Left 4 Dead 2 (PC) 17.99 at J&R

If you're buying off of the J&R website, use the 5% BCB. Also, their website says Temporarily Out of Stock. Hope it goes through, but it does look like a price mistake.

before the page where I complete my order, there was a little message below my cart contents that said "temporarily out of stock." anyone else get this? (edit: ok other ppl got it) I went ahead and ordered anyway, the worst that can happen is a cancellation.

I really didn't need another video game to occupy my time that could otherwise be used for college learning and what-not, but what the hell. Went ahead and ordered one. Let's see if this one goes through.

Went ahead and ordered one, using PayPal. I didn't see anything about it being out of stock, maybe they updated their stock count like Amazon does during a sale. At that price, I don't mind waiting for it. Nice find, OP...

Very tempted but gonna have to pass. I really shouldn't be buying more games, and I doubt I will have time to play it much anyway.

[quote name='Ryukahn']Very tempted but gonna have to pass. I really shouldn't be buying more games, and I doubt I will have time to play it much anyway.[/QUOTE]

Exactly why i passed. When I get around to playing it, it will probably be $7.99 --- like what happened with L4D1.

[quote name='hordak']Exactly why i passed. When I get around to playing it, it will probably be $7.99 --- like what happened with L4D1.[/QUOTE]

Or even 5.64 :cool:

Can only see the X360 on the site now. :( Link redirects to generic action software page.

However, I was able to view the cached page on Google (site:jr.com "left 4 dead") and bring up the Windows version at the old price. Add it to your cart and it's $18 (OOS, though).

looks dead, oh well i'm sure it will be that price soon enough at many places. especially when valve announces L4D3 for september.

[quote name='Xealot42']Just got an OOS refund email from Amazon. I guess it was too good to be true.[/QUOTE]

I did too, but it is for the better for me since GS has the 360 version for around 24 bucks shipped and I prefer that.

[quote name='Xealot42']Just got an OOS refund email from Amazon. I guess it was too good to be true.[/QUOTE]

still haven't gotten anything for me (I ordered directly off jr.com)

[quote name='BaboonSqueezer']Got it today, that was pretty fast, ordered directly from Jr[/QUOTE]

So your order did go through? I ordered directly from J&R and am still waiting for them to ship it off.

[quote name='machindo']So your order did go through? I ordered directly from J&R and am still waiting for them to ship it off.[/QUOTE]

I'm in the same boat. Ordered ~3:20 on Tuesday through JR.com, no cancellation, no shipment.

i think it's funny the honored ones direct from the store but canceled the amazon ones. Also funny considering the game seems to have just gotten a universal price drop so 17.99 doesn't even seem like that big of a deal anymore.

[quote name='Oktoberfest']pretty sure he's kidding.[/QUOTE]
If you are referring to me, no im not, I did only order one copy though, so if you ordered more it may be taking longer because of that, or for J&R knows what other reaons.

Last edited by a moderator:
Did anyone try arguing? I paid on their website through Amazon Payments, and technically the reason they give for canceling is bogus - the thing is not out of stock at all, if you look on the J & R website, it shows up. Now, we all know they just don't want to honor the price, but....eh, I don't know.

[quote name='ithebigc']Did anyone try arguing? I paid on their website through Amazon Payments, and technically the reason they give for canceling is bogus - the thing is not out of stock at all, if you look on the J & R website, it shows up. Now, we all know they just don't want to honor the price, but....eh, I don't know.[/QUOTE]

I thought about it, but with what seems like a universal price drop coming real soon, I don't even know if it is worth arguing.

i ordered through JR.com and I still have yet to get a cancellation order, however my order has yet to ship as well. I wonder if anybody got theirs. My order still doesnt say cancelled, just order submitted

[quote name='TheOmegaSoldier']i ordered through JR.com and I still have yet to get a cancellation order, however my order has yet to ship as well. I wonder if anybody got theirs. My order still doesnt say cancelled, just order submitted[/QUOTE]

I left mine for a week that way. I checked their store and it was in stock. It wasn't shipping, it was just sitting there, so weary of letting the thing linger and sit for weeks, I called and they told me the order had been cancelled internally even tho the website didn't show it.

If you want L4D2 for PC, go get it from Gamestop for $29.99 which is a decent enough deal. No one will get it from JR through that sale.

The rep told me it was a pricing error.

[quote name='dskye']I actually got mine (ordered through JR.com).[/QUOTE]

Sorry, don't believe you. Nobody got it because they caught it right away.

[quote name='TheOmegaSoldier']i ordered through JR.com and I still have yet to get a cancellation order, however my order has yet to ship as well. I wonder if anybody got theirs. My order still doesnt say cancelled, just order submitted[/QUOTE]

it's been cancelled, they just don't tell you unless you ask.

[quote name='markc72']Sorry, don't believe you. Nobody got it because they caught it right away.[/QUOTE]

Quality isn't the best (used my phone) but hopefully this is enough for you.

[quote name='dskye']

Quality isn't the best (used my phone) but hopefully this is enough for you.[/QUOTE]
Lol owned. Guess they honored the ones from the website, but not Amazon.

bread's done
Back