LEGO Deals 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='lordopus99']I am the same way. One target is sitting on 55 for weeks now. The one closest to me is sitting at 65 again for weeks now. The rest of Prince of Persia stuff is gone.

As part of the new clearance (went to 3 different stores), I came away with...
HP Burrow for 33% off
HP Quiddich for 25% off
HP Freeing Dolby for 50% off
KD Prison Escape for 50% off
Atlantis Gateway of Squid for 50% off[/QUOTE]

I'll keep my eye out for the Burrow. Only set you listed I don't have yet.

Also forgot to mention that a few of the Lego games were on clearance at Target...they were still in the board game section.

Got a TRU flyer in the mail with a $10 off $50 purchase coupon stuck to it.

And the latest Lego catalog came with a 10% off any item in-store coupon on the back of it.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='NCrush']can anyone recommend Gateway of the Squid? Worth grabbing?[/QUOTE]

I paid $10 for it at KMart and that was about the maximum I would spend on it. I don't collect Atlantis though so my opinion is probably a bit skewed. If you can get it cheap its worth it for some of the unique parts in it.

[quote name='RedvsBlue']I paid $10 for it at KMart and that was about the maximum I would spend on it. I don't collect Atlantis though so my opinion is probably a bit skewed. If you can get it cheap its worth it for some of the unique parts in it.[/QUOTE]

Yea for $10 I wouldn't think twice. It's at $27 at my Target now. Looks like I'll wait. Thanks.

[quote name='NCrush']can anyone recommend Gateway of the Squid? Worth grabbing?[/QUOTE]

Weren't some people finding these for something like $3 each at KMart, Sears, or WalMart sometime over the past year?

I'd say at least 75% off Atlantis sets or forget it.

And don't forget to hold your receipts for "change payment type" return/rebuys at Target if the prices drop further. It's definitely YMMV (there are supposed to be no returns or price adjustments on clearance items IIRC), but I've had it work every time and it has save me a bunch of cash.

At one store that had none of the King's Castle or Troll Fortress sets in stock (but had them still in the system at 75% off), I ended up getting return/rebuy price adjustments that saved me at least $25 a set.

I was at Anime Expo today and not much lego stuff around here. Just some series 2 for $5 or 5 for $20 and another vendor selling loose minifigs. Picked up a royal imperial guard for $5, that was it. Spiderman was going for 40.

[quote name='TheHelix']I was at Anime Expo today and not much lego stuff around here. Just some series 2 for $5 or 5 for $20 and another vendor selling loose minifigs. Picked up a royal imperial guard for $5, that was it. Spiderman was going for 40.[/QUOTE]

That's insane. I have at least two styles of Spidey and the sets at the time were going for 66% off.

[quote name='karkyco']Weren't some people finding these for something like $3 each at KMart, Sears, or WalMart sometime over the past year?

And don't forget to hold your receipts for "change payment type" return/rebuys at Target if the prices drop further. It's definitely YMMV (there are supposed to be no returns or price adjustments on clearance items IIRC), but I've had it work every time and it has save me a bunch of cash.

At one store that had none of the King's Castle or Troll Fortress sets in stock (but had them still in the system at 75% off), I ended up getting return/rebuy price adjustments that saved me at least $25 a set.[/QUOTE]

I obviously need to learn how to hunt for better deals. I'd pay $3 for just about anything haha... Thanks for the tips.

[quote name='karkyco']Weren't some people finding these for something like $3 each at KMart, Sears, or WalMart sometime over the past year?

At one store that had none of the King's Castle or Troll Fortress sets in stock (but had them still in the system at 75% off), I ended up getting return/rebuy price adjustments that saved me at least $25 a set.[/QUOTE]

no matters to me one way or another - but isn't this return fraud? - personally I call it 'creative shopping' , but I wouldn't try posting something like this in the 'video game' deals here on CAG - they'll chase u out

[quote name='scp89']no matters to me one way or another - but isn't this return fraud? - personally I call it 'creative shopping' , but I wouldn't try posting something like this in the 'video game' deals here on CAG - they'll chase u out[/QUOTE]

It's not that shaddy considering the store has the final say over it.

I've done this with a gift card that I didn't get in time, so I can get the money back.

There are legitimate change payments.... as for Target, I'd let the store worry about it.

[quote name='scp89']no matters to me one way or another - but isn't this return fraud? - personally I call it 'creative shopping' , but I wouldn't try posting something like this in the 'video game' deals here on CAG - they'll chase u out[/QUOTE]
As long as you actually use a different form of payment, I don't see how it is return fraud.

Here's my haul from Kmart this morning (three different stores):
8897 Jagged Jaws Reef 7.50
8898 Wreckage Road 13.50
8083 Rebel Trooper Battle Pack 5.00
8084 Snowtrooper Battle Pack 4.50
7594 Woody's Round Up 18.50
7597 Western Train Chase 30.00
7947 Prison Tower Rescue 21.00
7789 Lotso's Dump Truck 7.50
3178 Seaplane 4.00
7977 Seabed Strider 3.50
7978 Angler Attack 7.50
2260 Ice Dragon Attack 7.50

Those last three are all newer sets and I was surprised to find them on clearance. I also picked up a Battle Ops Bumblebee for 15.00.

[quote name='postureking']Here's my haul from Kmart this morning (three different stores):
8897 Jagged Jaws Reef 7.50
8898 Wreckage Road 13.50
8083 Rebel Trooper Battle Pack 5.00
8084 Snowtrooper Battle Pack 4.50
7594 Woody's Round Up 18.50
7597 Western Train Chase 30.00
7947 Prison Tower Rescue 21.00
7789 Lotso's Dump Truck 7.50
3178 Seaplane 4.00
7977 Seabed Strider 3.50
7978 Angler Attack 7.50
2260 Ice Dragon Attack 7.50

Those last three are all newer sets and I was surprised to find them on clearance. I also picked up a Battle Ops Bumblebee for 15.00.[/QUOTE]

fucking hellfire.... 8 in the area?!

fuck kmart... there's like 1... and then I need to drive 60 miles to find another one.

[quote name='180husher']TRU has the new SW sets up on their site...no mark up yet...but that doesn't matter since you can't order any of them! And I was all set to buy that Maersk train, but now I better save my money.

http://www.toysrus.com/search/index...Star+Wars&fbc=1&fbn=Character+Theme|Star+Wars
[/QUOTE]
It is hard to believe that 2 pod racers are $90. It seems like there should be quite a bit more to that set for the money. Echo Base seems like way more bang for you Star Wars LEGO dollar.

[quote name='ackbar7']It is hard to believe that 2 pod racers are $90. It seems like there should be quite a bit more to that set for the money. Echo Base seems like way more bang for you Star Wars LEGO dollar.[/QUOTE]

To be fair, the Podracers set contains 800+ pieces. That's a much better than usual value for a Star Wars set lately.

Picked up some clearance sets from Kmart. General Grievous Starfighter (8095) for $18.50, Neptune Carrier (8075) for $17.50 and a few Snowtrooper Battle Packs (8084) for $4.50 each.

Also stopped at some garage sales on Saturday and got pretty lucky at one. Saw a box for Lego Batman's Buggy: The Escape of Mr. Freeze (7884) on a table and marked $2. Peeked in the box and saw that at least the buggy was in there so I bought it. When I got home I dumped the box out and the set wasn't complete, it was missing Mr. Freeze's little car. The box did however have, Lego Batman, Robin, Mr. Freeze and Penguin minifigs (w/ Penguin Minions). Batman's Buggy, Robin's mini sub, 3 Lego Knights from the Castle Series, a Horse, a 3 Skeletons from the Castle series with a ton of weapons and stuff, pretty awesome score for $2.

[quote name='TheAngryCAG']Picked up some clearance sets from Kmart. General Grievous Starfighter (8095) for $18.50, Neptune Carrier (8075) for $17.50 and a few Snowtrooper Battle Packs (8084) for $4.50 each.

Also stopped at some garage sales on Saturday and got pretty lucky at one. Saw a box for Lego Batman's Buggy: The Escape of Mr. Freeze (7884) on a table and marked $2. Peeked in the box and saw that at least the buggy was in there so I bought it. When I got home I dumped the box out and the set wasn't complete, it was missing Mr. Freeze's little car. The box did however have, Lego Batman, Robin, Mr. Freeze and Penguin minifigs (w/ Penguin Minions). Batman's Buggy, Robin's mini sub, 3 Lego Knights from the Castle Series, a Horse, a 3 Skeletons from the Castle series with a ton of weapons and stuff, pretty awesome score for $2.[/QUOTE]

Nice find at the garage sale. I picked General Grievous, Wampa Cave, Wreckage Road, and 3x Rebel Trooper Battle Pack at Kmart for around $70.

[quote name='TheHelix']Nice find at the garage sale. I picked General Grievous, Wampa Cave, Wreckage Road, and 3x Rebel Trooper Battle Pack at Kmart for around $70.[/QUOTE]

Oh yeah, well I got a Seaplane for $4.50...that's it...just one lonely little Seaplane set for $4.50...and I already bought the same set last year.

I did get a Diet Pepsi and an ice cream sandwich at TRU for $.25 each!!!

My haul from KMart

Jagged Jaws Reef (World Racers) # 8897
Wreckage Road (World Racers) #8898
Deep Sea Striker (Atlantis) # 8076
The Battle of Naboo (Star Wars) #7929

Out the door for $33 and tax. Does anyone know how long Kmart is giving the extra 50% off clearance toys? I don't shop their ever... is that just a standard thing?

Eurobricks has the pictures for the VW bus and the Winter Village post office, both look very nice and very expensive.

[quote name='NCrush']My haul from KMart

Jagged Jaws Reef (World Racers) # 8897
Wreckage Road (World Racers) #8898
Deep Sea Striker (Atlantis) # 8076
The Battle of Naboo (Star Wars) #7929

Out the door for $33 and tax. Does anyone know how long Kmart is giving the extra 50% off clearance toys? I don't shop their ever... is that just a standard thing?[/QUOTE]

They do this 3-4 times a year with their clearance cycles. Typically, new drops happen to either existing clearance items or new ones, then a few weeks later 20% clearance occurs. Then in another few weeks it can be 30-50% off clearance prices. I've noticed these drops seem to coincide with holidays.

The 50% discount will last all week.

My kmart had twoof the $8.50 Atlantis sets, 6 the TS3 truck for 7.50, and 5 buzz ship for $22 because it wasn't scanning 50% off. The lines were insanely slow I got sick of waiting just to agrue over the 50% off. I might go back later, but that store is a fucking joke.

i wish i had paid closer attention to the clearance lists.. i really wanted that prison rescue set.

I'm a big fan of the castle ones, since they're the most similar to the ones when I was a kid.

Hit up a few stores today. At the first one I found a stack of unmarked Snowtrooper Battle Packs which scanned at $4.50.

At the last store I found Hogwarts Express unmarked but rang up for $30. I also scanned the Prison Tower Rescue and Battle of Naboo but they came up at regular price. Oh well, the Hogwarts Express is what I wanted the most so at least I got that.

[quote name='BattleChicken']i wish i had paid closer attention to the clearance lists.. i really wanted that prison rescue set.

I'm a big fan of the castle ones, since they're the most similar to the ones when I was a kid.[/QUOTE]

Went to 2 different K-marts over the weekend and they both had different stuff on clearance at different prices. Neither of mine had any of the Kingdoms sets on clearance unfortunately, so it's all YMMV

[quote name='TheAngryCAG']Went to 2 different K-marts over the weekend and they both had different stuff on clearance at different prices. Neither of mine had any of the Kingdoms sets on clearance unfortunately, so it's all YMMV[/QUOTE]

Yep, I just go into KMart and scan all the sets they have there.

And looking through the new catalog and I wish I bought (or had the money) green grocery store and cafe corner along with the winter sets. I'm loving the winter sets.

Oh yeah I forgot. Target has some PQ sets on sale for 25% off. I bought the tiny little set, but they also had the $30 set on sale - clearance.

Last edited by a moderator:
That's why I don't even bother with Kmart, one closest to me is highly ymmv and the other 2 are always hit and miss with what they have.

[quote name='BattleChicken']i wish i had paid closer attention to the clearance lists.. i really wanted that prison rescue set.[/QUOTE]
You're really going to hate me then...

My modest haul from 2 different Kmarts tonight:
x2 Prison Tower Rescue ($18.50 each)
x2 Rebel Trooper Battlepacks ($5.50 and $4.50)

I also saw the Deep Sea Striker for $8.50 ($17 on clearance plus another 50% off this week). Only found the two Rebel Trooper sets between the two stores so the cat is definitely out of the bag here; tons of Imperial sets at each but they rang up full price at both locations.Good thing I guess, otherwise I would've spent another $20-30 building an army... I might have to go back tomorrow to see if the Hogwarts Express is on sale.

*BTW, I'd be interested in paying cost + shipping (without the boxes) for a few of those Imperial battlepacks others were lucky enough to find discounted.

I ended up selling the second Taj Mahal I had on Amazon. Somebody paid $850 for it plus shipping. Amazon took a nice chunk of fees out of that though.

By the way, sealed Cafe Corner sets are also selling for $700-$800 on ebay. It's too bad I only have one of those :)

[quote name='skiizim']That's why I don't even bother with Kmart, one closest to me is highly ymmv and the other 2 are always hit and miss with what they have.[/QUOTE]

That's how mine work.

The closest one got wiped out the first day of 25%. Not sure of Ebay hoarder or just super small stock to begin with. This is Kmart after all...

The next one only has toy story, snowtrooper packs, and those Hero Factory ones (why is this series still even being produced?)

The last pretty far from the house (out for the fourth) ended up having the most of the three stores (the stuff prior with atlantis and world racers + Prison Tower Rescue). I ended up just grabbing another Prison Tower Rescue for the pieces.

If only mine had some of the Star Wars/Harry Potter love...

[quote name='skiizim']That's why I don't even bother with Kmart, one closest to me is highly ymmv and the other 2 are always hit and miss with what they have.[/QUOTE]

Did you or anyone else happen to hit the Torrance/South Bay KMart on Hawthorne yet? I hit the 3rd Street location across from the L.A. Farmers Market/Grove and there was nothing. Practically no Lego sets at all, hell most of the toy aisles are bare. Any other stores in SoCal with decent pickings?

It's just ridiculous how few are left in L.A. along with Sears. Ah well the commercial land values/leases are just too high for discount department stores here. Yet another trade off of the sunshine tax.

Does anyone know of a website (I've tried looking) where I could find the Fillmore model from the DUPLO set Lego 5829? Any good places to check people selling things like that individually?

[quote name='Blob3001']Does anyone know of a website (I've tried looking) where I could find the Fillmore model from the DUPLO set Lego 5829? Any good places to check people selling things like that individually?[/QUOTE]

www.bricklink.com would be your best bet. Though it doesn't look like they have any yet.

I just stopped at the Kmart in Saugus and they had a clearance section, but no Lego. I scanned a bunch of Kingdoms, Atlantis, HP, and SW sets, but they were still full price.

[quote name='lordopus99']

The next one only has toy story, snowtrooper packs, and those Hero Factory ones (why is this series still even being produced?)
[/QUOTE]

I don't get it either. At least with Bionicle they gave the things different names even when they all look the same. With Hero Factory all they do is "Bob 3.0" and release a "new" model of the same character every 6 months. Do kids fall for that crap? Do parents even bother with it?

And happy page 100!

Anyone willing to trade a Prison Tower Rescue set for a General Greivous Starfighter or Gateway of the squid? Or maybe a few Snowtrooper battle packs?

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back