LE Xbox 360 MW2 bundle $299 @ Walmart YMMV

Torusan

CAGiversary!
IMG00093.jpg

Found this today at a local Walmart in Logan, UT. Sorry for the blurry picture. I only had my old blackberry with me.

Also, I checked the label. So, no. I'm not mistaking this price for the Elite below it.

Awesome deal! If you've been holding out on a new XBOX 360, this is your sign from above. GO GO GO!

[quote name='h2dk']yet another sign that MS will be dropping the current Elite and replacing it with a 250gb hard drive.[/QUOTE]It sounds likely if they're going to drop the price on the LE version of the console like this.

It's pretty much gone from most retailers between Best Buy, Walmart, Amazon.com, Buy.com, Newegg.com and the like.

If you find one at this price, pick it up if you've been on the fence with picking up an Elite or a 360 in general.

How sure are you this just wasn't left over the sticker for the elite? I know my walmart here doesn't give a damn where they place their consoles even if it's nowhere near the proper sticker.

The Modern Warfare 2 360 bundle was for an Elite with a copy of MW2 with it and priced $299.99 as the standard MSRP? I just wanna clarify in the event one of my local Gamestop stores still has one of them in stock somehow, as I'm probably going to buy a 360 within the next couple of days to take advantage of their $50 gift card with an Elite promo to dump my $300+ in credit.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']The Modern Warfare 2 360 bundle was for an Elite with a copy of MW2 with it and priced $299.99 as the standard MSRP? I just wanna clarify in the event one of my local Gamestop stores still has one of them in stock somehow, as I'm probably going to buy a 360 within the next couple of days to take advantage of their $50 gift card with an Elite promo to dump my $300+ in credit.[/QUOTE]
The MSRP was actually 399.99, IIRC. Came with two controllers, too.

[quote name='h2dk']yet another sign that MS will be dropping the current Elite and replacing it with a 250gb hard drive.[/QUOTE]

Systems bundled with new game (not the Christmas bundles like older games like Lego Batman/Pure) usually have a pretty short shelf life....The resident evil 5 one last year was only around for a couple of months.

None at the Streetsboro or Ravenna, OH Wally Worlds. Not even a tag.

I'll call around tomorrow morning since I didn't want to risk killing myself driving all over in the dark and fog at 2AM. :p

if you can find this for $299 pick it up. I'd bet that this was just placed in the same spot that the elite goes. I just paid MSRP for mine. I seriously doubt this is a markdown since this is a limited edition and is hard as hell to find now.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']The Modern Warfare 2 360 bundle was for an Elite with a copy of MW2 with it and priced $299.99 as the standard MSRP? I just wanna clarify in the event one of my local Gamestop stores still has one of them in stock somehow, as I'm probably going to buy a 360 within the next couple of days to take advantage of their $50 gift card with an Elite promo to dump my $300+ in credit.[/QUOTE]

Comes with 250GB hdd, 2 controllers, MW2 game + nice looking console. Pretty good at $299.99.

I paid $399.99 for mine also. I had to call 8 BB's in my area just to locate one and then after I find one I had to drive 3 hours to get it. It was well worth it I needed the HD space I was out on my 120 had like 8mb left lol. Sad thing about this console is that they only give you Composite cables not the nice HD Component ones. I guess that's the trade off for getting a free game and controller.

[quote name='neoz']I paid $399.99 for mine also. I had to call 8 BB's in my area just to locate one and then after I find one I had to drive 3 hours to get it. It was well worth it I needed the HD space I was out on my 120 had like 8mb left lol. Sad thing about this console is that they only give you Composite cables not the nice HD Component ones. I guess that's the trade off for getting a free game and controller.[/QUOTE]
Unfortunately that seems to be the way it goes now for all bundles and not just the MW2 one. Only regular AV cables and not the HD ones or an HDMI cable. It's probably just their way of saving costs on the bundle and hoping to make a few more bucks by selling the "official" HDMI and HD Cables.

I ran into the problem when my old one died. I replaced it with an Elite and it came with the regular cables and no HD ones. Luckily it was the XBox that died so I was able to use my old HD connector from the dead Xbox just fine.

But yeah, it looks like if you buy a bundle it looks like you're only going to get standard AV Cables.

[quote name='iPlayConsoles']if you can find this for $299 pick it up. I'd bet that this was just placed in the same spot that the elite goes. I just paid MSRP for mine. I seriously doubt this is a markdown since this is a limited edition and is hard as hell to find now.[/QUOTE]

if you would have read what the op said he stated he checked the shelf tag and no, it is not the price for the elite that is below it.

going to check my wally worlds and hope to get one:bouncy:

[quote name='KillSwitch DV8']if you would have read what the op said he stated he checked the shelf tag and no, it is not the price for the elite that is below it.

going to check my wally worlds and hope to get one:bouncy:[/QUOTE]

Well, if you had also read the OP you would have noticed that this is YMMV, extreme at that I'd say because it's getting harder to find now. The Walmart product page website even says price may vary between stores. So for the sake of you wasting gas, I'd call ahead and see if even have the console.

Calling is definitely the best option. I would have been all over this if it was $299.99 at my local Walmart but i searched if any were available around me and it couldn't find any within 100 miles. If I happened to go into Walmart though I'd still check.

Great steal if you can find this though.

[quote name='psyXcho']How sure are you this just wasn't left over the sticker for the elite? I know my walmart here doesn't give a damn where they place their consoles even if it's nowhere near the proper sticker.[/QUOTE]

Exactly, this is the case, they do it all the time, to show they are in stock. We used to do it in the Hell Depot when we were getting walked by the corp management.

If you actually find this at this $300, have the money to spend, and want a 360, you'd be crazy not to pick up. I thought it was a damn good deal at MSRP. $100 off makes it an absolute no-brainer.

[quote name='iPlayConsoles']Well, if you had also read the OP you would have noticed that this is YMMV, extreme at that I'd say because it's getting harder to find now. The Walmart product page website even says price may vary between stores. So for the sake of you wasting gas, I'd call ahead and see if even have the console.[/QUOTE]

i have known for many years that all walmart deals are always very ymmv (always)! but being i am 5 minutes from the closest walmart and the other 3 near me are within 10-15 mins so thanks for your concern but i will take my chances. better to try than to sit at home and say oh i will never find one!

[quote name='JTHuffy']what's the difference? the new 250's are gonna be out with a tag of 300 soon enough as it is[/QUOTE]
The fact that you get 2 wireless controllers and Modern Warfare 2 included in the bundle. That's the difference.

[quote name='JTHuffy']what's the difference? the new 250's are gonna be out with a tag of 300 soon enough as it is[/QUOTE]

There's no proof of that, yet. It's pure speculation.

http://www.destructoid.com/250gb-xbox-360-elite-and-250gb-drive-coming-next--160374.phtml

The fact that stores are running low on stock could mean a number of things, not just that the 250GB model is taking its place. Even if it is, the fact that MS hasn't announced it yet means it could be awhile. So, if you can find this now, it's a lot better than waiting. Plus, as the poster mentioned, with this you get an extra controller and MW2. So, again, if you can find it for $300, that's a steal, but I doubt you're going to.

[quote name='Angelwatch']The fact that you get 2 wireless controllers and Modern Warfare 2 included in the bundle. That's the difference.[/QUOTE]

touche

Got 1 Boonville IN. No more in stock. A friend of mine wanted one and I called and the lady found 1 in stock. She said it was 299 and we asked her to scan it just to be sure and it was 299. Offered to go in with my friend 150 if I got a controller and the 250 HD and he could keep my 60 gig.

[quote name='dinobot']Comes with 250GB hdd, 2 controllers, MW2 game + nice looking console. Pretty good at $299.99.[/QUOTE]

Thing is, I didn't like the original Modern Warfare, I don't need a ton of HDD space(don't plan on using a 360 as a media center, it's a GAME console), I doubt I'll ever need a spare controller(unless I take it up a friends' house to play some co-op) and if it RROD's what're the actual chances of getting back the same exact console you send in?

If those chances are slim to nil, then I'll go with the basic 360 Elite(or a Pro if I could've found one) and save the $50 or so.

What pisses me off is that I found a $15 120gb HDD at Kmart last summer and I traded it on here for Red Faction: Guerrilla for PS3 since I never thought I'd buy a 360.:whistle2:#

Yet earlier today I just bought an Elite bundle from Gamestop with my $300+ in credit there and I could've just bought an Arcade and used the 120gb HDD on it if I had only waited.:roll:

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']Thing is, I didn't like the original Modern Warfare, I don't need a ton of HDD space(don't plan on using a 360 as a media center, it's a GAME console), I doubt I'll ever need a spare controller(unless I take it up a friends' house to play some co-op) and if it RROD's what're the actual chances of getting back the same exact console you send in?[/QUOTE]

Well, even if you are going to use it strictly as a game console, the extra space doesn't go to waste. Between game installs and downloads, I think I have about 55GB left on my 120GB, and that's only because I don't install that many games. I only install games that I know I will play a lot and not give up on after a month or so. If I had the 250GB HDD, I would be far more liberal with my game installs.

As far as a spare controller goes, I've gone through a number of 360 controllers over 2+ years of ownership. The analog sticks do not hold up well, in my opinion. In contrast, the SIXAXIS that came with my PS3, which I've owned longer, is still going strong.

I don't know what Microsoft's policy on limited edition consoles and RRoD is. Yeah, if you send in a regular system, you generally get back someone else's refurb, in order to cut down on turnaround time. They might actually replace the guts of a limited edition console, though.

But the question on a LE console kind of reminded me of the one story of someone who sent in their Halo 3 Edition 360 a while ago that was signed by the dev team. It came back 'cleaned' with all of those signatures wiped off by the repair tech(s).

As for controllers, I still had my one PS1 controller that I routinely used on my PS2 up till I got the PS3 about 2 or so years ago and it worked as flawlessly as when I picked it up. What's even more amazing is that I picked it up USED in the first place. I'm also on my original controller for my original Xbox as well.

But the PS3 controllers sticks tend to seem a bit 'gritty' at times, even though I'm overly anal retentive before I start playing a game(wash/dry hands so no gunk builds up on buttons/sticks).

[quote name='cRodz']if you bite on this deal, consider yourself a thief.

this deal is just a damn steal...[/QUOTE]

:roll::roll: Hopefully my sarcasm detector is broken, since I sincerely doubt that the controllers/game/HDD space really cost MS anywhere near MSRP for the bundle.

Now, if you managed to sell the extra controller, game, larger HDD for $100+(if you already had the 120gb) AND got this bundle for $299.99, THEN you might be a 'thief'.

But even then, you'd just be trying to get the best deal for your money and most game/peripheral prices are bound to go down anyway, so why not wait and pick everything up for much cheaper later on?

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']:roll::roll: Hopefully my sarcasm detector is broken, since I sincerely doubt that the controllers/game/HDD space really cost MS anywhere near MSRP for the bundle.

Now, if you managed to sell the extra controller, game, larger HDD for $100+(if you already had the 120gb) AND got this bundle for $299.99, THEN you might be a 'thief'.

But even then, you'd just be trying to get the best deal for your money and most game/peripheral prices are bound to go down anyway, so why not wait and pick everything up for much cheaper later on?[/QUOTE]

Because by that logic you could wait for everything to be cheaper later on and never buy anything.

[quote name='sleepydumbdude']Got 1 Boonville IN. No more in stock. A friend of mine wanted one and I called and the lady found 1 in stock. She said it was 299 and we asked her to scan it just to be sure and it was 299. Offered to go in with my friend 150 if I got a controller and the 250 HD and he could keep my 60 gig.[/QUOTE]

I think you got the bad end of the stick out of that deal.. He got an 360 Elite with MW2 for 150..
you got 250GB Hard Drive and $30 Controller..should have atleast got to keep MW2..

[quote name='judgedee']Because by that logic you could wait for everything to be cheaper later on and never buy anything.[/QUOTE]

True. Speaking of which, I think the 360 Elite and the $50 GS gift card I picked up today are going back tomorrow. I just don't wanna take any chances that it'll scratch my discs to the point where they won't work right again.

I'll wait till the next-next gen and buy a used 360 for $50 and some old ass(by then) games for $3-5 each. Then I might not give a shit too much if they get fucked up.

If I could score this for 299$ I'd be all over it!! My RE5 Elite is sounding more and more strained each day.... Plus I need another controller since one of mine just shit the bed.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']True. Speaking of which, I think the 360 Elite and the $50 GS gift card I picked up today are going back tomorrow. I just don't wanna take any chances that it'll scratch my discs to the point where they won't work right again.

I'll wait till the next-next gen and buy a used 360 for $50 and some old ass(by then) games for $3-5 each. Then I might not give a shit too much if they get fucked up.[/QUOTE]

I have NEVER had any scratching issues with my 360s and that was using it both vertically and horizontally.

[quote name='dabamus']I have NEVER had any scratching issues with my 360s and that was using it both vertically and horizontally.[/QUOTE]

What would you say are the odds of a 360 scratching a disc? I ask because I may be taking this on a rare(very rare) occasion up to a friends' house to let him play Fable II on it and he has 2 younger nieces and a younger nephew, all of which are a bit energetic and very grabby of games.

I just worry that one wrong bump and WHAM-O, I'm looking at a messed up disc or system and ending up being afraid of using the system after that.

I had the disc scratching happen prior with only ONE system(30001R PS2) and it did a number on my one GTA disc. But luckily it wasn't deep enough of a scratch to cause the disc to be unplayable.:D

Plus, the store(local one) I bought the PS2 from agreed to resurface the disc at no cost to me and re-align the lens to prevent future issues.

I have bumped mine before with it on and vertical, and had no problems. The scratching problems were mainly in the original launch-era models.

I have had played hundreds of hours on my three different 360s(one launch=RROD, one post-launch=RROD, and my current 2008 model) and not had any scratching issues.

bread's done
Back