Last issue of Nintendo Power - Cover revealed (On newsstands 12/11)

This is still such a sad thing to see. I grew up on Nintendo Power :(

If there's a bright side to all of this, at least the final cover pays homage to the original

Couldnt find it anywhere locally. Easier to pay the $1.50 shipping than drive 20 miles to the next closest store that probably wont have it either.

I couldn't find this anywhere in my town, but my wife works about 40 miles away so I asked her to look for one for me. She found it and bought me two copies so I could keep a sealed one, because she is awesome. I have about the first 100 issues, and now the last issue which makes me feel compelled to try and collect the rest of them.

My son got his copy yesterday. I thought they were going to pass subscriptions on to some other video game magazine, but they are instead going to refund for the remaining amount.

He's sad this magazine is going away, but loves the issue.

Decided to try and get one today while getting grocery at Walmart, last copy hidden behind the 2nd to last issue of PtoM (which dies next month, sadly) started to read it today and they did go all out, there were some good letters, some brought back some memories of what they mentioned, then I skipped over the 285 best games for now and to the retrospective by year, and looking at the pictures I was like yep know that and that, that too.

Plus I can always look at the hard copies I still own too (I own most of the first 50 issues, the ones I don't including the Super C issue I'm in, I have digital versions of) gave away most of my magazines this summer in a massive purge, all of my Nintendo Powers went to my oldest nephew who used to collect them too. Seemed like the best fit.

Looking forward to reading the rest of the issue, if its as good as the first 20 or so pages have been. ;)

Almost done reading through it and so far the best piece is the Nester comic at the end very touching and poignant, got a little misty reading it, thought it was a good way to cap off the magazine. Would have to say pretty quality all around for a last issue.

Glad I picked it up as I was a bit apathetic toward the announcement originally and was like good riddance, but I'll admit that was a bit misguided even though in recent years (before Future took over anyway) the magazine was a shell of its former self, IMO. And if I didn't get a free strategy guide (or a game as twice the case was) every time I re-subscribed I would have never bothered to keep doing so.

And good to know I (like Cliffy B, him for SMB, me for Shadowgate along with a friend) were part of it and were mentioned briefly so during its run. Cheers and RIP NP, you will be missed. :applause:

[quote name='Strell']I can't find this anywhere at all.[/QUOTE]

I couldnt find it either. Ended up paying the $1.50 extra and buying in online.

[quote name='my2k2zx2']I couldnt find it either. Ended up paying the $1.50 extra and buying in online.[/QUOTE]

From FP's site? It's been sold out every time I've checked.

[quote name='Strell']From FP's site? It's been sold out every time I've checked.[/QUOTE]

Yes, from the FP site. I placed the order on the 11th. Guess they should have printed more copies.

I ordered from the FP site on the 12th, and haven't received anything outside of a order confirmation and there was a pending charge in my card for two days that's now gone. I don't even know how to check the order status... did anyone get a shipping notice?

I checked Barnes & Noble on the morning of the 11th and they told me they got 8 in and sold out. I searched 3 grocery stores and two WalGreens as well but they didn't even have any gaming mags.

[quote name='Vinny']I ordered from the FP site on the 12th, and haven't received anything outside of a order confirmation and there was a pending charge in my card for two days that's now gone. I don't even know how to check the order status... did anyone get a shipping notice?

I checked Barnes & Noble on the morning of the 11th and they told me they got 8 in and sold out. I searched 3 grocery stores and two WalGreens as well but they didn't even have any gaming mags.[/QUOTE]

I have no update on my Dec 11th order, just the confirmation email.

I also can't find one of these either, really wanted to get one just to have it since I like collecting things like this :/

[quote name='Strell']I can't find this anywhere at all.[/QUOTE]

Yeah I'd be more than happy to help, but as I said the only Walmart I go to had ONE copy left, and that was hidden behind a copy of Playstation Magazine, only reason I saw it was the polybag, if I get to the store in the next week or so I'll drop in and see if they got anymore or if electronics or maybe around the registers they got any hiding.

Shame that the people who want one can't get one, it really is a pretty good read outside of collection purposes.

I was hoping to secure two newstand copies for myself - one to read, another to keep sealed. Then I wanted to get two more beyond that to give to friends as part of their Christmas gift.

I'll check more places and probably just buy some off eBay at this point.

Wanted to get 2 copies, 1 to keep sealed, 1 to open and read. Local grocery store had 1 copy. Went to 3 other grocery stores, Target, and 2 Wal-Marts. No luck.

Are these rare? I've been seeing them at Walmart and other grocery stores but haven't picked one up yet. I live out in the sticks where not many people care about video games, especially not video game magazines.

Shit I might have to run out and make sure to find any.

If I do Strell I will definitely try to hook you up. As part of the deal, maybe with your avid Nintendo love you can convince them to pull their heads out of their asses when it comes to the region locking of the Wii U and the online stores.

Absolutely no luck.. zilch

The closest I got was seeing november issues at an FYE. Been to various bookstores,walmarts and nothing.

I'm in Tulsa. I will check Barnes & Noble tomorrow. Perhaps Best Buy and Wal-Mart too. I doubt they are sold out.

About a week ago, I found some in the local grocery store, they had about 4 or so. I picked one up and had it in my cart, and in some kind of shuffle, I must have set it on a shelf elsewhere in the store and forgot about it. Was very upset when I came home to discover this memory lapse. I don't know what happened. I came back to that store the next day and the remaining magazines were gone. Haven't been able to find it at any other stores since. :booty:

Fudge forgot to stop by B&N. I'll go back before they close. I want a copy myself.

Best Buy is across the street and Wal-Mart is down the road not far. How many copies should I pick up if I find some and how much are you guys paying? Small profit, consider I'm paying for gas too.

[quote name='my2k2zx2']Wonder how long FP takes to ship? Ordered one on the 11th and haven't received any update since.[/QUOTE]

To be honest, I don't think we'll get them. I'm guessing they left the order window open for way too long.

I'm guessing there were plenty of flippers who ordered 100+ copies to resell.

[quote name='Vinny']To be honest, I don't think we'll get them. I'm guessing they left the order window open for way too long.

I'm guessing there were plenty of flippers who ordered 100+ copies to resell.[/QUOTE]

Well that sucks. When did you order?

If anyone has one they have or could get, PM me.

[quote name='my2k2zx2']

If anyone has one they have or could get, PM me.[/QUOTE]

I'd like to second this request.

[quote name='Vinny']To be honest, I don't think we'll get them. I'm guessing they left the order window open for way too long.

I'm guessing there were plenty of flippers who ordered 100+ copies to resell.[/QUOTE]

FYI, I just got a letter from Future today stating that my order had been canceled because of an out of print order. Bummer, I had ordered 2 from the website on the 13th. :(

[quote name='lifesun2001']FYI, I just got a letter from Future today stating that my order had been canceled because of an out of print order. Bummer, I had ordered 2 from the website on the 13th. :([/QUOTE]

Came here for the same reason. They take forever to let you know they can't fulfill your order and now we have to run around and try to find a copy in the wild. fucking dumbasses...

BTW, do you remember when you ordered? I ordered late on the 12th. Maybe we can figure out a cut off if other people get their cancellation emails...

I ordered on the 11th and have not seen a cancelation email yet.

Would like to buy one off of someone that has an extra just in case it never arrives.

Ordered one subscriber copy on the 10th before I posted it here. Still no cancellation email, and my CC was charged on the 14th. Even put a note on my mailbox for the mail carrier not to bend anything, but haven't seen it yet.

[quote name='Vinny']Came here for the same reason. They take forever to let you know they can't fulfill your order and now we have to run around and try to find a copy in the wild. fucking dumbasses...

BTW, do you remember when you ordered? I ordered late on the 12th. Maybe we can figure out a cut off if other people get their cancellation emails...[/QUOTE]

I didn't place my order until the 13th.....

[quote name='my2k2zx2']If anyone has one they have or could get, PM me.[/QUOTE]

I know this issue seems to be turning into a collector's item of sorts, but if someone's able to snag a few extra and wants to sell one, I would gladly pay a little extra for your troubles.

Just got emailed that my Dec 11 order was canceled and will be issued a refund.

Heading to a bigger city this weekend, will make a couple stops and see if I can find one.

Last edited by a moderator:
I've now checked 4 stores back home in IL and 3 stores here in Phoenix, no luck. If these dipshits notified me earlier, I probably could have found a copy but I'm guessing they're long gone by now. No way I'm paying $30 on eBay...

[quote name='Vinny']I've now checked 4 stores back home in IL and 3 stores here in Phoenix, no luck. If these dipshits notified me earlier, I probably could have found a copy but I'm guessing they're long gone by now. No way I'm paying $30 on eBay...[/QUOTE]

Barnes and noble is where I found my copy, but I also bought it a few days after it came out.

A local Wal-Mart had 4 copies last time I checked. All 4 had minor dings. Let me know if any of you are ok with dings and I'll pick them up next time I am in the store. I can do cost plus shipping (including the cost of a bubble envelope which will be probably around $1.50-$2.00 alone).

bread's done
Back