clicked on the X-Box 360 header on the top. Once that page loads you will see a story about the Hard Drive upgrade option once I clicked on that I saw that I was eligble for the offer.[/QUOTE]

Just tried it, no dice. Maybe you happened to catch it while the feature was working.

Same problem as others, enter my Arcade serial and ID and the sight just refreshes itself. Total BS. What number can we call to speak with someone?

[quote name='Dem-Mue']Same problem as others, enter my Arcade serial and ID and the sight just refreshes itself. Total BS. What number can we call to speak with someone?[/QUOTE]

1-800-4MY-XBOX

Tried it with every browser i had access to and no go. Called in and got a reference number, they offered me further information so I let them know the deal ends tomorrow. They told me to call back later with my reference number and that they are working on the site, and it should be fixed later. If I hear anything later I will pass it on.

[quote name='sacpodpeople']Tried it with every browser i had access to and no go. Called in and got a reference number, they offered me further information so I let them know the deal ends tomorrow. They told me to call back later with my reference number and that they are working on the site, and it should be fixed later. If I hear anything later I will pass it on.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, that's what they told me yesterday. I've been trying since yesterday morning. Hopefully they'll get it back up.

Bad news, fellas. I just tried three times to call customer service and get the hard drive, but they rejected me, because I have a Jasper. I wish I hadn't already downloaded that stupid NXE... The web page was working two days ago!!

Frigging MS. This is a great first impression.

I feel the urge to rebel against authority and mod my 360...

Ok here is what I have gotten so far, after being told that it is a system update and also being hung up on by a customer service rep I finally went through 3 departments and was told that they could not do anything. That the promotion was being handled by a third-party for Microsoft, Harte-Hanks. They told me to email them explaining the situation and was assured by the rep that they would take care of me, I doubt they have any control over that.

I emailed Harte-Hanks at [email protected]

That was a few hours ago and still no response back.

Thank you for the harte-hanks info. That's way more than I was able to achieve thru my calls & emails in the last three days. My experiences with support ran the gamut from from completely clueless ("Oh, you need to have a hard drive first") to conflicting information ("We've run out of drives", "They're working on it and it will be up in the next 5 hrs."). I'll send a email to harte-hanks as well although I've pretty much given up on this by now.

UPDATE:
I never got an answer to my email, but maybe someone listened to us 'cause the authentication page seems to be working again!!!

For $#!+ and giggles, I just tried one last time @11:20pm EST.
I was pleasantly surprised that it finally accepted my console info and I was able to complete my order.

BTW, I also notice that all mention of the Jan. 26th deadline notice seems to been removed. Maybe that means this offer has been extended indefinitely? That would be a nice gesture by MSFT/Harte-Hanks since many folks will miss out due to this being broken for at least the last three(?) days.

Last edited by a moderator:
Just gotan email from Harte-Hanks saying the website has been fixed. Just went to go check and like NoDAK says, it's all working now.

Thanks sacpodpeople for the email again.

bread's done
Back