Left 4 Dead Four Pack-$150 (Steam)

sniping_dreamer

CAGiversary!
Feedback
7 (100%)
I'm not sure if this goes here, so here we go.
Steam's offering four copies of Left 4 Dead (extra copies go to friends) for $150.

You can look at it this way:
$150/4=$37.5 each copy.
Or 50+50+50=$150 1 copy free.

Maybe someone here is interested in scrounging up 37.5, sending it to a [trusted] person, then that person buys it and sends the copies to the paying people (you get the idea).

It's a $12.5 savings.

Or...3 people can pool the money, buy it normally, and just give the game for free to someone. Of course, most will probably choose the former.

I hope I explained that well enough.

Nice deal. Unfortunately I don't think the game looks all that great, but I'm sure that some people here will be very interested in it.

[quote name='spideymike']That's actually not a bad deal, but the best way for that deal to work is to have 4 local friends all go in.[/quote]

I would think that too. But I did see a while back some CAG's pooling up money in groups to pre-order something; I completely forgot what it was from. Possibly from Amazon. Wait, I think it's Fallout 3.

I would jump on this but just found out my pc cannot run this game. :(
Guess I'll have to get a xbox on Black Friday or something

[quote name='kchiang']wait......... that is the 360 right? I only want the 360 one[/quote]
Steam is Valve's PC gaming platform.

Well, we can pool online by using PayPal. I guess people with good trader rep should be a good job for this. I mean, it is $150.

Mind you, the person purchasing must be included in the pack. So it's the person who buys the pack gets 1 copy, then he has to "gift"/send the other 3 to the members.

It's a shame you have to keep a copy. I'd be a perfect candidate for facilitating it. I am really kicking myself for buying it early. I could of saved my self like $8USD

You would need to send 38.93 to get 37.50 after paypal fees. Still an interesting deal. Was leaning toward getting at CC since it's on sale for $40 and I have $30 in giftcards. That said, may be interested in facilitating this deal if there's interest. PM me.

I think my friends and I are getting in on this.

Alternatively, you can just buy the whole Valve pack for $100 on Steam, and that includes Left 4 Dead, Half-Life series, Portal, etc. Theoretically, the Valve pack is a better deal.

wish they had this earlier. my roommates want to play but are SUPER cheap-asses and only either play WoW or install my games and then download a crack. it's annoying.

anyway, this would have been nice. saving $12.50 is totally worth doing this.

[quote name='YodaEXE']Nice deal. Unfortunately I don't think the game looks all that great, but I'm sure that some people here will be very interested in it.[/quote]

I've played the demo and it isn't a great game, but it is a lot of fun. When the swarm comes after your ass you are in deep shit, but it is so much fun.

Me and 2 friends were playing the demo the other day and two of us are following closely behind our friend. We are just about to turn a corner and run into our other friend when all we hear him say is "And so it begins" in a very ominous voice. We had no idea what the hell he was talking about, but then we saw the car alarm he set off. Lets just put it this way... The swarm destroyed us.

After we died we were all laughing our asses off. L4D is going to be a great game with friends. Can't wait to get it.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='sniping_dreamer']I would think that too. But I did see a while back some CAG's pooling up money in groups to pre-order something; I completely forgot what it was from. Possibly from Amazon. Wait, I think it's Fallout 3.[/quote]

It was the Fallout 3 CE pre-order from the TRU B2G1 sale online. The person(s) who bought it got the shipping information from the others in advance, so that TRU shipped them all to the right people (and shipping was free on it). Much better than having it all shipped to one person and incurring additional shipping costs to send them to the right people.

[quote name='Blade']Alternatively, you can just buy the whole Valve pack for $100 on Steam[/quote]

Yes but is there anyone interested in Left 4 Dead who doesn't own the Orange Box already?

Left 4 Dead is a fun Half Life 2 Mod that I would struggle to talk myself into buying for $29.

If Valve can pull of selling it for $50, or $60 on Xbox 360, well, there is still hope in turning this economy around.
People will buy anything that is shoveled to them.

[quote name='Zimmy']Left 4 Dead is a fun Half Life 2 Mod that I would struggle to talk myself into buying for $29.

If Valve can pull of selling it for $50, or $60 on Xbox 360, well, there is still hope in turning this economy around.
People will buy anything that is shoveled to them.[/quote]

that's exactly why I didn't buy the game
after the incredible deal that was the Orange Box for $40 bucks

I have a hard time buying a game that gives the same level of enjoyment as Team Fortress 2 only, for $5-$10 more

I'm sure it will be a really fun game, but for $45-$50 bucks it is not worth it
For $30 bucks I'd be playing it already, that seems like a better price

Yep, don't get me wrong, I tried the Demo last night on Xbox Live and had a blast.
But it was very apparent this is a very polished mod with only 4 levels.

I'm betting the price is going to drop on this like Circuit City stock.

[quote name='Zimmy']Yep, don't get me wrong, I tried the Demo last night on Xbox Live and had a blast.

I'm betting the price is going to drop on this like Circuit City stock.[/QUOTE]

Wrong, it's 4 campaigns with 5 levels in each one, which would be 20 levels. This is a Valve game, it will sell excellent especially on the PC, plus it'll get free updates and DLC on the PC, can't say the same for the Xbox. This is much more than a mod, this isn't EA developing it after all.

[quote name='Zimmy']Left 4 Dead is a fun Half Life 2 Mod that I would struggle to talk myself into buying for $29.

People will buy anything that is shoveled to them.[/QUOTE]

Stupid comment, people are buying it because it's a good co-op game with replayability, not because it's being "shoveled" to them (who the hell says that anyways?). What's funnier is Call of Duty WaW is $60, and it's basically just a Call of Duty 4 mod with different skins, but yet people eat it up, so sad. Left 4 Dead is completely different from every other game that is out there, it's unique, unlike 90% of games now-a-days.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Zimmy']Yep, don't get me wrong, I tried the Demo last night on Xbox Live and had a blast.

I'm betting the price is going to drop on this like Circuit City stock.[/quote]

I wish :(

Give me $25 L4D, please! Like Orange Box last year!

[quote name='redlupine']that's exactly why I didn't buy the game
after the incredible deal that was the Orange Box for $40 bucks

I have a hard time buying a game that gives the same level of enjoyment as Team Fortress 2 only, for $5-$10 more

I'm sure it will be a really fun game, but for $45-$50 bucks it is not worth it
For $30 bucks I'd be playing it already, that seems like a better price[/QUOTE]

So because Valve was kind enough to create the biggest value in gaming history with the Orange Box and then their next release isn't, what, 5 games rolled into one it's not worth it?

it's a cool idea for a sale, considering this is intended to be played with 4 players online. I should buy stock in steam. they just do everything right.

I bought the pack and it didn't give me my 3 gifts on the night it was released. They fixed it today and gave me a total of 5 copies, so it's $30 each between my friends :).

I have no idea if the system is still doing this.

If you ask me, everyone who bought The Orange Box owes Valve a favor for their graciousness, and shouldn't complain about them making a single game full price, for only the second time in their history.

I'm buying the hell out of this game.

To people who play this single-player only, you're doing it wrong. There are far better single-player games out there. Where this game shines is co-op play.

And I think the game is fantastic. You just need to keep the difficulty cranked up to max level so it's actually a challenge, and have buddies to play the game with.

I'm looking forward to mods for this. I've already heard of people playing Left 4 Dead on Team Fortress 2 maps, how fun is that?!?

bread's done
Back