Legend of Heroes VI: Trails in the Sky (TitS!) - Out now!

Final Chapter is well underway now. Might finish it this weekend.

Gold was an issue for me in the Prologue and Chapter 1, but after that I didn't have many issues.

I didn't buy any equipment in the Prologue actually. I held off for Chapter 1, which may have been way I didn't have money issues in Chapter 1.

[quote name='Reno Takamiya']Gold hasn't really been a problem for me.
I have a question does anyone know when the next one is coming out?[/QUOTE]

so far we know that it is not coming out this year

[quote name='62t']so far we know that it is not coming out this year[/QUOTE]

Is is the same characters or different ones? Like is the main character different?

@Everyone Does anyone know what it trades in for Gamestop?

[quote name='Reno Takamiya']Is is the same characters or different ones? Like is the main character different?

@Everyone Does anyone know what it trades in for Gamestop?[/QUOTE]

same main character in part 2. They return in part 3, but there is a new main character instead

You still have several hours of the game left, don't worry. :lol:

Though I guess I'll be curious to hear your thoughts on the game. I assume you'll bring up that the game has a lot of text and that the story takes a bit to pick up as those are more facts than opinions.

So I'm on the final chapter and I'm going to go get Zane so I can be apart of his team in the arena. Is there anything I should do before I go to the arena?
Joshua and Estelle are both 24 I've bought all of the equipment I can.
Is there any items I should be getting updating my quartz etc?

Also in Grancel are there ever any requests on the board?
What level were you when you faced Carna and the others in the arena?

Just bought this game. I'm in the prologue right now doing various bracer quests. I really like it so far. Much better than I thought. It has a lot of dialogue like people said but I think it's really well done.

My only disappointments so far are that
1( It's on PSP & the graphics took quite a hit going from the PC version (although if you only play on the tiny PSP screen you may not notice)

2) There's no defend option! The closest I have is to move away...but I can live with that :)

Anyway good game...maybe great game..we'll see. Any chance the sequals will come out for NGP or will it have to stay on PSP?

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Reno Takamiya']So I'm on the final chapter and
I'm going to go get Zane so I can be apart of his team in the arena. Is there anything I should do before I go to the arena?
Joshua and Estelle are both 24 I've bought all of the equipment I can.
Is there any items I should be getting updating my quartz etc?

Also in Grancel are there ever any requests on the board?
What level were you when you faced Carna and the others in the arena?
[/QUOTE]

You should probably spoiler some of this stuff as a 'just in case' precaution. Anyways, I'll try to answer what I can:

1 & 2)
You can grind or buy equipment. I did both, but I don't remember what level I was. Pretty much all of my stuff was level 3 or was special/had no tier.

3)
I never saw any and I checked after every story event.

4)
No clue. I ended the game at level 36 I think. I may have been in my upper 20's then. After each arena match, you get new areas to explore/grind. So save before you go in and give it a shot and if not, grind some.

[quote name='EverNight']Just bought this game. I'm in the prologue right now doing various bracer quests. I really like it so far. Much better than I thought. It has a lot of dialogue like people said but I think it's really well done.

My only disappointments so far are that
1( It's on PSP & the graphics took quite a hit going from the PC version (although if you only play on the tiny PSP screen you may not notice)

2) There's no defend option! The closest I have is to move away...but I can live with that :)

Anyway good game...maybe great game..we'll see. Any chance the sequals will come out for NGP or will it have to stay on PSP?[/QUOTE]

2) I wouldn't bother moving away in a majority of cases. It wastes too much to do too little.

And we *should* see it on the PSP. XSeed (Well, one of their translators) said the game sold "well" which is a good sign. They (XSeed & Falcom) are having issues trying to figure out how they're going to put the second game on PSN. If they manage to solve this hurdle, the digital copy will be playable on the NGP if it releases on the PSP. However they said that if they have to they will look into releasing it on the NGP if the PSP has more or less phased out in North America. Well, not the exact words but more or less what they said.

EDIT: Didn't complete a sentence apparently.

I don't think a stretched resolution will make much of a difference. Unless XSeed could somehow secure slightly higher resolution textures from the PC version through Falcom. Very doubtful though.

I would prefer to keep it on the PSP. I have no plans to buy the NGP for quite some time. Cost is way too high for me to even consider it.

Beat the game last night, finished watching the ending this morning (it was late!).

Some random thoughts in bullet point:
-Game was way too easy for the most part. Only hard times were in the beginning when you only had 2 people and had some difficult monster exterminations. Once you get more people it gets ridiculously easy. Even the final boss was easy. After a while I just completely stopped fighting regular encounters in the game because I didn't get much EXP, no money, and they were just a waste of time. I never had problems doing this. Even in the final dungeon the toughest enemies weren't hard, they just had a lot of HP so they took a while to kill.

-Way too much dialogue in this game. Xseed did a great job with localization but they had TOO much to work with in this game. Hell, I would have been in favor of them decreasing the amount of text in the game. It's just too much, not much of it is very interesting and it's repetitive.

-Too much animu.
A play, cross-dressing, maid cross-dressing, hot springs, psuedo-incest, you name it, it's in this game.

-You really need to follow a guide to get a lot of things in this game. I don't mind using a guide but if you feel using a guide is shameful, you'll miss out on a lot of stuff because it's so needlessly time sensitive.

-The multitude of quests means the story moves very slowly, when it's a slow burn as it is.

-Like one review I read said, the game brings nothing new to the table. It's a decent ride, but there is nothing here you haven't seen before, generally done better.

There was one particular chest encounter 'group' in the final dungeon that actually posed a pretty decent challenge unless I used a special. I had the 'no battles' orbment on me, which is rather nice, but it won't get rid of chest encounters. Though I skip battles pretty frequently in RPGs anyways. Outside of that, yeah, it wasn't difficult for me either. Although the final boss did almost kill me at one point.

And I actually liked the first thing you put in the spoiler tag. It was refreshing to see one that was actually played out instead of having it skip around or short and feel like a complete waste of time. Though I find the non-battle in-game fight scenes pretty amusing in general. Especially with sprites involved.

As for the guide, I don't really feel it's needed outside of maybe a few missable quests that you don't get on the boards. Even then that's only if you go for 100%, which nets you the highest rank and gives you a bonus for transferring your save to the next game.

Though in the end, did you get any enjoyment out of it? I would like to think so since you did play such a long game to the end, lol. What was your final play time anyways? And I have to ask... did you see the post-game stuff coming?

[quote name='Draekon']
As for the guide, I don't really feel it's needed outside of maybe a few missable quests that you don't get on the boards. Even then that's only if you go for 100%, which nets you the highest rank and gives you a bonus for transferring your save to the next game.

Though in the end, did you get any enjoyment out of it? I would like to think so since you did play such a long game to the end, lol. What was your final play time anyways? And I have to ask... did you see the post-game stuff coming?[/QUOTE]

If you want to have ANY hope of getting the best weapon, you NEED a guide. That was the main thing I was referring to. The window to get the items required is absurd. However, at the very least they aren't much of an upgrade from the 2nd best. It's almost not even worth the trouble.

Yeah, I enjoyed it a bit. I have played shitty, shorter games through all the way to the end (Sands of Destruction for example), but this was a long game, and I wouldn't have beaten it if I didn't get any enjoyment from it. My clock was a bit under 80 hours, but again, a large portion of that was idling.

And I got spoilered on a good portion of the ending stuff
mainly Alba being a bad guy and Joshua being an elite fighter, though not the specifics of those
. Honestly
I really enjoyed the romantic stuff between Joshua and Estelle at the end, but throughout the game, it was mostly one-sided. Joshua didn't show his feelings much at all. Which made his confession and final acts a bit unbelievable. They were really powerful, but I felt like his side of the relationship wasn't built up enough.

I am selling/trading this game, but I will probably pick the second one up. This game was enjoyable in the end, but a bit of slog, so I don't see myself playing through it again.

So I just beat the arena only took me two days.
It was really fun though. I though I was going to lose again'st the Special Ops battle though because there leader kept using body split I'm like oh crap if there as tough as the original im in trouble well they turned out to be weak. :drool: Well now I'm off to the castle are there any battles should be leveling up for? Joshua and Estelle are both 29.
I was hoping for a lot of EXPerience from monsters in this battle turned out to be wrong only about 150 from a boss battle or a guild job.
Other then that it's been a fun game. I played 2 of the first 3 but I never beat them so I gave up. I want to play the 3rd one though has anyone played it?

I hope the second one comes out sooner then later I really want to play a game like this again are they any you would recommend?

Now here's a question about the next two games does any of them have Adol from the YS Series if so then that one looks better then the first.

[quote name='Dead of Knight']And I got spoilered on a good portion of the ending stuff
mainly Alba being a bad guy and Joshua being an elite fighter, though not the specifics of those
. Honestly
I really enjoyed the romantic stuff between Joshua and Estelle at the end, but throughout the game, it was mostly one-sided. Joshua didn't show his feelings much at all. Which made his confession and final acts a bit unbelievable. They were really powerful, but I felt like his side of the relationship wasn't built up enough.
[/QUOTE]

Ouch that sucks. Glad to hear you enjoyed that part though. I wonder if the reason why
Joshua felt less believable was because the monologue focused more on Estelle than it did Joshua. Obviously they could have added it, but I didn't feel probably as strongly as you did regarding it. Wonder if it's because I'm a guy and can probably relate slightly more to him.

Well I beat the game I have to say it was a really good game.
I didn't really mind all the dialogue I had no problems with it.
The only problem I did have was that the games needed some tutorials.
I knew something was up with Professor
Alba though but I didn't know he was the one changing everyone's memories.
I don't see how it can be incest between Estelle and Joshua though seeing as they aren't really relatives Joshua didn't really know the truth about him so he was just saying he was adopted because he didn't want to be found out.

Anyways could someone tell me what the special characters are in the next game?

You should really add that one word into spoilers. Anyone with an ounce of deductive abilities can easily figure out who you're referring to.

And the questions you keep asking, nobody here probably knows.

I have to agree with DoK. The battles are pretty easy, although you really have to watch your HP and keep it topped off because monsters can mob one pt. member.

The rewards in XP and money or whatever it is is pretty minimal except on boss fights.

I'm kind of getting sick of this game, but I always do at the 20 hour mark of just about every RPG I play.

Played some more of this game, about 26 hours and after taking a break, I'm enjoying it quite a bit. Some of the boss fights are pretty challenging, especially the
large penguin guarding the moss.

It's pretty pathetic how little crystals and xp you get from fighting. Grinding isn't even worth it.

[quote name='2DMention']Played some more of this game, about 26 hours and after taking a break, I'm enjoying it quite a bit. Some of the boss fights are pretty challenging, especially the
large penguin guarding the moss.

It's pretty pathetic how little crystals and xp you get from fighting. Grinding isn't even worth it.[/QUOTE]

There is no point in Grinding in this game. The only point is when you're facing off in the arena. Other then that it's not really necessary.

I'm at the last area battle. Had a very hard time and barely beat the 2nd round. What lvl should I be at during the final arena match? How much of the game do I have left to go?

You still have maybe
5 hours
left after that? As for the level you need to be, go train in the latest place that opened up for you. You level up in there pretty quickly. Other options are making sure you're upgraded with gear from the town.

Ok, the
Sewers are a real pain in the ass. First off, it's backtracking. Second off, the map has no correlation to the sewers whatsoever, and it doesn't show where you are on the map. And you're supposed to find a specific spot to search for? Christ.

[quote name='2DMention']Ok, the
Sewers are a real pain in the ass. First off, it's backtracking. Second off, the map has no correlation to the sewers whatsoever, and it doesn't show where you are on the map. And you're supposed to find a specific spot to search for? Christ.
[/QUOTE]

www.gamefaqs.com

Right, DoK. I used it and made it past it.

I'm assuming I'm at the last dungeon where
you split into 2 groups. Please tell me you don't have to go through it with characters you haven't used in ages

[quote name='2DMention']Right, DoK. I used it and made it past it.

I'm assuming I'm at the last dungeon where
you split into 2 groups. Please tell me you don't have to go through it with characters you haven't used in ages
[/QUOTE]

No you
get to use whoever the fuck you want.

Im like 2 hours in, please tell me it picks up it pace.It is kinda slow to me but it is fun and im hoping it gets better as ive heard good things about this game.

Really liking this game.
13 hours to beat the prolouge but i enjoyed it.
I beay all the quest and tried to open a bunch of slots

bread's done
Back