Latest GameFly Used Game Deals with Free Shipping: Haze, Blast Works $10 and Others

necrojustice

CAGiversary!
Feedback
31 (100%)
[img-r=1]1372[/img-r]GameFly is having another used game sale with free shipping on select titles. Haze (PS3), Blast Works (Wii), and The Club (360) are all $10, but there are bunch of other games on sale too.
GameFly's games come complete with manual and case, are guaranteed and are usually in excellent condition. Ends 10/28.

*Edit*
If you are a renting member of Gamefly and rent Fable II you have the option to keep it for $48.99. Not bad.

:360:Xbox 360
[hiddenlist]
:360:Lost: Via Domus $9.99
:360:NFL Tour $9.99
:360:The Club $9.99
:360:NBA Ballers: Chosen One $9.99
:360:Timeshift $12.99
:360:Condemned 2: Bloodshot $14.99
:360:Devil May Cry 4 $14.99
:360:Alone in the Dark $14.99
:360:Simpsons Game $14.99
:360:Universe at War: Earth Assault $14.99
:360:MX vs ATV Untamed $14.99
:360:Enemy Territory: Quake Wars $14.99
:360:Need for Speed: ProStreet $14.99
:360:Bully: Scholarship Edition $15.99
:360:Army of Two $17.99
:360:Assassin's Creed $17.99
:360:Kane & Lynch: Dead Men $17.99
:360:Frontlines: Fuel of War $17.99
[/hiddenlist]

:wii:Wii
[hiddenlist]
:wii:Blast Works $9.99
:wii:Sega Superstars Tennis $9.99
:wii:Winter Sports $9.99
:wii:Baroque $12.99
:wii:NiGHTS: Journey of Dreams $12.99
:wii:Alone in the Dark $12.99
:wii:Destroy All Humans! Big Willy Unleashed $12.99
:wii:Harvey Birdman: Attorney at Law $13.99
:wii:Sonic Riders: Zero Gravity $13.99
:wii:Simpsons Game $14.99
:wii:Bomberman Land $14.99
:wii:No More Heroes $17.99
:wii:Battalion Wars 2 $17.99
:wii:Incredible Hulk $19.99
:wii:MX vs ATV Untamed $19.99
[/hiddenlist]

:ps3:Playstation 3
[hiddenlist]
:ps3:Haze $9.99
:ps3:Lost Planet: Extreme Condition $12.99
:ps3:The Club $12.99
:ps3:Clive Barker's Jericho $12.99
:ps3:Lost: Via Domus $12.99
:ps3:NBA Ballers: Chosen One $12.99
:ps3:Major League Baseball 2K8 $12.99
:ps3:FIFA Street 3 $14.99
:ps3:Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six Vegas $14.99
:ps3:Turning Point: Fall of Liberty $14.99
:ps3:Unreal Tournament III $16.99
:ps3:Devil May Cry 4 $17.99
:ps3:Assassin's Creed $17.99
:ps3:Condemned 2: Bloodshot $17.99
:ps3:Need for Speed: ProStreet $17.99
:ps3:Army of Two $18.99
[/hiddenlist]

:ps2:Playstation 2
[hiddenlist]
:ps2:Harvey Birdman: Attorney at Law $7.99
:ps2:Manhunt 2 $9.99
:ps2:MX vs ATV Untamed $12.99
:ps2:Simpsons Game $12.99
:ps2:Jackass: The Game $12.99
:ps2:Alone in the Dark $12.99
:ps2:Stuntman: Ignition $12.99
:ps2:Naruto: Ultimate Ninja 2 $14.99
:ps2:Nobunaga's Ambition: Rise to Power $14.99
:ps2:Ratchet & Clank: Size Matters $16.99
:ps2:Innocent Life: A Futuristic Harvest Moon $17.99
:ps2:Baroque $17.99
[/hiddenlist]

Last edited by a moderator:
what condition are the games when you buy them used from gamefly? I know when buying from ebgames or gamespot their usually some scratches that may cause the game to skip at certain parts. Do they also come with original case and manual?

[quote name='ChanM']what condition are the games when you buy them used from gamefly? I know when buying from ebgames or gamespot their usually some scratches that may cause the game to skip at certain parts. Do they also come with original case and manual?[/quote]

All the games come with their cases and manuals (Which aren't sent out with the actual games, so they're unused)

The games that I've gotten have always been in good shape, so I wouldn't worry too much about that. You'll get a bad one every so often, but it's not common. I can't think of any issues with disks that I've had and I've bought almost two dozen games from them.

I grabbed the Lost game. I know it sucks, but I really like the show and so does my wife. Hopefully it doesn't suck too bad and I can get her to play it.

[quote name='ScottBigGame']I grabbed the Lost game. I know it sucks, but I really like the show and so does my wife. Hopefully it doesn't suck too bad and I can get her to play it.[/QUOTE]
It doesn't actually suck. It's just extremely short. I beat it in around maybe 5-6 hours of playing and that's only because of certain parts that are very frustrating. As a Lost fan, I was disappointed only that it was short but I enjoyed it while it lasted.

[quote name='NTolerance']I'm assuming that those getting certain games for $5 have some sort of member's discount or something. It would be great if they would mention exactly how they are getting a better deal.[/quote]

For every 3 months you are a member of Gamefly you get a $5 coupon. I also get 5% off since I have been a member for more than 6 months.

[quote name='hppypnts']is Haze > $10?[/QUOTE]
I say no not because of the price but because there are so many FPSs out there that it's not worth the TIME to play through Haze. But maybe I'm just jaded because I have an evergrowing backlog that I can't seem to slow down.

I've done gamefly & when I tried to buy 2 games from their website, the disc's edge is chipped a lot. they did take it back, but I had to pay postage.
The gamefly turn around time can be horrible depending on your location (even NY is 4 days each way.)
I did 2 months of rental, the 3rd month I was able to get the slightly cheaper 3 discs at a time per month & when I was attempting to cancel, they gave me a discount so it would be $20 for 3x/month. I took it & lasted one month & then a cancelled for real.
Two weeks later, they offered the 3x at $20 again, I didn't take it & they offered it one month later again. I still can't take it, but hoping & assuming they will offer it again.

Man I'm going to blow my load before Black Friday. Picked up Spore with the strategy guide for $35 (from Amazon), now Blast Works for $10. Still have a pending order with Amazon for Left4dead on the PC for only $37 and picked up LBP for $45 shipped. I'm going to have to take some time off work:).

I liked the clubs demo and since a rental nowadays is 8 bux I might as well just it....

I've heard very good things about condemned so thats a yes too.

Devil may cry 4 had me at $20....

Simpsons game is a yes!

And most def Bully.

AND OF COURSE NOM ORE HEROES! WHERE HAVE I BEEN!

now if I culd just find Okami and zack and wiki....(for below $20)

nba08 got it today. They game is put in another PSP case (so someone broke the case and stuck it in a replacement case)

Gamefly said there is nothing wrong with it since it works who cares what case its in..

calling back tomorrow to complain to manager

As I GF member I get 10% off... plus I have my $5 credit I get every 3 months... so I can probably get a good deal.... I'm thinking Army of Two.

FYI, for those asking:
As a GF member you get $5 store credit every 3 months. (credits do not accumulate (max $5 credit to use) so spend it within 3 months)
After 6 months you always get a 5% store discount on all purchases (plus $5 credit/3mos).
After 12 months you always get a 10% store discount on all purchases (plus $5 credit/3 mos).

Note: I've bought: Mass Effect ($10 w/rewards), Assassin's Creed ($10 w/rewards) and Civ: Revolutions ($35 w/rewards) from the store... all 3 have been in excellent condition (don't know if I've been lucky or what, because the discs I've "rented" have not always been in excellent condition). I think some of those discs orig. came with 1 mo XBL codes or extra wonders for civ.... I did not get the codes with the discs).

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='SpitFire158']How is Alone in the Dark?[/quote]

Not so hot now, but after that patch is ready? Could be worthwhile. It's a pretty drastic do-over.

The official sale announcement goes out tomorrow morning. Here are the items we missed:

:360:[FONT=Verdana,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif][FONT=Verdana,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif][/FONT][/FONT]Need for Speed: ProStreet $14.99
:360:[FONT=Verdana,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif][FONT=Verdana,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif][/FONT][/FONT]Frontlines: Fuel of War $17.99
:wii:[FONT=Verdana,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif][FONT=Verdana,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif][/FONT][/FONT]Sonic Riders: Zero Gravity $13.99
:wii:[FONT=Verdana,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif][FONT=Verdana,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif][/FONT][/FONT]Battalion Wars 2 $17.99
:wii:[FONT=Verdana,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif][FONT=Verdana,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif][/FONT][/FONT]Incredible Hulk $19.99
:wii:[FONT=Verdana,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif][FONT=Verdana,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif][/FONT][/FONT]MX vs ATV Untamed $19.99
:ps3:[FONT=Verdana,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif][FONT=Verdana,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif][/FONT][/FONT]Major League Baseball 2K8 $12.99
:ps3:[FONT=Verdana,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif][FONT=Verdana,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif][/FONT][/FONT]FIFA Street 3 $14.99
:ps3:[FONT=Verdana,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif][FONT=Verdana,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif][/FONT][/FONT]Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six Vegas $14.99
:ps3:[FONT=Verdana,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif][FONT=Verdana,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif][/FONT][/FONT]Turning Point: Fall of Liberty $14.99
:ps3:[FONT=Verdana,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif][FONT=Verdana,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif][/FONT][/FONT]Need for Speed: ProStreet $17.99
:ps2:[FONT=Verdana,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif][FONT=Verdana,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif][/FONT][/FONT]MX vs ATV Untamed $12.99
:ps2:[FONT=Verdana,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif][FONT=Verdana,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif][/FONT][/FONT]Naruto: Ultimate Ninja 2 $14.99
:ps2:[FONT=Verdana,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif][FONT=Verdana,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif][/FONT][/FONT]Nobunaga's Ambition: Rise to Power $14.99

I bought a copy of NFS:pS like a week ago for the 360 and it came today with a 1/2 crack coming out from the inner hole. They will only refund the purchase price and not send out a new one. What sucks is that I used a $5.00 rewards coupon towards it that they will not reactivate.

p.s.
This is the first game out of the 9-10 I have ordered from them that has been in less than very good shape.

[quote name='earvcunanan']Lost: Via Domus any good?[/QUOTE]

It's a rental, but I'm not sure what rental prices are these days. If you're a diehard Lost fan, maybe $10 wouldn't be so bad. It's easily beatable in 5-7 hours though, and that's with getting all the achievements if you're playing the 360 version.

[quote name='morphineseason']It's a rental, but I'm not sure what rental prices are these days. If you're a diehard Lost fan, maybe $10 wouldn't be so bad. It's easily beatable in 5-7 hours though, and that's with getting all the achievements if you're playing the 360 version.[/quote]

Rental prices are now $8.00 I believe...

I'll go ahead and purchase it since I have a $5.00 coupon from Gamefly.

Man I want to buy The Simpsons game but it still isn't cheap enough for me to pull the trigger. I also considered Bully but I already have it on the PS2 and I haven't played it much at all. Is the 360 version much better?

I ordered a game, but my order went through twice. I've sent a message to Gamefly support to get my money back. Does anybody know how helpful gamefly support is with refunds. I'm really hoping it's not a hassle.

[quote name='dchrisd']I ordered a game, but my order went through twice. I've sent a message to Gamefly support to get my money back. Does anybody know how helpful gamefly support is with refunds. I'm really hoping it's not a hassle.[/QUOTE]

They're very responsive. I accidently ordered a game once because I didn't realize it was going to submit my order, I thought I was going to see another confirmation page, but anyways they responded to me within a day with a refund. Their customer support overall is very helpful. They were especially helpful when I was doing their 10 day trial. I was very confused as to when to cancel and what not, but they answered all of my questions very quickly.

[quote name='SpitFire158']How is Alone in the Dark?[/quote]

It was...er...all right, I guess. There's an interesting game somewhere in there...under the terrible controls, awful voice acting, and C-movie script. For $15, ah, I don't know. If it drops further, it's worth a look, in my opinion.

Went ahead with Devil May Cry 4 and Condemned 2 for the 360. I've been waiting for Condemned to drop down and I think this was the sweet spot for me.

Since some people seem to be ordering The Club, we should try and get some matches going online once we get our games.

[quote name='Ender']I really enjoyed it! I thought the time manipulation was implemented well, and I had a great time with the game.[/quote]

Thanks. In for 1

[quote name='Plumbtree']Picked up Lost. For $10 you can't go wrong.[/quote]

I know, I'm waiting for the PS3 version to hit $10. I'll bite then. I'd go for the 360 version, but I'm worried about scratches and if the PS3 version would just hit $10 I wouldn't have to worry. Ahh...I'm so tempted to just risk it and go with the 360 version. Hmm...I'm thinking the PS3 version will eventually hit $10 though. :fridge:

Picked up Alone in the Dark 360. Heard it is avg. at best but have been wanting to play it and the Blockbuster here doesn't even have it to rent. Oh well. If it sucks I think the trade in value is higher than the $15 at BB.

[quote name='crazyj']Is Army of Two worth it at $18?[/QUOTE]

I definitely think so. I played through it twice on a rental and really enjoyed it both single and multiplayer. But it's really short and easy, which is why I would say it's not worth more than $20.

MjC

I picked up Army of Two and Lost: Via Domus. Is Battalion Wars 2 worth it at that price? I think I have the original, but I still haven't played that.

bread's done
Back