Last-Gen Gaming?

PawnTakesKing

CAGiversary!
Feedback
3 (100%)
I saw another thread about this once, but I guess it was sent to the archives, because now I can't find it.

Anyway, I was wondering if anyone is still clinging onto their last-gen systems. My wife and I just bought a house, and now that I'm certain I won't have enough money to jump into the current generation of systems (360/PS3), I was thinking about picking up a PS2 on the cheap and playing some of the games I missed out on. I also may try to find a used GBA SP for my portable gaming fix. I'm sure there are plenty of cheap, used games I'd thoroughly enjoy on these two systems until I can afford to upgrade.

What do you guys think?

I still have the PS2 around for Guitar Hero I and II. Haven't played in a couple months though. Have been thinking of just selliing it off on Craig's List and putting the money toward GHIII for 360.

Still have 10 or so Gamecube games around as well, since the Wii can play them.

I play tons of last gen games: My PS2 still receives action, as do my GBA games. My GameCube has, unfortunately, been left on the wayside.

And don't even get me started on gens past: PSX, SNES, etc are still really fun to play.

I'm doing a "last gen" thing right now with Dreamcast, GameCube, PS2, and Xbox hooked up. I'm rotating through playing different games for each of the systems.

[quote name='Gentlegamer']I'm doing a "last gen" thing right now with Dreamcast, GameCube, PS2, and Xbox hooked up. I'm rotating through playing different games for each of the systems.[/QUOTE]

I'd like to do something like that, assuming I can find a Dreamcast. Maybe I'll get an old XBox and see if anyone's still playing Halo 2 on Live. Ha!

I still occasionally play my ps2 from time to time, it doesn't recieve a whole lot of play time though. and rarely do I play through an xbox 1 game much anymore, though I am fixing to start a playthrough of thief deadly shadows that I got for really cheap.

I do it, I think if I upgraded to a 360 or PS3 I would stop playing my older stuff, but since I only have and Xbox and Cube, I get enjoyment out of them.

Last gen games suck. I don't know why people bothered with persona or whatever it was called coz the graphics were pretty shitty.

I just started a file of FFVII the other day. I also still have my SNES hooked up to my TV. I have the current gen systems, so I use the BC features a lot. Less with the 360 since I don't have many Xbox games. I love last gen. It was the shit and still is.

Most of my "to play" stack is last-gen games, and the vast majority of them are PS2 titles. There are tons of great games for that system.

I've also been using the Wii as a glorified GameCube, since I never owned the latter system and had been wanting to play some of its games.

I still regularly play everything going back to the NES. I rigged up a series of system selectors, so I currently have hooked up:

NES
SNES
Genesis
Saturn
PS1
PS2
Xbox
Xbox 360
N64
GameCube
Wii
Dreamcast

I've played all of them within the past month, so it's not just for show, either. So, yeah, I still play last-gen. And last-last-gen. And... you get the idea.

In terms of the immediate last-gen, I'm glad we've finally reached the breaking point in terms of deals and clearing out stock. My Xbox and GC catalog has flourished over the past year, simply because stores don't want to carry them anymore. Now, if Sony would just cease PS2 support, we'd be perfect. :lol:

My PS2, (Japanese) Sega Saturn and Dreamcast still get lots of love.

I probably play those 3 more than I do my Xbox 360, Wii and PS3 combined.

I say if you can find a PS2 on the cheap, go for it. There are PLENTY of games out for it to keep you busy for a while.

I play PS2 games almost every day, and occasionally the Genesis and Dreamcast. Good stuff. PS2 has an insane amount of games worth playing, if I wanted, I could play just PS2 games for the next few years and be fine.

I love my old xbox.. has all my favorite games.. but alas the time has come for the new xbox 360 (which I just got this week, immediately purchased, Orange Box, lost planet, Gears of War, viva pinata (for the girlfriend) and Oblvion.. on XBL I purchased Catan, Super Puzzle Fighter, and Geometry wars. so far.. lost planet not that cool.. orange box is cool.. but I went through half life 2 on my old xbox..

i have yet to really try out the other games.. Catan is something I've wanted to play for a long long time (or at least the board game version for a long long time) so that was 10 bucks well spent...

as for last gen.. I own all of the "greatest arcade hits" discs for my PS2/xbox.. so I imagine I'll be keeping them plugged in for a while.. my eventual goal is to hook my xbox/PS2 into an arcade cabinent and play all the cool arcade games for the systems.. (like Tekken, bust a move, street fighter) I own sticks for both just need to have the space and the time to build it.

the last 2 gens of gaming was great for me.. although PS2 era's RPGs left a lot to be desired.. some of them just were plain mediocre.. I have yet to find an RPG on the PS2 that I just absolutely love.. (not even Kingdom Hearts did it for me) PS1 was a great system, and still warrents play from me today. older NES titles are getting a little thin .. as I was 1 year old when the NES was released some of those games were over my head to begin with.. I think only Zelda or Mario would be the only games I would play of that era. SNES on the other hand, I'll play anything that system has.

I've kinda rattled on for a while.. but I am surprised that 2 years into this 360 and there are really only 10 or less titles i actually want and I own probably half of them in 2 days..

I'm definitely an active "last-gen" gamer. 360 is the only current-gen system I have, but I keep my original XBOX around because there are plenty of games in my backlog that aren't BC. It's also nice to have around on the off chance that I wanna do system link for a BC title.

I plan to get a Wii eventually, but I still think I'll hold on to my GameCube after that. The GBA player on it will still come in handy. I'd barely get any money for a used 'Cube anyway... for that money, I'd rather just keep it around in case I wanna hook it up to an extra TV or something.

I actually kept a spare PS1 hooked up to a TV next to my bed throughout all of the last generation. It sure wasn't a necessity, and I barely ever used it, but I'd rather have done that than just sell it for ten bucks.

I'm still stuck on last gen as well. I'm working thru my PS1 collection right now. Just finished Chrono Cross awhile ago, and I'm well into FF VII right now. I'm working on "completing" my PS1 collection at the moment.

I also still play my Cube often, but I've almost got my collection complete for that system.

I don't see myself getting into next gen until latter this year.

Since January hasn't been the hotest month for current gen game releases i've been going back and hitting up some PS2 games I didn't play. Right now i'm working on Final Fantasy XII, Persona 3, MGS 3, and finishing up DMC 3.

I also have the Saturn hooked up and dabble with it about once a month. All my cartiridge systems are packed up for now until I get the itch for some retro gaming.

Well, the last month I've been playing almost exclusively this generation. But, for probably the last 6 months of last year, I was playing tons of games for the PS2 and Xbox (and occasional Cube games). There are so many great games on those systems (and so many are so cheap now) that your almost doing a disservice to yourself if you aren't playing them occasionally.

bread's done
Back