LEGO Deals 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='scp89']Monday only $25 off 125 when using MasterCard at TRU - combines nicely with the bogo 50% off[/QUOTE]

Ah damn, I only have Visa

So frustrated. Got all kinds of excited, because my TRU had an Emerald Night that somebody had returned and it was listed as a Creator set. But there was nothing (NOTHING) else even close in price for the BOG1/2 sale. Out of Slave 1's. Out of Hogwart's Express. None of the new SW sets. I held onto it for a half hour looking for anything else and ultimately, put it back on the shelf, because I would have essentially been paying full price (Well, except for the free snowman). Ughh... So many empty shelves. So much potential.

[quote name='Darthjer']So frustrated. Got all kinds of excited, because my TRU had an Emerald Night that somebody had returned and it was listed as a Creator set. But there was nothing (NOTHING) else even close in price for the BOG1/2 sale. Out of Slave 1's. Out of Hogwart's Express. None of the new SW sets. I held onto it for a half hour looking for anything else and ultimately, put it back on the shelf, because I would have essentially been paying full price (Well, except for the free snowman). Ughh... So many empty shelves. So much potential.[/QUOTE]

I feel your pain. Every set i wanted i couldnt match up to another with the same price. Stupid TRU and their B1G1 exclusions.

[quote name='Darthjer']So frustrated. Got all kinds of excited, because my TRU had an Emerald Night that somebody had returned and it was listed as a Creator set. But there was nothing (NOTHING) else even close in price for the BOG1/2 sale. Out of Slave 1's. Out of Hogwart's Express. None of the new SW sets. I held onto it for a half hour looking for anything else and ultimately, put it back on the shelf, because I would have essentially been paying full price (Well, except for the free snowman). Ughh... So many empty shelves. So much potential.[/QUOTE]

Crap, that blows. Are there any other Toys R Us's around you? If so, you could have tried buying it there and doing a return/rebuy at another location with hopefully better selection.

[quote name='PANZERGRENADIER']Picked up the Toy Story train at walmart for $54. Not the best deal but the set is slowly disappearing.[/QUOTE]

My local Walmart dropped the Slave 1 to $59.00 and the Clone Tank to $99 today. Picked up special edition Magma Monster Lego game for $2:hot:...grabbed 5 actually for B-day presents to all the parties 6 yr. olds get invited to.

[quote name='PANZERGRENADIER']Picked up the Toy Story train at walmart for $54. Not the best deal but the set is slowly disappearing.[/QUOTE]

I got it as well, but for $44 at my WalMart

I got mine for $56 I think in January. :lol:

I was going to go to Walmart today to check what they have but I ran into an ex / ex friend which is more important than plastic. :p

Not a deal (but if it saves one person from looking at eBay for any Batman stuff...), but fbtb.net is reporting that Comic Con is the launch of Lego getting the entire DC Universe.

[quote name='Darthjer']Not a deal (but if it saves one person from looking at eBay for any Batman stuff...), but fbtb.net is reporting that Comic Con is the launch of Lego getting the entire DC Universe.[/QUOTE]

Oh damn. Very cool news.

I was hoping that with the new Dark Knight Rises that Lego might renew the Batman license... hope it's true.

I just re-read it and it was originally reported by Variety. It'd make sense that they'd go ahead and issue a press release, since the booth is probably already done and stocked in advance of tomorrow night's preview night. The news would be everywhere in about 12 hours either way.

[quote name='Darthjer']I just re-read it and it was originally reported by Variety. It'd make sense that they'd go ahead and issue a press release, since the booth is probably already done and stocked in advance of tomorrow night's preview night. The news would be everywhere in about 12 hours either way.[/QUOTE]

Weird. I figured we would get Marvel because they are owned by Disney. Either way I'll wait for pictures.

[quote name='Darthjer']Not a deal (but if it saves one person from looking at eBay for any Batman stuff...), but fbtb.net is reporting that Comic Con is the launch of Lego getting the entire DC Universe.[/QUOTE]

Super cool. I missed out on Batman during dark ages so pretty excited for this news.

[quote name='lordopus99']They have a website up.
http://www.legosuperheroes.com/

Looks like the Bat Cave will be done based on the prizes.[/QUOTE]

I just geeked out. GL minifigure? Yes please. Plus, my 9yr old has been wanting to make Lego HP movies, so this could be a good start for him to enter the contest.

We won't see any LEGO-Marvel related products for awhile because Hasbro has the majority rights to it, which I don't quite understand considering Mega Bloks has Iron Man. I can't wait to see all the DC stuff. I keep thinking to myself that I'm going to slow down with all the LEGO purchases, but I'm constantly being tempted with either sales that I can't pass up or new sets that are a must for me.

Damn it. I've tried a million times to get into DC. It just doesn't work. I do love the new Batman movies though.

Regardless, I'm in for the $5 and $10 dollar sets because I love superheroes in general and I'm a sucker for tiny sets.

[quote name='Broseph']Damn it. I've tried a million times to get into DC. It just doesn't work.[/QUOTE]

Rumors now indicating it's "Lego Super Heroes" instead of "Lego DC" because they will also be unveiling Cap, Iron Man and Hulk at Comic Con. X-Men & Spidey next May, including Lego Deadpool...

If that's the case, does anybody know any good deals on contractors, so I can add another room to the house strictly for Lego? Or should I start a new thread to ask that?

ETA: DC & Marvel have both issued press releases confirming. I was holding back getting too excited, but this is crazy, cool news...

Last edited by a moderator:
Too bad Lego is privately held, would love to buy some stock in them. They're going to be printing money with the DC and Marvel lines. Especially if they can tie them to Lego video game releases.
whee.gif
indeed.

Marvel+Lego press release:
http://www.prnewswire.com/news-rele...p-in-construction-toy-category-125895068.html

DC+Lego press release:
http://www.prnewswire.com/news-rele...-lego-dc-universe-super-heroes-125892913.html

Isn't Marvel with Megabloks? I thought the Marvel mini-figures from Megabloks are pretty neat. Lego versions are cool, but true to Lego style.

So, is there Lord of the Ring Lego stuff in the pipe? I read something like that here and I never thought of it, but LotR Lego will be super duper cool.

[quote name='ArmyOfFun']Too bad Lego is privately held, would love to buy some stock in them. They're going to be printing money with the DC and Marvel lines. Especially if they can tie them to Lego video game releases.
whee.gif
indeed.

Marvel+Lego press release:
http://www.prnewswire.com/news-rele...p-in-construction-toy-category-125895068.html

DC+Lego press release:
http://www.prnewswire.com/news-rele...-lego-dc-universe-super-heroes-125892913.html[/QUOTE]

I was thinking the same thing! I'm doing the next best thing, applying for a job :bouncy:

I like licensed Lego stuff but due to collecting many other lines I just can't justify spending the money. I do pick up the occasional clearance item at target though. My wife likes to pick up the occasional minifig but my focus is the Creator line of houses, I have them all plus the City house which I got on clearance at Target. I'm hoping the B1G1 half off does continue next week because thats when I get paid. I want to pick up Creator lighthouse and hilltop house. I've seen the lighthouse in TRU but have yet to see the hilltop house anywhere in person besides the Lego store.

After seeing pics of the Marvel/DC minifigs, I'm not really impressed, granted it looks like the Marvel figs are still in the prototype stage. I'm still looking forward to them, though, but I need to see more.

[quote name='El Rey']I like licensed Lego stuff but due to collecting many other lines I just can't justify spending the money. I do pick up the occasional clearance item at target though. My wife likes to pick up the occasional minifig but my focus is the Creator line of houses, I have them all plus the City house which I got on clearance at Target. I'm hoping the B1G1 half off does continue next week because thats when I get paid. I want to pick up Creator lighthouse and hilltop house. I've seen the lighthouse in TRU but have yet to see the hilltop house anywhere in person besides the Lego store.[/QUOTE]

The hillside house has been trickling in TRU the past week or so. They have been selling out pretty quick due to the B1G1 also.

Such cool news about the DC and Marvel licensing. Really pumped about that.

Hit up TRU today to get the Millennium Falcon, but they only had one left and the box was bent to all hell. Just gonna stick it out for Target to get it. I really hope it doesn't take another month though. Any word on that?

I did however pick up two Creator sets. Light House Island and Log Cabin. What great sets... such good value.

[quote name='NCrush']Such cool news about the DC and Marvel licensing. Really pumped about that.

Hit up TRU today to get the Millennium Falcon, but they only had one left and the box was bent to all hell. Just gonna stick it out for Target to get it. I really hope it doesn't take another month though. Any word on that?

I did however pick up two Creator sets. Light House Island and Log Cabin. What great sets... such good value.[/QUOTE]

Still waiting for a good deal for the Light House, but I picked up the Log cabin a while back. I really, really like the Log Cabin, and wouldn't mind picking up a second set on Sale.

Holy crap. The 50% off deal worked for a Millenium Falcon and a Grand Emporium. Didn't realize that was even possible. Hurray!

Drops I saw at Target today...

New ones included City Corner and the Tanker Truck at 30% off.

Jedi shuttle for $30 (one store only so far), Tie defender for $24, and Arc fighter for $42.

TS Pizza truck for $20 and Trash compactor for $25 I think.

POC Escape from London for $25 and the other $20 set (not the fountain) for $10. Need to check the one store out of a dozen that has White cap bay on clearance to see if it dropped.

Cars ultimate Lightning McQueen and the ultimate Italian race car for $15 each as well as Flo's diner for $42...my store is the only one I've seen this one on clearance.

City passenger plane for $27 and fire boat for $25.

Atlantis Gateway still $20 (about 15 each in half the stores I've gone to) and the transforming sub one for $22 I think.

HP Hagrid's hut and the other house for 30% off still but the Quiditch match dropped to $10.

Lego games dropped to 50% off too...banana balance, racing one, lava one.

I spotted the El Hoardera and her two kids today at Target. She went down the Lego aisle just looking at the spots where clearance was with sheet in hand and her shopping cart. She was hitting all the high profile toy type aisles.

The only remaining clearance items didn't have any more drop today. All that was left was the expensive World Racers set at 30% and TS Pizza Truck at 50%. The rest of the stuff was completely gone (note I was in the aisle when the person doing the clearance was in it).

On another note, I spotted one of the new Star Wars set (Sith Infiltrator) there. Priced at Lego MSRP.

[quote name='lordopus99']I spotted the El Hoardera and her two kids today at Target. She went down the Lego aisle just looking at the spots where clearance was with sheet in hand and her shopping cart. She was hitting all the high profile toy type aisles. [/QUOTE]
Maybe I am wrong, but I had the impression that several of us here hoard the LEGOs when they get to 1/2 off. I know any of the smaller sets I pick quite a few to build armies. This most recent Target clearance I picked up several scarabs and several Prison Carriage Rescues for that purpose.

Quick question for the LEGO experts here at CAG - I want to pick up a couple of sets for my daughter and me (she'll be 4 soon, so no Duplo for us) and I think Lego Sets 6166 and 6177 might be what I'm looking for.

Thoughts? Should I look into something else similar? Will we need anything else like an extra platform or wheels? So far Amazon seems to be the cheapest ($26.99 and $29.75) but I'd be open to another site/store if they were cheaper.

Also saw the big blue bucket for $35, normally $50. These types of sets are good for getting lots of generic pieces cheap especially for that transition from Duplo.

Was going through our present closet for my daughter's birthday and found this
7093.jpg
that I had got from Target years ago when my daughter was 2 before I even had my son because it was $12.50 (75% off) and lego is never that cheap. For kicks, I looked it up online and found that its listed on ebay, amazon, and some toy stores online for over $300. Crazy...... now I need to find the best way to sell it because my son's not getting a $300 lego set, that is for sure. Anyway have any ideas on what the best route to sell it would be?

To add to the clearance thread (and this may already be on there, I didn't go back and read old posts) Target has Series 4 mini figure packs for 74 cents (75% off). Target by my house (Ballwin, MO) had a bunch, another Target I went to had none, but all the PofP lego they had for 50% (and they had a ton) was completely gone.

Yeah, you should sell that and get your kid the LEGO 7947 Kingdoms Prison Tower Rescue which is $41 on Amazon. I think 7947 is cooler, but that's just my opinion.

The skellie tower is awesome, and a very nice gentleman here shipped me out one for cheap. However if it's $300 bucks sell the damn thing and by the new tower set, hell, buy the whole damn Kingdoms theme.

[quote name='lostfan']Was going through our present closet for my daughter's birthday and found this
7093.jpg
that I had got from Target years ago when my daughter was 2 before I even had my son because it was $12.50 (75% off) and lego is never that cheap. For kicks, I looked it up online and found that its listed on ebay, amazon, and some toy stores online for over $300. Crazy...... now I need to find the best way to sell it because my son's not getting a $300 lego set, that is for sure. Anyway have any ideas on what the best route to sell it would be?

To add to the clearance thread (and this may already be on there, I didn't go back and read old posts) Target has Series 4 mini figure packs for 74 cents (75% off). Target by my house (Ballwin, MO) had a bunch, another Target I went to had none, but all the PofP lego they had for 50% (and they had a ton) was completely gone.[/QUOTE]

I'd say sell it on Amazon for just a bit under the current rate (So yours is the cheapest, but not by a huge amount), buy your kid $100 worth of legos and use the $200 to buy yourself a gift.

[quote name='lostfan']Was going through our present closet for my daughter's birthday and found this that I had got from Target years ago when my daughter was 2 before I even had my son because it was $12.50 (75% off) and lego is never that cheap. For kicks, I looked it up online and found that its listed on ebay, amazon, and some toy stores online for over $300. Crazy...... now I need to find the best way to sell it because my son's not getting a $300 lego set, that is for sure. Anyway have any ideas on what the best route to sell it would be?[/QUOTE]

I agree with TheAngryCAG, sell it on Amazon. I've had awesome luck selling for just below the crazy sellers and it sells within the week.

That is one great set though, I bought mine for $10 over MSRP right after it went OOP.

Passenger Plane stayed at 33.98 today

Battle of Alamut is OOS at walmart.com

Another 20% off coupon came in my email for TRU for tomorrow. I'll probably get the 9.99 Alien Conquest set.

The Targets I went to on Wednesday had a couple of sets, but nothing special. The HP quidditch set was $13. I'm going back tomorrow to see what they have. Other than that, they had some City stuff - Passenger Plane, Police HQ, and others I can't remember - for 15-30% off.

My future looks like Lostfan's present.

I've started to bank clearance sets for my son, who is one and won't be playing with Legos for a long while.

I have, though, been constructing some of the sets.. I'll get bored at night and just decide to put one of them together. I figure by the time BattleChicken Jr. is old enough to play with them he'll just have a rubbermaid bin or two full of pieces.

[quote name='lostfan']Was going through our present closet for my daughter's birthday and found this
7093.jpg

To add to the clearance thread (and this may already be on there, I didn't go back and read old posts) Target has Series 4 mini figure packs for 74 cents (75% off). Target by my house (Ballwin, MO) had a bunch, another Target I went to had none, but all the PofP lego they had for 50% (and they had a ton) was completely gone.[/QUOTE]

Awww man, I have a little 3-almost 4 year old who would go absolutely mental for that set. He's obsessed with the lego skeletons/trolls and dragons.

I've been trying to get my hands on some affordable Castle series sets for a while....it's so hard though. The inflation for that series seems to be through the roof!

If I could afford the $300 for that set, I'd take it off you in an instant. What a great find, and what an awesome steal for 12.50!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back