LEGO Deals 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='Darthjer']fbtb.net is reporting the six sets on sale at Lego Stores and S@H for May The Fourth (Be With You).

10% off: Republic Swamp Speeder, At-At Walker & Cad Bane's Speeder

and 20% off: Tantive IV, Republic Dropship With AT-OT Walker & UCS Obi-Wan's Starfighter

Makes it easier to get over $75 with not a lot of sale stuff, right?[/QUOTE]

Damn, was hoping for Slave 1 to be discounted ... guess I'll be passing on the SW Sale this year and spending my Lego funds in store, now that some of the cool new sets have arrived (boo ... no big Alien Conquest sets have arrived at my local LEGO store and I really want that HQ instead of buying the little sets that have most of the same minifigs)

I got a VIP email this evening. If you pre-order that MBA kit #1 before May 20th, you get a free PAB box. It says for VIP members only but then gives a code to enter at checkout...2KM9. The site accepts the code but doesn't add anything to the cart. Here's a pic from the email:

vip_1.jpg

Not such a bad deal now.

Wow, I am going to end up spending a lot of money on Legos ... Everything at the store tonight looked awesome. Picked up Lighthouse Island ... An amazing set at only $39.99!!

The new Kingdoms Mill Village Raid is amazing, with goats, chickens and pig variant ... Prob won't buy unless I see it on clearance but absolutely great.

Alien Conquest is cool ... kinda torn though because I only really like 2 sets (which they didn't have) the HQ truck and Mothership .. Not really feeling the smaller sets bc you can get all the aliens in those 2 sets and the walker and UFO are cool but a bit too kiddish (I know that sounds a bit ridiculous talking LEGO but it just seems that way to me).

Harbor and City Space sets are nice but nothing special IMO. No must haves there.

Really excited to see the Petshop modular in person, my favorite Lego store employee confirmed it is currently a May 10th launch but she also said it could be pushed up, so you never know.

Now to debate whether I get the bigger Alien Conquest sets now or wait for a sale. Also wish Star Wars had some new classic trilogy sets bc all I want right now is the Deathstar and that's a bit out of my pricerange at the moment. The minifigure exclusive + poster will be given out in store for the next 2 days though if you can buy $75+ of SW, think I'll hold out for the $35 on POTC to get 1/2 off the smallest set instead when that happens later this month.

I picked up the Tantive IV but after I checked out I didn't see any mention of the exclusive minifig. Will they just send you one depending on supplies?

That is my guess. I picked up the Tantive IV as well. Being that we ordered at the beginning of the sale, I don't think we should have any issues. At least I hope so.

[quote name='skiizim']How much were the Alien Conquest sets and the Kingdom sets that you saw?[/QUOTE]

From what I recall -

AC

Tripod - $20
UFO - $30
Small ship $5 to $10

Didn't see the other sets, they come in tomorrow.

Kingdoms

I think the Mill was between $60 & $80 ... its a bigger set so I'm guessing it's closer to $80.

They had the King's carriage attack but I didn't see the price.

I'm probably headed back tomorrow for AC sets so I'll confirm prices then.

[quote name='180husher']I got a VIP email this evening. If you pre-order that MBA kit #1 before May 20th, you get a free PAB box. It says for VIP members only but then gives a code to enter at checkout...2KM9. The site accepts the code but doesn't add anything to the cart.
Not such a bad deal now.[/QUOTE]

I have a Lego store nearby and I've never seen a PAB box - how big is it? Looks Happy Meal sized - maybe a bit taller.

I have to admit, I'm considering the MAB thing. It would be something neat to do every couple of months.

Plus, I heard it comes with a brick separator.

[quote name='Broseph']I have a Lego store nearby and I've never seen a PAB box - how big is it? Looks Happy Meal sized - maybe a bit taller.

I have to admit, I'm considering the MAB thing. It would be something neat to do every couple of months.

Plus, I heard it comes with a brick separator.[/QUOTE]

Way smaller than a happy meal box, maybe 1/4 of that size

Lighthouse Island is AMAZING!

Seriously one of the best builds I've ever put together for a set that size ... and at only $39.99 for 518 pieces it's a steal.

The actual lighthouse build is way more complicated than you would expect from the picture because the lighthouse back opens to reveal modest interiors for both the tower and living quarters. In addition, the freaking lighthouse actually works. Not just in the sense that there's a lightbrick in there, but that it actually has mechanics to spin a little reflector around and act as an actual lighthouse. It's pretty damn impressive and you'll love what they do with skeleton feet.

Seriously ... do not hesitate .. go now ... buy this set ... you will not be disappointed.

Best creator set I've built so far and challenging enough to feel like a mini modular in its complexity.

Oh and it looks awesome sitting on a desk ... very mature look that works for adults as well ...

Whew ... oh and freaking LEGO seagulls!!

I think the set looks cool. It is an iconic ship and for $120 plus tax it is a decent price.

As far as any members making orders to get the minifig, make sure you check your invoice. The figure should be included on it. My wasn't, so I had to call this morning to get this fixed. Unfortunately, I order was already processed so the CS rep told me that they would send them separately. Definitely looks like a glitch for the US site.

[quote name='Max Power']I think the set looks cool. It is an iconic ship and for $120 plus tax it is a decent price.

As far as any members making orders to get the minifig, make sure you check your invoice. The figure should be included on it. My wasn't, so I had to call this morning to get this fixed. Unfortunately, I order was already processed so the CS rep told me that they would send them separately. Definitely looks like a glitch for the US site.[/QUOTE]

So they told you it wasn't be shipped... I just called them and they stated that the website had an error so IT gave them a list to work orders off of to make sure the SW promo stuff would be included. She claimed mine was on the list and that she would make sure it was also fulfilled. My order wasn't shipped yet.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='etcrane']Lighthouse Island is AMAZING!

Seriously one of the best builds I've ever put together for a set that size ... and at only $39.99 for 518 pieces it's a steal.

The actual lighthouse build is way more complicated than you would expect from the picture because the lighthouse back opens to reveal modest interiors for both the tower and living quarters. In addition, the freaking lighthouse actually works. Not just in the sense that there's a lightbrick in there, but that it actually has mechanics to spin a little reflector around and act as an actual lighthouse. It's pretty damn impressive and you'll love what they do with skeleton feet.

Seriously ... do not hesitate .. go now ... buy this set ... you will not be disappointed.

Best creator set I've built so far and challenging enough to feel like a mini modular in its complexity.

Oh and it looks awesome sitting on a desk ... very mature look that works for adults as well ...

Whew ... oh and freaking LEGO seagulls!![/QUOTE]
I thought this doesn't come out until August. How'd you get your hands on one?

No, she said shipped separately. I guess my order was already packaged or something, so the CS rep said they would have to ship the freebies separately.

What the hell. I just got an email saying it has been back ordered. Damn the website glitch. Time to go to the official store and see what they can do.

[quote name='Max Power']
As far as any members making orders to get the minifig, make sure you check your invoice. The figure should be included on it. My wasn't, so I had to call this morning to get this fixed. Unfortunately, I order was already processed so the CS rep told me that they would send them separately. Definitely looks like a glitch for the US site.[/QUOTE]
When you made your order did you make sure you checked the option of wanting the minifig or not? I personally have talked to a few people today who didn't even notice that option.

As far as the MBA kits go. I don't think they're bad at all for what you get, especially when we're overpaying for other sets. And since I'm so close to a LEGO store, the promo (CHECKOUT CODE 2KM9) for the PAB box makes it even better! I think my 5-year old will enjoy it, so I'm grabbing 1.

And damn you Eric, I'm sitting here at my desk dying to go to the LEGO store and pick up the Lighthouse. When I first saw it, I knew I wanted it, but review just pushed me. Maybe go to lunch, buy it, bring it back to work, build it, and leave it displayed at my desk.

I'm curious... who's your favorite employee? That petite girl Amanda?

@scp89, They are handing out the freebies at the Lego Store but I didn't buy any of the sets that were on sale. You can always call and ask before making the drive.

I just came back from the Lego Store and the posters are Limited to 23,500.

EDIT: I saw the new sets and they do look awesome, the Lego store I went to had all the alien conquest and stopped myself from buying any, the new Kingdom ones are great too.

I bought the $5 boat from TRU. no Kingdoms or AC. The summer Lego is really nice and makes up for a lame winter.

Let us all buy the lighthouse... That's not out in most places. :lol:

And where are these pictures of the petshop?

I think this has been posted already, but I just got an email saying a purchase $75 or more gets the ARF minifig, poster, AND an entry to win a first edition UCS MF. Does that mean they are releasing a second edition of the Falcon at some point?

I'm also waiting for that petshop picture :)

I picked up the Lighthouse and Tantive. The Lighthouse is easily one of the best Creator sets outs right now. It's packed with many awesome pieces! Light Brick FTMFW! I did have to ask for the set since they did not have it out on display, so if you don't see it don't hesitate to ask!

[quote name='encendido5']Does that mean they are releasing a second edition of the Falcon at some point?[/QUOTE]

The first has a Certificate of Authenticity and is individually numbered, these were the first sets that were originally produced. I'm guess Lego held on to a few for contest purposes. I doubt there will ever be a reprint anytime soon unless they re-release the set in the future.

http://starwarsusa.com/star-wars-lego-millennium-falcon-10179-first-edition

So the Lighthouse Island is indeed out at all LEGO stores and should be showing up other places fairly soon. And I think my favorite might be Amanda, not 100% sure ... she's always friendly and enjoys talking about LEGO and doesn't hold back on info!

Oh, and just to make Jay suffer a bit more .. here are a few photos of the finished set ... just because I think you should all buy it ;)

dsc00820o.jpg

dsc00819ye.jpg

dsc00821jq.jpg

dsc00822n.jpg

dsc00823eb.jpg

Update: So I decided to just cancel and go down to my local LEGO store. I just bought it there instead. They had all the promo stuff. While I was there, my store had all the Alien Conquest, most new City, the Lighthouse, and all Kingdoms but the Blacksmith set. Since I dropped the 120 on Tantive IV, I decided to wait out most of the new stuff, especially since I will most likely grab the Fire Bridage and Medieval Village in the next month or so (expecting them to discontinue soon).

Whoa, I guess I'm way out of the loop, the Lighthouse Island set is out for some regions. (I was at my local LEGO store -- Mall of Am -- as recently as Monday and didn't see it out.) Those photos look great, thanks for sharing, etcrane!

I think all the Creator house sets are can't-miss, I really regret missing out on the ones that are now out of release. They're a decent deal at MSRP, and once you've got them on sale/deep discount, you really get a great deal per brick, and that's without accounting for the 3-in-1 design.

And I'm 3rding the request for the Town Pet Shop pics. I'm excited to see this one, if it's decent it might be my only foray into the modular buildings, as my kid is nuts about animals and all that bullshit (veterinarians, zoos, farms, you name it).

My order for the Tantive IV shows in process still but the Arf trooper shows shipped. The CS rep had to put in a separate order for the figure. No mention of the poster though.

Picked up Jagged Jaws Reef for $13 and saw Snake Canyon for $7 at the local wal mart.

Too bad I grabbed Snake Canyon when I went through my Lego motorcycle phase last month.

[quote name='skiizim']What Lego Store did you go to and what number range was your poster. The one I received was in the low 16,000.[/QUOTE]

My store is the Concord, NC one. My number is in the mid-high 13,000.

My canceled order shows that they are still sending me the ARF figure. Interesting...

Thanks for sharing the Pet Shop pics bigdaddy. Good to see the Fire Brigade is listed on the back so I might not have to jump as quickly.

I like the Petshop, but having seen both the pics from Tito & Big ... I have to say it's not my favorite from an architectural standpoint. For some reason it feels a bit more reminiscent of a really supped up City line than a successor to the Grand Emporium or Green Grocer. The interior might be much better than either of those, but the facade is ... dare I say it ... a tad disappointing for me.

Don't get me wrong, I still want it ... it just won't be a day 1, must have for me personally. I still need to pick up Fire Brigade and that. between the two, now looks more grand in its scale when looking at them side by side.

Now the other big question ... do I wait for a sale on Alien Conquest or go buy one of those suckers tonight ... aggghh choices ...

Trust me, my wife would be proud of me. I stood there and stared for 10-15 minutes at the Alien Conquest sets!!! I really wanted to grab a tripod and the mothership but I decided to wait and see if Lego has a double VIP point sale soon or any other sale at that.

[quote name='skiizim']Trust me, my wife would be proud of me. I stood there and stared for 10-15 minutes at the Alien Conquest sets!!! I really wanted to grab a tripod and the mothership but I decided to wait and see if Lego has a double VIP point sale soon or any other sale at that.[/QUOTE]

You're a stronger man than me. I normally only buy Lego on sale/clearance, but these sets were just too cool. I picked up the three smallest sets to satisfy my urges and now patiently wait for sales to get the others.

The Lego store in King of Prussia has all the new AC sets and the three bigger Knights sets. No blacksmith though. Was disappointed I couldn't double dip on promotions, it was either free shadow ARF or minifig ice cube tray, not both with one $75 Star Wars purchase.

Hmm, I feel like TRU is going to mark up the prices on Alien Conquest before they have any sales on it ... damn, I really want those 2 big sets but I don't know the best course of action. I guess waiting is the most prudent thing to do ...

[quote name='salty tbone']Was disappointed I couldn't double dip on promotions, it was either free shadow ARF or minifig ice cube tray, not both with one $75 Star Wars purchase.[/QUOTE]

That's total BS!!!! I didn't even have to ask to get the ice cube tray, I would call or email Lego, I don't think there is no reason why you shouldn't have been able to get both.

[quote name='TheHelix']I saw Wreckage Road for 21 at Wal Mart today.[/QUOTE]

I wonder if World Racers drops are going to become the norm. If so, I hope Desert of Destruction drops. I love the rig and the dune buggy in that set.

There is also a goldfish and a yellow frog. He/she started building the better looking building (the dark red one) so we should get more pictures throughout the week.

I don't understand why LEGO never announced real pictures for the set. They should have drummed up buzz of the set a few weeks ago if the set is already out and officially comes out next week.

[quote name='Broseph']I wonder if World Racers drops are going to become the norm. If so, I hope Desert of Destruction drops. I love the rig and the dune buggy in that set.[/QUOTE]

I'm all for cheap legos. I picked up jagged jaws reef at kmart last month for 7.50. Still looking for a cheap battle of alamut.

[quote name='TheHelix']I'm all for cheap legos. I picked up jagged jaws reef at kmart last month for 7.50. Still looking for a cheap battle of alamut.[/QUOTE]

Nice! K Mart is the only thing we don't have around here as far as big box retailers go. The closest one is an hour away. I just can't justify that. It's in some small country town though, I bet it's a goldmine.

Ok. I gotta figure somebody on here will know. What is the "technical" name (on Bricklink, or you know, in life) for the baseplate that comes with the Series 1-4 Minifigures? I tried variations on 3x4 in the regular and modified plate sections, but couldn't find it.

(I'm still a Lego noob, but should be qualifying as "intermediate" sometime this year.)

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back