LEGO Deals 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='dragonjud']It's all very YMMV. Toys clearance 'usually' gets done on either Thursday or Friday. I know one local store that's very good at getting it done on time on Thursday. The other 2-3 stores, will usually get it done by Friday at some point. You basically have to acknowledge that you'll lose both time and gas, to try and get some of the more wanted items.[/QUOTE]

I'm sure this is all very YMMV, but I NEED some of the HP sets at Target. They are currently ringing up full price. Is there a chance that they go from non-clearance to 75% off tomorrow? All three Targets in my area have them full price.

Thanks for any insight!

[quote name='Pyloric']I'm sure this is all very YMMV, but I NEED some of the HP sets at Target. They are currently ringing up full price. Is there a chance that they go from non-clearance to 75% off tomorrow? All three Targets in my area have them full price.

Thanks for any insight![/QUOTE]

I think husher has mentioned of something like this before but but as you said YMMV.

[quote name='skiizim']I think husher has mentioned of something like this before but but as you said YMMV.[/QUOTE]
Thanks.

I've done better than I thought I would so far. These deals are helping me get back into Legos nicely. So far I have gotten:

HP Dobby
HP Quidditch
Halo (Mega Bloks) Arctic Wolverine
Sea Plane
SW Hoth Wampa Cave

I got extras of the following in an attempt to trade/sell to get other Harry Potter/Star Wars/Halo sets. (Hogwarts Express is #1 priority though.)

SW Freeco Speeder x 3
HP Burrow x 3
City Passenger Plane x 2

3 Burrows?!?!?!?! I was trying to look for that set around here, I had a front desk associate check the surrounding Kmart's for one but they were oos. I guess I'll stick with the one I picked up at Target for $42 but I was hoping for one at $23. I talked to one employee that was doing price checks, he said they had two but he helped himself to what they had. ='(

Yeah, I nabbed one Burrow from Target for $30 a week or so ago. Just found 2 for $23 each at Kmart for trading fodder. Looking for Hogwarts Express and/or Castle now!

Although, my best recent pickup was a Chamber of Secrets for $5 at a yard sale, and it was complete!

The two KMart sets I really want are passenger plane and cursed cobra statue, but they've come up full price at the ones I've been to. If the planes go 50% at Target, I'll buy one and hope that Kmart will have some on clearance before the promotion is over so I can return the Target one.

[quote name='Pyloric']Yeah, I nabbed one Burrow from Target for $30 a week or so ago. Just found 2 for $23 each at Kmart for trading fodder. Looking for Hogwarts Express and/or Castle now!

Although, my best recent pickup was a Chamber of Secrets for $5 at a yard sale, and it was complete![/QUOTE]

I bought the chamber years ago new from Walmart for $12.

It's funny how Spiderman and HP dont sell well enough to stay away from clearance, yet in a few years will be huge demands.

Yeah, my Target was picked clean of LEGO clearance. Last time I checked though, there wasn't much anyway. I almost forgot today was "the day" so I didn't get there until 10:15 or so (2 hours after they opened) and one of the first things I saw was a family of 4 with 4 carts FILLED with clearance toys, followed by several similar situations in the toy aisle (I didn't see anyone with LEGO, fortunately for my sanity).

I did manage to score Robo Champ in the Lego games for $2.74 or so, was still marked at $7.xx so I think the hoarding hordes missed it. Also picked up an electronic Boba Fett helmet for $8.74...was surprised to find that I could actually WEAR it once I got it home and assembled it. Other than that, a very dissapointing Target July clearance...last year I picked up a good deal of other cool toys for 75% off, this year...nothing that great.

[quote name='PANZERGRENADIER']Target has 75% clearance. Didn't see much left.[/QUOTE]

My Target by my house didn't go 75% off yet. I checked today. Well, unless its not all clearance, they've had some ZuhZuh (or whatever they are called) at 75% for seemingly years............ nothing else though.

[quote name='TheHelix']I got a passenger plane for 19.98. Was gonna get the airport for 49.98 but the box was open.[/QUOTE]

The Target I went to on Tuesday had at least 15 planes for $30. However I have no clue when I will make it back to the store to see if they are $20.

I don't know what is up with BN, but it looks like the 30% off coupon is working online again, and they just added some of the alien conquest and new star wars sets. I was really hoping for the new Kingdoms sets, but a pretty decent deal on some of those sets.
Oh, and the code:
D4J7V3X

Love the randomness of the clearance per store. The 'good' store did their clearance on time, but I only found some stuff I wanted. Got a passenger plane, and some PoTC sets. None of the Harry Potter sets were left...seems at each store either they were picked clean this week, or the workers got the one or two sets that were left.

So, I took my chances and went to the other local stores. Neither store had even begun to update their prices. Got tired of wasting gas. Will try tomorrow, and hope there're a few things left.

What HP sets were on clearance at Target other than the small ones? Stopped at a Target that had a bunch but the price scanners were down and i didnt feel like taking everything up front.

[quote name='PANZERGRENADIER']What HP sets were on clearance at Target other than the small ones? Stopped at a Target that had a bunch but the price scanners were down and i didnt feel like taking everything up front.[/QUOTE]

I have seen everything but the Knight Bus and Hogwarts Castle on clearance during this sale span.

My location did the 75%. The store was picked clean. They set up two aisles away from toys filled with it all. Those aisle were trashed at noon. My store typically did clearance midday so figures the day of this they do it prior to store opening... I ended up grabbing a Ultimate Build Lightning McQueen ($7). It was completely unmarked in a different section. I also found an unmarked Fire Boat ($12) but didn't figure I would want it. As I checked out, a guy mentioned a lady bought 3 shopping carts filled to brim of toys. :cry:

On another note, my Target had set up the Lego aisle with all the new sets. In fact, they forced out the Megablocks/K-Nex/etc to another aisle so now there are 2 complete shelf spaces for Lego, including one end block.

[quote name='PANZERGRENADIER']What HP sets were on clearance at Target other than the small ones? Stopped at a Target that had a bunch but the price scanners were down and i didnt feel like taking everything up front.[/QUOTE]

The Burrows and Hagrid's Hut should've been at 50-75% off this week at all my local stores. Of course, they all disappeared earlier in the week (Tuesday or so)...leading to my conspiracy theories:lol:. Most, if not all, the smaller sets should've also been at that price point. The train and the larger castle sets are all excluded (locally at least).

[quote name='ackbar7']I don't know what is up with BN, but it looks like the 30% off coupon is working online again, and they just added some of the alien conquest and new star wars sets. I was really hoping for the new Kingdoms sets, but a pretty decent deal on some of those sets.
Oh, and the code:
D4J7V3X[/QUOTE]

Didnt see the new sets online.

Saw the burrows and hagrids hut at the target today. none had stickers but i will check them if i head back that way.

[quote name='dragonjud']Love the randomness of the clearance per store. The 'good' store did their clearance on time, but I only found some stuff I wanted. Got a passenger plane, and some PoTC sets.[/QUOTE]

what potc sets did you get and how much?

I stopped at 2 targets today and picked up:
Kingdoms Carriage - $2.50
Random $10 Atlantis set - $2.74
Harry Potter Quidditch - $5

The ones I didn't get were:
Passenger Plane - $20
TS Trash Compactor - $25
PQ Cursed Cobra - $7.48
Cars Ultimate Build McQueen - $7.48 (this was in somebody's cart already)

I'm looking for Hagrid's Hut if anybody has an extra. You can look at the Lego group page for what I have to trade.

[quote name='bigdaddy']The Target I went to on Tuesday had at least 15 planes for $30. However I have no clue when I will make it back to the store to see if they are $20.[/QUOTE]

Do your best to get back. I saw an old lady buy 4 planes today.

ackbar7: Thanks for the bn code. I picked up Ewok Attack and padded it with HP Forbidden Forest for $32 shipped. It would have been smarter to get the new HP Hogwarts, but I'm anxious to get the Ewok Attack.

I was at K-mart this morning and I found an HP Train and HP Burrows! I guess they survived this long because they were not marked as reduced.

[quote name='encendido5']I stopped at 2 targets today and picked up:
Kingdoms Carriage - $2.50
Random $10 Atlantis set - $2.74
Harry Potter Quidditch - $5

The ones I didn't get were:
Passenger Plane - $20
TS Trash Compactor - $25
PQ Cursed Cobra - $7.48
Cars Ultimate Build McQueen - $7.48 (this was in somebody's cart already)

I'm looking for Hagrid's Hut if anybody has an extra. You can look at the Lego group page for what I have to trade.[/QUOTE]

I was just there yesterday at my Target and they were still 5.50.. I wonder if they just dropped today. If so, i may make a trip to my target on the way home tonight.

[quote name='PANZERGRENADIER']what potc sets did you get and how much?[/QUOTE]

The Cannibal escape down to $7.48 or so. There was one other small set, but it was open, so I didn't get it. It was not the water one.
I saw the larger $50+ sets down to $38.00 or so, but that store had not yet updated today.

Went to TRU today and took advantage of the Buy One Get One 40% off sale and picked up Creator Hillside House and Creator Lighthouse
Stopped by a Target after that and didn't see anything hit the 75% mark yet but there were a ton of City passenger planes at 50% off. Gonna try and hit another Target and Kmart later

[quote name='TheHelix']Do your best to get back. I saw an old lady buy 4 planes today.[/QUOTE]

My Targets don't follow any pattern that everyone else talks about here.

Plus I need to save money anyways, so if it's gone I won't cry.

Target dropped some of their clearance to 75%. Man what a zoo that place was. Saw several women shoving anything with a clearance tag into their cart. Luckily they weren't smart enough to look behind other items for hidden/misplaced lego sets. I got Prison Tower Rescue for $12.50, Ultimate Build Lightning McQueen for $7.48, a few of the $4.99 Pharaohs Quest and Atlantis sets for $1.24 each.

I've got a few small sets hidden waiting for 75% off on those.

Ripped from Slickdeals:

Walmart has Star Wars Lego: The Padawan Menace w/ Minifigure pre-order (Blu-ray + DVD) for $13 with free shipping.

http://www.walmart.com/ip/17057164?...=38082348503604504969&wmlspartner=lw9MynSeamY

0002454376230_300X300.jpg

I hit three Targets today. Only thing I was able to get was a Halo Banshee (Mega Bloks). So bummed none of the Targets had Hogwarts Express marked as clearance. :(

Kids and I were at Target at around 9:30 this morning and there were 5 different women with shopping carts and they were loading them up with everything they could find whether or not they actually wanted the stuff. I was in the Lego section with my son and I asked him to come look at the passenger plane when one of the ladies stepped in front of me and grabbed both planes and put them in her cart. She told me I could have one if she decided she wasn't going to get both!!!

And the one Target that had White Cap Bay on clearance dropped every set except for White Cap Bay...plus they got in 3 new Queen Anne ships...regular price. :wall:

I didn't even bother with Target today, they were kind of bare when I went last weekend. I would have gone if I got the day off from work but I did that yesterday and did some Kmart picking. I wish I would have gone to the Kmart by my route, they had a ton of stuff marked on clearance that I haven't seen in other stores like the Bounty Hunter Gunship and General Grievous Fighter. I only found a few Wampa Caves, a Freeco Speeder, some Hero Factory stuff and some battle packs.

[quote name='180husher']Kids and I were at Target at around 9:30 this morning and there were 5 different women with shopping carts and they were loading them up with everything they could find whether or not they actually wanted the stuff. I was in the Lego section with my son and I asked him to come look at the passenger plane when one of the ladies stepped in front of me and grabbed both planes and put them in her cart. She told me I could have one if she decided she wasn't going to get both!!!

And the one Target that had White Cap Bay on clearance dropped every set except for White Cap Bay...plus they got in 3 new Queen Anne ships...regular price. :wall:[/QUOTE]

That's when you go by here cart a little later, grab both of the sets and tell her "You can have one if you kiss my ass and pay full price you fucking cunt!"

[quote name='180husher']Kids and I were at Target at around 9:30 this morning and there were 5 different women with shopping carts and they were loading them up with everything they could find whether or not they actually wanted the stuff. I was in the Lego section with my son and I asked him to come look at the passenger plane when one of the ladies stepped in front of me and grabbed both planes and put them in her cart. She told me I could have one if she decided she wasn't going to get both!!!

And the one Target that had White Cap Bay on clearance dropped every set except for White Cap Bay...plus they got in 3 new Queen Anne ships...regular price. :wall:[/QUOTE]

Damn, that sucks. If you still want one, let me know. They had a bunch of them at my local Target.

[quote name='skiizim']I didn't even bother with Target today, they were kind of bare when I went last weekend. I would have gone if I got the day off from work but I did that yesterday and did some Kmart picking. I wish I would have gone to the Kmart by my route, they had a ton of stuff marked on clearance that I haven't seen in other stores like the Bounty Hunter Gunship and General Grievous Fighter. I only found a few Wampa Caves, a Freeco Speeder, some Hero Factory stuff and some battle packs.[/QUOTE]

Better check your targets. when i went yesterday they had all the big harry potters sets that i swear weren't there last week. they didnt even have price tags on them yet so i assume they were new from the back. to bad they werent on clearance.

I tried my first return/rebuy @ Target, but it was an epic fail. Bought the smaller HP Hogwarts, Hagrid's Hut, and Hogwarts Express for 30% off last Friday. Took them in today (after verifying that they were 75% off at my store), and was told I could return them, but would have to wait...possibly hours, before they would hit the store floor again before rebuying them. D'oh! Asked, politely, for a manager, who gave me the same run around. Left with my product in hand, then went to another store. This store still had all HP @ full price...so no dice.

If I find another store who had them reduced to 75%, are there any tactics I could use to get this actually done, or do I need to stalk the store for hours if I want to return them?

[quote name='bigdaddy']Prim, or anyone who works at a toy store, have you seen if the series 5 minifigures are out yet, or in the backroom?[/QUOTE]

None reported at Target yet.

[quote name='donniedroc']I tried my first return/rebuy @ Target, but it was an epic fail. Bought the smaller HP Hogwarts, Hagrid's Hut, and Hogwarts Express for 30% off last Friday. Took them in today (after verifying that they were 75% off at my store), and was told I could return them, but would have to wait...possibly hours, before they would hit the store floor again before rebuying them. D'oh! Asked, politely, for a manager, who gave me the same run around. Left with my product in hand, then went to another store. This store still had all HP @ full price...so no dice.

If I find another store who had them reduced to 75%, are there any tactics I could use to get this actually done, or do I need to stalk the store for hours if I want to return them?[/QUOTE]

Note sure if this works but can't you go there with a friend or anyone you know and you return it and have that other person rebuy it? It is technically not you rebuying so they shouldn't have a problem with that should they?

Technically a deal (that Toys N Bricks posted): For those of us that held out too long before buying, Winter Toy Shop has been back in and out of stock on Amazon for the past few days. It's in stock for now, but if it goes out, check back later. It's MSRP, (which is a deal compared to what I've seen it going for elsewhere). I grabbed one.

[quote name='donniedroc']I tried my first return/rebuy @ Target, but it was an epic fail. Bought the smaller HP Hogwarts, Hagrid's Hut, and Hogwarts Express for 30% off last Friday. Took them in today (after verifying that they were 75% off at my store), and was told I could return them, but would have to wait...possibly hours, before they would hit the store floor again before rebuying them. D'oh! Asked, politely, for a manager, who gave me the same run around. Left with my product in hand, then went to another store. This store still had all HP @ full price...so no dice.

If I find another store who had them reduced to 75%, are there any tactics I could use to get this actually done, or do I need to stalk the store for hours if I want to return them?[/QUOTE]

You might consider it a "run around" but if they allowed the return and rebuy it would have 2 effects. First it would make tiered markdowns meaningless because everyone could just get the items at the lowest price thus ruining any profit margin for Target. Second, it would have the effect of instead of people clearing out the shelves the day things hit 75%, they would buy it at first markdown, sit on it until it dropped further and then waste the service desk team members' time by making them price adjust every guest when they came in.

I can accept a lot of gripes with Target, particularly being a former team member myself, but it makes perfect business sense for them to deny the return-rebuy.

[quote name='absolut3']Note sure if this works but can't you go there with a friend or anyone you know and you return it and have that other person rebuy it? It is technically not you rebuying so they shouldn't have a problem with that should they?[/QUOTE]

I normally don't comment on this stuff, but it's well known that you cannot do a return & buy at the new price at the same time at Target.

Don't complain when someone is simply following company rules. I know you're trying to play the game, but you're also trying to play it unfairly for everyone who has to deal with the randomness of the Target drops. You're just as bad as the people who hide items.

[quote name='bigdaddy']Prim, or anyone who works at a toy store, have you seen if the series 5 minifigures are out yet, or in the backroom?[/QUOTE]

Not yet. I'm not seeing any inventory at all around locally.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back