LBP, Gran Turismo, NBA The Inside 10 (PSP) $10 at KMART YMMV

aleraiders

CAGiversary!
READ FIRST - regular games in the glass cases scan at full price (you need the generic upc/sticker on the back) people have posted price matching at another KMART, US only version, so good luck see pics below

ALSO NOTE - i was looking threw the games and saw that these games are translated in english and french but, there are still in region 1, so they should be playable, thats why there $9.99

i was told that PSP games are all playable, no matter what region, u can play japanese games on a US psp (vice versa)

People have reported seen these older games for $9.99

the con
hot shots golf
Loco Roco 2
Final Fantasy Crisis Core
Metal Gear Portable Ops
Secret Agent Clank
Prince of Persia Rival Swords
and other older titles

NEW TITLES

LittleBigPlanet
Gran Turismo
NBA THE Inside 10

as i dug more in the pile i kept finding newer and newer games

update - people have been reporting finding these deals across the country, but on the other note no dice for some, so its definently YMMV, or the pricing team hasnt got around to pricing these games yet

update #2 - KMART restocks these "9.99" games, so keep checking up in the electronics dept

- most people find them in green carboard clearance bins (some on a clearance shelf)
- the have a green sticker stating "9.99"
- on the back theres a generic upc/sticker covering the original upc

see pics (see below)

[quote name='j_mccarty5']store manager told me the games are special promo items sent to stores, hence the special upc stickers. once they are gone, they're gone. good luck! I was only able to get LBP. Awesome deal, so thanks to the OP.[/QUOTE]

im guessing the original upc will scan at full price, this is too good of a deal for other KMART's to match others stores prices, if u get a down to earth employee who cares about customer service maybe, but since these versions are english/french, they may or may not notice the difference

[quote name='neudog']Started this TL for those CAG's unable to score any at their K-Marts: http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?p=6621003#post6621003[/QUOTE]

please note, im not KMART shopper, my wife had to use the restroom and KMART was right there, lots of people and long lines, so this was shear luck, but i soon will start stalking KMART

[IMG-L=5806]10537[/IMG-L]
[IMG-C=5806]10544[/IMG-C]
[IMG-L=5806]10543[/IMG-L]
[IMG-C=5806]10542[/IMG-C]

Last edited by a moderator:
On Tuesday my wife was able to pick up LBP and GT at the Olathe, KS Kmart. They had green $9.99 stickers, a barcode sticker over the original barcode, and they are dual language English/French on the cover. So assume these must be surplus Canandian printings.

I don't know what all they had, because I only sent her to look for those two games. She said they were on a shelf with a bunch of PS2 games.

purchased GT and Secret Agent Clank for 9.99, Castlevania Drac X Chronicles for $14.99

now i am trying to find LBP

Can anyone get me LBP for PSP. I would pay for shipping an $5.00 per game for your trouble. Make me an offer also.

[quote name='swissx1']Can anyone get me LBP for PSP. I would pay for shipping an $5.00 per game for your trouble. Make me an offer also.[/QUOTE]

2004? you know better.
take the begging to the trade thread.
2004? you can find the thread....

swissx1, 5 shipping? come on, it's gonna cost more than that! This is what I did, I had internet access on my phone, went to kmart, saw the game at 39.99 in the display case. I'd shown a worker this post with the pics, so the guy knocked down the price to 9.99. I picked up gt and lbp.

OP, thanks for the heads up though please correct the spelling of Gran Turismo in the title. Don't know why but it's really been bugging me ;)

[quote name='Josef']OP, thanks for the heads up though please correct the spelling of Gran Turismo in the title. Don't know why but it's really been bugging me ;)[/QUOTE]

:roll:

[quote name='accordtypek']swissx1, 5 shipping? come on, it's gonna cost more than that! This is what I did, I had internet access on my phone, went to kmart, saw the game at 39.99 in the display case. I'd shown a worker this post with the pics, so the guy knocked down the price to 9.99. I picked up gt and lbp.[/QUOTE]

Well you got lucky my friend. I went to KMART last night and found 3 LBP's in a green clearance bin. I was so excited. Picked them all up thinking I was getting a steal and find out 2 are marked 39.99 and 1 is marked 9.99 with the sticker over the UPC. I see an older woman working in electronics so I figured I would show her and explain that its the same game in hopes she would just scan the one 2 more times so I could get all 3... Did not happen. She discussed the issue with another worker in electronics who had no clue. She then called the manager. He came over, looked at all 3 and then told me he would sell me the one for 9.99 but would not do the same for the other 2. When I asked why, his reply was the one was a mistake and he would honor it but would not do the same since the other 2 were correctly priced. I did not argue much about it but I think you got lucky.

Oh and by the way... My sister said you could take the receipt to Wal mart and they would price match. Well when you look at the receipt it just says PSP ASSTMNT so Wal Mart will not price match UNLESS you take the game with you and try.

[quote name='Josef']OP, thanks for the heads up though please correct the spelling of Gran Turismo in the title. Don't know why but it's really been bugging me ;)[/QUOTE]

lol...thats cool man...updated "gran" instead of "grand" :applause:

let me know if theres any other info to add to the OP....

[quote name='accordtypek']swissx1, 5 shipping? come on, it's gonna cost more than that! This is what I did, I had internet access on my phone, went to kmart, saw the game at 39.99 in the display case. I'd shown a worker this post with the pics, so the guy knocked down the price to 9.99. I picked up gt and lbp.[/QUOTE]

the manager in store said no can do... Turn me I have tried at 3 Kmarts with IPhone n hand. One store did say they had them,but a store employee purchased everyone of them.

Thanks

I'm probably gonna be trading in GT. Just not all that enjoyable racing against only 3 other cars with no career mode. Still a good deal for $10, but I doubt I'd play it much if I kept it.

[quote name='aleraiders']lol...thats cool man...updated "gran" instead of "grand" :applause:

let me know if theres any other info to add to the OP....[/QUOTE]

Also, I believe if you edit and go "advanced" you can also update the spelling in the thread title.

I'll have to check my K-Mart, with my luck I won't find anything. Would love to get Clank though

Edit: I didn't realize Secret Agent Clank is so cheap now, it's only 15.95 on Amazon, and people have them even cheaper in the market place

I found LBP and Gran Turismo for 9.99 at my Kmart. Last copies though. I however didn't buy them, Number one because I have a CFW psp and they require the latest firmware and I think the latest CFW is 5.5 I think. I was gonna buy them and trade them both on Goozex, but I honestly didn't know the values and now I got home and find out I could've traded both for 1400 points, and they would've matched up right away FFFFFFFFFFFFFFF

Oh well, I'm not going back up there :p

bread's done
Back