LEGO Deals 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
WOW! Didn't expect this kind of response at all. Sorry if I offended anyone, certainly not my intention. Thought I had seen the return/rebuy tactic @Target here on the Lego thread, but in research, it is on the Target Clearance games thread.

I totally get that Target is in business to make money, but I take offense at 'you are as bad as those who hide things'. I was sincerely unaware about the last Thur of July discount (I would have waited and taken my chances).

Sounds like I should return and take my chances, or be happy with my 30% discount. Fair either way, I guess.

[quote name='donniedroc']WOW! Didn't expect this kind of response at all. Sorry if I offended anyone, certainly not my intention. Thought I had seen the return/rebuy tactic @Target here on the Lego thread, but in research, it is on the Target Clearance games thread.

I totally get that Target is in business to make money, but I take offense at 'you are as bad as those who hide things'. I was sincerely unaware about the last Thur of July discount (I would have waited and taken my chances).

Sounds like I should return and take my chances, or be happy with my 30% discount. Fair either way, I guess.[/QUOTE]

I'm not gonna criticize you, or anyone else, for trying but if it doesn't work there's no reason to get mad at the Target employees and managers.

Went to tru today and picked up two small sets with the bogo and the 20% coupon in the email worked on the item that was higher priced after bogo.

My opinion on clearance is if its something hard to find or i really want it now i buy at 30%. if i find the same thing later for less i buy again and return the old one.

I kinda feel bad about what I just did to a couple of Targets:

2x Cursed Cobra ($9)
2x Hagrid's Hut ($10)
2x London Escape ($13)
2x Whitecap Bay ($20)
2x Quidditch ($5)
2x Carriage Rescue ($3)
2x Scarab Attack ($2)
1x Fire Boat ($13)

All 75% off, only the small sets were marked. Planning on keeping one of each (except the Fire Boat--thought a few people here were looking for one of those), but will trade the others. Is anyone using that Lego CAG group for trading? Seems quiet all the time.

Woo.. I managed to get a prison rescue for 75% off..!

It's one of those sets that really brings on the nostalgia since it's similar to some things I built when I was a kid with my own Legos... Legos I don't have anymore; They were given away without my consent/knowledge to kids who's parents turned around and sold them for next to nothing to buy drugs.

I didn't mind so much when it happened, but now that I have a kid of my own I'm irritated since I really enjoyed building things myself and I want to share that with BattleChicken Jr. The first day I posted in this thread is the day I decided I was going to build Jr. a collection... and build it I have.

Now you know of my mystical origin in the Lego Deals thread.

Last edited by a moderator:
:lol: Guess I shouldn't post after arguing with the wife. Didn't really mean to insult anyone, and the randomness of Target drops does get on my nerves sometimes.

Visited the last local store today, and it was even more of a mess than expected. Top drops were at 50%, and nothing I really wanted. Did see a Star Wars ship that I didn't see anywhere else. Don't quite remember the name, but it's somewhat circular in shape (ah, set 8087). And seemed overpriced even at 50% (28.xx)

One of the Targets has started to carry the new K'nex Mario Kart track sets. Only mentioning it since it is a Lego competitor. They don't seem too bad, although it reminds me of why I hate the Lego Factory line.

[quote name='WiiNet']I kinda feel bad about what I just did to a couple of Targets:

2x Cursed Cobra ($9)
2x Hagrid's Hut ($10)
2x London Escape ($13)
2x Whitecap Bay ($20)
2x Quidditch ($5)
2x Carriage Rescue ($3)
2x Scarab Attack ($2)
1x Fire Boat ($13)

All 75% off, only the small sets were marked. Planning on keeping one of each (except the Fire Boat--thought a few people here were looking for one of those), but will trade the others. Is anyone using that Lego CAG group for trading? Seems quiet all the time.[/QUOTE]

Where the hell are you that has that much and no one snatched it up at 50%?

My only two rarely clearence unless it's a set NO ONE wants, like PoP ostrich race.

I doubt I'll find anything this weekend. Last weekend was nothing too.

[quote name='xycury']Where the hell are you that has that much and no one snatched it up at 50%?

My only two rarely clearence unless it's a set NO ONE wants, like PoP ostrich race.

I doubt I'll find anything this weekend. Last weekend was nothing too.[/QUOTE]

None of it was marked, so people assumed they were full price. Win.

Also found a PoP Ostrich Race today, expecting it to be 75+% off, but wasn't even in the system. Wasn't going to pay $10 for it.

[quote name='WiiNet']None of it was marked, so people assumed they were full price. Win.[/QUOTE]

i think that is going to happen quite a bit. they seem to be cleaning out the back rooms. maybe we will see some sets go back to regular price in a few days. the one target a i went to yesterday had all the older big harry potter sets and they were full price again.

hmmm, my Target had a lot of empty shelves and only a handful of items with the clearance tags still on them. Mostly Atlantis stuff which I don't really want. I did see some of them sets people are saying they got on clearance, but they were marked full price. I randomly grabbed some and scanned and they still were. Maybe I should just load up a shopping cart and scan away!

[quote name='jbz'] Maybe I should just load up a shopping cart and scan away![/QUOTE]

Thats what i do. If its something remotely good, SCAN IT! you never know what you will find. Yesterday i got two atlantis and one pharaoh quest sets at 50% to 75% off and two of the stickers were wrong.

I scan anything that I am interested in at target. Sometimes the tags are not updated yet.
When I was in Kmart I asked the lady worker where the nearest scanner was and she said what do you need it for all the prices are on the shelf under the toys and everything is marked right! I looked at her and asked her where the scanner was again. She was very wrong and so many toys were at a deep discount.

I am the same way. If I feel something looks like it should be clearanced and I am interested in it, I scan it each time I am in Target. Plenty of things don't get tagged correctly, especially in toys.

[quote name='mickeyp']I scan anything that I am interested in at target. Sometimes the tags are not updated yet.
When I was in Kmart I asked the lady worker where the nearest scanner was and she said what do you need it for all the prices are on the shelf under the toys and everything is marked right! I looked at her and asked her where the scanner was again. She was very wrong and so many toys were at a deep discount.[/QUOTE]
I ALWAYS scan at Kmart, no matter what...even things I wouldn't think would be marked down. Scored the General Greivous Starfighter as well as NinjaGo minifigures for the boys.

Found the TS trash compactor set for $12.50. They had a ton of them too, all unmarked. I also picked up a 700 piece blue bucket for $12.50. It seemed like a good deal. I don't think I'm going to find the HP hut or dobby set at this point though.

By the way, I was talking to my buddy that works at a Target in TX. He said some guy bought 3 or 4 carts full of toys. He had a tax exempt card and apparently had his own store. There's not much Target can do about it, but man that sucks.

[quote name='encendido5']Found the TS trash compactor set for $12.50. They had a ton of them too, all unmarked. I also picked up a 700 piece blue bucket for $12.50. It seemed like a good deal. I don't think I'm going to find the HP hut or dobby set at this point though.
[/QUOTE]

The big blue buckets are on clearance at some targets? I'll have to scan them the next time I go in.

Series 5 was supposed to come out in a few weeks but now it's by mid September. Maybe Lego will do a new series every 4 months instead of 3.

damn, I guess I'll start scanning more now then. I had visited this Target twice last week and one day everything seemed normal, 2 days later, tons of stuff gone. Does Target do clearance the same day of the month/week or is it random?

Found 2 hogwarts trains for 30 each, gen grievous ship for 18.50, and the prison tower rescue for 18.50 at another kmart today. I'm getting pretty damn lucky.

[quote name='jbz']damn, I guess I'll start scanning more now then. I had visited this Target twice last week and one day everything seemed normal, 2 days later, tons of stuff gone. Does Target do clearance the same day of the month/week or is it random?[/QUOTE]

Usually the toy clearance is Thursday or Friday. The amount prices drop is different between Targets though. One may be full price and one might be 50% off.

[quote name='jbz']damn, I guess I'll start scanning more now then. I had visited this Target twice last week and one day everything seemed normal, 2 days later, tons of stuff gone. Does Target do clearance the same day of the month/week or is it random?[/QUOTE]

Just start scanning random things when you hear about clearance. But it's still YMMV because I scanned the $50 PotC and it came up $50.

[quote name='encendido5']Found the TS trash compactor set for $12.50. They had a ton of them too, all unmarked. I also picked up a 700 piece blue bucket for $12.50. It seemed like a good deal. I don't think I'm going to find the HP hut or dobby set at this point though.

By the way, I was talking to my buddy that works at a Target in TX. He said some guy bought 3 or 4 carts full of toys. He had a tax exempt card and apparently had his own store. There's not much Target can do about it, but man that sucks.[/QUOTE]

Does your buddy happen to be in Austin?

Clearance used to be pretty good here, but all at once it started disappearing, seemingly overnight.

[quote name='NCrush']is the Kmart clearance over now?[/QUOTE]

extra clearance % off at kmart is over as of sat closing - too bad as I did not know and made it to kmart today that had some stuff only to find out it ended yesterday

Normally wouldn't post this here, but since about 8 people have asked about my extra sets... have my updated list available in the CAG group (here, I think). I will be PM'ing you back individually in a few minutes, need a break right now.

Also, everyone should use that group to trade, because it's cool and stuff.

[quote name='smergb']Does your buddy happen to be in Austin?

Clearance used to be pretty good here, but all at once it started disappearing, seemingly overnight.[/QUOTE]

He's in the DFW area.

I went to a different target today but there wasn't anything left except for random Tron and some puzzle set to make mosaics.

I did forget to post about the technic 8051 motorcycle/chopper. It was $20- 50% off.

[quote name='PANZERGRENADIER']Picked up a Battle of Alamut, Tie Defender, and Lightning Mcqueen all for 75% off at Target today.[/QUOTE]

Really surprised your Target still had these, but good finds.

[quote name='TheHelix']Really surprised your Target still had these, but good finds.[/QUOTE]

The Battle for Alamut was marked 30% off and rang up for salvage but they decided they could sell it for $20 even though the lowest it went was $40. The Defender wasnt marked clearance and the Mcqueen was on a endcap marked 30% off. All at different Targets.

So of course I was in Vegas most of last week and the weekend, and just got the intel on the big drop at Target (which I was expecting). I actually went to the store with the best discounts first thing this morning, and while the shelves were absolutely cleared out (heard plenty of stories similar to what's been reported about roving bands of hoarders/resellers clearing anything and everything out), I had the bulk of the sets I've been picking up at Target in my car with me, along with their receipts. When I went in and started entering DPCI numbers into one of the scanners, my eyes nearly popped out of my head.

Quickly went back to the car and grabbed my sets to attempt return/rebuys. I ended up getting everything price adjusted via return/rebuys. I know some have mentioned that it's frowned upon, however I'm only buying for personal collection and my children and for gifts etc., and it is perfectly legal. I merely told the CSR I wanted to change my method of payment/credit card I used to buy these. She said I would have to do a return/rebuy, and she said it was no problem. To the guy who asked for tips, the most important in my opinion is to be polite, and play ignorant to the fact this is against their policy. I would not recommend mentioning that you bought these at other stores, or that these are on clearance, or anything to that effect. Merely that you want to change your payment method. They should then say that they either can't do it, or would need to do a return/rebuy. If they say they can't, then you suggest the possibility of returning the item and rebuying it. Just remember to be polite because it is absolutely at their discretion and in fact against their policy to offer immediate return/rebuys (particularly on items with enormous pricing disparity between return/original purchase price and rebuy price).

So I got the following:

Fire Boat $12.48 (- additional 5% for Target RedCard - originally purchased for $24.98)
Prison Tower Rescue $12.48 (- additional 5% for Target RedCard - originally purchased for $24.98)
Hogwarts Express $20.98 (- additional 5% for Target RedCard - originally purchased for $44.98)
Hogwarts Burrows $14.98 (- additional 5% for Target RedCard - originally purchased for $34.98)
Prison Carriage $2.98 (- additional 5% for Target RedCard - originally purchased for $5.48)

Then I went to another Target and picked up the Passenger Plane for $9.98, and 2x HP Quidditch set for $4.98 apiece. Only other Lego set on clearance actually in stock were the endless supplies of Atlantis Squid for $19.98 and a lone City Camper for $12.52.

------------------------------

I really wish Target would clearance the Hoth Wampa Cave set, though.

Also noted at the first location that the following sets were 75% off in the system, but of course none in stock. I've already found a few at other stores at full price or less of a discount, so I'm going to make a few more attempts at return/rebuy at the 75% off location:

Scanning/Ringing up at:

Hagrid $12.48
Fire Off Road Truck/Boat $9.98
City Corner $14.98
Jedi Shuttle $14.98
Palpatine Shuttle $14.98
Isla de Muerte $4.98 :hot:
White Cap Bay $19.98 :hot:
London Escape $12.48 :hot:
Cannibal Escape $7.48 :hot:
Flo's Cafe $14.98 :hot:

Definitely got it down to an art don't you. After driving to assloads of kmarts and targets the past two weeks i think i'll accept my 50% deals in leu of loading all this shit back in my truck and trying to get reductions. Already have seen most of the targets by me already going back to full price on a lot of the sets i got. I'll be inside with the A/C blazing building some of these badboys.

I can't believe that the PotC sets are getting tagged at 75% off, since the movie was just out 2 months ago.

What is Target thinking.... that and why my Target can't match... I swear I have the anti Target to all other holy Targets that do 75 % all.

The most I see is 50 and that's when it's already gone.

[quote name='TheHelix']TS3 garbage truck is 30 at the lego store.[/QUOTE]

Only set I'm missing in that line...MUST...GET!

Thanks for the update.

And I hear you, Panzer. I just left the sets in my trunk (along with their receipts), since I figured eventually I would most likely find them at least scanning for much less, if not physically find any remaining in the stores. With my daily travels, I go near a half dozen Targets or more every week, so it's easy enough for me to spend 10-15 minutes here and there checking DPCIs.

I waited 5 weeks, maybe more, for the Fire Boat to finally go to $12.xx around me, and of course when there were dozens of them on the shelves at $24.98 and $34.98 (and some still at MSRP $49.99, a ridiculous MSRP of course) they sat and sat.

Any medium sized set for $10-15? YES PLEASE! And a large, $80-100+ set for $20 or so? I'm all over that.

[quote name='xycury']I can't believe that the PotC sets are getting tagged at 75% off, since the movie was just out 2 months ago.

What is Target thinking.... that and why my Target can't match... I swear I have the anti Target to all other holy Targets that do 75 % all.

The most I see is 50 and that's when it's already gone.[/QUOTE]

LOL xycury, they're scanning and tagged at 75% off, but I'm sure not finding them! Only way to get them at 75% in LA is via the return/rebuy method, which is definitely YMMV and for most things, not worth the time and effort. I'm just very tenacious - that's why I grouped a bunch together...definitely made it worth it. Good luck, all. give those soccer moms, hoarders, and resellers hell (except for those of us CAGs who are soccer moms, hoarders, and resellers)

On a different note, Walmart had the Kingdoms Outpost, Woody's Roundup, and Trash Compacts escape for $35 each on clearance. Pretty much all the HP sets are still on the shelves so I'm hoping for an upcoming clearance. Although at this point it will probably be after Christmas.

[quote name='NCrush']those look too cool to be true... we'll see.[/QUOTE]

That's exactly what I said as I looked at these. Whoever made them should just claim them. They're really pretty nice.

[quote name='TheHelix']TS3 garbage truck is 30 at the lego store.[/QUOTE]

Woodys Roundup was $30 also but its sold out. Jumped on the garbage truck because it will sell out and tru will never lower the damn price.

[quote name='PANZERGRENADIER']Woodys Roundup was $30 also but its sold out. [/QUOTE]

Damn. I was at the LEGO Store and didn't see if for $30.

[quote name='bigdaddy']Damn. I was at the LEGO Store and didn't see if for $30.[/QUOTE]

Lego store online. Do the price drops usually match between online and the stores?

[quote name='PANZERGRENADIER']Lego store online. Do the price drops usually match between online and the stores?[/QUOTE]

Yes, as far as how long it takes I don't know.

EDIT: Great job at Target karkyco

[quote name='PANZERGRENADIER']Lego store online. Do the price drops usually match between online and the stores?[/QUOTE]

went to the store today and bought TS garbage truck and although it said $39.99 on the sticker the price rang up at $29.99

[quote name='bigdaddy']Yep and if it's online and the store doesn't have it you get free shipping.

And my store on Sunday had these for $7.50...

http://shop.lego.com/en-US/LEGO-Female-Minifigure-Magnet-Set-852948

For that price I would have bought 2-3![/QUOTE]

I got a few of those a few months back from the Lego Store with the gift with purchase. I think there really cool, I know my daughter will enjoy them when she is a little older.

I bought Spongebob Glove World for her, totally not worth $20 but what ever, she enjoys it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back