Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess free (or discounted!) at EBGames with trade-ins

masterh

CAGiversary!
Feedback
35 (100%)
For those of you who aren't reading every page of the Nintendogs trade-in topic, EBGames has started a new deal today - trade in any 5 PS2, XBOX, and GC titles (POX excluded) and get Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess preordered for free.

UPDATED: According to the EBGames clerk, this deal will not expire until Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess is released.
IN ADDITION, the clerk told me that you don't have to have 5 games to get the discount - basically, ANY non-POX title you trade in will get you $10 off the game. So if you only have two non-POX titles, you get $20 off.

[quote name='fivecardstud']everyone is mentioning Best Buy for cheap games, but don't forget blockbuster! With their b2g1 deals going you can score some real cheap PO games. Syphon Filter and Enter the Matrix are almost always instock and both are PO. Plus they give some good trade on newer games, so you don't have to pay money out of pocket, unlike Best Buy.[/QUOTE]

Eh... no claims anyone makes about stock can be extended to my stores, it seems. BB is the longest standing out of all of them, so its not horrible, and my closest GR (20-30 min drive) has awful selection, generally speaking. Especially cheap. If not for the PS2 coupon, I wouldn't say BB was all that cheap either...

Edit:
Just had a thought: Does anyone know if this is a "must trade 5 for $50 credit" or might it be like the current EB trade-in offers, where it's "trade in up to 5 for $10 each"?

Does anyone know any place that has pre-order bonuses? I have it pre-order at GameStop already.

EDIT: Missed the post above me. So rather, any national chains with pre-order bonuses?

[quote name='Requiem']I would pay $100 for Twilight Princess.[/QUOTE]

I wouldn't. I learned my lesson on Windwaker. Even though I got the Ocarina Master Quest disc with it, it still wasn't worth the extra money given that Windwaker dropped to $20 (and $10 at some locations) within a year or two of release. I can wait for a Player's Choice release on this one if the trade-in deal doesn't work out.

[quote name='trunks982']at Nintendo World in NYC, they giving free zelda shirt when preordered.
[/QUOTE]

I think you can also put down $10 as a reserve and get the T-Shirt although I'm not certain.

can the OP, or anyone provide a link to this deal?

I want to call EB up to verify both how long this deal will last (so I can find out what's on the LE and decide if it's worth it or not), and if the games I have are excluded or not.

and I don't want to call up EB and sound like an idiot if they don't know what i'm talking about.

There's no mention of the deal on the EBGames website, but I'll call up my local store tomorrow and ask them when the deal ends.
It's definitely working, though - I went into the store and asked them about the "trade five for Zelda" deal, and while the cashier hadn't heard of it, the computer automatically adjusted all of my trade-in values so that each game was worth $10.
Weirdly enough: they're selling Zelda for $49.99. So when you trade in five games, they give you a penny on an EBGames Edge card. Told him that I didn't care about a penny and he said that the computer wouldn't let him skip the step.

Meh, as others have said, this doesn't seem to be worth the effort. Looking over the exclusion list causes me to realize that a majority of the games that you do see regularly for cheap enough to make this deal worth it are excluded from the offer. These deals really don't lend themselves too well to us CAG's, they're more for the rubes that'll trade 5 games they bought last month and still retail for full price for one free game instead of the 70 dollars in credit they probobly would have gotten otherwise.

[quote name='Chris in Cali']the wolf looks like a bad tribal tattoo, and those went out of style in 1999.[/QUOTE]
Try telling that to everyone I've ever seen that had tattoos.

[quote name='WittyNickname']Well, five dozen posts later, and I STILL don't know what POX means.

Someone help the noob, please?[/QUOTE]

It means the games are not good for the trade in deals.

[quote name='BIG5']The LE has an autographed photo of Miyamoto in a green tunic and tights.[/QUOTE]

/me licks the computer screen

I don't if if its excluded, but say I have R:Racing with the Pac Man Vs. (well, actually, I do), could I trade in one at a time to count it as two?

[quote name='moojuice']I don't if if its excluded, but say I have R:Racing with the Pac Man Vs. (well, actually, I do), could I trade in one at a time to count it as two?[/QUOTE]

even if its not, unless the pac man has its own full sized box they wont accept it as an additional game, may as well just keep it since they probably consider it as a demo disc and not necessary to trade in with the other game.

[quote name='vietgurl']It actually means pre-owned excluded but close enough :)[/QUOTE]

Er, yeah...*scratches head* My mind was in two places there...

I'm guessing Nintendo or most stores stores will probably throw in something for preordering this but I doubt it'll be something as special as the classic Zelda games that came with WW.

I got a couple non-POX games so I may get in on this deal. thx.

[quote name='javeryh']These "deals" are always more effort than they are worth... unless you have 5 crappy games you will never play again just lying around...[/QUOTE]

I was amazed. I looked through my PS2 games and did find 5 crappy non-POX games I will never play again, or miss. Most of them were bought for $10 or less, and several of them qualified for Pricegrabber rebates.

Sweet! Now if only I had a couple more crappy non-POX GBA games...

Preordered Zelda today. Traded in the following:

Fight Club XB
Virtua Fighter Evo
Starsky PS2
BG&E PS2
Strike Force Bowling PS2

Already had Fight Club from some temp $5 sale a while back on EB's site. Got the rest at BB for $5 each after the $5 off coupon. I actually got a cool clerk at BB who let me buy the four games in four different transactions so I could use a coupon for each one. It probably helped that they weren't remotely busy at the time...

It's comforting to know I'll be getting Zelda TP for half off the day it comes out.

-DM

[quote name='MaxBiaggi2']That's not what yo' mamma told me last night! :D[/QUOTE]

Curriculum Vitae

cleaver's Johnson

Acting
Played prosthetic in Baseketball
Played prosthetic in Boogie Nights
Costume Designer for Batman Forever
Stunt Double for Ben Affleck

References
MaxBiaggi2's mom

[quote name='fungaljones']Can you trade in multiple copies of the same game for this deal?[/QUOTE]

Most likely no, unless you find an employee who will allow it.

Do you guys think they'd take the preorder Midway Arcade Treasures 2? I got it for a cent, so getting $10 out of it would rock my socks.

You actually *could* probably trade in multiple copies of the same game if you did it on different days or with different employees. Since every game is $10 off, you could trade in 2-3 games your first trip and then come back in a few days and trade the duplicates. At least, that's how the EBGames clerk explained it to me.

[quote name='MaxBiaggi2']Mom's dead, chump. I guess I'll have to take your word for it. :cry:[/QUOTE]

Well that sucked all the fun out of that one...

[quote name='SDC']Do you guys think they'd take the preorder Midway Arcade Treasures 2? I got it for a cent, so getting $10 out of it would rock my socks.[/QUOTE]

i was able to trade my copy for GT4 with no problems, although I hear that it depends on the employee helping you. I might trade my copy of MAT1 towards Zelda.... hopefully no problems there.

[quote name='grendel19']POX = preowned excluded; preowned games that are excluded from trade in deals[/QUOTE]

Thanks.

[quote name='javeryh']Time is money.....I'd rather have that free hour of time than $50 any day of the week.[/QUOTE]

You'd rather have an hour of free time than 50 bucks.....so in other words, you wouldn't be willing to make $50/hour. Interesting.

[quote name='Blind the Thief']Well that sucked all the fun out of that one...[/QUOTE]

i always say that when ppl i dont really know talk about my mom, makes them feel like a jackass if they believe u

Does anyone know how to go about this? I already have 5 PO games that I'm ready to trade, but when I went to my local EB, they told me that they're aware of it, but it's not official yet. Do I just give them the games to trade, have them all scan it, then ring up the pre-order on the same ticket, just as in GT4? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

[quote name='clariste']You'd rather have an hour of free time than 50 bucks.....so in other words, you wouldn't be willing to make $50/hour. Interesting.[/QUOTE]

Well if i was an anesthesiologist making $100+/ hour...then yes, yes id rather take the hour of time over the $50.

cag1125 - it IS official. My store wasn't even aware of the deal until I told them that it was one of their promotions. If I were you, I'd go back and tell them that you heard that the deal was already active, and if they deny it, ask them to look up the promotion and find out when it begins.
I think that if you gave them all 5 PO games and told them to ring it up under the Twilight Princess pre-order, the computer would automatically give you the full credit - that's the way it worked at the store I visited.

bread's done
Back