Left 4 Dead [PC] 50% off on STEAM - $14.99

Damn if my pc could play it I would be all over this! By the time I upgrade the game will be even cheaper and maybe I can get it with L4D 2.

Ok, everyone is paid up and game is purchased. Will send out momentarily. Check your email. Let me know if you did not receive. Please friend mikespit12000 on steam and feel free to leave me feedback. :)

I am so tempted. I've been waiting for a price drop on L4D.

However, I just lost my job Sunday. I don't know if I should be buying games right now.

[quote name='nikkai']I'd have jumped on this if FPS don't make me want to vomit and lie down for the next few days... =/[/QUOTE]

Wow that sucks. FPSs are awesome as hell. I've spent more time playing counter-strike than when I played World of Warcraft and Final Fantasy XI combined, and I have over 1000 hours in World of Warcraft...

[quote name='danstabbingworth']

In all seriousness, I may buy this despite owning a 360 copy. I save $7 on free Crash Course and I hear there are some good fan-made levels.
[/QUOTE]

You hear correctly.

Check out http://www.l4dmods.com

Death Aboard is one of the better ones my friends and I played. Highly recommend it for a full fan-made campaign. :cool:

[quote name='Nyxaz']You hear correctly.

Check out http://www.l4dmods.com

Death Aboard is one of the better ones my friends and I played. Highly recommend it for a full fan-made campaign. :cool:[/QUOTE]

sweet..thanks. It's like getting an entirely new game for free..and there are many campaigns and survival modes available.

[quote name='s2k']If 4 people split the cost its only 11.24 for the four pack since its on sale for 45 bucks.[/QUOTE]

i already had the game but thats what i convinced my 3 friends to do and got one for my gf. this is gonna be awesome. i love this game.

Ended up grabbing this. Wow this game is a hassle to set up though :p Had to jump through quite a few hoops just to get it to stop crashing/stuttering, but at least it runs great now.

Just a heads up for those factoring the new DLC into the equation. It's pretty underwhelming to a one year veteran like myself and very buggy. Playing the campaign mode, we've had a few tanks despawn during the finale due to poor pathing/spawn placement code which makes it incredibly less challenging. Versus was lackluster as well, since most buildings are too vertically challenged for hunters to get good leaps or smokers to be safe when pulling. Finding good spots to spawn on the ground is a trial of patience since many objects (like walls) give an error 'something is blocking the way' if you're too close to them. It makes attacks very linear in conception and shivva stacking is even worse during the finale since you can sit inside a well inclosed shipping container for all but tank fights. Most versus games were right back to No Mercy within a few hours last night, which is never a good sign.

The price is great for what the game is, but I can't help thinking the game will be dead come Christmas. It will slowly coax players back once L4D2 has been out for a while, but never the same following it has now.

Last ditch effort to wring money out of the L4D2 beta before they actually release the full featured game I see, haven't touched it since valve announced L4D2.

[quote name='guardian_owl']Last ditch effort to wring money out of the L4D2 beta before they actually release the full featured game I see, haven't touched it since valve announced L4D2.[/QUOTE]
Couldn't have said it better myself.

[quote name='Jodou']Couldn't have said it better myself.[/QUOTE]Really? I can. See:

[quote name='guardian_owl']CRAAAWWLIIINNNGGGG IIIIIIN MY SKIIIIIN. THESE WOUUUNDSSS THEY WILLL NOT HEEAAALLLL[/QUOTE]Sounds much better. Or:

[quote name='guardian_owl']waaaaahhhhhhhhhhhh the game I bought got a sequel waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhh![/QUOTE]

[quote name='Firestorm']Really? I can. See:

Sounds much better. Or:
[quote name='guardian_owl']
waaaaahhhhhhhhhhhh the game I bought got a sequel waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhh![/quote][/QUOTE]The vast majority of people aren't pissed L4D2 is coming out. They're pissed that L4D2 is coming out when there are still a shit ton of bugs in L4D1 which are being completely neglected PRESUMABLY because they are busting ass to meet the release date for L4D2.

Valve shifted their efforts away from fixing/tweaking a game that people STILL enjoy for some new product and those same people have little faith that their game will ever be fixed because Valve will be busy putting out fires in their new baby. It's not a matter of L4D or L4D2 being worth it, it's a matter of Valve neglecting to fix known problems that people constantly encounter because surprise surprise they are still playing and enjoy the game.

IMHO of course

[quote name='Guerrilla']Great deal, but hard to bite with the sequel around the corner. Hrm...[/QUOTE]
Yeah, that's my dilemma too. Plus, I need to get my money's worth out of Team Fortress 2.

Anyone still planning to get it, but hasn't yet? Would like to save like $3 (I'm such a cheap ass :( ). If there are 3 other people that have interest in buying, I would gladly buy the 4 pack one.

Also, for the people that did the 4 pack L4D, I'm guessing the other 3 games will be a steam gift?

Is there anyone else doing the whole 4 way buy?

Also - Im still on the fence about this. In L4D2 theres doing to be like 2-4 new guns and like 10 new melee weapons. I mean I looked at the axe and it looks so satisfying and awesome to just hack and slash zombies left and right.

Its either I get this now. Or wait - because Im cheap - for another like, what, 8 months? For L4D2 to have some sort of sale?

But if I buy this I have to deal with not as many weapons. I mean, I know a few good games can make a game what it should be but this game demands more firepower or at least something that changes it all up. If I do get the deal, however, Ill have more campaigns and maps.

So many pros and cons...*sigh*

[quote name='Escargoexpress']The game won't get any less fun when left4dead 2 comes out. I'd go for this if I haven't already bought the game 3 times[/QUOTE]

Exactly. Personally I'd go for this deal and if you like the gameplay, wait for the inevitable weekend deal next year when L4D2 is half off. That way you get both games and it comes out cheaper than getting L4D2 at launch. Personally between the custom maps and replaying the campaigns and versus mode I could easily wait till next year to pick up the sequel.

As for bugs, I just play with friends and I don't really notice them taking advantage of any glitches/exploits in versus. So idk, maybe it's a bigger issue if you're playing with random people.

[quote name='Reaperain']How does the 4 way thing work? Cuz lol...Im edging towards just buying it myself right now.[/QUOTE]

First, make sure you have three other people willing to buy it with you. Once you've done that, have one guy coordinate everything (receives the payment, buys the game, distribute the games to the remaining three people).

For our group, we basically sent money (~$11.24 + $1.00 for additional costs) to guy buying the pack through Paypal. Once he had the money, he proceeded to buy the 4-pack himself. Once that was done, he sent each of us a copy of the game via Steam.

I'm not sure how sending out games work since I was the recipient, but I'm pretty sure it's not that difficult.

I found adding the three other guys as friends on Steam helped with the communication.

I'm willing to start one.
people that posted that had an interest, pm me and Ill put you on the list.

mahoman
EliotAndrews
lamacq
flizmo007
gregnied
SmartAssConsumer

these were the people I saw that wanted to go a 4 way (eww), but anyway. Just pm and I'll buy the game.
$11.25 for paypal gift or $11.90 for regular paypal

1. ZerotypeX
2. danny8k -paid-
3. SmartAssConsumer

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='ZerotypeX']I'm willing to start one.
people that posted that had an interest, pm me and Ill put you on the list.

mahoman
EliotAndrews
lamacq
flizmo007
gregnied
SmartAssConsumer

these were the people I saw that wanted to go a 4 way (eww), but anyway. Just pm and I'll buy the game.

1. ZerotypeX
4.[/QUOTE]

PM Sent ;)

I'd like two from the 4-pack. Hit me up if you need help filling out the 4.

1. Me
2. Me
3. [OPEN]
4. [OPEN]

[quote name='hordak']So, for the 4 ways... how are you guys all paying each other? PayPal?[/QUOTE]

Most, if not all, are paying thru paypal.

Here's an update for my group, 1 more slot left. $11.25 for paypal gift or $11.90 for regular paypal

1. ZerotypeX
2. danny8k -paid- gift sent
3. SmartAssConsumer -paid- gift not sent yet

Here was a list of people that were interested...

mahoman
EliotAndrews
lamacq
flizmo007
gregnied
SmartAssConsumer

[quote name='machindo']

I'm not sure how sending out games work since I was the recipient, but I'm pretty sure it's not that difficult.
[/QUOTE]

The extra copies show up on your account under My Games in the Steam Client. From there you just right click and send them either to an email address or to a Steam ID. Was dead simple.

[quote name='Scooby']PM'd you zerotypex.

What's paypal gift? Is that a way to pay where you can avoid the fee? How do you do it?[/QUOTE]

pm'd

[quote name='Scooby']
What's paypal gift? Is that a way to pay where you can avoid the fee? How do you do it?[/QUOTE]

I'd like to know about paypal gift - if anyone has a minute to explain i'd appreciate it!

I took the 4th spot :)

sickle: paypal has now an option to make 'personal' payments of different types, 'gift' is one type. There's apparently no fee that applies in that case.

Alright, my L4D group is complete

1. ZerotypeX
2. danny8k -paid- gift sent
3. SmartAssConsumer -paid- gift not sent yet
4. Scooby -paid- gift sent

bread's done
Back