LEGO Deals 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='bigdaddy']NinjaGo is awesome because it shows that clearly the LEGO designers are stoned when coming up with ideas. The leading theory is LEGO wanted a Ninja theme, but with action, and the skellies worked well with the Castle line a few years ago, so why not have Skellies fight Ninjas with monster trucks? Perfect for 7 year old boys. :)

I think PotC is a two off theme. Sets based on the new movie this year and then the old trilogy next year and that be that unless they make a 5th movie in two years. My problem with new pirate themes is the fact that they only do one pirate ship and it cost $100+. I want a $50 ship.[/QUOTE]

Agreed, people started with ninjas... dropped a hit of crack and now we have skellies in monster trucks.

Granted if they stuck with the theme of the ninjas, it might have not been so well, seems like every themed set needs something to go against... except CITY, but then there are "fires" and "robbers"... so yeah... that and the transportation of boxes from one place to another.

I think some of the PotC will be from the last movies.. such as the fight with Barbosa and the chest full of cursed coins. Sorta like Toy Story and then TS3.

It'll probably be just like it actually... bunch of mish-mashed sets all at once. I'm sure they don't want to stick to two years on PotC... unless they were readily making 5 already like you said.

and I too... share your :cry: with no affordable ships. We need something inbetween a raft dingy and a 100+ to 150+ ship.

We need a remake of this set: 6274 Caribbean Clipper 372 pieces - $54
or
6268 Renegade Runner

Picked up a "kind of" deal at my TRU today. The Spring Mini Assortment is $3.99 but has 2 sales right now, 30% off and Buy 1, Get 1 1/2 off. A pair comes out to $2.79+$1.39 or a little more than $4 per pair. Not a great deal, but it isn't a terrible price for stocking my airport with suitcases and people. I think the 30% off sale runs through today. Not sure if it'd work online.

The 3 figures:

Atlantis Sea Jet
http://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=3934651

City Traveller
http://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=3934646

Atlantis Manta Warrior
http://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=3934650

Last edited by a moderator:
How about these links?

Atlantis Sea Jet:
http://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=3934651
City Traveller:
http://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=3934646
Manta Warrior:
http://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=3934650

(Hmm...these seem to work intermittently. They occasionally get piped through LinkSynergy, it seems.)

On an unrelated note, the local Lego store finally got Series 4 in this week. Now I only need 3 figures to complete my set - the Soccer Player, Ice Skater, and Mad Scientist. If anyone would like to trade, please PM me! I've got some Series 3 and Series 4 duplicates available (Elf, Ape Suit Guy, Indian Chief, Snowboarder; Artist).

Whoah, I got behind on the posts here. I didn't see this mentioned on the last 10 pages:

K-Mart is having an additional 20% off on all clearance toys. Some of the LEGOs I saw were:

All Toy Story sets are on clearance now: Army Men with Jeep are about $6 and the Trash Incinerator and Woody's Round-Up are both about $29.00 each. YMMV The Army Men set is highly recommended - all those minifigs and a jeep for 6 bucks is a steal. I just pop the green heads/hands off these guys and give them all yellow heads/hands to create a more realistic-looking LEGO army. I also like Woody's Round-Up - without the minifigs it fits in nicely with the old 90's Western Theme sets. :cool:

Invalid Publisher Code, Offer, or Publisher - Advertiser Partnership Status

On all the TRU links this week. No big deal as long as we know the name of the sets on sale.

I went to TRU. They had 8ish boxes of Series 3 BOGO50% and 2 of series 4. They also had the TS3 Garbage Truck, this time the dark green Truck on sale for $43. Oddly they had http://brickset.com/detail/?Set=7632-1 for 30% off and the sticker said $35, I don't know if that wasright because the set is actually normally $60, not $50.

I only spent like 5 minutes feeling the thing because I had issues telling what they were. The first bag i got I knew was a hockey guy or hazmat. The second I swear was a painter because I thought I felt the paint board. Instead it must have been the skating board because I got him and the hazmat guy! Like I aid I had issues feeling them up with the paper in the way. I didn't buy any series 3 because I like all of series 4 and only some of the third. However I wish I got a gnome, princess, rockstar, hockey, painter and mad scientist before the skater. :lol: But I'm just like the skater, but don't skate, but have glasses and insane amounts of hoodies.

I really like the minifigures and was going to buy 4 of them because I think I found a rocker by his hair, but I didn't feel the guitar and frankenstien because of the head piece, but I went $12 plus tax on four minfigures? I love them as much as the next guy, and they would look great in MOCs, but $3 is way WAY too much. Maybe I'll go back next week when they have a BOGO and buy them for 25% off, but they really aren't worth $3. More so the plastic is shit and I don't care what anyone says. I have a dozen skate boards and wheels, and this one looks cheap. I look at them now and go "These were $6.50, that's a weekend bus

For $10 I rather have this year's $10 Atlantis set with 2 minifigures and 100 pieces than just 3 minifigures. I wonder if that's why series 3 is making a comeback. LEGO thought they would sell them based on the first two series numbers, but didn't take into account the 33% price increase.

I'm going to the Lego Store in Beachwood, OH tomorrow for grand-opening weekend. Besides the opportunity to build part of the huge R2-D2 model, and the be in the first 300 to spend $35 and get 3 'exclusive' minifigs deal, do the Lego Stores do anything special for openings?

[quote name='etcrane']Closing eyes ... fingers in ears ... "I am blind to sales until LEGO releases some new sets" ...

Am I the only one feeling like it's an irregularly slow period for LEGOs right now? More so now than in the past few years?

...kinda crossing my fingers for Alien Conquest to get me excited about LEGO again ... or maybe PotC ... or uh ... eh, kinda over Atlantis and the older sets at the moment.[/QUOTE]
Hm. I sense... slowly... the dark side you have gone...

[quote name='JAYMATIK']Hm. I sense... slowly... the dark side you have gone...[/QUOTE]

Naw, I've still got my unopened space police central to tide me over, I'm just afraid I'll be disappointed after I build it, the way I was with Portal of Atlantis. I guess it's not a bad Atlantis set but I just found it to be one of those sets that takes up alot of space but I didn't want to display.

I think Alien Conquest will bring me back, I was on a Mars Attacks kick last night and missed the talking alien figure I used to have, so that line should fulfill my craving for 50's scifi aliens

Haha, you'll have to ask Jay, I sat this year out. Had a few conflicts with the weekend it took place and when they got rid of the damaged box event it kind of bummed me out.

I can't believe one of the people organizing the event left feedback afterwards stating they were happy there wasn't a damaged box event this year because it gave them more time to focus on the convention and not having to organize for the damaged box night. ... sigh

Just finished watching Tron Legacy for the second time (this time with the kids) and we want to know where the heck are the Tron Legos. We got Prince of Persia and soon to be Pirates, but no Tron??? We want Lego light cycles and light jets, identity discs, and Tron minifigs. How did this not happen? Helluva missed opportunity if you ask me...I know I would have broken my new Lego buying guideline(has to be 50% off) for Tron sets.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='180husher']Just finished watching Tron Legacy for the second time (this time with the kids) and we want to know where the heck are the Tron Legos. We got Prince of Persia and soon to be Pirates, but no Tron??? We want Lego light cycles and light jets, identity discs, and Tron minifigs. How did this not happen? Helluva missed opportunity if you ask me...I know I would have broken my new Lego buying guideline(has to be 50% off) for Tron sets.[/QUOTE]

Mmm, neon pieces and light bricks. Excellent idea! A Light Cycle Battle Set would be awesome.

I hope Tron Legacy is a good movie because I just bought last night.

I am kinda wishing Lego would move away from movie and license product and just go on their own with their own original ideas to help keep prices down.

I am really hoping I can find the new train set on sale by summer end. It would make for a nice addition to our city sets.

Thought I had missed Series 3 Minifigs entirely, but my Wal-Mart had FOUR boxes of them! At $3/bag, I couldn't buy them all (that would be nice!), but I was able to get 16. Spent probably half an hour trying to check those dents on the back packaging to see what was what, when I decided it would be better to just grab ones that looked dissimilar to each other and check at home. Three are in their bags awaiting a return (they might be duplicates of others we opened), and only one opened was a duplicate that we didn't catch (Race Car Driver). 12 of 16 acquired, hopefully we can find the rest, but I think they are the rarer ones which will be tougher.

[quote name='GoingIncognito']Mmm, neon pieces and light bricks. Excellent idea! A Light Cycle Battle Set would be awesome.[/QUOTE]

I'd love some Tron Lego. It does seem like a real missed opportunity. Even if it was just half a dozen sets, I'd be happy.

I went on a bit of a Lego road trip today. Found four boxes of series three at a Wal Mart, continued building my Cyborg Army. I think that's eight Cyborgs now.

I found some old stuff, Power Miners, Indiana Jones: Cairo Ambush, some Space Police. I also found the older "civilian" City Minifigs at a Borders.

Coupled with the TRU 50% off City sets, I must have brought home 20 minifigs today.

I'm now impatiently awaiting Series 5. I just can't get enough minifigs.

[quote name='Broseph']
I went on a bit of a Lego road trip today. Found four boxes of series three at a Wal Mart, continued building my Cyborg Army. I think that's eight Cyborgs now..[/QUOTE]

Ah so I guess series 3 minifigs at walmart are a normal thing. I hadn't been following the series, and when I saw series 4 was here, I assumed I had missed out big time.

[quote name='GrilledWitOnions']Ah so I guess series 3 minifigs at walmart are a normal thing. I hadn't been following the series, and when I saw series 4 was here, I assumed I had missed out big time.[/QUOTE]

I have two Wal Marts nearby and I've never seen minifigs there. This Wal Mart is a little out of my way, much bigger and newer. There must be something that determines what Wal Mart stores carry minifigs - but I haven't the foggiest idea what that criteria might be.

I'd say you're lucky. It took several tries for me to get all the series 3 I wanted. They were simply out of fishermen, race car drivers and rappers at the local lego store. With four boxes, it should be easy for you collect the whole series.

Even though I don't have any desire to collect any series in its entirety - I do like getting doubles of certain figures. Cyborg for instance. I also have a Hazmat team and I should have seven samurai soon. :)

Plus, once you get the whole series, maybe they'll clearance them and you can clean up!

Kmart has an extra 50% off clearance toys this week - some findings (after discount)
Toy Story Buzz's Command Ship $11
Hero Factory Drop Ship $18.50
Atlantis Gateway of the Squid $15
Lotso's Dump Truck $7.50

I got an e-mail from TRU today for an extra 50% off clearance LEGO sets today...but they didn't have any. El Hoardo probably beat me to it, but I did get a Darth Vader pen for 3 bucks, and the Police Dog Set for 8 at Target.

[quote name='yakkotank']Kmart has an extra 50% off clearance toys this week - some findings (after discount)
Toy Story Buzz's Command Ship $11
Hero Factory Drop Ship $18.50
Atlantis Gateway of the Squid $15
Lotso's Dump Truck $7.50[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the info. I was able to find Western Train Chase for $30.

[quote name='TheHelix']I got an e-mail from TRU today for an extra 50% off clearance LEGO sets today...but they didn't have any. El Hoardo probably beat me to it, but I did get a Darth Vader pen for 3 bucks, and the Police Dog Set for 8 at Target.[/QUOTE]

Lame, I saw some decent clearance sets at my local TRU when I was there earlier today but they didn't have anything about this posted.

Got the following at Kmart

18.50, woodys roundup, trash compactor escape

30.00 toy story train

3.00 Atlantis spider thing

They had a ton of hero factory drop ships for 18.50, and Atlantis gateway set.

I also picked up a Star Wars Echo Base for $9, seems like an older set?

[quote name='TheHelix']I got an e-mail from TRU today for an extra 50% off clearance LEGO sets today...but they didn't have any. El Hoardo probably beat me to it, but I did get a Darth Vader pen for 3 bucks, and the Police Dog Set for 8 at Target.[/QUOTE]

Dammit. Was it today only? I could get the crane for $17.50!

And the big SP3 ship is back on clearance at Target for $70.68. I'm hoping for $50 by May.

No dice at my TRU - the only sets on clearance are Space Police and Atlantis - and they all scanned at the $40 clearance prices they've had for a month - no additional percent off.

Does TRU have a price drop schedule like say, Sears? I want those Space Police sets but I'm willing to wait. Just curious how long I'll be waiting.

[quote name='bigdaddy']Dammit. Was it today only? I could get the crane for $17.50!

And the big SP3 ship is back on clearance at Target for $70.68. I'm hoping for $50 by May.[/QUOTE]

Yeah it was today only. I was hoping to find the giant power miners drill but no dice.

[quote name='TheHelix']Yeah it was today only. I was hoping to find the giant power miners drill but no dice.[/QUOTE]

Bigger dammit. Mine had that, TS3 garbage truck and the mobile crane on clearance Friday. I'm over a "friend's" and far away from TRU

TRU: Ambush In Cairo - $6.99

K-Mart: Apparently not all stores have TS LEGO on clearance. The extra 50% off on all clearance toys is valid through 4/24! Too bad the 2 stores I checked were already cleaned out. In fact, one store only had 2011 LEGOs on the shelf and nothing older.

Just got back from my Kmart. Found Toy Story Trash Compactor (the only TS on clearance) Gateway of the Squid, and STACKS of a HERO Factory Jet Copter thing. Grabbed the TS set. Not a great set from the box art...we'll see. For $18, I guess you can't go wrong. I'm not a Bionicle fan, but I'm almost temped by that Jet Copter--looks like a ton of pieces.

Good haul today at Kmart:

Western Train - 20
Buzz Lightyear Starship - 11
Army Men - 4

Oddly enough Lotso's dump truck was still regular price. I'll check back soon if it gets ticketed. They also had an Echo Base for 9.50 but I already have it. Hopefully stuff like the TIE defender will survive until next paycheck, but I doubt it.

[quote name='cassidyarch']I'm not a Bionicle fan, but I'm almost temped by that Jet Copter--looks like a ton of pieces.[/QUOTE]

It's nothing to look at, but aside from the figure and stickers, it's basically a technic set. The cannon that comes with it can shoot pretty far too. Anything below $39.40 and it's less than the magical $0.10/piece ratio. It's probably less than half that at K-Mart.

I got the Atlantis set for $15 and $7.50 little truck. I was pissed I missed out on TRU but more pissed at Kmart for having Buzz's ship but scanned "sticker price". Grrrrrrrrrr.

Stopped at Kmart, found (after 50%):

Tie Defender $17.50
Woody's Western Roundup $17.50
Trash Compactor Escape $17.50
Magma Mech $7.50

Didn't really feel like I needed to buy anything though after picking up the Western Train Chase the other day.

I'm going to check out the 1 KMart in all of west LA later today, but I won't be holding my breath.

TRU clearance 50% off was a failure as there were no clearance sets at all to be found, and the sets on sale this week are cheaper at Target. WalMart was also a failure.

BTW ALL the Star Wars 4 figure battle packs are $8 at Target - I price scanned all 4 (Mandalorian, Clone Trooper, Hoth Rebel and Hoth Imperial forces). I was tempted to get the bank set too, at $45 I think it was. Slave I on sale for $72, same as TRU's sale was IIRC. I might just see if Amazon PMed any of them as I have $200 in giftcards coming my way shortly.

[quote name='karkyco']I'm going to check out the 1 KMart in all of west LA later today, but I won't be holding my breath.
[/QUOTE]

Are you talking about the one on Vermont or the one on 3rd Street across from the Grove? I live in West LA as well and the KMart I tend to check (when I have the patience to drive down) is the one in Torrance. It makes the drive worth it knowing that there is a Chick-Fil-A down there. :)

Also, since we're both West LA'ers, if you find an extra Gateway of the Squid or Woody's Round-up or Buzz's Shuttle or Magma Mech (I guess any discounted LEGO really) if you could pick it up for me I'd gladly return the favor from the Torrance one.

Five Below has Series 4 minifigs in this week's ad at the 2.99 msrp. I'm really glad Lego seems to be making a lot more of these. Now if only they'd go back to the 1.99 price.

[quote name='salty tbone']Five Below has Series 4 minifigs in this week's ad at the 2.99 msrp. I'm really glad Lego seems to be making a lot more of these. Now if only they'd go back to the 1.99 price.[/QUOTE]

But has anyone ever been to a Five Below? LEGO can still do better like releasing them at more Walmarts and Targets. However price is the biggest issue now. At the most they should be $2.50 and small pieces like ice skates should have an extra.

Anyone think kmart will lower the clearance prices some more before the 24th? The TS3 dump truck is neat and if it was $5 I'd buy another and it had several left with no price.

Also what does everyone think of the police dog car? I forgot to check a different Target for a Darth Vador pen. For $8 it still seems a little bland.

[quote name='bigdaddy']But has anyone ever been to a Five Below? LEGO can still do better like releasing them at more Walmarts and Targets. However price is the biggest issue now. At the most they should be $2.50 and small pieces like ice skates should have an extra.

Anyone think kmart will lower the clearance prices some more before the 24th? The TS3 dump truck is neat and if it was $5 I'd buy another and it had several left with no price.

Also what does everyone think of the police dog car? I forgot to check a different Target for a Darth Vador pen. For $8 it still seems a little bland.[/QUOTE]

Police dog car is worth a try at 8...can't believe MSRP is 13.

[quote name='ireladd']Are you talking about the one on Vermont or the one on 3rd Street across from the Grove? I live in West LA as well and the KMart I tend to check (when I have the patience to drive down) is the one in Torrance. It makes the drive worth it knowing that there is a Chick-Fil-A down there. :)

Also, since we're both West LA'ers, if you find an extra Gateway of the Squid or Woody's Round-up or Buzz's Shuttle or Magma Mech (I guess any discounted LEGO really) if you could pick it up for me I'd gladly return the favor from the Torrance one.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, the one across from the Grove/Farmer's Market. But it's pretty much a wasteland. Where's the one in Torrance?

Shopko which I think is only in wisconsin
Is having a sale starting friday in which you can get for 14.88

Star Wars V-wing
Ninjago Ice Dragon
and Ninjago spinjitzu starter set

Shopko is a midwestern/western chain. I have one near me in Idaho, but I avoid them like the plague. They're Lego prices make TRU's Lego prices look like genuine deals. I've wondered if the prices I've seen are chain-wide or local. Many sets are marked up 50 to 100 percent. Last time I was there, the Star Wars battlepacks were $20. The V-wing was $35. They will never get my money.

Oh no there prices are crazy( 6 dollars for the minifigs)but every once in a while a decent price and once a blue moon some good clearance prices. I have begun to think shopko relies on people's stupidity with their prices on alot of their stuff.

[quote name='Xiaan']Shopko is a midwestern/western chain. I have one near me in Idaho, but I avoid them like the plague. They're Lego prices make TRU's Lego prices look like genuine deals. I've wondered if the prices I've seen are chain-wide or local. Many sets are marked up 50 to 100 percent. Last time I was there, the Star Wars battlepacks were $20. The V-wing was $35. They will never get my money.[/QUOTE]

I haven't looked recently but previous sales have been at MSRP for b1g1 or b2g1…

It was worth it for me to use the scanner @ K-Mart today. Lotso's Dump Truck was tagged $19.99 on the shelf and not in the clearance section. Scanned at $7.50. Grabbed 5 (And no, I wasn't hoarding them. I left way more than that on the shelf). I scanned the other Toy Story stuff that were also marked regular price, but they were all still regular price (RC Car, Army Men, Buzz's Starship). Still an awesome get.

I envision a small squad of Lotsos to join my Nute Gunray Brigade.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back