Left 4 Dead PC deals

Yikes....I def. want a hard copy.....not a steam version. Shocked they are charging $45 for this game. I was really expecting $30 for the PC version.

Oh well, maybe something will pop up!

I think it's a Valve game? They're advertising it everywhere in CS 1.6, probably other games too. I'm 95% certain (5% margin of error) that you'll need Steam to play it.

[quote name='basilofbkrst']Amazon has it for 45 as well. If, like me you prefer a hard copy... I hope I don't have to have steam to play...[/quote]
You do. You have to use Steam for every Valve game on PC. It might seem like a turn off, but Steam is great. You can always redownload your games if you lose the disc. And it's free if you were worried about that.

Um, $30 for a new copy is simply a preposterous idea. Most full-sized PC games will never even touch that price for a new copy of the game at release, even with a good deal. I'm curious to know what would have given you that idea.

[quote name='Kevbo887']Like stated, im not worried about using steam at all. I just prefer to own a hard copy as well. That is all.[/quote]

The amazon version is actually $39.99 -- not sure if it's a bug in the system or it applies the coupon twice..but it is indeed $39.99 without shipping (but eligible for free saver) Just have to go through checkout to the end, the reviewing part. There's your boxed copy, and cheap :D

[quote name='jonac13']Um, $30 for a new copy is simply a preposterous idea. Most full-sized PC games will never even touch that price for a new copy of the game at release, even with a good deal. I'm curious to know what would have given you that idea.[/QUOTE]

They said they'd release it at 40, and hopped back up to 50

But trust me, it's worth it.

Just play the demo and you won't need a sweet deal to want to buy this game. 5 bucks off isn't bad either.

[quote name='Sinistar']It's $45 now on Amazon.[/QUOTE]

And on steam, and that's got achievements and auto-updates.

I'd bite the bullet and buy it on Steam. It's the best deal considering Valve always updates games/achievements.

For me if the developers get more of my money the better it is, that's why I buy a lot of steam games, this one included. You should buy it on steam, but to each their own.

Uh...guys...I'm pretty sure Steam is mandatory when you buy the PC version of L4D. When I got The Orange Box, they made me install Steam and such. The installation CDs, I'm guessing, is only there to speed up the process. In fact, you can probably throw them away after using the key, because it's saved in your Steam.

[quote name='Prock']it's only 39.99 this week at circuit city.[/quote]

Yeah but I don't think the CC's that are closing are getting any new stock of stuff, correct? If they are, then I'll get my copy from there.

bread's done
Back