Last Remnant XBOX 360 dropped to $39.99...

I asked for it on BF when it was $29.99 on Amazon. I only had a list from Amazon so I hope someone got it for me at that price. I've heard both good and bad things about it so we'll see. Apparently, downloading it to the hd makes for a smoother experience.

ill do it for $20. im still waiting to see how a ps3 version fairs. i hope they can fix some on the engine issues up on ps3.

then again... it could always be worse...

[quote name='FloodsAreUponUS']It is a decent game worth 39.99.[/quote]

alot of the negative hype on it came from the slow frame rate.. which can be fixed by downloading it to the hdd

[quote name='punkmaggit']I swear, there's no real reason to buy anything new
for the 360
nowadays. ;)[/quote]

:roll:

[quote name='angelfly']I bought it for $60 and don't regret it.[/QUOTE]
Ban this guy, he's not one of us. There are people who bought it for $30 and regretted it a week later when it was $28 shipped.

[quote name='UberNinjaz']When it drops to the price of Big Mac meal at McDonalds AKA $5 - $6, then I might...rent it.[/quote]What? Congratulations, that made no sense. Rent it whenever, rental prices dont change depending on the msrp of a game.

All of you who posted idiot posts that have nothing to do with the game, thanks so much for spamming the thread and making me delete your usless posts.

[quote name='cleaver']Ban this guy, he's not one of us. There are people who bought it for $30 and regretted it a week later when it was $28 shipped.[/QUOTE]

hahah.
so true. a $2 difference gets some of us all worked up.

I probably should have bought it at $30, but it's yet another Japanese game with god-awful achievements. It just seems like the Japanese just don't quite understand the concept of achievements... I'll probably pick it up when/if it hits 20. In no real hurry though.

[quote name='mietha']I probably should have bought it at $30, but it's yet another Japanese game with god-awful achievements. It just seems like the Japanese just don't quite understand the concept of achievements... I'll probably pick it up when/if it hits 20. In no real hurry though.[/quote]

I hope you don't purchase games based upon achievements..

[quote name='mietha']I probably should have bought it at $30, but it's yet another Japanese game with god-awful achievements. It just seems like the Japanese just don't quite understand the concept of achievements... I'll probably pick it up when/if it hits 20. In no real hurry though.[/quote]

I don't understand achievements.

Wasn't it originally $40 at amazon before it was even released? The combat seems cool and I want to check it out. I enjoyed Infinite Undiscovery for $20 and this seems to be in the same boat as that given the unfavorable reviews. Will definitely rent unless they want to drop it to $20 asap.

This is more or less what's wrong with a lot of games and gamers today. I mean, achievements are cool and all, and I enjoy getting them, but to actually make that a sole reason for purchasing a game, or not purchasing it, is completely retarded.

This actually dipped down to $24.98 the other day on Overstock, making me wish I hadn't pre-bought at Amazon's $39.99. Now it's back up in price most places.

Haven't had time to play it yet (COD5 arrived from GameFly), but seeing as the price started low on this one and keeps going down, you should be able to get it for $25 easily.

[quote name='Kylearan']This actually dipped down to $24.98 the other day on Overstock, making me wish I hadn't pre-bought at Amazon's $39.99. Now it's back up in price most places.

Haven't had time to play it yet (COD5 arrived from GameFly), but seeing as the price started low on this one and keeps going down, you should be able to get it for $25 easily.[/quote]

my order came today that was a quick price drop

[quote name='mietha']I probably should have bought it at $30, but it's yet another Japanese game with god-awful achievements. It just seems like the Japanese just don't quite understand the concept of achievements... I'll probably pick it up when/if it hits 20. In no real hurry though.[/QUOTE]

They have higher standards for these things. It's not like American school achievements, where every kid can just slide through college 1000/1000.

im a big rpg fan and square enix fan and im not being biased when i say this, graphical issues aside, last remnant is a good rpg. awesome story and the gameplay isnt that bad. after installing the game to my HD on my 360, it didnt lag as much. id recommend it to all rpg fans

[quote name='VeeJster']im a big rpg fan and square enix fan and im not being biased when i say this, graphical issues aside, last remnant is a good rpg. awesome story and the gameplay isnt that bad. after installing the game to my HD on my 360, it didnt lag as much. id recommend it to all rpg fans[/quote]
Wow... "Isn't that bad"... "Didn't lag as much"... a ringing endorsement if ever there was one! :)

[quote name='VeeJster']im a big rpg fan and square enix fan and im not being biased when i say this, graphical issues aside, last remnant is a good rpg. awesome story and the gameplay isnt that bad. after installing the game to my HD on my 360, it didnt lag as much. id recommend it to all rpg fans[/quote]

I agree, but you're gonna hit walls with sony fanboys who think only good jrpgs come out on playstations and that the first game in any series should be flawless

EVERY single person I know who has played this game completely loves it, across the board of all different types of RPG fans. Most message boards I frequent have huge threads of almost overwhelming positive things to say about the game. In 20 years I'm not sure I've ever seen any game with such an enormous divide between user reviews and "official" reviews, it's practically night and day. I've only been able to play it for a little bit, but it seems pretty good.

The only main thing is that you NEED to install the game. Far and away the #1 thing the game got knocked on in reviews was technical problems, and installing the game almost completely eliminates the problems. You'll still get a lot stutter and framerate problems, but well within acceptable limits (it has less technical problems for me installed than Mass Effect installed does, and I'm playing that right now so that's not based off memory). If you can't install it though, the game seriously runs horrrrrrrribly, even the first cutscene is a freaking framerate slideshow. I honestly don't know if they knew that HDD installs would be available by the time this released, and they figured they could just push it out sooner without optimizing it since they knew they could kinda've get away with it, or what.

Yeah so you guys hate this game because of the frame rate issues which can be cured with a install or something else?

Being somewhat new to xbox 360, how do you install something to the hard drive? Is that an option on the game menu or something?

I was playing Mass Effect and didn't notice any stuttering or frame rate issues as an above poster stated. Did I somehow install this on my HD without knowing?

[quote name='schuerm26']Being somewhat new to xbox 360, how do you install something to the hard drive? Is that an option on the game menu or something?

I was playing Mass Effect and didn't notice any stuttering or frame rate issues as an above poster stated. Did I somehow install this on my HD without knowing?[/QUOTE]

If you have the new dashboard (NXE), then you just go to My Xbox and push either y or x to pull up the game menu. One of the options is install to hard drive.

If you're interested in this one, I'd wait to see if they fix the technical issues in the PC or PS3 releases. To be quite honest, this one has gotten a lot of negative press that it doesn't deserve. Look past the technical issues, which do not ruin the core of the experience, and this game is a lot of fun. Wasn't worth full MSRP, in my opinion, but if you're a fan of the genre, you might want to take a look.

Well its offical. I will be waiting on JRPGs from now on. It seems like they drop $10-20 dollars a month after they are released

Got this at Gamestop as part of a B2G1 this last weekend...looks like it is going back and getting swapped for something still full price. They should just be able to switch it out for something else, since I'm still within my 7 day return window, right?

Got this at Amazon for $40, don't regret it one bit. I recommend it if you are an RPG fan or just want a challenging game (something most 360 RPG's are sorely lacking). Having a hard time setting time aside from this game to play Persona 4

[quote name='buckythekat']I think at this rate I'll wait for the PS3 release and hope they have fixed the tech problems

seems like the 360 version was rushed[/QUOTE]

ue3 and ps3 don't mix well

Last Remnant is exclusive to the 360. I highly doubt it is gonna make the jump especially given the lackluster reviews. Regardless, I look forward to getting this from gamefly! Thank you cheap holiday trial!

You must be thinking of another game. It was originally announced for both the 360 and PS3, and they just gave the PC version a tentative spring release.

[quote name='handisnacks']This is more or less what's wrong with a lot of games and gamers today. I mean, achievements are cool and all, and I enjoy getting them, but to actually make that a sole reason for purchasing a game, or not purchasing it, is completely retarded.[/quote]

as far as i know i am not retarded but i do absolutely play/don't play games based upon achievements... i liked GRAW but the fact that I can never get 1000 in it drives me nuts, I bought Infinite Undiscovery @ $20 but haven't played it because 1. I still haven't beat Eternal Sonata 2. I don't have time to play and when I do i play Banjo/Gears 3. The achievements are difficult (it's ranked in the Tough 1000/1000 games)

Quite honestly, I ~like~ the fact that JRPGs have tough achievements--mainly games are far too easy to get all of the 'achievements.'

this game is decent. I played it for a few and then sold it off for 50 bucks the week it came out. I'd say its worth teh 20-25 dollar range. I'll rebuy it when it gets there.

This is now 39.99 at Toys R Us as well- Final Fantasy 4 DS is also on sale for 29.99, if you want to buy a good game.

How much space does it take up on the hard dirve? I only have the 20GB model, of which obviously only 13GB is available with NXE.

bread's done
Back