last movie you saw??

Status
Not open for further replies.
What's eating gilbert grape, oceans 11, national treasure... not my usual viewing but i needed something to do besides play zelda on the plane to Japan... going home today so ill probably watch another couple of movies on the plane.

Saw Taxi, pretty much sucked. I thought Queen Latifa was decent (not her best role and it really didn't fit her) and Jimmie Fallon just stunk as always. Most of the dialogue was boring, uninspired dribble that you've probably heard in most buddy cop films. 98.5% of the time the jokes fell flat harder than a pancake falling from the top of the empire state building.

[quote name='hiccupleftovers']Saw Taxi, pretty much sucked. I thought Queen Latifa was decent (not her best role and it really didn't fit her) and Jimmie Fallon just stunk as always. Most of the dialogue was boring, uninspired dribble that you've probably heard in most buddy cop films. 98.5% of the time the jokes fell flat harder than a pancake falling from the top of the empire state building.[/QUOTE]

I never saw that version, but I have seen the original french version and both sequels. I can't imagine them being anything other than spectacular in comparison. :lol:

Lonesome Dove. All of it.

I didn't think anyone could top Val Kilmer as Doc Holliday for my favorite Western character, but Robert Duvall as Gus is sure in the running. Tommy Lee Jones wasn't half-bad either.

[quote name='javeryh']Theater: Spiderman 2 (still)
DVD: The Bourne Supremacy
TV: Van Helsing (still) *shudders*[/QUOTE]

Theater: Spiderman 2 (still)
DVD: The Bourne Supremacy (still)
TV: Envy *shudders*

I started to watch The Excorcist:Beginnings or whatever it's called but couldn't get passed the half-way mark. I still have it so I amy finish it but damn that movie was suckin it up.

Ghost in the Shell

I enjoyed it much more this time than the first time I watched it. Recommended, along with the sequel, if more for the visuals and atmosphere than the story (although I do enjoy some of the philosophy as well.)

In about 2 hours from now, House of Fury (2005). It's a HK flick produced by Jackie Chan and has Yuen Woo Ping choreographing.

The Cell

Not very good. The "real life" parts were just an eye rolling thriller, and while the "dream" sequences were more often than not pretty cool, they too struggled at the end. It's too bad really, I think if the story had been handled differently (either made to be good or made to just be small and rather unimportant, sort of like in 2001: A Space Odyssey), and with even more "dream" sequences (I found myself wishing that most of the movie took place in the mind, instead of in reality), it could have really been excellent. As it is, meh.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back