Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess free (or discounted!) at EBGames with trade-ins

masterh

CAGiversary!
Feedback
35 (100%)
For those of you who aren't reading every page of the Nintendogs trade-in topic, EBGames has started a new deal today - trade in any 5 PS2, XBOX, and GC titles (POX excluded) and get Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess preordered for free.

UPDATED: According to the EBGames clerk, this deal will not expire until Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess is released.
IN ADDITION, the clerk told me that you don't have to have 5 games to get the discount - basically, ANY non-POX title you trade in will get you $10 off the game. So if you only have two non-POX titles, you get $20 off.

[quote name='masterh'] trade in any 5 PS2, XBOX, and GC titles (POX excluded) ...[/QUOTE]

I can imagine the POX list is quite long and distinguished at this point. :D

Nice! there's a few that can be used that sell for $5 at Best Buy.

[quote name='MaxBiaggi2']I can imagine the POX list is quite long and distinguished at this point. :D[/QUOTE]

The POX list will be nothing different then what is being used for the Madden, Nascar, etc deal.

Ok, maybe they will add or take out a few games, but it's just standard operation. it's not like EB is quickly going to turn everything POX just because of one new promotion.

With that said...now to find 5 PO games :)

If someone could make a list of a couple cheap, easy to find games that are not POX, that would be great. I have some like XIII and Mad Maestro, but I'm sure those are POX at this point.

There used to be a long list of POX games on one of the boards here. If anyone can locate it that'd be sweet. If it's still even here.

[quote name='aaa']Good deal, but I was pretty happy with getting it for $11 OOP at GR.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I got extra credit sitting around GR waiting for my next preorder, but I wouldn't mind getting X-Men Legends 2 and Lockdown preordered (one is just about ready to go, but it'd be a while for the other one). So I might see what I can find that's PO to get Zelda and switch my GR preorder to one of the other two.

These "deals" are always more effort than they are worth... unless you have 5 crappy games you will never play again just lying around...

[quote name='javeryh']These "deals" are always more effort than they are worth... unless you have 5 crappy games you will never play again just lying around...[/QUOTE]

Depends on how much you value your effort... getting a game half off (if you can find $5 PO games) at launch isn't too shabby, since usually a good game won't drop to $20 for quite a few months.

[quote name='botticus']Depends on how much you value your effort... getting a game half off (if you can find $5 PO games) at launch isn't too shabby, since usually a good game won't drop to $20 for quite a few months.[/QUOTE]

Time is money. If it takes more than 5 minutes of ordering cheap games online to trade in or maybe making one trip to a store for cheap games then it's definitely not worth it, IMO. I'd rather have that free hour of time than $50 any day of the week.

[quote name='lionheart4life']If someone could make a list of a couple cheap, easy to find games that are not POX, that would be great. I have some like XIII and Mad Maestro, but I'm sure those are POX at this point.[/QUOTE]

$5 at Best buy after coupon (all are PO at EB)

Bad Boys
Max Payne 2
Calbela's Big Game Hunter
Conflict Desert Storm
Beyond Good and Evil

Xbox
Crash 'n' Burn is $4.99

And Turok evolution (ps2) is PO now, should be able to find that cheap in a pawn shop or something.

And if all your games are POX, there's also 15000 bonus points (a $5 reward) for preordering it at BB. And I'm sure other deals will surface, too.

Hmm. I could probably use some games from Best Buy for this, but it doesn't sound like this is for the Limited Edition. And if it's not the limited edition, I'll have to pass.

Too bad that list cuts short on most of the PS2 games.

These sound like good deals, but I'm always afraid I'll buy some crappy game for trade-in value, and then end up getting stuck with it.

Some game suggestions would be useful.

Why not pay this in full in the trade ins, put $5 down to guarantee the Limited Edition as well, then cancel the normal version and put the credit towards the LE once the game comes out. It'll only be another $5.

[quote name='suko_32']What's the LE and normal edition differences?[/QUOTE]

The normal one is cel-shaded and the LE is not. Oh, and the LE is way more fun to play because it has all the dungeons. In the regular version, dungeon 3 is completely left out making the game inpossible to finish because you need the raft to get to level 4 and it's hidden in level 3.

[quote name='suko_32']What's the LE and normal edition differences?[/QUOTE]
No ones knows yet. It's a secret!

...probably extra packaging goodies, though.

[quote name='javeryh']The normal one is cel-shaded and the LE is not. Oh, and the LE is way more fun to play because it has all the dungeons. In the regular version, dungeon 3 is completely left out making the game inpossible to finish because you need the raft to get to level 4 and it's hidden in level 3.[/QUOTE]

:lol:

[quote name='CoffeeEdge']Hmm. I could probably use some games from Best Buy for this, but it doesn't sound like this is for the Limited Edition. And if it's not the limited edition, I'll have to pass.[/QUOTE]

I haven't even seen any remotely official word regarding a Limited Edition... other than a few questions about the possibility on some message boards. So I'll stick with the version we do know exists.

And who are we kidding anyway... with the backlog of games everyone here has, there's no time for making-of DVDs or whatever.

Once vietgurl gets the newest POX list up, I'm planning on getting $25 worth of games from BB to trade in. Though the Green Tag at TRU will be down to 50% in two weeks, would think the deal would still be active then. Plenty more $10 games to purchase at $5 without the hassle of a coupon that cashiers don't like.

Yeah, Koji himself said there would be a limited edition for the fans.:) WIth only four more months until release, I'm sure they'll spill the beans soon.

[quote name='javeryh']In the regular version, dungeon 3 is completely left out making the game inpossible to finish because you need the raft to get to level 4 and it's hidden in level 3.[/QUOTE]

It's a trap!

[quote name='Vinny']Good deal but I'm waiting for the Limited Edition.

Or better yet, a Twilight Princess GC bundle.[/QUOTE]
not interested in a bundle but defenitely with you on that LE version :bouncy:

[quote name='javeryh']The normal one is cel-shaded and the LE is not. Oh, and the LE is way more fun to play because it has all the dungeons. In the regular version, dungeon 3 is completely left out making the game inpossible to finish because you need the raft to get to level 4 and it's hidden in level 3.[/QUOTE]

OMG!!OMG!OMGMOGMGOMG!!!MUSTGETLECAUSECELLSHADINGSUCKS!!!.....j/k, don't try to read that.

I hope it includes something nice.

[quote name='Vinny']Yeah, Koji himself said there would be a limited edition for the fans.:) WIth only four more months until release, I'm sure they'll spill the beans soon.[/QUOTE]
In that case... does anyone know when the EB deal will end? I can just sit around with my GR preorder until we know if the LE is coming out (and more imporantly, what it includes) and how that will affect the preorders, go from there. Only problem is the other two games I want to preorder from GR come out next month...

[quote name='Scahom1']Why not pay this in full in the trade ins, put $5 down to guarantee the Limited Edition as well, then cancel the normal version and put the credit towards the LE once the game comes out. It'll only be another $5.[/QUOTE]

So EB will let you do this? If so, sign me up!

I'm assuming that the POX list from the recent GT4 deal is still valid (though I heard that the Metal Arms game was added to the POX list)?

5 games is too many to risk buying games that they might put on the POX list.......... I'm sure as the release date gets closer there will be deals for $37 at Outpost or something like that.....

[quote name='bostonfrontier']5 games is too many to risk buying games that they might put on the POX list.......... I'm sure as the release date gets closer there will be deals for $37 at Outpost or something like that.....[/QUOTE]

Thats why I call in advance (like a half hour in advance) and make them verify each game I have before I crack the seal on it, even though they're like "oh, it's only really old games and old sports game" - right.

Frankly, I don't think I'm gonna bother with this, unless I stumble upon some really cheap PO games in the next month or so... I got it for less cash at GR, and I really only need X-Men 2 as my other preorder. Lockdown can wait for a deal, I suppose. Haven't really had my R6 fix since Rogue Spear, but I have R6 3 from CC to tide me over.

[quote name='MaxBiaggi2']I can imagine the POX list is quite long and distinguished at this point. :D[/QUOTE]

So's my johnson!

Heh, the question now is, would my fiancee's cousin mind if I traded in a few of the games he loaned me 6 months ago and has probably forgotten about now?

[quote name='javeryh']Time is money. If it takes more than 5 minutes of ordering cheap games online to trade in or maybe making one trip to a store for cheap games then it's definitely not worth it, IMO. I'd rather have that free hour of time than $50 any day of the week.[/QUOTE]

Totally agree with you, some people on this site make a living of flipping, and all that crazy stuff. I'd much rather spend a little less money on one of my many other vices, and just pay the $50 opposed to driving ten miles in each direction from game store to game store looking for cheap games so I can trade them in to get another. Not worth the time, gas, and effort to save $20 in my opinion.

I would pay $100 for Twilight Princess

But with this deal I'll take advantage of it, if I still have any sellable games left...

[quote name='Chris in Cali']Totally agree with you, some people on this site make a living of flipping, and all that crazy stuff. I'd much rather spend a little less money on one of my many other vices, and just pay the $50 opposed to driving ten miles in each direction from game store to game store looking for cheap games so I can trade them in to get another. Not worth the time, gas, and effort to save $20 in my opinion.[/QUOTE]

Well, yeah, thats why my desire for this deal is dropping rapidly... it was quick and dirty to get 3 cheap PO games from BB to get GT4, but 5.... that would be require effort. So unless I can buy these 5 games off my cousin-in-law-to-be for, oh, $20 or so (2 or 3 of which I will trade immediately) I'm not gonna bother.

[quote name='encendido5']So these lists aren't updated? If so, there aren't many GCN games that are POX..

http://www.ebgames.com/ebx/ebtrade/exclusions/ps2.asp
http://www.ebgames.com/ebx/ebtrade/exclusions/gc.asp
http://www.ebgames.com/ebx/ebtrade/exclusions/xb.asp[/QUOTE]

Man, these look very, very old . . . Halo 2 deal . . . these could even be from when they used to take tradeins via mail.

I did 5 games for Ninja Gaiden (no exclusions) then you could get a $10 voucher with the preorder of the game . . . it was sweet.

As far as risk, my store is cool but I bring games in sealed and if they are POX, I can return them . . . they just open them before putting them out.

[quote name='lionheart4life']If someone could make a list of a couple cheap, easy to find games that are not POX, that would be great. I have some like XIII and Mad Maestro, but I'm sure those are POX at this point.[/QUOTE]

I agree. THis would help out a lot!

everyone is mentioning Best Buy for cheap games, but don't forget blockbuster! With their b2g1 deals going you can score some real cheap PO games. Syphon Filter and Enter the Matrix are almost always instock and both are PO. Plus they give some good trade on newer games, so you don't have to pay money out of pocket, unlike Best Buy.

bread's done
Back