LEGO Deals 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
To the new people, you just missed a Toy's R Us sale, BOGO50%. There will have a B2G1 sale in September most likely, and another BOGO50% off sale the second week of Decemebr.

Besides that there are random sets / sales like 20% off this week at Target.

[quote name='bigdaddy']To the new people, you just missed a Toy's R Us sale, BOGO50%. There will have a B2G1 sale in September most likely, and another BOGO50% off sale the second week of Decemebr.

Besides that there are random sets / sales like 20% off this week at Target.[/QUOTE]

so TRU does these fairly regularly then? well ill try and hold until then.

There is a quarterly 30% off coupon off of any one toy at Barnes and Noble. The current one expires in a couple of days, I will post the new one once I get it. Fred Meyer has fairly regular LEGO sales, though less regular this year, and often it can be combined with a 10% off coupon. There are definitely sales for LEGOs, you just have to be patient.

I was at Target and Walmart doing routine shopping and not really any Lego deals...Fireman for 1.74 at Target.

Police Jeep for 2 at Wal-Mart (also had the Mini-Subs for 2), and a beat up Hogwarts Castle for 60 (!!!). I'm a bit wary because the tape is loose and the box is a bit worn but I'll open and inspect for loose/missing pieces over the weekend and see if I need to return it or not.

[quote name='RAMSTORIA']so i randomly bought a lego set just for fun the other day (kingdom set, not sure on the number) for the first time in 15 years (or so?) and i kinda liked it. i'm thinking about going for the whole set; any tips for a newbie as far as storing and keeping sets nice? do you hardcore collectors keep all the boxes instructions etc?

how often to sales pop up? like i said, this was just a whim, so i wasnt really looking for a sale.[/QUOTE]

Crazy. This was me last week during the TRU sale.

I pulled out my old legos (most dated 89 to 95) in an effort to store them better than I had in the past. After putting my old sets together I got the bug and said if they have an AT-AT for Star Wars I will buy. Low and behold they had it and it was bought along with an X-Wing and TIE Defender. Now I am hooked...

The SW Solar Sailer was 28, train track 8 and the Duplo space alien crane is 70% off at $12. All on S@H in case they come back.

[quote name='bigdaddy']The SW Solar Sailer was 28, train track 8 and the Duplo space alien crane is 70% off at $12. All on S@H in case they come back.[/QUOTE]

Were they ever really "in stock" though?

I bought 10 boxes of those tracks a couple months back, 5 to keep and 5 to sell. Sold all 5 boxes for $25 - $30 each which paid for mine, gas for the 100 mile drive, and lunch for the kids and me.

Zurg is still $20...:lol:.

Hi-Res pic of Star Wars advent calender, nothing to exiting other than the Yoda. Borrowed the pic from EB, click link for bigger picture. http://www.eurobricks.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=44510&st=7905&p=975154&#entry975154

c_7958_detail_1.jpg

[quote name='180husher']Were they ever really "in stock" though?

I bought 10 boxes of those tracks a couple months back, 5 to keep and 5 to sell. Sold all 5 boxes for $25 - $30 each which paid for mine, gas for the 100 mile drive, and lunch for the kids and me.

Zurg is still $20...:lol:.[/QUOTE]

I think so, Toys and Bricks reported on it and they normally would ignore it if it was sold out.

Yeah... I noticed. :lol:

And the SW advent calendar is probably the worst set of the year and looks even lamer than the prequels.

[quote name='xycury']You have one hell of a target to let you do that with just the slip

My target requires product with slip[/QUOTE]

Well I still had the sets I had bought from the previous day (the firemen), plus I had just bought a few of the Ninja-Go and AT-STs, so I had the sets with the matching DPCIs/SKUs on me (just not the original ones I had purchased).

I have never, ever seen the Ninjago polybag with the red ninja and I've been to every Target and TRU within 50 miles.

I'm mostly into the minifigs so I like the polybags. Plus, they're cheap enough I can justify picking them up regularly.

I hope the Aliens Conquest and Pharaoh's Quest ones hit soon. I'd also like the PoC one - it's hilarious and that hat is awesome.

[quote name='Broseph']I have never, ever seen the Ninjago polybag with the red ninja and I've been to every Target and TRU within 50 miles.

I'm mostly into the minifigs so I like the polybags. Plus, they're cheap enough I can justify picking them up regularly.

I hope the Aliens Conquest and Pharaoh's Quest ones hit soon. I'd also like the PoC one - it's hilarious and that hat is awesome.[/QUOTE]

My Targets never got in the red ninja turkey dragon set either. Target and TRU gets "exclusive" polybags. The AT-TE is from a few years back so there is a chance we can see it be released at Christmas or next year. Target only gets the bags at holidays.

But in about 2-3 weeks Alien Conquest should start showing up at stores (at least TRU and LEGO Stores) and that has a $5 set with the alien and the soldier which is actually a much better deal than the polybags.

[quote name='bigdaddy']
But in about 2-3 weeks Alien Conquest should start showing up at stores (at least TRU and LEGO Stores) and that has a $5 set with the alien and the soldier which is actually a much better deal than the polybags.[/QUOTE]

You're right - the $5 set is a better deal - but there is a distinct lack of jetpack in that set... I'll be buying both anyhow. :D

Of course. I wasn't trying to convince you to buy by the $5 set instead of the polybag. I was just suggesting that can hold you over until the bag is released. :)

I checked Target today for The Space Police Galactic Enforcer and price is still holding at $50. I followed the markdown lady and had her check it for me but no luck. My store still has over 10 of these. I'll guess I'll try again next week!

To those people inquiring about Lego deals, there are semi-annual clearance deals at Target, Wal-Mart, and Lego Store. Among other sales already mentioned here in the thread. Just keep your eyes on this thread, I know jay has other sites that post deals too but I only frequent this.

Be forewarned, you will get the itch, you really can't help it if you really had a nostalgic feeling about Lego as a kid like most of us here. I went years staying away from Lego to spend at least $2k a year.

For once I won't have to worry about getting my hands on an advent calendar. That Star Wars one looks pretty awful. Except for Santa Yoda heh.

For you Star Wars nuts out there, I just received an email about special offers on S@H on the 3rd and 4th. I wonder what they are going to give away this year, I remember last year was pretty meh for me.

[quote name='skiizim']For you Star Wars nuts out there, I just received an email about special offers on S@H on the 3rd and 4th. I wonder what they are going to give away this year, I remember last year was pretty meh for me.[/QUOTE]

• FREE Shipping on purchases above $75
  • FREE LEGO Shadow ARF-Trooper minifigure with Star Wars purchases above $75
  • FREE LEGO Star Wars poster with any Star Wars purchase
  • Entry to win a 1st Edition UCS 10179 Falcon
  • Select LEGO sets will be on sale
According to toysnbricks.com

[quote name='skiizim']For you Star Wars nuts out there, I just received an email about special offers on S@H on the 3rd and 4th. I wonder what they are going to give away this year, I remember last year was pretty meh for me.[/QUOTE]

It's another poster this time of the huge ass sets, which sounds lamer than the minifigure poster.

I think LEGO updated the PaB Online, the black air tank is gone (darn) and they added a bunch of Bionicle crap (boo). I wish they had the new skellie arms, but are the Coast Guard torsos new to it? I like them. They also added a lot of the PQ heads.

Last edited by a moderator:
TRU is doing a BOGO 50% on Space Police, Power Miners and Prince of Persia today and Saturday. I was there looking for Space Police and saw the new Summer ATLANTIS line out. The temple looks like a great set for $69.

A little off-topic, but have you ever run into that guy that is responsible for the slits in cases, and hence missing discs/missing merchandise at your local Targets?

I was there today looking for Lego clearance stuff, and I heard a noise like a package being slit open (from the guy in front of me). He apparently had not noticed that I was in the area. He had already nicely unpacked a package of baseball cards from their outer packaging (hence, rendering the UPC code useless as he put them in his pockets).

He had then moved on to a Lego Pirates of the Caribbean nice set. He pretended that he was going to purchase it and put it in his cart, but he didn't know I had already seen him slit it open with a box cutter he was carrying in one of his pockets.

I didn't go out of my way to bother him, since you never know who's who out there, and I'm not getting paid for security at Target. I did, however, find one or two workers, and told them where he was and what he was doing. They sort of paid attention, but by the time they did anything he had already moved from the area.
A few minutes later I found the box of the Legos of the Caribbean set, with all the contents removed. He must've been looking for just a few of the items inside.

Anyhow, I see plenty of 'undercover' security on weekends at Target (same guy everytime pretending he's a shopper), but I guess they gotta pay more attention on regular days (with no crowds).

-End of rant/observation---

I am so over William & Kate!!!! I don't get how people get so star struck, I guess it comes with the job. Here in CA I can say I've met or ran into a lot of celebrities and personally get annoyed when people go out there way to rush them.

I hope they caught the guy but at least in CA (I don't know if the law is the same everywhere else) they can't do anything unless an employee/LP saw it happen. I'm pretty sure I remember this correctly but they can't detain you or search you for petty theft because it is a misdemeanor, if the guy has nothing on him he can file a lawsuit.

The store can do things, they choose not to make a big deal out of it, at least that's how it was at TRU. It's mainly because the guy can be nuts. The manager told me of another store where s manager ran after a robber and the robber pulled a gun.

From Toysandbricks...

There are several sales going on at ToysRUs right now. Thanks to forum member QuagsireQing for finding these:

$10 off LEGO City Public Transport, City Fire Station, Harry Potter The Burrow
20% off Road Construction Building Set, Castle Building Set, Ultimate LEGO Building Set
20% off all Pharaoh’s Quest, Racers and Legoville Construction Items
Buy one, get one 1/2 off on all LEGO Hero Factory
Remember there’s free shipping on orders of $100 or more
You can also build a LEGO Rose for Mother’s Day on May 7 from Noon to 2pm at your local ToysRUs store.

[quote name='bigdaddy']From Toysandbricks...

There are several sales going on at ToysRUs right now. Thanks to forum member QuagsireQing for finding these:

20% off Road Construction Building Set, Castle Building Set, Ultimate LEGO Building Set
You can also build a LEGO Rose for Mother’s Day on May 7 from Noon to 2pm at your local ToysRUs store.[/QUOTE]

What Ultimate Lego building sets does Toys R Us carry?

[quote name='bigdaddy']From Toysandbricks...

You can also build a LEGO Rose for Mother’s Day on May 7 from Noon to 2pm at your local ToysRUs store.[/QUOTE]

According to that post, it says CAN for Canada. I assume it is not working in the States.

Ugh... the coding system for series 4 is awful... I bought 14 packs at the Lego Discovery Center and just tried to make sure all of the bumps were different across them all... I still ended up with 3 skater guys, 2 frankensteins, 2 werewolfs and 2 mad scientists for my trouble.

Side note... I guess since the discovery center store isn't the same as the official stores, they don't give VIP points... but instead they give a 10% discount to card holders. So that's pretty awesome. How does that compare to points anyway? My guess is that it's slightly better.

[quote name='prim4444']Alien Conquest is starting to trickle into TRU. My store got a couple sets in today.[/QUOTE]

Nice, I'm assuming you mean they arrived in the back, did your store put them out or are they officially being released in May?

[quote name='etcrane']Nice, I'm assuming you mean they arrived in the back, did your store put them out or are they officially being released in May?[/QUOTE]

Put them out on the floor. Only Lego sets with a street date at TRU are the Cars for 5/16.

I'm lazy to check so please excuse me if this has been posted in previous pages. Just came back from Target (crane ref: Story Rd) and found a display case of S4 Figs. They weren't in the typical display box that TRU and the LEGO stores received. It's the same peg display box that WM had for previous series. Found them on a rack display in the LEGO aisle. Price is MSRP.

So much for thinking Target won't get these or that they always stock the CMF in the seasonal section.

Also checked out the LEGO store a few times this past week and the whole PAB wall seems to have new parts. If you build HERO my store had about 9 bins of parts. Things that sparked my interest:

- Tile in lime green, blue, tan, yellow, red and black
- White horse
- 6 x 16 dark bluish gray plate
- windows
- dark red 1x2 and 2x4 bricks

Target finally has put out S4 on an side endcap. Just like the WM pics, but in a clear shelf unit.

I think there might have been a whole box just dumped in there... barely touched, I was trying to get a viking.

I was half way through them finding pretty much everyone, even a mad scientist. Plenty of hazmats too.

I wonder if Target will keep them at the lego asle at each release instead of at holiday only.

[quote name='xycury']Target finally has put out S4 on an side endcap. Just like the WM pics, but in a clear shelf unit.

I think there might have been a whole box just dumped in there... barely touched, I was trying to get a viking.

I was half way through them finding pretty much everyone, even a mad scientist. Plenty of hazmats too.

I wonder if Target will keep them at the lego asle at each release instead of at holiday only.[/QUOTE]

The endcap at my Target is actually 2 aisles over from the LEGO aisle in case some have a problem finding them.

[quote name='xycury']Target finally has put out S4 on an side endcap. Just like the WM pics, but in a clear shelf unit.

[/QUOTE]

My local store did that too, but I've been to two other Targets that actually put out the cardboard boxes they come in which look just like the Walmart ones. My store still has more in the stockroom according the the price checker. I grabbed a couple extra Mad Scientists since I know my case from TRU only has 2, and some punk rockers...you can't have enough funny/crazy hairstyles.

[quote name='GoingIncognito']Lego Master Builder Academy is now available for pre-order:

http://mba.lego.com/en-us/Default.aspx

Set 1 is $29.99 (http://shop.lego.com/ByTheme/Product.aspx?p=20200), then you subscribe for sets 2-6 for $69.99 (http://shop.lego.com/ByTheme/Product.aspx?p=4659018&cn=245).[/QUOTE]

Get yourself a Lego MBA. Hey not only does it come with a "brick storage box with sorting tray", but it comes with a brick separator as well. :roll:

"Includes an 84-page Designer Handbook, 178 LEGO pieces, exclusive LEGO MBA Minifigure, brick separator and brick storage box with sorting tray." - all that for only $29.99

Petshop will be available this week and live along side the other modular sets (Food Emp. & Fire Brigade). Many of the Marina sets should be available at your local Legostore as well with PoTC and Alien Conquest (either this week or next). If anyone would like to see a picture of the Petshop send me a PM. I would post it, but don't want to run the risk of...err...yeah.

I will take a pic if you don't mind pming it to me, I need to get off my ass and buy Fire Brigade before it gets discontinued, I have a feeling it is coming within a year.

fbtb.net is reporting the six sets on sale at Lego Stores and S@H for May The Fourth (Be With You).

10% off: Republic Swamp Speeder, At-At Walker & Cad Bane's Speeder

and 20% off: Tantive IV, Republic Dropship With AT-OT Walker & UCS Obi-Wan's Starfighter

Makes it easier to get over $75 with not a lot of sale stuff, right?

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back