Left 4 Dead (Xbox 360/PC) $48.99/$39.99 Shipped at Amazon

Well, I was hoping for an answer from someone who has experienced this first hand, instead of being jerked around by CS. But, fair enough. I'll contact Amazon about it. If anybody wants to answer my question though, feel free and thanks.

Well, I preordered this game a couple weeks ago, and then thought again and cancelled it because I've spent so much on games in the past month or so. Then last night, I played the demo for the first time, and this morning I re-preordered it. That game is fun!!!

[quote name='Malice']Well, I was hoping for an answer from someone who has experienced this first hand, instead of being jerked around by CS. But, fair enough. I'll contact Amazon about it. If anybody wants to answer my question though, feel free and thanks.[/quote]

most people here dont use bill pay so you'd certainly be better off contacting a CSR. Im pretty sure you should of saw the discount right away though regardless of the fact that it was a preorder.

[quote name='qwerty1']I really doubt it wont come earlier, they are usually overly generous on their estimates because they want you to pay for shipping. However if you dont want to wait probably best to cancel. Many items i've ordered often take 7-10 days on free shipping if they dont happen to ship from a nearby state.

And i dont mean to sound like a dick but dude, just cause you're impatient and cant wait a possible few weeks doesnt mean this isnt a deal. A true CAG can handle the thought of getting a game a few weeks after release if they save $5 or $10 bucks. So speak for yourself.[/QUOTE]

Well, you do sound like a dick.

You can get it off Steam for $45 or other retailers offering a $5 discount for preordering and get the game on its release for that much, or potentially wait 2 more weeks to play the game and only save $5 more dollars. To me $5 isnt worth the wait. But then again maybe amazon will come through and ship sooner, though its either hit or miss with them for me.

[quote name='channelx99']Well, you do sound like a dick.

You can get it off Steam for $45 or other retailers offering a $5 discount for preordering and get the game on its release for that much, or potentially wait 2 more weeks to play the game and only save $5 more dollars. To me $5 isnt worth the wait. But then again maybe amazon will come through and ship sooner, though its either hit or miss with them for me.[/quote]

And you sounded like you were making a universal statement by saying "Not a deal at all if you have to wait that long". Remember where you are. :lol:. And for all anyone knew you could of been talking about the 360 version which you'd be hard pressed to find for the price amazon is offering it for before the holidays are done. So perhaps a poor choice of words on your part? All the same waiting a couple weeks to save 5 bucks isnt the end of the world and certainly doesnt disqualify the savings.

pre ordered mine. came to $48.99 with free super shipping option. i played the demo and had a blast, gonna be sweet jumping into the full game.

MIne shipped today, I got the email tonight I bet I get it by Tues. Or Wens. I used free too.Good deal. I can't wait, I went 360 cause the demo stuttered a bit on my PC but 360 it was smooth as buttter.

I wish they'd port it to PS3.... not because I'm a fanboy, but because my real-world friends have PS3s. Still debating whether to buy it (for 360.... I'm a Mac user). Had fun with the demo just a few minutes ago. Good price here on Amazon though. Thanks.

[quote name='PrarieD0G']If your PC can handle it, I think it's a no-brainer. Most Valve games are best when played on the PC (take the Orange Box for example). Unless you are an achievement freak, PC is the way to go.

My dilemma is a little more complicated though. My laptop can't handle it (at college), but my desktop (at home) can. I have my 360 at college... but I feel like I would enjoy it more on the PC... I don't know.[/quote]

With a FPS there should be no doubt in your mind when choosing which platform to choose it on...PC.

Also just to let you know, there will be achievements on the PC version as well.

[quote name='mkernan']I wish they'd port it to PS3.... not because I'm a fanboy, but because my real-world friends have PS3s. Still debating whether to buy it (for 360.... I'm a Mac user). Had fun with the demo just a few minutes ago. Good price here on Amazon though. Thanks.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I'm a mac user as well, but this really pushed me to install Boot Camp on my computer. The demo flies on my 24" iMac (2.4 GHz). The only thing from keeping me from getting it for the PC is that the split-screen co-op mode that I can enjoy with my girlfriend. Decisions, decisions.

I've got two day shipping through prime trial. It's shipping soon today. Think amazon is trying to get it people at the target release date. Possibly getting the game a day late is worth the $18 I saved.

[quote name='Z(+)DIAC']With a FPS there should be no doubt in your mind when choosing which platform to choose it on...PC.

Also just to let you know, there will be achievements on the PC version as well.[/quote]

I figure I will pick up the the PC version on sale soon for 29.99 or less once the hype dies down it will be be had at 19.99 maybe even on BF.

Items shipped on November 15, 2008: Yay!
arrow_subordinate._V47081670_.gif
Delivery estimate: November 21, 2008 Boo!

dont think mine is going to ship until the 24th or so. looks like they're going to bundle it with TR Underworld. Oh well cant complain.

Weird, my L4D is still in the "We are preparing these items for shipment and this portion of your order cannot be canceled or changed." state since Friday.

Ordered with a GC for $39 (damn you tax!). I have no idea how long I'll end up playing the game but it feels nice getting a new game for under $40. Shipping says I should have it by the 20th (or 19th?), but that's usually an overestimation...

I don't get the appeal of this game ? Run from point A to Point B shoot Zombies.

theres no real skill or mastery no real sense of accomplishment or ownage that you dominated the game.

I tried the DEMO it was impressive how it can throw 200 zombies at you with no slow down.

I love all things Zombie but L4D seems like a bunch of over blown hype much like Wii Fit or Super Smash Brother Brawl.

[quote name='Ice Cold']I don't get the appeal of this game ? Run from point A to Point B shoot Zombies.

theres no real skill or mastery no real sense of accomplishment or ownage that you dominated the game.

I tried the DEMO it was impressive how it can throw 200 zombies at you with no slow down.

I love all things Zombie but L4D seems like a bunch of over blown hype much like Wii Fit or Super Smash Brother Brawl.[/quote]

I couldn't disagree more. I have never played a demo so many times. Not sure if you are playing with friends but the sense of surprise every time you are taken down by an enemy and have to count on a friend to bring you back to life is awesome.

Granted this game certainly isn't for everyone but I can not wait to get my hands on it.

[quote name='miqspot']I couldn't disagree more. I have never played a demo so many times. Not sure if you are playing with friends but the sense of surprise every time you are taken down by an enemy and have to count on a friend to bring you back to life is awesome.

Granted this game certainly isn't for everyone but I can not wait to get my hands on it.[/QUOTE]

agreed, instead of playing tf2 or something, my friends and i have ran through this demo who knows how many times now, i think the game is definitely worth it.

mine wont be shipping until the 24th because i opted for free shipping. im fine with that though i still have gears 2 on my plate.

[quote name='sublime90']mine wont be shipping until the 24th because i opted for free shipping. im fine with that though i still have gears 2 on my plate.[/QUOTE]

I opted for free shipping myself and the game was shipped today! Whats even better is the game is shipping from a facility that is an hour a way from me. I'll have this game by Tuesday!!! (sorry to rub it in ;) )

thanks for the heads up on this deal OP

Pleasantly surprise my ordered shipped today. I got free shipping and they estimated it would ship on the 24th (I figured it would ship out end of the week). I might actually get this on Wednesday now which is pretty cool.

Ordered the PC version BTW. Also, it seems when I switched the credit card on my order a few weeks back, it took another $5 off (ordered when it was $36.99) so I got it for $31.99 shipped. Sweetness.

[quote name='V878']Pleasantly surprise my ordered shipped today. I got free shipping and they estimated it would ship on the 24th (I figured it would ship out end of the week). I might actually get this on Wednesday now which is pretty cool.

Ordered the PC version BTW. Also, it seems when I switched the credit card on my order a few weeks back, it took another $5 off (ordered when it was $36.99) so I got it for $31.99 shipped. Sweetness.[/quote]

Heh thanks for the tip you just saved me 5 bucks. The older orders never had the $5 off promotion applied so it retroacts when you change your payment type. L4D total is now 31.99. :bouncy:

[quote name='V878']Pleasantly surprise my ordered shipped today. I got free shipping and they estimated it would ship on the 24th (I figured it would ship out end of the week). I might actually get this on Wednesday now which is pretty cool.

Ordered the PC version BTW. Also, it seems when I switched the credit card on my order a few weeks back, it took another $5 off (ordered when it was $36.99) so I got it for $31.99 shipped. Sweetness.[/quote]

Weird, it seems like people who opted for free shipping are getting their games shipped. I have prime and even though I preordered in September, my game still hasn't gotten into the shipping process yet (can still cancel order), though my estimated delivery date is the 20th. I just don't get Amazon sometimes....

[quote name='razgriz417']Weird, it seems like people who opted for free shipping are getting their games shipped. I have prime and even though I preordered in September, my game still hasn't gotten into the shipping process yet (can still cancel order), though my estimated delivery date is the 20th. I just don't get Amazon sometimes....[/quote]

Change your payment type back and fourth and you should get a $5 off promotion to register if you ordered before around the time this thread started. If you do you'll have a reason to be happy that it hasnt shipped yet.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='razgriz417']Weird, it seems like people who opted for free shipping are getting their games shipped. I have prime and even though I preordered in September, my game still hasn't gotten into the shipping process yet (can still cancel order), though my estimated delivery date is the 20th. I just don't get Amazon sometimes....[/quote]
Mine shipped with 2 day Prime. Unfortunately they sent it ground which will take forever to get to me :(

[quote name='qwerty1']Change your payment type back and fourth and you should get a $5 off promotion to register. If you do you'll have a reason to be happy that it hasnt shipped yet.[/QUOTE]
Damn, mine says it's just about to be shipped and I can't edit the order otherwise I'd try and see if that would throw some extra discountage my way :cool:

[quote name='qwerty1']Change your payment type back and fourth and you should get a $5 off promotion to register if you ordered before around the time this thread started. If you do you'll have a reason to be happy that it hasnt shipped yet.[/quote]
thx for the tip but it was added when i put a $10 gc i got for getting r2 in, im now only being charged $21.99 :bouncy: I really don't mind the wait just curious how their system works

[quote name='qwerty1']Change your payment type back and fourth and you should get a $5 off promotion to register if you ordered before around the time this thread started. If you do you'll have a reason to be happy that it hasnt shipped yet.[/quote]

Nice. I feel bad I didn't post this earlier to help more CAG's but I didn't even notice I got $5 off until I got the shipping email today. Then I saw my email from changing CC's and saw it applied there.

I can't get the 360 version down to $48 like some here can. It is stuck at $53.99. I would really like that extra $5, especially considering the 360 version may get screwed when it comes to DLC because of MS authoritarian ways.

Probably already mentioned in this thread, but according to amazon customer service, promotions DON'T STACK. I had a hellacious time trying to figure out why the Bill Me Later promotion didn't work with the instant $5 off (especially since I pre-ordered before the $5 off, and was trying to get them to retroactively change my pre-order price) and eventually got a final word that you can't combine promotions.

This game is so over hyped. The graphics and the engine are both outdated. Only reason why this game is even worth playing is the concept but this is far from a AAA game. Shame on Valve.

[quote name='freshzen']This game is so over hyped. The graphics and the engine are both outdated. Only reason why this game is even worth playing is the concept but this is far from a AAA game. Shame on Valve.[/quote]

I played the demo and it looks just fine to me. Nowhere did I look at something and remark that it looks fake. Are there really so many games that look markedly better?

For me, this game was not hyped at all until the demo came out. Once it did, all the podcasters fell in love with it.
So I gave it a shot and thought it was fantastic.
For me the quality of a demo can sell a game, and if I can get it cheap enough I am certainly sold.
Although I may wait for the target clearance isle instead of amazon.

[quote name='freshzen']This game is so over hyped. The graphics and the engine are both outdated. Only reason why this game is even worth playing is the concept but this is far from a AAA game. Shame on Valve.[/QUOTE]

c'mon... source engine is old, but the reason they are still using it is because it's extremely scalable. also, who cares about the goddamn engine. The game is fun to play, and I think thats reason enough to play a game.

[quote name='freshzen']This game is so over hyped. The graphics and the engine are both outdated. Only reason why this game is even worth playing is the concept but this is far from a AAA game. Shame on Valve.[/quote]

Go back to your console and praising each wave of airbushed screenshots as the second coming with the other lemmings, your critique is skin deep and as a result valueless.

And here I didn't think the game was hyped much at all. Guess I'm not watching the same shows, listening to the same podcasts, or reading the same websites.

[quote name='freshzen']This game is so over hyped. The graphics and the engine are both outdated. Only reason why this game is even worth playing is the concept but this is far from a AAA game. Shame on Valve.[/QUOTE]

Right, because a games fun factor is based on graphics. I mean look how bad Megaman 9 sold.

Shame on you new console kids.

I pulled my amazon pre-order after playing the demo. Not only does the game look bad graphically, but I found it very un-fun to play and extremely repetitive. You have to move through it rather quickly, because if you go too slow they throw the badder zombies at you as punishment. It's just pray and spray once a big horde is on you and I found the demo took very little skill. Playing with 3 other people instead of bots seemed to be even worse. Thankfully, that demo saved me from making the mistake of buying L4D. Maybe once it hits sub-20 dollars I MIGHT check it out.

[quote name='mang9432']c'mon... source engine is old, but the reason they are still using it is because it's extremely scalable. also, who cares about the goddamn engine. The game is fun to play, and I think thats reason enough to play a game.[/quote]

I agree the game is very fun and graphics really don't matter but this isn't the same old Source engine from Half Life 2. They have tweaked it a ton since then. Go back and play HL2 on max settings and compare it to L4D on max settings. The graphics have greatly improved. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Source_engine for more info.

bread's done
Back