Last Story: $39.99 Newegg.

[quote name='apterous']Crap, someone needs to put "dead" in the title if they are resurrecting this thread, I saw this and was hopeful.[/QUOTE]
I was like really!? I just checked on this game. I want to play this but sadly I sold off my wii in anticipation of the Wii-U. Now I'm stuck waiting and hoping it was worth it...

Dear Josh,

Thank you for contacting Newegg.

I do apologize for the inconvenience this caused you. Upon checking on our website, we show that the item # 78-174-021 will be released on 08/14. Therefore, if you place the pre-order, there is a high chance that you will receive the pre-order on release date. However, we are not able to guarantee it. ETA is subject to change without notice. Please keep in mind that this is only an estimated date of arrival given to us by the manufacture. There may be delays due to inventory error or other reasons but we will not process, charge or ship your pre-order until the item on the pre-order is in stock. We appreciate your understanding.

I've had a couple of preorders not be delivered until 3-4 days after release date. Not sure why. Personally it doesn't matter to me, but know others will disagree.

Well after a little searching it would appear that no one is getting it today so it doesn't appear to be a Newegg thing. At least those of us who pre-ordered from Newegg aren't the only ones.

EDIT : Just talked with a couple people who pre-ordered from Amazon and they both said their "estimated arrival date" is the 16th with 1-Day shipping, again for whatever that's worth.

I just got off the phone with Newegg, supposedly they got their stock in today so it may take some time for the turn around.

[quote name='crpav']Hmmm, not sure what to think. I was sure I pre ordered this way back when this was originally posted but when I go check it does not show I have any pre ordered items or anything showing i placed an order for this.[/QUOTE]

Make sure you change the drop down box so it displays all your orders past 30 days. By default it only shows the past 30, and my order was just over that.

[quote name='Pheria']Make sure you change the drop down box so it displays all your orders past 30 days. By default it only shows the past 30, and my order was just over that.[/QUOTE]

Yup, that freak me out initially and thought my order got canceled.

[quote name='Solatso']Well after a little searching it would appear that no one is getting it today so it doesn't appear to be a Newegg thing. At least those of us who pre-ordered from Newegg aren't the only ones.

EDIT : Just talked with a couple people who pre-ordered from Amazon and they both said their "estimated arrival date" is the 16th with 1-Day shipping, again for whatever that's worth.[/QUOTE]

Hate to bump, but I just got off the phone with Gamestop, and they're showing the same thing of the 15th at the earliest.

Seems like someone messed up getting the street date info.

[quote name='Booj']Hate to bump, but I just got off the phone with Gamestop, and they're showing the same thing of the 15th at the earliest.

Seems like someone messed up getting the street date info.[/QUOTE]

This always happens with XSeed. For some reason they ship on the Tuesday street date and it takes a day or two for Amazon, GS, NewEgg, etc...to actually receive stock, get it checked in and start shipping. I usually get my XSeed games on Friday of release week with Prime Shipping on Amazon.

[quote name='Pheria']Make sure you change the drop down box so it displays all your orders past 30 days. By default it only shows the past 30, and my order was just over that.[/QUOTE]

Thanks found it. It's still there.

[quote name='Gamer SDP']is there some promo?[/QUOTE]
He is probably talking about the in-store pickup promotion where you spend $50 and get $10 back.

So, today is the ship date, not the release date? Oh, Xseed... :booty:

Ah well, I don't have any funds in my bank account at the moment, so this little delay actually benefits me. :cool:

I canceled mine after reading the reviews on destructoid and gameinformer. That combined with my massive backlog and the fact that my Wii isn't even connected to a TV or an outlet right now...

[quote name='Ionotropic']I canceled mine after reading the reviews on destructoid and gameinformer. That combined with my massive backlog and the fact that my Wii isn't even connected to a TV or an outlet right now...[/QUOTE]
The Last Story has been getting quite a number of positive reviews, though. That, combined with the pre-order bonus and $10 off the initial price, seems like good enough incentives to stick with it.

[quote name='Ionotropic']I canceled mine after reading the reviews on destructoid and gameinformer. That combined with my massive backlog and the fact that my Wii isn't even connected to a TV or an outlet right now...[/QUOTE]
you listened to the only poor reviews out there? and by some of the poorest reviewers who are somehow considered "professionals"? just look up either of these publications and reviewers and you will find that a large majority consider them piss poor when it comes actual reviews outside of the western game developers, especially in the case of jim sterling, who is an absolute joke of an editor in any case.

Seriously, I'd respect someone that just uses metacritic before that pair of sites. Personally, for quality RPG reviews, RPGamer or RPGfan are the best.

[quote name='taylort3']you listened to the only poor reviews out there? and by some of the poorest reviewers who are somehow considered "professionals"? just look up either of these publications and reviewers and you will find that a large majority consider them piss poor when it comes actual reviews outside of the western game developers, especially in the case of jim sterling, who is an absolute joke of an editor in any case.[/QUOTE]

Well Jim Sterling also gave Deadly Premonition a 10. We all know that game deserved a higher score too, amirite?

[quote name='sadboy']The Last Story has been getting quite a number of positive reviews, though. That, combined with the pre-order bonus and $10 off the initial price, seems like good enough incentives to stick with it.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='taylort3']you listened to the only poor reviews out there? and by some of the poorest reviewers who are somehow considered "professionals"? just look up either of these publications and reviewers and you will find that a large majority consider them piss poor when it comes actual reviews outside of the western game developers, especially in the case of jim sterling, who is an absolute joke of an editor in any case.[/QUOTE]

False. Destructoid has one of the finest editorial teams out there. I prefer no b.s. candid remarks about games. Polygon and Giant Bomb often do reviews this way - just give it to us straight.

Now, I am merely 'defending' Destructoid - this post has nothing to do with The Last Story. I, for one, have not played it...

When almost all the reviews are 80+ scores then one site craps on it and gives it a 40. That's a huge red flag.

[quote name='blinknot4']False. Destructoid has one of the finest editorial teams out there. I prefer no b.s. candid remarks about games. Polygon and Giant Bomb often do reviews this way - just give it to us straight.

Now, I am merely 'defending' Destructoid - this post has nothing to do with The Last Story. I, for one, have not played it...[/QUOTE]

Please don't defend Jim Sterling. The rest of the site is pretty much okay, but he rates things unconventionally to deviate from the norm (and get extra attention) and apparently he doesn't even bother trying to adjust any options to fit his preferences. It's relevant here because a lot of people talk about how switching auto-attack to manual greatly improves the gameplay for them.

I have a feeling this game will be kind of like Solatorobo, in which I'll be able to get it discounted with the first print extras in like 2-3 months. I own every Mistwalker release that made it over here as well, including the Blue Dragon DS games, but I keep hearing too many mixed reviews about this game.

[quote name='blinknot4']False. Destructoid has one of the finest editorial teams out there. I prefer no b.s. candid remarks about games. Polygon and Giant Bomb often do reviews this way - just give it to us straight.

Now, I am merely 'defending' Destructoid - this post has nothing to do with The Last Story. I, for one, have not played it...[/QUOTE]

Jim Sterling is the biggest piece of shit in game reviewing history. There is no bigger hypocrite out there, no one with worse taste in games. He's purposefully tanked reviews for games just to spend weeks making more articles harping on how he reviewed the game badly, adding absolutely nothing to the conversation except to show how inept he is at playing games.

His reviews for Assassin's Creed 2, Vanquish, Last Story, and untold amounts of other games stand in testament to just how god awful he is. Other people at Destructoid can be fine but he is the saddest excuse for a "reviewer" in the history of the world and no one should listen to even a single thing he says.

And giving a lower score does not mean "giving it straight." He has a completely ridiculous outlying "opinion" of the game that is factually incorrect all over the place. He's a sack of shit and so is anyone that listens to him.

[quote name='Eggman']Jim Sterling is the biggest piece of shit in game reviewing history. There is no bigger hypocrite out there, no one with worse taste in games. He's purposefully tanked reviews for games just to spend weeks making more articles harping on how he reviewed the game badly, adding absolutely nothing to the conversation except to show how inept he is at playing games.

His reviews for Assassin's Creed 2, Vanquish, Last Story, and untold amounts of other games stand in testament to just how god awful he is. Other people at Destructoid can be fine but he is the saddest excuse for a "reviewer" in the history of the world and no one should listen to even a single thing he says.

And giving a lower score does not mean "giving it straight." He has a completely ridiculous outlying "opinion" of the game that is factually incorrect all over the place. He's a sack of shit and so is anyone that listens to him.[/QUOTE]

THIS. His only profession is trolling. Such a sack of shit. I love how he bragged that he was one of the first people to play Duke Nukem Forever then gave the game the lowest score of any major review site. What a fucking douche. I can't believe he's the EDITOR of Destructoid...the main reason I haven't frequented the site in years.

[quote name='TotalHenshin']Well Jim Sterling also gave Deadly Premonition a 10. We all know that game deserved a higher score too, amirite?[/QUOTE]

Jim only gave that score as a knee-jerk reaction to IGN's 2/10. He basically said that it was so terrible it was perfect, which couldn't be further from the truth. DP has an amazing narrative wrapped up in a decent game saddled with terrible graphics/mechanics. Yeah there's some cheesy BS in it but it mostly adds to the charm of the game and builds up York's character. Access Games is working on a fixed "special edition" of it though, so hopefully it'll finally get the recognition it deserves. It's definitely not for eveyone but that doesn't mean it's terrible.

On topic, I had this preordered at NE but reverted to my GS order since NE didn't ship today...now my GS is saying that they don't even show LS for the rest of the week. Awesome. :headache:

Yup,same here. Just got my email saying it shipped 20 minutes ago.

Now I have this,animal crossing,and the other M,yet no Wii. Once I get one itll probably be the red version so I can also add NSMB to that list as well. /facepalm.

Yeah, I've been reading the mixed reviews as well, but I've been reading the reaction here of the import version and decided to buy anyways. I wasn't going to originally, with Xenoblade still needing to be played, but $12 off was hard to resist.

I also got a shipping notification.

Maybe it was a joke post? I always thought it was common knowledge that GI tends to not rate jRPG's well in general, no one there seems to like them very much. As for destructoid.....well......it is what it is I suppose.

EDIT : On topic, my order is showing "Packaging" so I assume it will be shipping out today.

didn't mean to start a debate about review scores, reviewers, metacritic, etc. honestly, my cancellation has to do more with a giant backlog (and futurelog) than a couple of people's low review scores.

[quote name='Josh5890']Mine has shipped! I'm so excited
even if it is just going to sit in my backlog
[/QUOTE]

Hahahaha! This is EXACTLY my story. Hoping to get through it all one day, perhaps after I retire

Not that this article contains any 'new' info, but wanted to share anyway:

http://www.theverge.com/gaming/2012...oved-to-august-17th-amazon-not-shipping-for-1

EDIT: BTW, last night (I think) we were all talking about reviews of TLS in here (Destructoid, etc) -- well now that more are out, I must say how very happy I am to see the sheer volume of positive reviews. I recommend reading the Gamespot review in particular.

Last edited by a moderator:
bread's done
Back