LEGO Deals 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='encendido5']The only thing crazier than that story is that the set sells for $80 :lol:[/QUOTE]

Yep! That set isn't even that great of a design. I neat idea but it just doesn't work.

[quote name='cutiepatootie']For BF, Target has the huge Atlantis and Pyramid from Pharoah's Quest for 64.99....seriously wtf happened to the 50.00 sets they used to do??!! They need to bring that back!

Also, TRU online is doing bogo 50% off sale right now....10.00 coupon 947579 to get $10 off $100 for store pickup. They have the new Dino sets and some others already there.
.[/QUOTE]

I knew I should have stopped in TRU today. Work has been such a bitch I didn't even want to go anywhere but home. I'd like to get the small NinjaGo set.

[quote name='Pirate331']A page or two back, yes. Good luck finding them in the store though...[/QUOTE]

Both of the stores that I frequent (Nashville, TN) have at least 3 displays in each store that have been full since they were put up. They are at the end of the greeting card aisle, toy section and they put one up by the iPad and accessories display.

Oh, FYI, Costco now has the Black Pearl for sale, at a discount ... I can't recall the price but I want to say it was between $70 and $80. I like that set ... but still not enough to bite at that price. But for anyone looking for a discount, Costco added that set and then a larger Star Wars set that I noticed this past week. I want to say that it was the Republic Frigate but not 100% sure on that.

[quote name='etcrane']Dino and Ninja Go sets are at the local TRU in SJ ... and they're B1G1 50% off ...

BUT

I figured I needed a crazy story to mark my return to the LEGO board ...

Got this at TRU today for $12.99 ...

img0544tmwbk.jpg

Here's the crazy story ... sorry guys, it's one of those random luck things. So I'm randomly at TRU and see all these new Dino sets on the LEGO aisle, also some of the new NinjaGo snake sets (those look cool, btw) and I just happen to be holding the T-Rex set (last one) and this lady walks towards me followed by a CSR, and she's saying "See, he's holding the last one right there." So she asks me where I got it and I point to the space I picked it up in and there's a $12.99 tag under it (for something else, I mean we all know how the TRU Lego section is). So she's telling the CSR that it was obviously $12.99 and I'm thinking to myself, "Is this lady nuts, there's no way ..." But the CSR takes down the tag and says "Ok, we'll honor it for you Miss." And I sheepishly ask, "So uh, can I get this one for that price too?" And they honored it ... so ... yeah, it was absolutely crazy and I felt a bit bad, but I had to grab at the opportunity.

TLDR ... yeah, got a 2012 $80 set for $12.99 ... sweeeet![/QUOTE]

What crazy place are you in, that would never ever fly anywhere in this state.

EVER....

Are your TRU tags ambiguous on no item numbers? and you could put any $100 set on the 12.99 label?!

the fucking luck some people get...

[quote name='xycury']What crazy place are you in, that would never ever fly anywhere in this state.

EVER....

Are your TRU tags ambiguous on no item numbers? and you could put any $100 set on the 12.99 label?!

the fucking luck some people get...[/QUOTE]

Like I said, it really made absolutely no sense ... it was more of me just seeing the opportunity to say "Me too?" For all I know, maybe they were attempting to appease this woman because she threatened to go postal at the front of the store and I didn't witness that part. I'm pretty sure the tag even had something else written on it that obviously didn't say Dino or anything. It was sort of like coat-tailing on someone who was playing the system I guess ... since I too would assume that demanding something that illogical would never fly? I mean, the woman even looked at me as she was walking back toward the register with the CSR and was like "It's an $80 set" ... and that wasn't marked anywhere as far as I could tell, so I think maybe she was used to doing this sort of thing?!

Like I said though, it was time for another crazy LEGO story ... I'm sure it will be the first of many more we see on this board during the holiday season ;-)

Brickset is reporting that series 6 of minifigures are out at Walmart in NY. The weekend I'm not in NY. However I haven't seen them at Walmarts before. Are they normally in the box or pegs?

[quote name='etcrane']Oh, FYI, Costco now has the Black Pearl for sale, at a discount ... I can't recall the price but I want to say it was between $70 and $80. I like that set ... but still not enough to bite at that price. But for anyone looking for a discount, Costco added that set and then a larger Star Wars set that I noticed this past week. I want to say that it was the Republic Frigate but not 100% sure on that.[/QUOTE]

I like that set too. I'm not collecting the POTC stuff at all, but that Black Pearl ship looks sweet.

[quote name='whoasaywhat']Both of the stores that I frequent (Nashville, TN) have at least 3 displays in each store that have been full since they were put up. They are at the end of the greeting card aisle, toy section and they put one up by the iPad and accessories display.[/QUOTE]

Same here, except they've all been empty since they were put up with the initial supply. Also, Target did a good job of making the empty display look 3D, so when I'm walking toward it I get tricked into thinking there's actually gift cards there. Damn my poor eyesight.

[quote name='etcrane']Oh, FYI, Costco now has the Black Pearl for sale, at a discount ... I can't recall the price but I want to say it was between $70 and $80. I like that set ... but still not enough to bite at that price. But for anyone looking for a discount, Costco added that set and then a larger Star Wars set that I noticed this past week. I want to say that it was the Republic Frigate but not 100% sure on that.[/QUOTE]

I reported about 3-4 weeks back but it's $80@Costco.

Walmart had a "rollback" for Lego Harry Potter 5-7 to 29.97 and I brought the ad to Best Buy to try and price match and it went through. The guy even let me get the PS3 version.

[quote name='TheHelix']Walmart had a "rollback" for Lego Harry Potter 5-7 to 29.97 and I brought the ad to Best Buy to try and price match and it went through. The guy even let me get the PS3 version.[/QUOTE]

BB is having a deal where you can get the game and the Blu-ray for about $48...since I knew I was getting both I just went with their deal.

I hate this time of the year where I get to buy toys and games, but have to hide them for a month or two!!!

Stopped at TRU last night and tried to get the BOGO50%off to work for the SW advent calendars but it was a no-go. I still wasn't sure if I wanted to buy them even with the deal.

Curse you B1G1 50% off! I was trying to be good after buying all those Target sets last week but then all this new stuff comes out during the sale....$200 later I have a few of the new Dino sets, 2 of the new police stations and the new ambulance.

Had some interest in the Ninjago snake sets, but they seemed a bit overpriced for what you get to me.

Well, it looks like BF is a bit of a bust this year for LEGO products. The TRU ad has a smattering of sets but nothing like 1 or 2 giant sets for 1/2 off or more like past years, as far as I can tell.

Didn't see anything in the Walmart ad and Target has the Pyramid but that feels a bit too expensive. I think I would have bit at $50 but not the nearly $70 they're selling it for.

Anyone disagree or seeing any great deals that I missed?

Yeah, not a lot of LEGO BF deals. Here's hoping Amazon does some good Black Friday Week instant deals. They have for the past few years. At least 2-4 sets. It's never the brand new sets, usually just selling off old stock. I'm willing to bet we'll see a few Atlantis and Pharaoh sets.

They also always seem to do a Creator house. I've gotten two different Creator Houses on Amazon's past Black Friday weeks.

On a totally unrelated note, I just scored a used Crawler Crane on eBay for around $25. If you aren't looking for Star Wars or Batman stuff, you can sometimes find some nice deals on eBay.

Anyone looking to spend money at Target...they have the Lego dog giftcard online. But you have to spend a min of 25.00 to get the mail option.

Yeah, looks like BF sucks now for Lego....what's going on.

TRU has free shipping, no minimum....going to have to buy more small sets now. Son wants Kreo too....sheesh, I hate buying wannabe lego.

[quote name='cassidyarch']Yeah, not a lot of LEGO BF deals. Here's hoping Amazon does some good Black Friday Week instant deals. They have for the past few years. At least 2-4 sets. It's never the brand new sets, usually just selling off old stock. I'm willing to bet we'll see a few Atlantis and Pharaoh sets.

They also always seem to do a Creator house. I've gotten two different Creator Houses on Amazon's past Black Friday weeks.

On a totally unrelated note, I just scored a used Crawler Crane on eBay for around $25. If you aren't looking for Star Wars or Batman stuff, you can sometimes find some nice deals on eBay.[/QUOTE]

Yeah they had those random Indy sets I think right?

I did get two creator houses also.

I think Walmarts big tub of 1600 pieces for only $30 is not too shabby and the best deal for basic blocks.

I'm new to this LEGO world, what is the best place to get the BASE PLATES for my kids? I bought two from TRU during this deal ($11.11 shipped for two), but I'm thinking they are probably cheaper somewhere...but this seemed ok to me.

Also tag sales, every once and awhile I will find a few LEGos, but there are sometimes an old, oddly shaped baseplate with them.

[quote name='cutiepatootie']TRU has the TRU truck on sale for 50% off and the Ninjago bowling set...free shipping.....

http://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=4057240&CAWELAID=546832371

index.jsp

http://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=10954710[/QUOTE]

FYI.... You can price match there online price just as long it doesn't say "online only" in the special offers column. Your experience might be ymmv, it's not stated on there site (couldn't find it at least) but I've been to two different stores out here and they have both told me the same thing and I have successfully done it.

As of this morning the online price was still $50 for the truck and when I got to the store at lunch some bitch took the last two right when I got there and I couldn't steal one from here.

However the worker there was nice. There were no signs for any of the LEGO on sale. I almost bought the Skellie bowl, but it's still not that great of a set. I bought the UFO for $22.50 instead, and got home and bought the truck online.

http://shopping.yahoo.com/articles/yshoppingarticles/737/hot-holiday-toys-for-2011/

Alien Conquest
Manufacturer: Lego
Price: $60
Ages: 8 years old and up

Legos are a classic holiday staple, but this year the brand has two really hot lines, Alien Conquest and Ninjago. Alien Conquest includes several pieces, the Alien Mothership, the Earth Defense HQ, and the UFO Abduction. Kids can use the toys to pretend a large invasion of aliens is attacking Earth and attempt to destroy them.

The UFO set is awesome.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='cassidyarch']$11 for two base plates is pretty good. Keep your eyes out for the LEGO board games, they go on sale a lot and many come with baseplates.[/QUOTE]

Yep, Ramses Pyramid is now regularly-priced at $9.99 at Target and comes with a full-sized tan baseplate. The game seems okay, but as a LEGO set just to build & play with it's great. Also: with the 9 mummies it comes with, it can easily be turned into an unofficial Heroica expansion.

$25 OTD (w/coupon) for Heroica: Castle Fartin' and Ramses' Pyramid. What's not to love?

Don't know if anybody has noticed but there are lego Lightning Deals going on right now and through out the day on Amazon

6:00 AM PST
LEGO® World Racers Wreckage Road 8898List Price: $29.99
Amazon's Price: $29.26 (2% off)Lightning Deal Discount:whistle2:$11.27

Lightning Deal Price: $17.99 (40% off)

7:00 AM PST
LEGO Champion 3861List Price: $34.99
Amazon's Price: $22.39 (36% off)Lightning Deal Discount:whistle2:$4.40

Lightning Deal Price: $17.99 (49% off)

9:00 AM PST
lightning-deal-coming-soon._V192570386_.gif
Upcoming Deal
Includes new battle-damaged Anakin Skywalker

11:00 AM PST
Upcoming Deal
It’s harvest time on the farm

12:00 PM PST
Upcoming Deal
Can Dr. Brains outwit the angry Hammerhead guardian to retrieve the treasure chest and legendary body armor?

1:00 PM PST
Upcoming Deal
Battle for weapons and glory

3:00 PM PST
Upcoming Deal
Build your own airport

5:00 PM PST
Upcoming Deal
The Mummy King Ramses is planning on conquering all of Egypt with his army of mummies!

Okay, The Amazon Lightning Black Friday Deals are already starting. They have two up now (join waiting list, bah) A World Racers set and a board game. There's an upcoming item with the description "It's harvest time at the farm." Long shot, but maybe it's the LEGO farm.

[quote name='cutiepatootie']

Might have to get that alien set for xmas...doesn't fall apart Bigdaddy? We got the smaller one, but son complains it falls apart too easily.[/QUOTE]

I own like 5-6 of the smallest set, and it is a little weak.

However the UFO set is built really well, shockingly well. When I was building it I was going "This seems a little weak", but once you finish it the set is solid. Plus it has three minifigures, and the farmer is really cool, great detail and the return of the pitchfork is nice. The light brick is used excellently, and creates a creepy crosspoint to abduct the humans.

And where is Amazon's lighting deals homepage or am I think of the gold box deals?

I think it's more likely that the farm set is the Kingdoms set and not an actual old farm set, but it could be the pig farm set.

Click on the Black Friday Week banner for the deals. If you refine the search to "Toys and Games" you'll get just the LEGO items. One hour to Palpatine's shuttle. So far the deals have been 40% off and 49%. So I'm hoping this set will be around $24.

I'm really hoping that final deal is the big Pyramid set (and not the big pyramid game.)

{edit} Nope, the copy for that last set is straight out of the Ramses Pyramid game description. Which is $12 right now (already over %50 off) how much lower will it go?

Ooh. I might have to bite at that pyramid at $72.

These Lightning Deals are gone in SECONDS. I was able to get a shuttle @ $29. But, wow, keep your finger on the trigger.

^ 50% off will do that. My problem is I don't have Prime so shipping would kill any deals below $25.

The farm set was Duplo.

I picked up the truck from TRU for $25....FREE SHIPPING is nice, plus 10% back if you are a Rewards member. I probably will keep the truck sealed for a year, since my son is almost 2, but my daughter may like it.

I have a quick question for anyone who has tried it. Is it possible to use the Target gift cards (the ones that come with the LEGO sets) in-store without taking them out of the package?

Edit: One that you have already bought and put money onto I mean.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='prim4444']TRU will have another B1G1 50% the week after Thanksgiving.

Also, the new Star Wars sets are in the system with a street date of 1/23/12[/QUOTE]

Thanks for letting us know....wish it were sooner than January.
I didn't bite on any Amazon deals...they were meh for me.

And Tye, are you talking about the free Lego sets? Someone said you can detach the legos and give the gift card away if that's what you mean.

[quote name='cassidyarch']Hah, you beat me two it--nice post! Time to camp out on Amazon.[/QUOTE]

Damnit, I missed it

I would have grabbed that World racers and the pyramid game...

[quote name='xycury']Damnit, I missed it

I would have grabbed that World racers and the pyramid game...[/QUOTE]

The Pyramid game is $9.99 at Target right now. Been that price for a couple weeks.

New Lego magazine has another 10% coupon. Hard to see myself going back there right now with all the holiday deals though. Well at least I got until the end of the year.

I see some Lego Star Wars sets on Amazon at around 20% off right now (almost equal to TRU's current sale this week). How likely are we to see these at higher discounts? I've never shopped Lego sets on Amazon before during the holiday season. Only set I've ever purchased from Amazon was the Ultimate Building Set which hit 50% a few times during last year's Black Friday week.

[quote name='bigdaddy']
However the UFO set is built really well, shockingly well. When I was building it I was going "This seems a little weak", but once you finish it the set is solid. Plus it has three minifigures, and the farmer is really cool, great detail and the return of the pitchfork is nice. The light brick is used excellently, and creates a creepy crosspoint to abduct the humans.

[/QUOTE]
Bigdaddy, how did you get this set so cheap?? Gonna put it on our list, but I don't think I'll ever be able to find it at the same price.

Thanks to other poster, for letting me know about the Ramses game for 9.99...picked up one for xmas.

The banana monkey game is $5 at Target too. I need to print out the $5 coupon for the Heroica game.

The UFO set (the $30 set not the mothership) is 25% off this week at TRU and Amazon is matching it. It's loads of fun playing with it and the red abduction light, and the fact it actually abducts minifigures.

The UFO abduction set is great. One thing that you can't quite tell from the box pics is that the transparent dome is a new LARGE dome. It is eight studs wide instead of six. If you like those bubble domes (I know I do) grab this set.

[quote name='cutiepatootie']Thanks for letting us know....wish it were sooner than January.
I didn't bite on any Amazon deals...they were meh for me.

And Tye, are you talking about the free Lego sets? Someone said you can detach the legos and give the gift card away if that's what you mean.[/QUOTE]
Yeah I am talking about the Bullseye sets at Target. Can the card be used in the store without removing it from the package?

[quote name='Tyrant01']Yeah I am talking about the Bullseye sets at Target. Can the card be used in the store without removing it from the package?[/QUOTE]

I believe you can. You just have to scratch the back off. I think I even read somewhere you can remove the gift card without damaging the package if you're careful.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back